Hometown ChaChaCha 갯마을 차차차 [2021]

A good start for episode 1. The show began with awesome sceneries and cinematography. Then moved along to give us Kim Seon Ho in shower @abs-oluteM he really did it!!!

By the end, it is revealed Doo Shik is already whipped / love at first sight at Hye Jin and that made me smile and swoon because.... well, can anyone NOT when you see the below? The hair, the smiles and the deep dimples!

c52f648fc1bf2fca6fcd7aa8efa3b36dcad417c44f9a5a5bf8769750a590bd0cf938122f1def2836

source: smittenskitten

I was swooning at Kim Seon Ho throughout especially the last scene. Doo Shik looks too unrealistically handsome for someone who stays at the village but I shan't complain xP I'm not so sure whether I like Hye Jin's character yet so we shall see. Nonetheless, visually they match well ^ ^

Edit: BTW, one lesson learnt from this episode - always have cash on hand and don't rely on cards.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 6
  • Heart Eyes 2
12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Seems like her dad remarried.

Yep yep he's married to his current wife when Hye Jin entered the collage. Based on the flashback Hye Jin's mom seemed to be sick and I guess she passed away when she's still quite young (probably in elementary days?)

It has been written in the characters description for her father and her step mother that I shared yesterday.

3 hours ago, im0202 said:

Is Du-Shik really the Village Chief? I thought it was another person... When the raw fish restaurant owner received a call while bringing HyeJin to DuSik, it was the village chief who called her. 

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Actually, you're right. The call was from the "dong jang" which literally translates to village (dong) chief (jang). However, they call Du Shik "ban jang". Technically, the ban jang is the head of the neighborhood as in this case, and can also be used to name the head of any association or class.

I actually had a hard time in translating Du Shik's characters description few days ago because his descriptions include and explain about his job title which is a little bit confusing for me. I'm not familiar with the administrative or district area in fishing village like this so I just take a wild guess and translate it to the best of my ability. 

This is part of his characters description on tvn website that tell us about his role as the 'Chief Hong'

행정구역 동·리·통·반 중에서 반의 대표를 일컫는 그 반장!
일 년에 두 번, 명절 상여금 5만원이 수당의 전부. 봉사라 봐도 무방한 명예직!
청호시 공진동 5통 1반의 반장으로 3년째 활동 중인

And below is my attempt in translating that part. I know I didn't do justice for it, but I think I spent more than 30 minutes alone looking up at naver dic and even tried to search in google for this part hahaha.. 

Du Shik talked about how Gam Ri Halemoni took care of him after grandfather passed away. I wonder if we will get a flashback about it later in the episodes. It would be nice to look for their chemistry. And Du Shik really cherish Gam RI more than any grandmas I think. And all 3 grandmas looks protective about Du Shik. They didn't feel shy to interrogate Hye Jin who didn't seem to posses any skill for prepping the squid yet Du Shik left her in the grandmas' hand. They are curious whether she's closed with him or not.. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Insightful 4

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

@LaLa, that passage that you posted in Korean about DS' title, here is a translation of just that section. Since geographical administrative terms differ in various countries and regions, I've used the closest equivalent that I think makes sense.

Within the administrative designations of Neighborhood, Village, District, Section, designated to represent a section, that Section Leader!
Twice a year, a holiday bonus of 50,000 Korean Won is all. Rather than seeing it as volunteer work, an honorary position!
In Chong Ho city, Gong Jin region, 5th district, section 1, he’s in his 3rd year as the Section Leader.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Insightful 4

It's good. Watching one episode done. They didnt get me bored for one hour more. I really enjoy the story. This is probably the romance story like kdramas usually have, but they make those countless coincidences are quite logical. So it came out naturally. Also thank you writer for writing it pretty inteligent. I like Chief Hong, he might like crunching the numbers and has multiple jobs, but he is quite a people person who helps those in need around him. Also our pretty jobless dentist too, she's idealistic and independant. Cinderella lost her shoe to let her prince come to find her and here Hong found one of Hye Jin's shoes for her. I see some connection here, yea drama called it fate. 

Love the epilogue! I am so into the story which the guy fall for the girl first here! Hopefully, he didnt become like his old character as good boy, who hides his feeling for her that long. He's the lead here so he would get the girl this time. 😄

• Like 8
  • Heart Eyes 3
2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

save, save, save!)

Haha ! I will save his handsome face ! 

@LaLa  am posting your explanation. This is pre-released ? 

Yay yay @Alice Wonderland I was wondering if you will take a break from Ren Jia Lun & come here . 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6
  • Shocked 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

3 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

Overall, I like the show so far. The interactions between the leads are nice and casual. I certainly did not expect the epilogue though! Romance is in the air (sea breeze??) early on and I like it!

So happy you’re watching this too . We must pray hard for good ending . We need healing from our last drama right? :eeeee:

I do love the setting .Makes me miss the beach . 

• Like 8

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Certainly a nice sea breeze drama for me to take break from non stop angsty palace drama, that I've been consuming too many these days :heiboi: Wave @Alice Wonderlandlols

So far Doo Shik can surfing, speak Russian, make coffee, lead auction, do real estate, repair car, work in sauna. His time management is :1000:. From the way he work around, he's like desperate for money or to meet some goals? 

Their personality is contrast in the surface. He always being at beck & call by the villagers, seems also quite busybody, while she tend to avoid small talk with people eventhough actually she care as well. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM OK. So I can confirm (watching a C-subbed version of the cut) that he sets her house's passcode 870724. He then said that's the only number he could think of, the same passcode as his house's. :laugh:

This guy is really TMI 😂

And HyeJin’s reaction LOL the girl doesn’t want to know your house passcode (yet)! :laugh:

10 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

From the way he work around, he's like desperate for money or to meet some goals? 

Yeah I was wondering while watching the episode as to why he was working so hard earning small amounts here and there. Is he in debt/ trying to pay off debt? Hmm.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

I enjoyed the first episode very much. It's exactly the easy, breezy romantic comedy that I have been wanting to watch for awhile now. I like that the episode very quickly set up the essential characteristics of Hyejin and Dushik as well as hints of their background (for HJ) and the mystery of why and Dushik does odd-jobs around Gongjin. I found myself wondering how does he manage his schedule of so many different jobs and how many hours does he get to sleep? Also how did he manage to learn and accumulate so many skills in his young life. 

4 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

I thought it would be an interesting aspect if he wasn't originally from there as well, making him the living proof in the story that you can completely adjust from city-life after moving to the countryside. But his conversation with halmoni sort of says that he's been there since he was a kid, so my point is moot. (or is it? Looking forward for DS' backstory)

Ooh this is an interesting possibility to consider how he came to Gongjin. It's still possible that he left Gongjin as a young adult and maybe came back when he was older? I am looking forward to his backstory.

Speaking of Gongjin, I feel like we got a mini-tour tour of Gongjin as Dushik went around taking care of the elderly and I am looking forward to getting to know the town and its residents better. Thank you @stroppyse and @im0202 for elaborating more on the village chief title, that was a little confusing with the subs.

And gosh this drama is so aesthetically pleasing! I loved the opening sequence as they transitioned back and forth between Seoul and Gongjin. Especially that shot when the sea was mirrored in the building! And of course, the beautiful beautiful leads!

17 hours ago, LaLa said:

@Jane I think we have to be patient and wait until Sang Yi appears in Hometown Cha Cha Cha. My guess his appearance will probably in ep 3 the earliest. 

I am glad! Seonho alone is already driving me crazy, when Sangyi joins in, you will have to pick me up from the ground! :SquirtleWonderfull:

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1

@mademoiselle this man is so sly ! Haha ! But he definitely is out the box thinker - he made her work for the 4000 instead of just  lending her. Lol! 

@SilverMoonTea I think because he doesn’t have a stable job , he does whatever he can. I believe he chose this alternate lifestyle instead of being bound to a fixed one so that he could have his freedom to do as he pleases. I like that it challenges social norms of what we think is an acceptable career or way of life . 

Yippee @Jane . You are here . 

• Like 8
  • Clapping Hands 1

6 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yippee @Jane . You are here . 

Hi hi! Gosh this thread is moving so fast, I need to get back into the forum rhythm! :GrowDerp:

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Edit: BTW, one lesson learnt from this episode - always have cash on hand and don't rely on cards.

Haha I know right! I am like Hyejin, I don't carry any cash and at this point, I rely on my phone for all my payments! Although that ATM going down was really a crazy stroke of bad luck!

TVN posted the epilogue! I am pretty sure I will be rewatching this a lot in between episodes!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

22 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

So far Doo Shik can surfing, speak Russian, make coffee, lead auction, do real estate, repair car, work in sauna. His time management is :1000:. From the way he work around, he's like desperate for money or to meet some goals?

Thanks for mentioning the coffee! I almost forgot about that. 😄😄 His coffee is probably much better than what the cafe owner made. 

I think most of the work he only does a couple of hours at a time. Like the auction for early morning, sauna late late night, whatever comes his way in between. I don't think it's for the money cause he's probably not making much since they're part-time work and maybe even volunteer work? (Even with the explanation above, I'm still not sure what his official work is with his title 😄

I remember a trip I went to on a small town recently. A lot of shops open late and close early, some are like only 10am to 4pm? Something like that. Majority are even closed on Wednesdays or are open maybe 4-5 days a week? 😄 Felt like a super laid back town to what I'm used to and you'll be forced to rest. I imagine people there can work multiple places full time. 

41 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

So happy you’re watching this too . We must pray hard for good ending . We need healing from our last drama right? :eeeee:

I do love the setting .Makes me miss the beach . 

Oh yes! I am in need of a good romantic ending. 😄 This made me miss Racket Boys actually. 

Btw, I'm just curious. I'm not sure how often they make scenes from trailers a bit different from what is actually shown, but I wonder why they didn't use the "Cha Cha Cha" line when Hye-Jin asked Du-Shik if he had a car. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Haha 3

Episode 1 is a good introduction, I like how this show oozing the meaning of nature doesn't ask you for complicated things. Local heroine Chief Hong is living his life, with so much smiles that he collected from the villagers.

The way our idealist dentist Hyejin, that very usual type of young adult in the city, falls into that sparkling thing when you make other people smiles because your doing..

It's a soft spot for me from this drama! Breezy & warm. The soundtracks are feeling good too.

The seaside view, cinematography, like @Warm Paws said, I hope it's not just because we are in pilot eps. My love to the sea is very triggered with this so I'm really enjoying it (hahaha)

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

@LaLa, that passage that you posted in Korean about DS' title, here is a translation of just that section. Since geographical administrative terms differ in various countries and regions, I've used the closest equivalent that I think makes sense.

Thank you! I'll use your version and edit my post in the previous pages. Now it's become more understandable about why they separate the words with '.' because it means for different area. 

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

@LaLa  am posting your explanation. This is pre-released ? 

Yes yes it's a pre-released clips for tonight episode. Hye JIn has moved to Gong Jin and Du Shik visits her place to see whether she's setting well. I think he's the one who remodel (?) or re-decorate the house that she currently resided in Gong Jin and want to see if she's satisfied with it. He let her know the schedule for recycling the trash and a safe (?) which the passcode he set is his birthday LOL. Du Shik was born in July 24 1987. At first Hye Jin was surprised to hear he sets it with his birthday. She became mortified when he let her know about his house passcode which is his birthdate. She threaten to throw away the paper but on a second thought she keep it because Du Shik warn she will need the safe (?). Then she comments that he's older than her by 1 year and Du Shik teased her again that he will be angry if she call him 'Oppa'. She became furious again LOL.. Too bad the tvn twitter didn't upload the full pre-release clip. I used vpn to watch the full one on naver.

49 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Yeah I was wondering while watching the episode as to why he was working so hard earning small amounts here and there. Is he in debt/ trying to pay off debt? Hmm.

This might be a spoiler but in his descriptions, something happened 5 years ago that made him living like that. He has become the section leader of Gong Jin for 3 years... All the villagers are curious about it but no one really knew the real reason behind his action. We'll have to wait until that plot unveils in the future. 

51 minutes ago, Jane said:

I am glad! Seonho alone is already driving me crazy, when Sangyi joins in, you will have to pick me up from the ground!

Thank God that the eye candy are only two of them.. Their quarrel over Hye Jin and their bromance will be so funny. I can't wait to see them together. Oh and Sang Yi will be Hye Jin senior from uni days, I wonder if Du Shik will be jealous when she calls Sung Hyun Oppa? kekeke :laugh:

Aahh I missed visiting the beach while watching this... I want to go to beach again... :cry:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

18 minutes ago, LaLa said:

This might be a spoiler but in his descriptions, something happened 5 years ago that made him living like that. He has become the section leader of Gong Jin for 3 years... All the villagers are curious about it but no one really knew the real reason behind his action. We'll have to wait until that plot unveils in the future. 

Oooh I see! I didn’t go and read anything about the drama... Only thing I know is that KSH and SMA are the leads and I’m going into this drama completely blind! (Well, apart from having watched the very first teaser) Sometimes it’s more fun like that hehe.

21 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Too bad the tvn twitter didn't upload the full pre-release clip. I used vpn to watch the full one on naver.

Ah no wonder! Thought that there was something that I was obviously missing when you mentioned the ‘oppa’ part 😂 Darn it tvN with the partial upload! 

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoiselle oh did you find this sexy because of his exposed collar bone ? :LaxEat:

How come you don't find him the sexy sort? TBH this guy never show his abs in the dramas. Always cheating...see Waikiki 2. 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

34 minutes ago, Warm Paws said:

Btw, I'm just curious. I'm not sure how often they make scenes from trailers a bit different from what is actually shown, but I wonder why they didn't use the "Cha Cha Cha" line when Hye-Jin asked Du-Shik if he had a car. 

Gosh you are right! I rewatched it and she didn't say cha cha cha. LOL

Are you planning to do your videos again like how you did for MMH?

@Jane I too don't carry much cash. In fact since covid , I pay for everything with card or ewallet ! 

@LaLa I re-read your char description for Lee Sang Yi's character - seems like such a sweetheart. Gonna feel bad when the love triangle kicks in. I wonder if there's any hope he could get his own love line. Though I don't see any other female characters that could potentially be. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Oooh I see! I didn’t go and read anything about the drama... Only thing I know is that KSH and SMA are the leads and I’m going into this drama completely blind! (Well, apart from having watched the very first teaser) Sometimes it’s more fun like that hehe

I used to be like that too. But these days I've started to spoil myself with the characters description hahaha. It all depends with the production team. Some has given spoilers about upcoming scenes in the drama and some gave more explanation about the characters that won't be shown in the drama because it's just part of the character past. I try to read the description for the second reason, however it didn't always work that way so yeah I'm used with the spoiler now hahaha. 

32 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Ah no wonder! Thought that there was something that I was obviously missing when you mentioned the ‘oppa’ part 😂 Darn it tvN with the partial upload! 

Yep on the video thumbnail they use the word oppa, but didn't show us the actual footage. So stingy. But it got shown in the highlight teaser so if you check that one, you won't miss that much. Du Shik not only want to invite her to his house but want a special title from her as well. Sneaky sneaky Du Shik :smug:

30 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@LaLa I re-read your char description for Lee Sang Yi's character - seems like such a sweetheart. Gonna feel bad when the love triangle kicks in. I wonder if there's any hope he could get his own love line. Though I don't see any other female characters that could potentially be

Yes, so far in his description he seems to be attracted to Hye Jin only. I really hope his character will have his own purposes and story development, not only as the second male lead or as the third wheel.. he deserves more than that.. 

29 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

The best part for me is the epilogue! Do you think maybe he kept the other shoe??

Maybe if Hye Jin visits his house, she will find her missing heel? LOL :GrowDerp:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

@abs-oluteM this one is one of my happy pills, angts antidote. Then I can continue sobbing later with him. 

@SilverMoonTea he is multi-talented! I like his boat house, that is a perfect place for them to date later on ya... they have the beautiful view and healing vibes. 

@Chocolate I was wondering the same, he watched her from a far before, I assumed he sees her other shoe pair too. I am quite hopeful that the brand new luxirious shoes could be saved both. Lol. It ripped her off!

I think she has different mother than before, or I see her wrong? There is something off about her return to the hometown. Her alarm alerted her mom's birthday.

P.S. Some fans on IG made a joke that this ship is a forbidden ship. But well anything for forbidden is much interesting and intriguing. LOL.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6