Hometown ChaChaCha 갯마을 차차차 [2021]

Woahhhhh...they are going to have pajamas party....ahahahah...she was drunk and slept over? The whole village is abuzz thinking these two must have something going on. And finally @LaLa and @Jane we will get to see Lee Sang Yi

Preview

From today   Ooooo

Video in spoiler ...ahh is it too fast ?

Spoiler

I believe from spoilers , he heard about some pervert patient and was very worried about her ...long story short he helped catch the pervert 

• Like 6

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

2 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha, I think it is such a trope with Kim Seon Ho. That man is a grandma magnet :cool: His chemistry with the elderly folks warms my heart

I think this is the first drama where KSH is all sweet with a grandmother since I didn't watch Start Up, and the other dramas I've watched with him in it didn't feature him with grandmothers.

Other dramas recently where a relationship with grandparents are featured prominently, though, include Racket Boys, Top Star Yoo Baek, Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol, Shopping King Louis, The Uncanny Counter. That's just off the top of my head, if I thought about it, I feel as if I could probably name any number of other dramas and movies with a prominent grandmother relationship. That could just be me since I've also been watching a number of family dramas recently. 

2 hours ago, JenL said:

Eg. HJ accepting the food but not eating the food from the grandma would be considered a polite way of rejecting something in the city. But in the village with elderly folk, it was still considered a slight.

Well, accepting and not eating would be considered rude in the city as well, however, she probably would not be under such close inspection by the grandmothers in the city. If food is given to her, HJ could accept the food, take it to her house, then claim later that she enjoyed it immensely.

However, in a party setting like that one, she should accept the food and consume it there. But, the food would probably not be meant to be handled by hands in a city setting. Rather, it would be on a plate using serving utensils or something.

• Like 6
30 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I think this is the first drama where KSH is all sweet with a grandmother since I didn't watch Start Up, and the other dramas I've watched with him in it didn't feature him with grandmothers.

Haha, I just say this as someone who was only exposed to KSH since Start Up, which I feel a lot of other people were as well :idk: 

31 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Well, accepting and not eating would be considered rude in the city as well, however, she probably would not be under such close inspection by the grandmothers in the city. If food is given to her, HJ could accept the food, take it to her house, then claim later that she enjoyed it immensely.

However, in a party setting like that one, she should accept the food and consume it there. But, the food would probably not be meant to be handled by hands in a city setting. Rather, it would be on a plate using serving utensils or something.

I suppose there's not really an easy sceario to reject food with elderly people. They always seem determined to feed you :laugh: 

But yes, I meant that people have less time to be focused so much on others in busier settings like the city. This is just based off my experiences with Asian grandmas in the city and village setting. The lifestyles and subcultures are different because of how they live :idk:

• Like 8

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

When I feel 1 hour more is too short, then the drama must be good. That's what I think.

I watch many dramas which have the bad guy/scumbag or any kind, I could bear to watch them, but I always nervous whenever the scumbag is a molester or rapist, they really make me disgusted and I love HJ for her oustanding high-kick to that jerk, it's really satisfying to watch the scene when he got multiple slaps to shut his dirty mouth and beaten up. I had this goosebumps all over my skin thinking what he did to MS.

What I like about this show, love to see how they always give us the touching epilogue. He likes her but she doesn't realize it and she likes him but he doesn't know it either. Who's gonna tell them this?? I'm waiting for MS to spill it out for them cuz I thought they're gonna play hard to get for a while. But now she's also busy with her crush, lols.

I am not a fan of slow burn romance cuz I thought it would be too tiring to see their progress, but I do make some exceptions. I like their slow build up here, like getting to know each other, understanding each other personally, that is kind of cool. I love that the writer doesn't rush them into a couple relationship. They don't go too fast or too slow. Like they flow in a good harmony. Somtimes, some drama couples got me bored when they become lovers too easy.

Ooh next episode will be much fun, they both wake up in the same bed or floor mat, ya whatever, that will be so funny seeing how HJ got panick seeing H is beside her.

Ok, I'm sleepy. Good night all.

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 2

Episode 4 was cute, but also a bit serious with that sexual harassing jerk who thinks that because he's connected, he can get away with anything as long as there isn't hard evidence against him. As soon as he asked about whether the clinic had cctv or not, it was clear that he was a criminal of some kind.

Aside from that, though, DS and HJ are getting to know more about each other. There is clearly a lot about DS that we don't know, though we now know that he did move away from the village for awhile. I think HJ is more straightforward about her interest in DS, even though she's not ready to admit it to anyone, including herself. It feels as though DS likes HJ, but has some reasons for keeping her at arm's length rather than letting her know that he's interested.

I also wonder whether DS already knew HJ before they met on the beach that day. We know that they had run into each other as children, but something makes me wonder whether DS already knew HJ even before she came to GongJin. Or maybe I'm just having serious DDSSLLS vibes again. :laugh:

We also saw the introduction of the second male lead who was senior to HJ when they were at school. The second ML is a tv producer who is shooting a reality show of some kind with Jun who is a member of a boy idol group.

Jun had been HJ's patient 2 years ago, and HJ has a picture of them together to show Ju Ri, so now Ju Ri and HJ are fast friends as fans of Jun. I can see that JR is going to totally kick herself once she realizes that she failed to recognize Jun, even though she served him. Then again, JR wasn't expecting to see her bias in her town in her cafe, so understandable that she thought he was a lookalike. However, JR is so cynical, perhaps this will teach her to be less cynical about people? Who knows.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

:wow: The Dimples Event :cuddle:

Du Shik and Hye Jin had us the first time they flashed their dimples at each other and at us!

It's still in the early stages and we're still meeting various characters, but even if the story may feel a bit familiar, the characters are what keep us hooked.

So, it's time to have an event to show this drama some love! You know the drill, post after this post and earn points for each post until the end of the event.

Very soon, we'll have new badges for this drama that can be bought at the Member Shop! We may end up having 1 or 2 chaebol versions as well, for which you'll have to ask a chaebol for some assistance to buy.

Happy Dimples Watching! :SquirtleWonderfull:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Party! 3

@Chocolate I think I like the fangilrling part too, but seriously I am with DS, getting so disturbed with that voice level of that kid, gosh.. I think she's too exagerating. If you watch with your headphone, you can feel how bad it is for your ears, she's very loud! I dont know I find her a bit annoying at the beginning. She's too impolite to the elders or to someone that she should pay her respect. Hope as she gets her new fangirl partner, she'll be a bit matured perhaps, or worse? Lols

But I think they intentionally write her so, so the kids in the villages are only 3? Lols. And all three represent all. Good boy, sporty girl and a fangirl. I like the good boy the most! His scenes with his divorced parents are just touching. When his mom asked if he ever felt unhappy with their divorce. He answered he was not okay when he was six but now he can understand them. Awww.. what a good boy he is. A good example of that you don't have to be rebelious if you have a broken home, a divorce parents. In his case, he grew up as a mature kid than his peers. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1
3 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

But I think they intentionally write her so, so the kids in the villages are only 3? Lols. And all three represent all. Good boy, sporty girl and a fangirl. I like the good boy the most! His scenes with his divorced parents are just touching. When his mom asked if he ever felt unhappy with their divorce. He answered he was not okay when he was six but now he can understand them. Awww.. what a good boy he is. A good example of that you don't have to be rebelious if you have a broken home, a divorce parents. In his case, he grew up as a mature kid than his peers. 

Aiyo, so sad for his mother. It seemed like there was hope for the parents to reconcile but then the father's first love appeared!

The man is also... a man 🙄 The minute he saw a prettier woman and discovered she is still single, he forgot all about his ex-wife and the fond feelings he was starting to have again! And she carried that heavy bag of food to his office and all the way home again!

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Aiyo, so sad for his mother. It seemed like there was hope for the parents to reconcile but then the father's first love appeared!

The man is also... a man 🙄 The minute he saw a prettier woman and discovered she is still single, he forgot all about his ex-wife and the fond feelings he was starting to have again! And she carried that heavy bag of food to his office and all the way home again!

I do feel so, she once again felt very broken heart. She is a good wife but probably since the ex husband is too oriented with good looks so he easily swayed. I think she still likes him but he has set his new goal, to get his first love. 

• Like 6

Hahaha. I just saw a cut of, I think 2 Nights A Day, where they were at the beach and KSH was the second fastest to run into the water and then realise he doesn't know how to swim! So in reality, Hong Doo Shik can't swim :lmao2:

I enjoyed E3-4. The scene that stood out for me in E3 is when Doo Shik was telling Hye Jin to be more understanding of Halmoni and when Hye Jin counter him the one thing Halmoni should do is the stay healthy and live as long as possible for her loved ones, I teared up because it really hit the heart. And I think Doo Shik must have felt the same too, assuming his Haraboji sacrificed a lot to raise him too.

"I don't raise anything alive" - this is such a heartbreaking line coming from Doo Shik. I'm predicting he must think he's the reason his family passed away. I feel this "reason" is going to be an obstacle for the blooming relationship. But at the moment, I'll just enjoy all their cute moments and how Doo Shik hovers around Hye Jin. xD

The interior of Doo Shik's house is too pretty to be a house in a village. It looks like he's revamped it to suit his own taste. Based on their conversation while drinking and some crumbs here & there, I'm guessing Doo Shik must have left Gongjin for quite a while (he'd have to study Seoul Uni + military service = 6 years at least). Doo Shik, if not loaded like chaebol, would at least have a steady income through inheritance from Haraboji and parents (life insurance?).

Like everyone else I'm curious why Doo Shik is visiting a clinic with such serious expression. Is he visiting a psychiatrist? Health problems (doesn't look like it)?

Mi Sun and policeman are kinda cute. The actor playing the policeman used to play shady character in other dramas; it's nice that for once he's doing a cute and shy role.

e073666c0a3943ed8cb57f742b267b3824844bd8

When this scene appear, I thought it was funny because it looks exactly like them doing this:

:pandapopcorn:

Question of the day. How does the cafe by day bar by night survive? The restaurant is so empty most of the time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

I'm relieved that Episodes 3 and 4 were better which means I'm still watching and I'll continue to do so. The leads remain the biggest drawcard and it would be a waste of such good chemistry as well as acting talent if they're not well served by the script. Right now I have mixed feelings about the writing. It's certainly an easy watch and the highlight of the last two episodes is seeing Hye-jin connect more with some of the townsfolk -- young and elderly alike. I especially enjoyed her interactions with Gam-ri and Ju-ri. Whatever her motives are, it's always far more satisfying when she takes the initiative to negotiate her own way into more congenial terms with the other party than when Du-sik leads her by the nose and preaches the art of compromise. I keep wondering if Du-sik's behaviour might not be interpreted much more negatively if Kim Seon-ho with his million-dollar smile wasn't the one delivering it. That entire road trip to Seoul with the senior ladies although humorous seemed to me also a case of really bad manners on the part of Du-sik et al. While it's not a huge imposition at the end of the day the presumption is still off-putting and shows (whether consciously or unconsciously) disrespect for another person's privacy and boundaries. It just so happens that Hye-jin is a much better human being than he imagines which is why there's no retaliation. HIs entire agenda is murky to my mind. He's trying to change her without knowing anything about her. Whether he realises it or not, there's a kind of superiority complex to that. There's a part of me that's willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. It could be a consequence of him being lovestruck. Or more seriously, an effect of the PTSD.

Fortunately things take a turn for the better again in Episode 4. There's something satisfying about hearing Du-sik apologize. It's not that I think Hye-jin is perfect but it often does feel as if she's constantly being tested and scrutinized like a freak show in a zoo since she's the newcomer. The hamfisted comparison to the hedgehog is very suggestive. The fact that the fallout from the senior's party faux pas was only temporary shows that it was largely a plot device

On principle I don't object to a highly charged combative dynamic between the leads at the start but of late (and this happens in C dramas too) the fashion is to have romantic leads knock heads as if every show has to have a Pride and Prejudice trajectory even when there's no obvious need for it.. More often than not, it makes no or little sense for the leads to put each other's back up except as some perverse whim which afflicts one or the other. The limitations of the script means that there's an over-reliance of conflict even when it's incoherent as the primary means for pushing forward the narrative. Making Du-sik's backstory a big mystery doesn't really seem to be helping much. His unclear intentions towards Hye-jin don't work in his favour.

One thing that the urban and rural divide have in common are the busybodies and gossips. That's highlighted by Hye-jin's attendance at a uni mate's wedding by the conspicuous snobbery and backhanded mockery of the seachange. In Gongjin we have the doings of Cho Nam-sook who can't wait to tell Hwa-jeong that an old love rival is back in town. The gleefulness to witness the fireworks is disturbing. To say the least.

I can see why Yeong-guk and Hwa-jeong's marriage ended up in divorce from their brief interactions although it feels to me that they could have tried a lot harder to stay together since both seem to still have feelings for each other. Bringing a third party in at this time might be helpful or it might turn into a makjang first before its usefulness in bringing two people together comes evident.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 5

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

27 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

i am really liking this drama.... though very predictable storyline yet its kinda keeping me hooked because of the acting maybe...??

Haha I have the exact same thoughts. The storyline is predictable and there are so many romcom-y cliches but I’m still hooked mainly due to the chemistry between the two leads and the other supporting characters in the village bring much fun too. Plus the views! Oh the views :wow:

And in every episode there is always one or two characters who throw in a line that makes you think deeply and reflect about family. Overall the drama has been exactly as advertised - fun and healing.

@abs-oluteM See this @mademoiselle posting HD gifs of SMA and KSH!! I heart-eyes the post but 😩 lol 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
27 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I especially enjoyed her interactions with Gam-ri and Ju-ri. Whatever her motives are, it's always far more satisfying when she takes the initiative to negotiate her own way into more congenial terms with the other party than when Du-sik leads her by the nose and preaches the art of compromise. I keep wondering if Du-sik's behaviour might not be interpreted much more negatively if Kim Seon-ho with his million-dollar smile wasn't the one delivering it. That entire road trip to Seoul with the senior ladies although humorous seemed to me also a case of really bad manners on the part of Du-sik et al. While it's not a huge imposition at the end of the day the presumption is still off-putting and shows (whether consciously or unconsciously) disrespect for another person's privacy and boundaries. It just so happens that Hye-jin is a much better human being than he imagines which is why there's no retaliation. HIs entire agenda is murky to my mind. He's trying to change her without knowing anything about her.

Am glad you wrote this as  I mentioned this earlier too. I thought it crossed the line and you are right that if it wasn't KSH's flashing dimples , I would have been even more agitated. I often put myself in Hye Jins' shoe and I feel very bad that sometimes the show makes her the "villain" here.  The only thing that made me less annoyed was that DS realised & admitted  that he judged her without knowing her side of things. 

-----------------------------

hahaah @im0202, @mademoiselleis trying to torture you ( and me).

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: -