Hometown ChaChaCha 갯마을 차차차 [2021]

Hahaha I'm a little late with my own opinions since everyone here is watching and Ican't keep up with fast discussions! :laugh: But you didn't think you would get away with me not putting my opinions down did you? :smile:

Episodes 1-2

- This drama is actually more prickly than chill in terms of character relationships for the first 2 episodes, though I know it will most definitely become one of those warm community dramas. I think there's always a teething period with city-turned-countryside protagonists, but this one I think will take slightly more time due to the stubbornness of the female lead. :heiboi:

- I think HJ is an interesting character - I like her, I'm also annoyed at her, but she's definitely redeemable (I understand DS's feelings about her :laugh:). In terms of the picky rich girl trope, I find her a more belivable version of that trope - she just reflects what a lot of educated, white collar Asian city-dweller types are likely to be like - she just has super bouge tastes. She's not as mean as Song Yi from My Love from Another Star or fabulous in tastes as say Seri from Crash Landing or as naive as Goo Lala from Do do sol sol la la sol, so I think it's a more realistic portrayal of the trope - she's stand-offish because a lot of city people do like to keep to themselves, as a dentist, hygiene is important to her and as someone educated, she's likely not to believe what the older generation believe or find acceptable. :idk:  Got to admit, while I didn't hate the flowery wallpaper, when she re-did the apartmment, I was like, this is so pretty now! :BulbaOWO:

- The thing that annoys me about HJ is that she's really stubborn and isn't careful with her words! Like hello, people have feelings :pandarage2:...I felt it before the big mistake in Ep 2, just the way she would cut people off or tell them something bad about themselves. Still, she has a lot of warmth, like when she helped those kids and I like seing the multiple dimensions of her character - in Ep 1, she seems warm/ friendly / the victim of bad circumstances, but then in Ep 2, you see the other side that can she be overly picky/ stubborn / insensitive as well. It gives a more realistic character :heiboi:

- Haha, but the same goes for DS as well in terms of friendliness and prickliness - In the first ep, I was really confused when he first spoke to her and it spounded harsh! But I guess he had picked out her character already judging from the shoes and her carelessness with them...I also judged her because who wears those fancy things to the beach and doesn't look after them?! :lettalKWA: (But also from the epilogue, DS does what I do - pretend I don't like someone when I actually find them attractive :laugh:)

- I find DS to be super relatable from the multiple jobs to his ways of getting along with people. I like that he's such a peacemaker and he solves people's problems by connecting them to someone else in the town or integrating a foreigner (as we saw with Russian guy and HJ). And he knows what sort of behaviours will wins people's hearts like when he buys the snacks from the shop owner for the meeting and pretends that HJ did it in apology. I also think he's one of those male leads who isn't tsundere and mean for the sake of it / sake of a past trauma - he has a real deep understanding of people and every time he tells HJ off for her poor behaviour, I feel like he really hits the nails on the head and cuts deep into the root of her problems  :BulbaOWO:

- Also I'm such a sucker for KSH and his cute Halmoni relationships!!! Him piggybacking grandma gave me Start Up vibes again....so this is what happened to HJP...he ended up giving up his businesses and living in a fishing village (I mean if you think about it - DS is as stingy as HJP was too:laugh: I laugh everytime he counts out change and when he presented the snack receipt to HJ. 

- The village people are also prickly but fun to watch. I mean, in a way I get why HJ was annoyed as they do have some habits of their own and small towns are always nosy,have an us v. them mentality until they adopt you and also expect a certain level of community engagement...but her only wanting to deal with them for business rather than caring about them as people was hard to watch until she finally woke up :pandascared:

- What I really loved was how scandalised those old ladies were about her active wear...and then when DS spoke up for her, they were shocked! :laugh::laugh::laugh: But he probably didn't mind the active wear.... :smug: The scene I cringed through most was of course the bit where she badmouthed the guy and the mic was on. I did find his constant talking about the past annoying...but if it was me, I'd just find ways to find something interesting out of the things talked about or I'd re-direct the conversation to the parts worth talking about :idk:

- I think it's funny how they all seem to pick on her but not her friend though who has also moved down. But the friend seems smarter than her not to rock the waters and stand out in a bad way. :thinking:

-Looking forward to the next episodes!

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Watching eps 2 midway, and I felt a bit sorry for Hye Jin. I empathise with her - hahaahah I am OCD about cleanliness so I am not fond of people giving me food with their bare hands :psweatduck:. Especially if they have licked their fingers. Perhaps she was a little too honest with some of her comments but it was a bit unfair that her conversation got caught on the microphone . She wasn't saying those things to the village folks and was just complaining to her friend privately -something we would all do in her situation especially if you feel like a fish out of water. The truth is the judgement here go both ways. Doo Sik telling her off at her door when he came to deliver goods was rather judgmental on his part. I don't think she had it that easy growing up as well.  But credit to Doo Sik since he did tell her he understood how she felt and gave her good advice on how to regain the trust of the others.

Anyhow , with regards to Doo Sik's suit, think his fiancee or girlfriend had left him before the wedding ? Based on the character descriptions , something big happened to him 5 years ago . And I just realised Doo Sik can make soaps too. @Alice Wonderland  yes Doo Sik's license for everything reminds me of KYK's character in Hello Me . LOL! 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

7 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

You promised me he would get the girl this time! 

Wait a minute....I'm going to pretend I did not read this. :niu:

Kim Seon Ho getting his forever happiness (by getting the girl) is a big motivator for me to continue. If @abs-oluteM is already suspecting alternative endings, I have to start considering what I need to do here. I cannot have another repeat of MMH. That will damage my heart. :letalQQ:

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

@Chocolate @Tofubahahaah...don't worry ...if they follow the movie ending , he would. Plus I think there will be an uproar if he doesn't . In shows where he was the lead he always did ( Waikiki 2,  Catch The Ghost, You Drive Me Crazy) and even in Strongest Deliveryman as 2nd lead, he had his own love line. So if we go by the statistics he will :lol:.

ahahah that tropey scene was quite scary to film. @ktcjdrama was telling @Tofuon twitter I was also bugged by the fact she wore socks with heels. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

18 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Are you doing a brushing hair compilation? How many times did he do it in ep2? Hahahaha

I tried to, at least just for ep 1. But considering that I missed a major 3-in-1 hair brushing shot, I didn't actually do a good job. 😆 I haven't tried for ep 2, but since I didn't notice it that much, then maybe there wasn't really a lot. 

The last time I tried to do a compilation of a character's quirk was Ja-Sung's "Stop" in MMH. 😂 I immediately stopped after episode 1 and didn't even finish. There was too much. Also, I don't think watching someone say "stop" non-stop is something people will enjoy. 🤣

16 hours ago, TRaNz said:

DuSik is weird, like hella weird.

Legit does EVERYTHING in town with his 15 certified credentials, but still has time to go fishing....LOL.

He is just incredibly... efficient. 😂 He finished multiple renovations all by himself in what seemed to be such a short amount of time. Meanwhile, we recently painted a dining table and it needed a 2-man team and an entire weekend. 😂

---

Oh no, I didn't know MMH's ending had so many people traumatized. I certainly do hope this show gets a good ending. 😨

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
14 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

ahahah that tropey scene was quite scary to film. @ktcjdrama was telling @Tofuon twitter I was also bugged by the fact she wore socks with heels. 

socks with heels sometime cute, I just hope she wears sock with anti slipper function bcs it will be really slippery if not!! Quite scary too for watching that tropey scene hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

I was also bugged by the fact she wore socks with heels.

LOL... It’s alright for me because I’ve seen many people do this while in Taiwan. 

I think DS left the village for some time in the past and probably lived in Seoul as well. I noticed that his child version spoke with an accent but the adult him has no accent. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 7

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

56 minutes ago, Warm Paws said:

The last time I tried to do a compilation of a character's quirk was Ja-Sung's "Stop" in MMH. 😂 I immediately stopped after episode 1 and didn't even finish. There was too much. Also, I don't think watching someone say "stop" non-stop is something people will enjoy. 🤣

Lol I think it's OK coz I've seen video compilation of So Ji Sub's famous "Go jo" from The Master Sun and a compilation of IU yelling from Hotel Del Luna 😆😆😆

So Ja Sung's STOP is pretty mild.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

:lol:

gongjin seaside village characters introduction
human newsletter : hong dushik
surfer : hong dushik
fisherman : hong dushik
auctioneer : hong dushik
barista : hong dushik
sauna clerk : hong dushik
real estate agent : hong dushik
head of weekly cleaning : hong dushik

@NetflixKR

Is there a man in charge of everything in the village? Yes, I will be the Hongbanjang.

E-E2ojeUYAAT-2g?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 10
6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

But credit to Doo Sik since he did tell her he understood how she felt and gave her good advice on how to regain the trust of the others.

I really felt bad for her too. And I feel kibd of everyone is too judgemental over her. I mean if I were in her shoes having that singer ahjussi keep talking nonstop even I had hinted him politely I wasnt interested to his stories I would be so annoyed as well. He is kind of annoying when he's boosting how good he is. 

I like how he 'teach' her with some life lessons. Haha. Like how he send her to earn her own money rather than lending her from his pocket. And he helps her to mend things between her and the villagers. What I like the most he knows she is not what she look like outside. 

Hahaha, yea, he drops them some because of those haelmonies shoot him with their laser eyers. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

:lol::lol::lol: Sorry to hometown cha-cha-cha, borrow your scene!

OWRD55P.png

Spoiler

E-GfjJyWEAAk05G?format=jpg&name=large

Legend:

- binjin grocery shopping in LA

- binjin had a meal together

- binjin photographed together after airport check in after pretending to not see each other at the check in counter

- binjin "caught" holding hands while filming (refuted by both; angle/lighting issue)

- binjin leaving after meeting with the same sponsor - Mediheal and Manyo

- same haversack seen in grocery and airport photos

- binjin at Baeksang 2020

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 9
  • Party! 1

I really like the quotes...

TvN's original post in the spoiler.

Spoiler

This is with subs

KSH's agency posted the surfing BTS - original in spoiler

Spoiler

This with subs

Look at how hard it is to shoot that scene ...

By any chance does anyone have the written preview?

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Ep 3 (translated by Papago, with revision)

Hyejin leaves home to attend a college-friend wedding.
However, Doo-sik, who appeared with his grandmother's trio, is asking for a ride in Seoul, saying that they have something to see.
This rough journey is a series of incidents and barely arriving in Seoul. But Hye-jin reunites with Doo-sik in an unexpected place. 

대학동기의 결혼식에 참석하기 위해 집을 나서는 혜진.
그런데 할머니 3인방과 함께 나타난 두식이 다들 서울에 볼 일이 있다며 동승을 요구한다.
이 험난한 여정은 사건사고의 연속이고 겨우 서울에 도착하지만, 혜진은 두식과 뜻밖의 장소에서 재회하게 되는데...

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 7
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Wahhh Salt Ent is going all out with the BTS

Awww they did a special greeting for K Pop Chart - if you understand Indonesian subtitles -  it is basically a greeting for Indonesian fans 

Spoiler

Thanks @ktcjdrama... Ooo I am excited to see them go to Seoul together. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3

On 9/2/2021 at 8:46 AM, ktcjdrama said:

Ep 3 (translated by Papago, with revision)

Hyejin leaves home to attend a college-friend wedding.
However, Doo-sik, who appeared with his grandmother's trio, is asking for a ride in Seoul, saying that they have something to see.
This rough journey is a series of incidents and barely arriving in Seoul. But Hye-jin reunites with Doo-sik in an unexpected place. 

대학동기의 결혼식에 참석하기 위해 집을 나서는 혜진.
그런데 할머니 3인방과 함께 나타난 두식이 다들 서울에 볼 일이 있다며 동승을 요구한다.
이 험난한 여정은 사건사고의 연속이고 겨우 서울에 도착하지만, 혜진은 두식과 뜻밖의 장소에서 재회하게 되는데...

The machine translation is very good. Here is a slightly more accurate one, but the gist is the same.

Hye Jin who is leaving her house to go attend a college friend’s wedding.
However, the trio of grandmothers appear with Doo Shik, saying that they have some business to take care of in Seoul and asking for a ride.
This rough journey has a number of incidents and they barely make it to Seoul, however, Hye Jin meets Doo Shik again in an unexpected place…

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Translation as requested @abs-oluteM

Tweet caption:

Just move over a little.
I want to squeeze into Hye Jin’s car and ride along as well.

Watch the full version on Naver <Hometown Cha Cha Cha>

[Sat] 9 pm tvN
#HometownChaChaCha #tvN #SaturdayDrama
#ShinMinAh #KimSeonHo #LeeSangYi

DS: You startled me! You look like a different person.
HJ: Speaking of which, you, too. I haven’t asked you to do anything today.
DS: Oh! Today, there is something I have to ask you to do.
HJ: What?
DS: (motions towards the Grandmother Trio) You said you’re going to Seoul today. Let’s go together.
HJ: What?
DS: It’s just that everyone has something they have to do in Seoul. Gam Ri-sshi has to take some marinated crabs to her son who lives in Seoul. Mat Yi-shi, oh her hat is so pretty, Mat Yi-shi has to attend her late-born grandson’s first birthday. Suk Ja-ssh, well… her daughter twisted her back, so phoned her to watch her children, she said. We can all go.
HJ: Come over here for a minute.

HJ: How can you suddenly be like this?
DS: Well, you’re going to go anyway, so it’s okay, right?
(HJ puts up her hand to silence DS, but he gives her a high five instead)
DS: Let’s go!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1