Hometown ChaChaCha 갯마을 차차차 [2021]

@gilaswan hahahaha! :laugh: Yes yes Ikr, I kinda nodding my head with you + your busy days!! Arasseo

no pressure, but Idk because I'm emotionally attached to sea, or.. This kinda exceed my expectation for first 2 eps (for your option in free time huahahah)

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

2 hours ago, bairama said:

@gilaswan hahahaha! :laugh: Yes yes Ikr, I kinda nodding my head with you + your busy days!! Arasseo

no pressure, but Idk because I'm emotionally attached to sea, or.. This kinda exceed my expectation for first 2 eps (for your option in free time huahahah)

But the pic of KSH in your post... ooh... time to have a good look at this other fine man again. Hahaha... Let's see if I can catch an episode tonight!

• Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

I am only one third of episode 2 and enjoying it so much...

The way Hye Jin stopped Du Shik from leaving by stepping on his foot :laugh:

The three haelmoni commenting on her running outfit :laugh:

One thing I notice about Hye Jin is that she is rather anti-social, especially with the elderlies it seems. From ep.1 when she met the next door neighbour in the lift, she was clearly uncomfortable and politely refusing to engage further. And then in the village when she was moving in, she took the first chance to excuse herself to go inside her house when the neighbours came looking. She didn't want to strike any conversations with them. I think this will be her character's growing aspect. Wonder what made her so... and had to wonder too how she is going to make her dental practice a success if she is so reluctant to build up relationships with people. Her line of work is a service to others. She will need to get to know her patients, no? 

I want to start counting how many times Du Shik swiped up his fringe/hair. He did it so many times in ep.1 So far only once in ep.2 (one third in) :yayaya:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I want to start counting how many times Du Shik swiped up his fringe/hair. He did it so many times in ep.1 So far only once in ep.2 (one third in

I count around 7.5? Depending on if you count double swipes. 😂 One is also sort of not shown in frame.

Spoiler

Edited by Warm Paws
  • Haha 6
  • Clapping Hands 1

@ktcjdrama @Warm PawsI take it as sign that he’s self conscious? Lol! But honestly I am OCD about fringes . So I felt like cutting it off for him because he kept touching it. 

@ChocolateIRL , I would definitely choose the 1st one . The second one will hurt my eyes . But I do think it can be charming with the right combination of furniture & limited to just one room in the house 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

O gosh, I feel so bad for Hye Jin when everyone heard what she said over the PA system... she should've promptly apologised to Woo Yoon no matter how awkward it is. Thankfully DS helped to mediate among her and the villagers. They turned out to be quite easy to please actually, haha, just shove them with food/snacks. Tbh though, even I will also hesitate to eat food from a stranger's hand. How would I know what that person was touching before handling the food barehand? Much less a dentist like her, who I'm sure does put hygiene as a priority in her daily life. When she had to wear that toilet slippers too, we can tell she feels a bit icky, lol... I also love how DS practically forced her out of her house to take part in the cleaning day. 

@abs-oluteM I decide to forgive her for her shoes choice this time because it wasn't her plan to go to such challenging terrain. 

Yay, next episode we'll see her building relationship with Haelmoni. I'm sure she will soon see that HJ is really a caring person. In the first episode, HJ was so pleased with herself when the neighbour ahjumma unexpectedly called her to thank her. She is definitely awkward with adults, but not with kids. She actually initiate talking to them. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

1 hour ago, Warm Paws said:

@Chocolate @abs-oluteM I absolutely did not recognize her house after the renovation. And it's supposed to be two bedrooms right? Did they sleep in the same bed cause they don't have an extra bed yet?

He's quite a good handyman, even got open concept kitchen now. And at minimum wage! I also want to hire :laugh: Should be 2 bedrooms? In the long run, no matter how close friends, we still need our own space.

ANl6wyt.png?1

JLzUYdK.png?2

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Her clinic is so spacious... If I were her, I would probably just make it into a clinic and a home at one place...

Me too! Look at that view!

63PolzY.png?1

• Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
12 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

they describe Hyejin and Dushik relationship as 'a very strange relationship' lol

I appreciate TvN trying to be mysterious and all , and not put in a love line. Are they trying to shake my confidence that they will not be the end game or that they will have some open ending? :hug:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I just love with the people in the hometown, they are sometimes could be a little petty when they think that someone belittle them but they easily forgive once someone is sincerely apologized. 

The two kids and the haelmonies are just so funny. I enjoy their scenes. The part when they judge the way HJ dressed to Hong but he defends her that what people usually wear when for exercising. The disbelief expressions these haelmonies have are just hillarious. 

Chief Hong is HJ's daddy long legs, he helps her a lot. I wonder does he remember her?

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 4
1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Are they trying to shake my confidence that they will not be the end game or that they will have some open ending? :hug:

Hye-Jin will fulfill her lifelong dream of having her own successful dental office.... In another town?

@mademoiselle tried to compile the hair brushing for ep1, but I completely missed the second one you posted. How on earth 😄

• Haha 8

It's still early days to be sure but I am not as impressed as I hoped to be. All I can say in all honesty is that I'm watching this for the leads (especially Kim Seon-ho) who are doing a fine job of transcending a fairly ordinary script. The limitations of the script are particularly glaring as it comes hot on the heels of the wonderful Racket Boys which covers similar sorts of territory with more panache and far less awkwardness. What Racket Boys did well was to subvert our expectations of the locals and create a more congenial atmosphere from the first.

While I'm onboard with the premise of the fish out of water looking for a seachange I'm not taken by the heavy-handed execution of conflict in the attempt to drive home some fairly obvious home truths. The comparisons with Camellia are clearly inevitable but it's really counter-Camellia in how it frames the viewer's perspective around assumptions about the newcomer's behaviour/ vs small-town idiosyncrasies in terms of what community looks like. My sympathies perhaps are largely with Hye-jin as it seems to be that she's being so deliberately made to look and feel like the villain of the piece with plot coincidences/contrivances. As a result the humour doesn't quite land for me. Moreover I'm not really connecting with the characters yet (they seem more like caricatures at this point) even if I have been enjoying Du-sik's flirtations with the elderly women.

On the upside, I finally get to see smile-that-lights-up-a-Christmas-tree Kim Seon-ho up close with a leading lady that he has great chemistry with. Thankfully he's not playing second fiddle to anyone in this. It's a selling point that could cover a multitude of sins. The premise of the male lead as a jack-of-all-trades roustabout shows plenty of promise even if the pretty dentist city slicker comes to town one seems rather pedestrian. Already I get the sense that Hong Du-sik is being more than neighbourly towards Hye-jin. The childhood connection (groan)... trope alert... I can live with although it is so unnecessary. (Still I get Chocolate vibes from it) Who knows he could be on the prowl for a wife? After all as Granny says, he can do everything well except find himself a wife. A good looking strapping lad living alone on a boat on dry land with no equally attractive companion to hang off his arm seems like such a waste of romance material. Thoreau had his cabin in the woods where he penned Walden and Du-sik has his hilltop view. It's been a long time but I am reminded of what Thoreau famously wrote in Walden. "The mass of man lead lives of quiet desperation." Perhaps there's something autobiographical in that for Du-sik for whom Walden appears to be a sacred text by which he lives.

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 5

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Why did Halmoni-deul all became quiet and stare at Doo Shik when he said the sports attire Hye Jin wear is the trend, others wear it too? Were they finding it weird that he's siding her or they thought he was looking at some naughty sites hence he knows?

I'm terrified of broken waterworks when Doo Shik's backstory with Haraboji is revealed. I'm already teary eyes in the epilogue, knowing Doo Shik was raised by Haraboji (and Halmoni obviously helped too especially after Haraboji's passing). *I'm soft at heart for stuff like this! But, I will not shy away from a good story and a good cry.

I feel for Hye Jin. Although I understand from the villagers' perspective but I also understand Hye Jin's pet peeves. I feel exactly out of place too when I visited our distant relatives. It is just very different in the village/foreign country. It's not easy getting used to their ways so it is normal to encounter some friction. Soon I'm sure Hye Jin will adapt, and vice versa. I love that Doo Shik looks out for her but also makes sure he lets her know the problems. He doesn't sugar coat or spoil her just because he likes her.

I'm no coffee expert but can I point out that the drip coffee isn't going to taste good when left for too long so it's impractical for Doo Shik to keep making it when there's no customers. LOL. It's going to taste super sour. I had to listen to coffee talks once and the shop owner made dripped coffee for us and that's what he told us, that the coffee's taste changes with the temperature.

@Alice Wonderland I love that when he asked if Hye Jin is relying on him, he smirks a little. Tsk tsk. He's so happy about it xD

@Warm Paws Are you doing a brushing hair compilation? How many times did he do it in ep2? Hahahaha

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Clapping Hands 2
1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

After all as Granny says, he can do everything well except find himself a wife. A good looking strapping lad living alone on a boat on dry land with no equally attractive companion to hang off his arm seems like such a waste of romance material.

No worries they won't waste the chance here, we're close. They're on their path to fall in love! 😁

And I just love how these granny felt betrayed whever Chief Hong takes HJ's side. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

So I just watched both eps.....I dunnoe....it feels weird and awkward with a splash of cringe so far.

Feels like its gonna be a city life gal moving to the sea/country life town, start from the bottom and make it to the top. When i mean make it to the top i mean, smooth running business, finding love and winning the towns people over.

DuSik is weird, like hella weird.

Legit does EVERYTHING in town with his 15 certified credentials, but still has time to go fishing....LOL.

Towns people are a bit odd and old fashioned too. Guess we will see the adjustment transition in the coming episodes.

Ill give it another 2 more eps next week and see if I can reel myself in or run away....back to Seoul in my high rise apartment in my 9-5 job...LOL...nah seriously though, ill give another 2 eps a go to see how i feel.

• Haha 11

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

1 hour ago, TRaNz said:

DuSik is weird, like hella weird.

Legit does EVERYTHING in town with his 15 certified credentials, but still has time to go fishing....LOL.

He reminds me of a male lead in Hello, It's Me, where Kim Young Kwang character also boosting to the girl he has a lot of working lisences. 😆

I'm enjoying this so far, I see they also consist of lots common tropes and quite predictable here, but I just feel glad watching them here. 

The story flow well and the characters are quite interesting to me. I 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Started this one yesterday and I like it so far. Kim Seun-ho is adorable! I wonder what led to him being a "jack of all trades". A part of me suspects that it as born out of his desire to help the people in the village, like he's had to learn to be everything to everyone so-to-speak. The reason I think this is because despite the job he is doing for someone, he always only charges minimum wage and refuses a raise. I think he's just mr. nice guy. 

I am curious to find out wha the story is behind the suit that he seems to be hanging on to.

I thought the epilogues for eps 1 and 2 were cute. I wonder if Du-Sik remembers her as the little girl from the beach. He appears to find her attractive though.

And I must say I'm pretty impressed with the "renovations" he's made to both her home and new dental office. It's cute how much he's trying to help her.

I can't help but compare this to Camellia in some ways.. the outsider who struggles to fit in in the beginning but eventually learns to love and appreciate the town and the people and vice versa. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump