Havenites Dabang

1 hour ago, JenL said:

I think my worst (but ended up being my best birthday): I had a huge argument with someone and bought a plane ticket and left the country on the same day. Yeah, yeah, I was super irresponsible and Super Extra :laugh: Ended up seeing a concert and hanging out in another country by myself for 5 days. It was great. Came back, patched things up.

Probably don't learn from me though. I'm not a good role model :idk:

@JenL - LOL,  your approach is super daring.

Glad you patched things up.

However, if you were to recall back your hastiness at that time, aren't you afraid or something were to happen to you

when you landed in that country.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Btw anyone using the Samsung Flip Galaxy? Good? My phone screen cracked lols... cos I keep dropping it to floor... 

Although I've seen and played with a live demo unit a bit, don't know any who've actually bought it. Maybe coz the touchscreen flip phone combo is still quite new?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

Thanks @ssteph . At first I felt like it was a :Sin:to ogle at a high schooler abs . Thankfully I checked that JBG is 24 & of legal age for me to be looking at his 6pack. All those action scenes on The Uncanny Counter  has done wonders for him :MewGiggle:

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

22 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I didn't know I could write to get off from it at the time. It was $125 so still a substantial amount for going over only 7 km/hr! I haven't gotten one since. Touch wood. But if I get it again I'll definitely argue and tell them to show me proof. :P

Aww, yeah fines are intimidating. I think I worded my comment weirdly...I meant that you only went a small amount over the limit, so it seems unfair to be fined :letalQQ: Haha, can't say it's the same everywhere, but you can definitely write to dispute a speeding fine here. You get let off with a warning the first time especially if it was only a little over the limit

22 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Woah. I've only entertained such idea but never executed it - and it was just staying at a hotel rather than leaving the country, LMAO. You're on another level, Jen. Hahahaha. Respect. Did you fly to Japan? Hahaha. Spontaneous is required for this and I wouldn't be able to do it now that I am working. In that 5 days did you answer the call from that person? Or that person doesn't even know you were out of the country?

Hahaha....I'm on another level of recklessness :laugh::laugh::laugh: I see there's some curiosity :laugh:

I flew to Taiwan. I would have loved to go to Japan. But Taiwan is quite similar and easier for me to get by without a language block. At the time, my job was flexible so I could be quite spontaneous. Nah, no one knew I left at the time except maybe like 2 friends or something. I guess I didn't want a big deal made about it :idk:

21 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Unless she wanted roaming charges, I'm betting @JenLdidn't really use her phone for 5 days. About the other person, let's see...found out where she is when she updated her soc med,  hahaha! 

Hahaha, nope didn't not use my phone for 5 days, just wi-fi at the place I stayed. And no social media because wasn't doing it as a flex. Just wanted to be alone and have a good birthday :heiboi:

21 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Depends on how long ago was this. These days, people can get to us via online messaging apps through Wi-Fi. So unless Jen off her mobile, don't use any of these apps, or switch sim card she's contactable.

Nah, couldn't be bothered switching sim cards... :idk:

21 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Hahaha, eeyup! Which year was this @JenL

A few years ago now when I was more daring...or just going through a rough time! :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

You’re so brave @JenL
———-

okay folks pls do join us for the Christmas sing-along or karaoke as per the announcement. Just join the karaoke voice channel 

Details as posted by @stroppyse

Songs of the Season Karaoke/Sing-a-long this Sunday!

Saturday, December 19/Sunday December 20. 
10 pm EST (Saturday)/ 7 PM PST (Saturday)/ Noon KST (Sunday) 

Come one, come all for a festive seasonal round of belting out the songs of the season! 

You just haven't heard "All I Want for Christmas Is You" enough times this year, have you? Actually, given the stay at home orders that so many of us have had to endure, you probably have not gotten your usual fill of seasonal music that is piped into all the shops.  Well, this Saturday/Sunday, you will get a chance to sing those songs! And, if you have some songs that you like to sing, but aren't necessarily Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanzaa/Winter Solstice related, that's okay. We can always start a new tradition!

Also Stroppyse says that a secret donor will be donating US$5 to https://www.msf.org/

for every person that joins us. So come hv fun ! 

• Like 3
  • Party! 4

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

4 minutes ago, im0202 said:

@abs-oluteM Won't be able to join the K session as I'm on a staycation this weekend. But hope y'all have a blast! :Party01:

@SilverMoonTea Ya time to get yourself a Xmas present lah! :pandaletsgo:

No worries. Next time ! Have a good vacation 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Guys, you've to check out Sweet Home. It's so good that I've to not only rave but sell to all. I'm selling this to the chicken/scaredy cats too because it's too good to miss the thrills. Just watch it during day time if you're scared. Other than the scary bits (which isn't that scary to me), it has its humourous and touching/tear jerking moments too. The suspense is 👍🏻

I'd have binged through this but it's so good that I forced myself to stop at episode 6 because I don't want it to end so quickly.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Shocked 1
4 hours ago, JenL said:

Aww, yeah fines are intimidating. I think I worded my comment weirdly...I meant that you only went a small amount over the limit, so it seems unfair to be fined. Haha, can't say it's the same everywhere, but you can definitely write to dispute a speeding fine here. You get let off with a warning the first time especially if it was only a little over the limit

Yeah I felt "o-gu-rae" (can't spell it properly in Korean) too when I saw I got booked for such a small amount over the limit. There were so many speeders that went beyond this limit and they didn't catch. Plus of all times the letter can come to me, why must it be on my special day was what I was thinking at the time. LOL. What an unforgettable birthday.

4 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha....I'm on another level of recklessness.

I don't know if it's considered recklessness. Perhaps to the other party who could be worried sick for you. However I imagined you must felt you were cornered or you wanted to focus on your happiness that you decided to do this "for yourself" at the time. So bravo to that. Going to TW alone is daring, consider TW is less safe than Japan. Did you really go to see Jasper's concert? Hahaha.

• Like 4

Ooh I've been away for days and dark mode is back! Thank you developers!

@abs-oluteM won't make any promises but if I can I'll drop by for a little bit for tomorrow's karaoke

@im0202 Wish you have a good vacation~

@SilverMoonTeaYou have Samsung Flip? Whoa, do you buy it because of K-drama advertisement ? xD

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

4 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

No i dont have haha... thinking to change but not sure.. anyway still can survive with this crack hp... just a bit annoying lols

I am actually quite attracted by the Samsung Flip. I definitely blame K-dramas but my first phone was a flip style too so it's kind of nostalgic. But everything I use is Apple so....:idk:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

19 minutes ago, Jane said:

I am actually quite attracted by the Samsung Flip. I definitely blame K-dramas but my first phone was a flip style too so it's kind of nostalgic. But everything I use is Apple so....:idk:

Ikr, I also miss samsung flip that I owned back then in university. It also got LED light indicator and with silver color body.

Back then handphones were more exciting the model. Nowadays nah... haha... just a necessity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

8 hours ago, Jane said:

I agreed! The blatant advertisement in Nine Tailed with that phone made me wonder if I should have upgraded to it. Haha! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3