Havenites Dabang

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

A bit tiring, but okay. 😊 One more week of online schooling, then one will go to a week of face-to-face classes, while the other stays home for another week. That is, if f2f classes finally starts on the 27th. 

Do your kids adapt well to online schooling? It was tough for me . My son was everywhere except in front of the pc . He turned off the video despite the teacher asking them to turn it on  . I had to practically sit in with him. I was actually Glad they went bAck to F2F classes. Here the kids wear Mask & hv to sit apart , which is good. What sort of protocols are they making compulsory ? 

• Like 8

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

31 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Do your kids adapt well to online schooling? It was tough for me . My son was everywhere except in front of the pc . He turned off the video despite the teacher asking them to turn it on  . I had to practically sit in with him. I was actually Glad they went bAck to F2F classes. Here the kids wear Mask & hv to sit apart , which is good. What sort of protocols are they making compulsory ? 

After being locked down that they barely saw the other side of the door, they looked forward to any other kind of activities. They get to chat with their classmates and friends, so they were happy to sit for their online classes. 

There were some hiccups too, particularly the past three weeks when instead of continuing classes through MS teams, they shifted to Zoom. Normally I don't rant, but rant I did for some mornings because of network/connection issues that weren't there before. Then mid last week it's back again to MS teams, which was more stable in the first place... Sigh...

For f2f, they've to wear masks, and class size is max 15 per room. They've to keep spare masks with them and change to new one after breaks. During snacks, face shield is advised to be worn. From the bus or gate, the kids' temperature will be checked. They've to wear gloves too. COVID tests are also done to check that f2f schoolers and staff are negative. 

I've been telling them ahead that when they go back to school, they can't sit together with their classmates anymore. They were taken out a few times to get used wearing masks and gloves for some hours.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

🥳🥳🥳 New theme of the week! 🥳🥳🥳

Show off your biases' talents. Share with us what we may not know like katakwasabi did with SSR.

@abs-oluteMReady for promotion.

NOTE: This time we have included female talents so the boys and those who got a girl crush/bias also can participate.

See you guys there

@abnoch

@TRaNz

@Soju

@CamelKnight

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 4
7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

COVID tests are also done to check that f2f schoolers and staff are negative. 

How often do they do this? Does it get repeated?

ooo @MMM8P that's fantastic. So what do you have to do to secure votes ? Do you have to campaign for it? 

Thanks @mademoisellesia.... @SilverMoonTea @Darkarcana @wallflowersforjane @im0202 @JenL ...think you guys watch a lot of variety ..ahahaha surely you have lots of talented oppa :D 

• Like 9
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

12 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

ooo @MMM8P that's fantastic. So what do you have to do to secure votes ? Do you have to campaign for it? 

well actually my the teachers pick who gets on the council and who doesnt based on a power point presentation using google slides. :D

Edited by MMM8P
typo
  • Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 1

mirmz out

*insert mic drop*

Explosion Mic Drop GIF by P.O.S. - Find & Share on GIPHY

ttyl people <3

10 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Hahahahahahaha. To be honest, after taking care of his other forum thread for nearly 2 years, it felt lonely because I was the only one there. I kinda feel like Jo Geun Woo in this gif 🤣🤣🤣🤣yoB9BP.gif

waiittt, is this from Trot lovers? :smile:

weekend is here....cannot wait to.....continue to spend it infront of the computer.....wow....LOL

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

How often do they do this? Does it get repeated?

They did the other week, supposedly for Sep13 f2f. I don't know yet if there'll have to do another test this week before Sep27. The procedure in place as of now though for students is that if they display any symptoms like 37.5C body temp, they'll be isolated and will have to do the test. If the test is negative and there is a clinical assessment of a probable case, 14 day quarantine must be completed. If negative and there is no clinical assessment of a probable case, the child can resume coming to classes so long that they aren't displaying symptoms.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

spacer.png

9 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

They did the other week, supposedly for Sep13 f2f. I don't know yet if there'll have to do another test this week before Sep27. The procedure in place as of now though for students is that if they display any symptoms like 37.5C body temp, they'll be isolated and will have to do the test. If the test is negative and there is a clinical assessment of a probable case, 14 day quarantine must be completed. If negative and there is no clinical assessment of a probable case, the child can resume coming to classes so long that they aren't displaying symptoms.

Did it hurt? As in did your kids complain? My hubs had to do one a few months ago - he had to go to the hospital for some procedure . He was negative but he did say it hurt or was uncomfortable.

Hi @MMM8P ...so have you decided what you're gonna put in your PP slides? I am amazed that you have to "market" yourself in that way. That is a fantastic way to learn life skills when you're in school :D

----------------

SO I just picked up Lies of Lies . Very good polished melodrama.  

@SilverMoonTea @mademoisellesia I finally open my LJH thread...:wow:

Lol ...was looking at our reputation levels & realised probably the only actual student here is  @MMM8P . Unless oppa studying is counted 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Oh yes dear @Darkarcana you're still a student ....but I think of you as a working adult since you're interning now...ahahaha...

----------------

By the way , before I promote this online to other folks , let  @bluepebbles know if you'll be interested to take over the 1st thread of these dramas / actors

https://discord.com/channels/734844185118507040/744387629809664012/744392231397359667

1. Do You Like Brahms?

2. Record of Youth 청춘기록

3. Oh! Samgwang Villa 오!삼광빌라

k-artists 1. Jung Kyung Ho 정경호

2.Yoo Yeon Seok 유연석

3. Ha Ji Won 전해림

4. Jun Ji Hyun 전지현

5. Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - reserved

6. Jeon Mi Do 전미도 - reserved

7. Kim Hee Sun 김희선

8. Lee Jong Suk

@stroppyse even Park Bo Gum too or are you planning to keep it?

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

@abs-oluteM 👏🏻

I was going to ask you when I saw you posted about him at the Talented thread. And voila, you've opened one! I was going to wait till you finished building before posting (in case you need more space).

Anyway everyone, please join us in introducing your Oppa/Unni's talents. Non-Asians/Westerns are also welcome!

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 3
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Did it hurt? As in did your kids complain? My hubs had to do one a few months ago - he had to go to the hospital for some procedure . He was negative but he did say it hurt or was uncomfortable.

When I asked, they said it felt itchy and stung a little. They both said it was ok. Neither did I see signs of crying or struggling.

Uhm, I guess they were stunned too. LOL. Parents after dropping the kids for their scheduled swabbing were in the waiting area. The kids went through their swabbing on their own. No mum or dad with them might have made them more docile, hahaha! They were done in less than 20min.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 1

spacer.png

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Hi @MMM8P ...so have you decided what you're gonna put in your PP slides? I am amazed that you have to "market" yourself in that way. That is a fantastic way to learn life skills when you're in school :D

hi @abs-oluteM! and ya it's gonna be a fun experience being on student council, or at least that's the hope!

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

mirmz out

*insert mic drop*

Explosion Mic Drop GIF by P.O.S. - Find & Share on GIPHY

ttyl people <3