Havenites Dabang

12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

<--- Don't I look gorgeous :laugh:

One more day & you are free :yoongibtscheer:

12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

By the way I look at your profile pic and @mademoiselle 's and then I look at mine .....:shocked:

Hahaha, I also look good, no? :smug:

*Flex, flex*

11 hours ago, Jane said:

You are really in every thread like @stroppyse says. How do you do it! 

I know! She's Everywhere! (In a good way tho)

11 hours ago, Jane said:

What you watching now, Jen? I totally understand the shopping after work thing too! But ugh the malls are even more crowded this year because no one can go anywhere.

Hahaha, so many shows all the time! I think it's to make me not think about the fact we can't travel at the moment. And you're right! All malls are packed :letalQQ: Haha escapism through dramas is the key!!

I'm currently finishing 18 Again...On Episode 12!!

Starting: (Since these are all first episodes, don't know if I'll watch the whole series or drop anything along the way)

- True Beauty - I read the webtoon coz pretty art style. Also can't resist high school romance- comedy and all the actors look cute!

- The Uncanny Counter - Thought I might need something to wash out my palate with romances (I technically don't watch a lot of romances outside of Kdrama/Tdrama/ English period dramas...but as that's all I've been watching lately, I've been watching a lot of romances. And I've been highly invested in at least half those romances, so this might be a break! XD)

- Birthcare Centre - It looks like a silly comedy. Missed it while it aired, but it's only 8 episodes so should be a faster watch. And I looooove the actor Yoon Park, but didn't watch Search, so thought I'd give this one a shot.

Continuing: 

- The Devil Punisher - My one episode a week Taiwanese drama which is relaxing. I like the pairing/ story, but not super invested, so I can chuck it on and do stuff while watching :heart:

Forgot I wanted to ask, what are you watching @Jane? Anything interesting or are you taking a drama break at the moment? :BulbaOWO:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@MayanEcho Oshin, wah I'm still very small when it's airing in my country. I just remember that bigbun hairstyle, and Oshin seems quite pitiful all the time... 🙃😅

I have not been in Jdrama territory for a while too. It's just recently Kdrama not that interesting to me, felt they need to come up with something new. Or it's just that I have watched tons of Kdrama and got a bit tired of it haha... 

One thing about Jdrama, their romance progress quite slow. Sometimes just holding hands already make me screaming haha... I enjoyed slow burn romance.. so... I also think their conversation quite meaningful too. 

The cons, J drama is so short, some only 7 - 10 eps. And the subbing often slow & non existent haha. And the news about Jdrama so hard to get. Hence, need some detective skills paired up with google translation. Wish we have Japanese speaking fellow come to Janghaven? Haha... 

@JenL Slot in my Jdrama hedgehog too! Haha.... 🦔🦔♥️🦔🦔

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

3 hours ago, JenL said:

Forgot I wanted to ask, what are you watching @Jane? Anything interesting or are you taking a drama break at the moment?

Nothing interesting...I am feeling a strange inertia to complete Start Up and More Than Friends. :PikaRIP: But I have been watching 3 Meals A Day: Fishing Village 5 (Ep 10) and 2D1N for the laughs.

Birthcare Centre is a comedy? I thought it was a serious type of drama. I saw some hype around it and that its only 8 eps pigued my interest. I am probably going back to watch dramas that have finished airing. I can't keep up with the live schedule. So I say as I plan to check out Run On.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

@SilverMoonTea I remember the snow in Oshin, and how poor they were. I was very small too that time when I watched some episodes of it because it airs after evening news. It was dubbed in the local lingo. 🙂

I'm the binge type watcher, so if my free time is short, I'd rather read than watch. I recently finished reading the annotated version of a favourite novel...Will read again, this time for critiquing and for any mistakes/typos spotted.

57 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

One thing about Jdrama, their romance progress quite slow. Sometimes just holding hands already make me screaming haha... I enjoyed slow burn romance.. so... I also think their conversation quite meaningful too. 

Gosh, same here. I can not seriously watch rels that are going way too fast! 

The bulk of my to watch list are Cdramas, and one Kdrama...Sky Castle is waving at me since I was given a copy of all its eps. 😄 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

More than Friends also hung up for me. I haven't complete the 15-16. I felt like I just don't bother anymore to find out what's going on with the main lead silly couple :laugh:@Jane

I have not even watched episode 13 and 14 yet. You are much further along than me. @mademoiselle did you finish it yet? 

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

The bulk of my to watch list are Cdramas

Agreed. A bunch on my list has been C-Dramas and I prefer binging on a drama too. :smile:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

More than Friends also hung up for me. I haven't complete the 15-16. I felt like I just don't bother anymore to find out what's going on with the main lead silly couple :laugh:@Jane

But you are almost done! Just keep it on in the background! I want to watch at least for the secondary couples. Haha! How did Lawyer Girl like Chef Guy (I can't even remember their names at this point). @Tofu I still at Ep 8 (I thinkkk).

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

@SilverMoonTea I paused in ep 8 long time ago and just recently jumped to ep 16 directly. Ffd to the last 30 mins. It all sum up here. No need to backtrack previous ep. Just watching the final. It's all sweet and fun seeing the ending. So you save your time this way. I find it pretty boring since the three are involved in a serious annoying triangle love. And actually Soo's character isn't that lovable in my eyes since beginning. He's handsome but so obnoxiously annoying. And the clingy second lead is more and more annoying too. So meeh. 

Now, as SU ended. I started Samgwang Villa. Will try Jdrama you've recommended, TB, CMIYC and resume Professional Single. Oh guys watch this one!! If you like that friend turned lover theme drama. MTF is disappointing. But this PS isnt. Trust me. It is superb! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
6 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The cons, J drama is so short, some only 7 - 10 eps. And the subbing often slow & non existent haha. And the news about Jdrama so hard to get. Hence, need some detective skills paired up with google translation. Wish we have Japanese speaking fellow come to Janghaven? Haha... 

@JenL Slot in my Jdrama hedgehog too! Haha.... 🦔🦔♥️🦔🦔

Haha, I will try! I do like cute pets :heart: And you know I love slow-burn, tortured unspoken love as well  :wow: :laugh:

I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with J-dramas. I think I really like them when I watch them. From memory, I really enjoyed Good Morning Call and Happy Marriage etc, etc (Hahaha, I think those were all 2016 shows...has it been 4 years since I watched a Jdrama?! :thinking:) They're good at slow burn...something the burn is reallllly slow  :lenny:  I think my main con is that the acting is sometimes a bit stiff. Like they really try to act like manga/anime characters and it seems a bit unnatural. Also culturally, I guess there's a high level of politeness and sometimes I just want to see them be a bit more candid.

5 hours ago, Jane said:

Nothing interesting...I am feeling a strange inertia to complete Start Up and More Than Friends. :PikaRIP: But I have been watching 3 Meals A Day: Fishing Village 5 (Ep 10) and 2D1N for the laughs.

Hahaha, I think sometimes it's harder to finish once you've stopped and lost momentum, especially if it's not live anymore and there's less talk/ promo/spoilers prompting you to watch :thinking: Also, maybe some fans having falling outs with those shows put you off...I liked the ending for Start Up but I think a lot of HJP fans had huge fall-outs. 

Ooooh variety is always fun though. How is 2D1N? I'm curious because it looks fun and would like to see KSH outside of HJP! :CharmanderYay:

5 hours ago, Jane said:

Birthcare Centre is a comedy? I thought it was a serious type of drama. I saw some hype around it and that its only 8 eps pigued my interest. I am probably going back to watch dramas that have finished airing. I can't keep up with the live schedule. 

I think so...I saw a very silly looking trailer about protecting the baby, but it made me laugh...I'll report back and let you know what it ends up being! :MewWave: And dramas that have finished = fair enough! It is pretty intense! I think it was good during quarantine and I have fun now that I've gotten back into watching live...but I know I'll need a drama break at some point. Probably when life gets back to normal next year! 

5 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@Alice Wonderland you were so right about MTF lols...

Haha I sensed the doom early too! I dropped after Episode 2  :laugh:

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

LOL @JenL I did tell you elsewhere you are just as handsome as me 

I like that I get complimented with this face. Granted, it's KSH's face, but still the compliments go to meeeee :smug:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

24 minutes ago, JenL said:

Haha, I will try! I do like cute pets :heart: And you know I love slow-burn, tortured unspoken love as well  :wow: :laugh:

Hahaha I have been talking to myself alone nonstop, so I really looking forward to you guys to join me discuss the Jdrama in the thread :wow2:

@im0202 @Jane @NiteWalker too.. lols.. Sorry I think I need to tone down my excitement a bit :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

53 minutes ago, JenL said:

Also, maybe some fans having falling outs with those shows put you off...I liked the ending for Start Up but I think a lot of HJP fans had huge fall-outs. 

THIS! Alright, I just snuck in Ep 15 during lunch. So I may be done with it by tomorrow! Tonight shall be reserved for Hospital Playlist spazzing and spiraling because we get a new special ep! 

2D1N is excellent! It's really funny and the cast has very good chemistry with one another. I highly recommend. You can try out short clips on KBS' youtube page to get a feel with it.

I have some vacation days coming up so started a completed drama makes it easier to binge. Let's see what mood I will be when I get there. :laugh:

28 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Hahaha I have been talking to myself alone nonstop, so I really looking forward to you guys to join me discuss the Jdrama in the thread :wow2:

@im0202 @Jane @NiteWalker too.. lols.. Sorry I think I need to tone down my excitement a bit :laugh:

Once I finish Start Up, I will come find you and try out Ep 1. I am very easily peer pressured and you are wearing me down. Heehee! Where can I watch it? DC?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I think I am experiencing burnt out from watching way too many dramas for the past 4-6 months. Now I'm losing motivation to soldier on and try/pick up the new ones... :680695677_HalloweenChampion2020:

Hahaha you need a drama break! I barely watched anything last year so it's been nice getting addicted again this year :laugh: But I'll probably need a break again next year!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Jane said:

But you are almost done! Just keep it on in the background! I want to watch at least for the secondary couples. Haha! How did Lawyer Girl like Chef Guy (I can't even remember their names at this point). @Tofu I still at Ep 8 (I thinkkk).

Hahaha! I don't even remember what happened in episode 8 because it has been so long. Chef Guy is Sang Hyuk but I can't remember lawyer girl's name. I really should try to finish it but no motivation. Haha!

10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu Yeah I finished. Good riddance. Could not be bothered to write my final thought. LOL. I would say Moment of 18 / At 18 was SO MUCH better and worth the watch. Poor Soo.  

Maybe his next project will be better? I don't know. Maybe he should have just kept the darn earring on the entire drama. Once that came off, it was all downhill. Haha!!

9 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Now, as SU ended. I started Samgwang Villa. Will try Jdrama you've recommended, TB, CMIYC and resume Professional Single. Oh guys watch this one!! If you like that friend turned lover theme drama. MTF is disappointing. But this PS isnt. Trust me. It is superb! 

I'm so happy that we all shared the same thoughts about MTF. I'm on episode one of PS -- watching it slowly. @NiteWalker has recommended it a few times now. At some point I will get to Ruyi too. 

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I think I am experiencing burnt out from watching way too many dramas for the past 4-6 months. Now I'm losing motivation to soldier on and try/pick up the new ones... :680695677_HalloweenChampion2020:

Same here!! I usually watch maybe two airing dramas at the same time, three a most. Lately I was watching four which just exhausted me a bit. Now I'm technically watching two airing dramas, but is focus on one of them. The second one I just watch whenever. I'm trying to not pick up another airing one until I know if Legend of Fei is an airing drama or will be released all in one go. I have binged a couple of completed dramas though. I love being able to skip around. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
13 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I'm so happy that we all shared the same thoughts about MTF. I'm on episode one of PS -- watching it slowly. @NiteWalker has recommended it a few times now. At some point I will get to Ruyi too. 

Ohoo.. nice!! No worries. I'm watching slowly as well. Still in ep 17. Not moving anywhere yet. Play a few minutes of ep 18 but got interrupted with some stuffs. So I better keep it for later. Once I resume it, I'll get it done in no time. 

As ruyi, I like the show becuz of SuJin and the second lead pairing is just cute like the main couple as well. But somehow when reaching ep 24 I got lazy. Lol. No idea why. Maybe later when that mood comes back at me. The cheesy part honestly too much and you'll see that without airplane in that time you still can fly up the sky high. Hahaha.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2