Havenites Dabang

11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Dhakra what brand of vaccine will you be getting? 

I was able to choose between them and I will be getting Biontech. 

Also got my second appointment with the first, so first one will be this Thursday, second one Mid August. 

11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

This is nuts! 

Oh you have no idea. It's almost a political war here between the UEFA (who organizes the European Championship) and almost every european government. Not to mention all the shady friends the UEFA supports aswell to attend these games.

The UEFA asks the governments to loosen (and with that I mean ignore) the covid formalities for their VIP guests, asks to ignore covid standards so more people can get into stadiums and every measure that targets UEFA's friends (like Munchen's attempt to let the stadium shine in rainbow colors) will be shut down immediately. 

Not to mention the scandal that was in place after Eriksen collabs in the first game, who was just dead for a few seconds, and the UEFA's solution that they need to finish the game just an hour afterwards. 

The show must go on. Here in Europe there is a lot of critisim about the Championship. But hey, tonight the whole world will see a stadium full of people, while more and more countries in Europe go back into lockdown and Germany marks more and more european countries as dangerous again. 

11 hours ago, TRaNz said:

Our state alone did 4 full hard lockdowns., Other states in Australia have either done 1 or 2 at most. But our state is just the best with the most hard lockdowns....(sarcasm) hahaha. Gov seem serious about lockdowns and trying to reduce drastically and stamp out the outbreak as soon as a few cases are picked up several days in a row.

Wow, that seems tough. Our state only did two full lockdowns aswell so far, but with half of the population here vaccined, it looks like we won't have one anytime soon, unless the delta variant gets out of hand. In that case, the wheel spins again from the start and everything goes back to 0. 

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 3
2 hours ago, TRaNz said:

So anywayyyy, last night, one of the desserts I ordered was interesting....when it came out i thought it was dry noodles. LOL.

What is this ? looks unique...

47 minutes ago, Dhakra said:
12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Dhakra what brand of vaccine will you be getting? 

I was able to choose between them and I will be getting Biontech. 

Also got my second appointment with the first, so first one will be this Thursday, second one Mid August. 

That's great. At least you get a choice. For us we take what ever is assigned to us. Sadly there is vaccine inequity around the world. Sorry to say that many less developed nations are suffering as a result. 

• Like 1
  • Tasty 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

21 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

What is this ? looks unique...

It was called Mont-blanc Chestnut, mascarpone cream, mandarin

and yeah it was just mascarpone cream with a different way for being presented but somehow looked like noodles to me. LOL

• Haha 2

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

Gosh my provider wont let mee see the pict from hosting images unless I use vpn :((

3 hours ago, TRaNz said:

Aiiiiigggoooooooo AHJAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

its okkkk dont worry hahahaha.

AHHHAHAHAHAHAH master should I warming up the car everyday when its not used at all?? I'm afraid the everyday is a scam, if it is just require one per week then gooodddd, just like my hope! HHHAHA

• Haha 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

3 minutes ago, bairama said:

Gosh my provider wont let mee see the pict from hosting images unless I use vpn :((

AHHHAHAHAHAHAH master should I warming up the car everyday when its not used at all?? I'm afraid the everyday is a scam, if it is just require one per week then gooodddd, just like my hope! HHHAHA

Once a week is fine. I do that all the time. :SquirtleSquadCool:

My car isnt driven as often as people think. like once a week is all it gets used.

I went thru heaps of periods where all i did was start it up once a week for 10 minutes move it down the driveway like 5 meters and then back in again and off. LOL. My car is like a garage queen. barely gets let out.

Oh im surprised you cant view the picture....hmm thats weird....WELP, I guess you miss out on the dessert picture then. hehehehehe

• Haha 2

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

That's great. At least you get a choice. For us we take what ever is assigned to us. Sadly there is vaccine inequity around the world. Sorry to say that many less developed nations are suffering as a result.

So you weren't able to choose? Which one did you get? Did you had a lot of side effects?

Ahhh where is my doc @bedifferent when I need her. Do you know if she is around here somewhere? Well, I guess I need to ask my sister kokodus then. I know she already got vaccined twice. 

Yeah, it's really bad that some areas of the world suffer way more than others. I heard in India, Africa and other countries vaccine is really short.  Germany already began to ship out remaining AstraZeneca vaccines to Africa, Biontech is used here the most and by now everyone can get an injection.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Dhakra said:

So you weren't able to choose? Which one did you get? Did you had a lot of side effects?

I had Astra Zeneca. I did not have any side effects except for a sore arm for a day. But I was fine after that. 

I think @Bee  is bedifferent ...this was her name on discord. But I am not sure if it is the same person. I spoke to her on discord last year . 

Oh yes that was a good point  about warming up the car @TRaNz@bairama . I also wonder if I should do the same. I barely go anywhere. So this morning I just drove my car aimlessly around my neighborhood for 10 minutes . I was under the impression that the new type of batteries (the maintenance free sort)  don't need that kind of warming up..

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

22 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh yes that was a good point  about warming up the car @TRaNz@bairama . I also wonder if I should do the same. I barely go anywhere. So this morning I just drove my car aimlessly around my neighborhood for 10 minutes . I was under the impression that the new type of batteries (the maintenance free sort)  don't need that kind of warming up..

Yeah the starting up the car is to get the fluids running though out the car so it keeps it in check. (engine oil, fuel, brake fluid etc)

The battery is something that will deteriorate if not used enough. Driving it helps charges the battery, but having the car just on and not moving wont do much for the battery. All batteries are the same in the sense that they will hold less charge over time. Its normal.

But yeah you doing good with small drives like that. :SquirtleSquadCool:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Awesome 1

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I had Astra Zeneca. I did not have any side effects except for a sore arm for a day. But I was fine after that. 

I think @Bee  is bedifferent ...this was her name on discord. But I am not sure if it is the same person. I spoke to her on discord last year . 

I'm actually scared of AstraZeneca, because I heard all kind of horrible stories. So I was kinda glad that I was able to choose. I expect pain in the arm aswell, but I hope that#s it. 

Oh good to know, I need to keep her in mind. @Beewas my go-to option about every kind of disease or medical advice. Glad she found her way here aswell. 

But I talked with lil sis koko about covid and I think I don't need to be worried. But I guess she has a very hard time in india with covid. I'm glad I'm able to talk to her again. 

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 3

@mademoiselle yeah the 10 day streak or whateva it was of no local cases was short lived again. Well im going to quickly get myself booked in next week to Hazel before things (may or may not) spiral out of control. hahaha

I actually wear my fabric black mask most of the time when walking around in public....keeps my face warm. hehe

• Like 3

@TRaNz LOL. Going out in public with face mask (coz I don't wander out often & the air is fresh outdoors) isn't as bad as wearing it all the time indoor (at work/at my desk!). That's my biggest gripe. I can't hear some people properly and vice versa.

I've got a dinner booked in end of July. Pleaseee let me have my good food :PiplupCry:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@TRaNz Yeah the no face mask indoor was lifted just less than 2 weeks if I'm not mistaken.

Imma going Hell of the North. I wanted to change to Society Restaurant as it's opening on 22 July and was opened for reservation yesterday. But I was 7 hours too late to see my email and all the weekend dinner slots are booked out for the next one month :JigglyAngry: (and we can only reserve a month in advance).

• Like 2
  • Tasty 1

@mademoiselle omo omo omo, Hell of the North, yes I heard of and it looks exquisite..but I wont lie...the only reason why I havent gone is bcoz that area Fitzroy...i dunno where to park my lovely car. LOL. its all limited and small tight street parking with the WORST  terrain roads. hahaha.

I will have to rely on you to tease me on how amazing that place is. :laugh:

Society Rest. looks incredibleeee....yaa daeebaakkkk.

Another one added to the list. Might try sneak that one in on a weeknite since its new, weekends be super hard to book.

Had a look at their booking calendar.fair effort with most already being booked out. cheeeeeeeeee

Made - Moi - Sell - E (yes i say it like that just for you).

You find all the extravagant places. I thank you for it. hehehehehe :SquirtleNiceAhah::SquirtleWonderfull:

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

the only reason why I havent gone is bcoz that area Fitzroy...i dunno where to park my lovely car. LOL. its all limited and small tight street parking with the WORST  terrain roads. hahaha.

OMG you're scaring me now. I'm not familiar with Fitzroy at all. It's dinner I'm assuming there should be plenty of car spaces by then...? Maybe wishful thinking if that area is like Chapel street. > <"

8 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

Society Rest. looks incredibleeee....yaa daeebaakkkk.

It's much bigger than his previous resto. Been waiting for it to open since I tasted the chef's degustation menu in Sydney. But I don't care about the size I just want the same good food I tasted then.

Yeah hard to book and it doesn't help since Martin Benn is on Masterchef recently featured as a guest judge. He's definitely doing it as a PPL for Society! So more people knows about it and fighting to get a seat. Grrrr. I wanna try it while it's "still" good - as in the quality might drop when they are no longer new. :P

14 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

Might try sneak that one in on a weeknite

You'll probably taste it before me then. Report back if you do!

14 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

You find all the extravagant places. I thank you for it.

Haha likewise. You told me about the French x 2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

OMG you're scaring me now. I'm not familiar with Fitzroy at all. It's dinner I'm assuming there should be plenty of car spaces by then...? Maybe wishful thinking if that area is like Chapel street. > <"

Oh you forget im a car lover and pedantic... and my car is not normal. hahahaha Thats why, for most normal car users its fine. Just not really the nicest area for modified cars like mine and their princess like owners. hahaha.

9 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Yeah hard to book and it doesn't help since Martin Benn is on Masterchef recently featured as a guest judge. He's definitely doing it as a PPL for Society! So more people knows about it and fighting to get a seat. Grrrr. I wanna try it while it's "still" good - as in the quality might drop when they are no longer new. :P

o0o0o0o0o0o0o, yeah sounds like a plan.

Im actually the opposite, Im not always in that rush to go to a newly opened restaurant. I normally let them operate for a while just to iron out any issues and kinks they have with food or staff or operations. THEN ill book and go so its more of a smooth perfect dining experience. Of course its not always the case. haha

haha yeah we shall see. What the Govt of VIC holds for us. LMFAO

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

Oh you forget im a car lover and pedantic... and my car is not normal. hahahaha Thats why, for most normal car users its fine. Just not really the nicest area for modified cars like mine and their princess like owners. hahaha.

Ahahaha no no I didn't forget you are a car lover. I just didn't realise you modified it. Did you lower your car suspension that's why it's difficult on these roads?

7 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

I normally let them operate for a while just to iron out any issues and kinks they have with food or staff or operations. THEN ill book and go so its more of a smooth perfect dining experience. Of course its not always the case.

Normally I would wait too, not fight with the crowd. Didn't think it'd be this crazy to be honest and didn't expect he'd go PPL on Masterchef. And because I really love Martin's dishes so I wanted to taste it first-hand before he changes menu :idk: (just in case). Other than that, it's a la carte only (no degustation) so you would have to go back more rounds to taste more dishes.

LOL, yeah, if lockdown again, everyone will have to re-book. Back to square One maybe we still have a chance :lmao2:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
18 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Ahahaha no no I didn't forget you are a car lover. I just didn't realise you modified it. Did you lower your car suspension that's why it's difficult on these roads?

YES! HAHAHAHAHAHAA

Well its a bit more sensible nowdays than previous. Car used to have 2cm ground clearance. LOL, got into too much trouble with the police so i raised the height a little bit and picked wheels that didnt stand out soo much. hahaha

18 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Normally I would wait too, not fight with the crowd. Didn't think it'd be this crazy to be honest and didn't expect he'd go PPL on Masterchef. And because I really love Martin's dishes so I wanted to taste it first-hand before he changes menu :idk: (just in case). Other than that, it's a la carte only (no degustation) so you would have to go back more rounds to taste more dishes.

LOL, yeah, if lockdown again, everyone will have to re-book. Back to square One maybe we still have a chance

OMG we got 7 local cases today.....geeeezzzzz.....this is sad....that raising trend better not continue......

• Sad 3

11 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

OMG we got 7 local cases today.....geeeezzzzz.....this is sad....that raising trend better not continue.

I am SO SO SO annoyed too. They are discussing restrictions again, right? Grrrr.

My friend texted me today asking if we could postpone the dinner to August. I still haven't gotten the response if it was due to COVID or something else. :cry:

OMG...:shocked: "The AFL game between Carlton and Geelong at the MCG on July 10 has been listed as an exposure site." — It's going to explode, TraNz. :CubShy:

11 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

YES! HAHAHAHAHAHAA

Well its a bit more sensible nowdays than previous. Car used to have 2cm ground clearance. LOL, got into too much trouble with the police so i raised the height a little bit and picked wheels that didnt stand out soo much.

LOL. Naughty TraNz. I imagined you be like those guys in Fast & Furious. I was into that movie for like maybe the first 3... and then lost interest after they did so many more. Did you try to drift like Initial D on Dandenong Mountain too? :lmao2: Please tell me you know Initial D. :pandagrim:

Spoiler

I tell you... if only my mom knew what Initial D is, else I'd have teased her by referencing she was doing an Initial D stunt where she once drove her Corolla into the drain while it was raining and at 10pm!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3

@TRaNz @mademoiselle 7 cases is nothing. But best nip it in the bud. In my state we have the worst number of cases in the country -  we take almost half the cases. My state alone is 5000+ NEW  cases today. I don't go out at all ....too scared. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I am SO SO SO annoyed too. They are discussing restrictions again, right? Grrrr.

My friend texted me today asking if we could postpone the dinner to August. I still haven't gotten the response if it was due to COVID or something else. :cry:

OMG...:shocked: "The AFL game between Carlton and Geelong at the MCG on July 10 has been listed as an exposure site." — It's going to explode, TraNz. :CubShy:

yeah, its up for discussion already. but this will depends on what happens the next 2 days. **sighhhh**

Nah don't postpone bcoz of a proposed lockdown. Leave the booking as is and if lockdown clashes with it, then reschedule with restaurant. Im trying to have that small hope we get it under wraps quick smart. LOL. optimistic ay hahaha

Not even surprised its the AFL AGAIN.

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

LOL. Naughty TraNz. I imagined you be like those guys in Fast & Furious. I was into that movie for like maybe the first 3... and then lost interest after they did so many more. Did you try to drift like Initial D on Dandenong Mountain too?

HAHAHAHA, nah nah, no spirited driving here from me. But yes you can associate me to the silly people on Prinny Hwy on a Friday nite or those that loiter late at nite at McDonalds. But nah no Dandy mountains for me. not a fan of putting my 'boat' through twistie roads.

Initial D...of course I know....loved that show and still occasionally listen to the sound tracks of Super Euro Beat for some hype driving vibes.

LOL you mum trying that technique....all I can think of is...omg how much damage hahahahaha

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

@TRaNz @mademoiselle 7 cases is nothing. But best nip it in the bud. In my state we have the worst number of cases in the country -  we take almost half the cases. My state alone is 5000+ NEW  cases today. I don't go out at all ....too scared. 

Yeah I know our numbers in our state isnt big at ALL, but its just our Govt has this thing of going straight into a hard lockdown quick and for long periods.

Our govt is sometimes annoying, but I guess its for the best in the end.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TRaNz said:

But yes you can associate me to the silly people on Prinny Hwy on a Friday nite or those that loiter late at nite at McDonalds.

Don't know about loitering at McD late at night (haven't gone to McD late for eons) but I do remember the modified cars, especially Friday nights on Prinny Hwy. I used to be in cars where the guy friends tried to play with others too at the red lights. You know, competing for whose cars can accelerate fastest from 0km/hr to 100km/hr. I did enjoy the fun then. Now Fast & Furious is no longer the "IN" thing for me... lol.

1 hour ago, TRaNz said:

LOL you mum trying that technique....all I can think of is...omg how much damage hahahahaha

I think you'd have a heart attack seeing how my mum treats her car. I was flabbergasted that she already killed her tyres patterns in no less than 2 years of given a brand new car. The wipers can't wipe the windshield clearly and the windshield looks scratched. I didn't change tyres for 12 long years. Just how much drifting did she do every single day? They did live on a hilly area and there's a really steep hill where it's quite fun to drive down without having to brake and you'll gain speed up to 80km/hr and then a sharp turn once you reach the bottom. She was nagging for a big 4-wheel drive car, citing she would feel safer if she has one. We all agreed that the other drivers will be in danger if she is given one. Most importantly, she doesn't take good care of car so we don't want to buy expensive car for her.

1 hour ago, TRaNz said:

Yeah I know our numbers in our state isnt big at ALL, but its just our Govt has this thing of going straight into a hard lockdown quick and for long periods. Our govt is sometimes annoying, but I guess its for the best in the end.

I did not mind the lockdown as much since I feel it was effective in keeping the numbers down. It's just the wearing face mask indoor at work that drives me nutter. And of course them not closing the borders earlier or letting people enter the country and spread the virus again & again.

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Don't know about loitering at McD late at night (haven't gone to McD late for eons) but I do remember the modified cars, especially Friday nights on Prinny Hwy. I used to be in cars where the guy friends tried to play with others too at the red lights. You know, competing for whose cars can accelerate fastest from 0km/hr to 100km/hr. I did enjoy the fun then. Now Fast & Furious is no longer the "IN" thing for me... lol.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAA :laugh:

Yeah always, still is a thing, racing off at a set of traffic lights.

Nah I can understand its not for everyone especially females, its more of a boy thing to do stuff like that. To be honest, I only went down to Prinny Hwy to park on the side and watch cars race up and down. Was good to hang with friends and just eat fast food while watching ppl do the silly racing.

7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I think you'd have a heart attack seeing how my mum treats her car. I was flabbergasted that she already killed her tyres patterns in no less than 2 years of given a brand new car. The wipers can't wipe the windshield clearly and the windshield looks scratched. I didn't change tyres for 12 long years. Just how much drifting did she do every single day? They did live on a hilly area and there's a really steep hill where it's quite fun to drive down without having to brake and you'll gain speed up to 80km/hr and then a sharp turn once you reach the bottom. She was nagging for a big 4-wheel drive car, citing she would feel safer if she has one. We all agreed that the other drivers will be in danger if she is given one. Most importantly, she doesn't take good care of car so we don't want to buy expensive car for her.

12 years....WOW..... HAHAHAHAHAHA soooo sketchy, could not imagine how bald the tyres were. 

Boarder tightening has already begun its slow rise to board lockout. Its like the states just want to bicker with each other with rules and not letting people in etc. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

Nah I can understand its not for everyone especially females, its more of a boy thing to do stuff like that.

Hahaha incorrect. If I have a decent fast cars I will probably do that same thing when younger. I do have access to a WRX now and did love the turbo speed but because it's not my car I can't go insane raving it. The suspension is too hard though. Not a comfortable car to be in on bumpy road. Coz I don't own fast cars, so I sit in one and just enjoy the fun/adrenaline but I think my friend loves it more when setting up others getting caught by police after doing it (and went outside of the speed) xD

26 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

12 years....WOW..... HAHAHAHAHAHA soooo sketchy, could not imagine how bald the tyres were. 

Boarder tightening has already begun its slow rise to board lockout. Its like the states just want to bicker with each other with rules and not letting people in etc. 

Hahaha no, mine still have patterns - just the sides are worn out enough to finally have the service centre telling me it's time to change. LOL. Think mum's are worst - really don't know how she manage to wear them all out and so fast. Hey, I had been waiting for the service centre to tell me to change but they didn't... :idk:

Naaah, it's too late. Got a colleague drove herself from NSW over here before the border close. Now is isolation. I suppose if she drove down, there's less exposure than be in a plane filled with people huh?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2