Havenites Dabang

@JenL Oh yay! So happy you love MotA (I loved it too although the obsession is over). Writer Song's scripts may not always be perfect but she is really good at writing a story that keeps me interested and I do love that she likes to give her ML pain and doesn't bat an eyelid in "breaking" them. When HB was declared to be a limped hero, I was :Mimed: coz kdrama's MLs had always been perfect physically and Jin Woo isn't - even though he still looks so damn dashing walking down the church aisle with a stick and suit! And then there's Lee Jong Seok in W... how many times had he been stabbed and shot...? :wow:

Confusion point 1
You've got the answer already. The pile of sand is buggy Jin Woo.

Confusion point 2
Marco can only be seen by Se Joo and he's tied to Se Joo only. When the game reset, all the bugs including Marco and Se Joo should ideally be deleted too. In other words, I also thought there's no point for Jin Woo to stab the others. All that needs to happen is letting Emma stab him.

Confusion point 3
That is correct, which is why Jin Woo wanted to shut down/delay the launch since he knows the danger. Agreed. Like you said now that J-One has hired Se Joo, he can fix this glitch before it happens again.

The thing about MotA is not everything is crystal clear but I had so much fun thinking/analysing the bits that are unclear. Hahaha. The only thing I couldn't figure out or have a satisfying answer is how and why he was stuck inside the game after the reset. Was the pain too much to bear that made him seek refuge in the instance dungeon coz that's how Se Joo hid himself? How does this thing work in the first place? This is the part I couldn't imagine. Will gamers be able to answer this better?

I feel extremely sorry for Se Joo. The poor boy is so traumatised by his own creation. Chanyeol did an excellent job playing Se Joo I reckon.

6 hours ago, JenL said:

Nah, it's like a family movie. No one dies. But they do get physically trapped and disappear from the real world, which is another horrible consequence for losing a game.

True. It was a family movie and an old one so it can't be too gory or scary. I had fun watching the original movie. The newer ones, not so much.

6 hours ago, JenL said:

Agreed, it was very traditional - almost could have been an early 2000's set up with the female characters...I wasn't so fond of them, but I didn't mind them in the end. Go Yura got the crappy ending she deserved, Sujin redeemed herself by not needing the riches of her ex-family and even gracefully maintained her evil late father in law's image one last time. Man, Taxi Driver guy was so evil in this series! Hee Ju finally stopped crying and at least she still had faith in Yoo Jin Woo. I think my favourite side characters had to be the poor dead secretary :letalQQ: And the still living CEO of J One Holdings...poor guy kept stressing about his friend and was always trying to help him

In the beginning I thought Hee Joo could be more spunky or also become a player herself to help Zinu. From the get-go, I understand this is Jin Woo's story told from his perspective and HB was doing an excellent job carrying the drama on his own. I didn't mind the ladies being the side-characters. It's just like reading a novel where Jin Woo is the central character. The backlash was the drama was promoted by two people and made it sound like both are the main leads.

Same, I loved the bromance between Secretary and Jin Woo. I was as devastated as Jin Woo when he returned as NPC! After that when I rewatch ep1 which Jin Woo disses his looks, I just look at that fondly rather than Jin Woo being a bad boss LOL.

Agree with the other J-One director. He's so cute and yes, poor guy is so stressed out having stuck between Jin Woo and Hyung Seok's Dad. I do love that he looks out for Jin Woo even though he thinks Jin Woo has gone cuckoo. Hahaha.

Ok, the ending - I didn't mind it. It ended like an AR game teasing us for a possibilty of a second season. Although I also kind of wish we were given a special season episode/alternative ending showing Jin Woo got out and live happily ever after with Hee Joo... only because all this ordeal he's been through, he deserves one. And of course, it's my selfish wish that I wanted another scene of him with Min Joo. I just love watching him adoringly spoil Min Joo.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 2
  • Awesome 3
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The backlash was the drama was promoted by two people and made it sound like both are the main leads

I am one of the misled viewers. 

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Ok, the ending - I didn't mind it. It ended like an AR game teasing us for a possibilty of a second season. Although I also kind of wish we were given a special season/alternative ending to show us that Jin Woo got out and live happily ever after with Hee Joo... only because all this ordeal he's been through, he deserves one. And of course, it's my selfish wish that I wanted another scene of him with Min Joo. I just love watching him adoringly spoil Min Joo.

I love the show a lot, wouldn’t have watched it raw and live-capping otherwise. @JenL what I meant by a few more scenes is because Min Joo is running around in the same area (right direction) already, her last words being “I don’t care if the whole world doesn’t believe it, but I do. I believe that we will meet again” and yet they never show them meeting. Just her seeing him from a distance, they looked at each other, he turned and left, or he fizzled out, that will be fine for me. Or even if just show us that she saw his silhouette, I will be okay with that too. I don’t really need to see them hugged or have a happy life... Because of her narrating “we will meet again” I expected that to be shown. Is that too much to ask?... Apparently, LOLOL... It’s still a drama I would recommend wholeheartedly to people who like the genre. 

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I love the show a lot, wouldn’t have watched it raw and live-capping otherwise. @JenL what I meant by a few more scenes is because Min Joo is running around in the same area (right direction) already, her last words being “I don’t care if the whole world doesn’t believe it, but I do. I believe that we will meet again” and yet they never show them meeting. Just her seeing him from a distance, they looked at each other, he turned and left, or he fizzled out, that will be fine for me. Or even if just show us that she saw his silhouette, I will be okay with that too. I don’t really need to see them hugged or have a happy life... Because of her narrating “we will meet again” I expected that to be shown. Is that too much to ask?... Apparently, LOLOL... It’s still a drama I would recommend wholeheartedly to people who like the genre.

LOLOL, I imagined them dating in the AR game for a while until someone reach Master level and replace Zinu. :laugh:

• Haha 3
21 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I cannot trust the taste bud of those who can take spicy... because when they tell me it's not hot, it is still hot.

This is why I don't trust my fellow Malaysians on spicy food :laugh: 

My friends and extended family: "It's not hot, lah!" Me ignores them and asks waiter :lenny:

12 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Ehhhhhhhh......:pandascared:.......

N-no? I did not. After Deluxe Taxi I actually enjoyed the freedom of not having an ongoing drama to watch and I kinda forget :laugh:

Ah, Deluxe Taxi was such a fun show - I think the next thing I'm watching is Signal since I miss Lee Je Hoon and I know a lot of people liked it here.

Netflix/ The Swoon made a video of all Lee Bo young's emotions: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQpvVwGguMl/ It's like they made it for you. :MewHi:

12 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Oh I feel you. I can't eat hot either. When I eat spicy I begin to get hiccups like crazy. 

Which is btw very bad in times where you need to look cool in front of a girl or something. 

Haha the right girl will not judge you on your inability to handle spicy foods :lenny:

9 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Hee Joo, I think any girl in her position will fall for Jin Woo. First she finds him obnoxious but that gets her attention. Then he gave her all that money and makes her curious. Then she understands his background more and starts to sympathise. And the crux, he needed her during that period when he was injured and recuperating in the hotel - that sealed the whole thing.

Haha, this is a good explanation. But I don't trust @Chocolate...I know she would just fall in love with Jin Woo because he's Hyun Bin :pandadisgusted::laugh:

4 hours ago, bairama said:

@JenLyour confusion points.. I remember I got a lot of confusion in the logic game..:zzzz: but now I forgot it all and what I can remember is HYUN BIN HAHAHHHHH my empty can brain:zzzz: but glad you enjoy the series well:Ghastlel: I really think the concept is really cool.

Haha don't worry @bairama - that's the only thing you need to remember anyway :cool:

Totally agree- the idea was cool and I thought the drama was crack-level addictive :pandahehe: And for the most part the script was well put together. Could have been tightened a little on the logic just before the end, but it was enough for me to understand and appreciate!

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 5

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

4 minutes ago, JenL said:

Haha, this is a good explanation. But I don't trust @Chocolate...I know she would just fall in love with Jin Woo because he's Hyun Bin

tenor.gif

7 minutes ago, JenL said:

This is why I don't trust my fellow Malaysians on spicy food :laugh: 

My friends and extended family: "It's not hot, lah!" Me ignores them and asks waiter

But if the waiter is good with spicy, their judgement is also not trustworthy. We were being fed by Indian colleague and every time she said not spicy and you'll see me and another colleague struggling with the heat. :pandaroar: Liars! Hahahahaha. And then the next time she said she'll not put any chilli but the next day, she sheepishly admitted: "I only put a liiiiiiittle bit of chilli". :PikachuFacePalm: Fair enough that to her, without chilli is life without colours. I can take a bit of heat too just not at the level they can. At first it was so spicy that I couldn't taste any flavour.

14 minutes ago, JenL said:

Ah, Deluxe Taxi was such a fun show - I think the next thing I'm watching is Signal since I miss Lee Je Hoon and I know a lot of people liked it here.

Is this a rewatch or first time watching?

• Haha 5
7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Liars! Hahahahaha. And then the next time she said she'll not put any chilli but the next day, she sheepishly admitted: "I only put a liiiiiiittle bit of chilli". :PikachuFacePalm: Fair enough that to her, without chilli is life without colours. I can take a bit of heat too just not at the level they can. At first it was so spicy that I couldn't taste any flavour.

I feel attacked. It's like you describe the old me. Uhm.. Sorrryyyy?:pandasadspoon: I was kind of believe the type of intolerable to spiciness is just need a good training. But now I realize it's not that way.. I experienced myself with closest one who can't take chili pepper. Arasseo. I'm understand. Mianhaeyo to that kind of groups.. :pandaangel: lollsssss

22 minutes ago, JenL said:

Totally agree- the idea was cool and I thought the drama was crack-level addictive :pandahehe: And for the most part the script was well put together. Could have been tightened a little on the logic just before the end, but it was enough for me to understand and appreciate!

preach the wordsss. It is really decribe MoTA to me also:pandachamp:

• Haha 5

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

21 minutes ago, bairama said:

I feel attacked. Uhm.. Sorrryyyy? I was kind of believe the type of intolerable to spiciness is just need a good training. But now I realize it's not that way.. I experienced myself with closest one who can't take chili pepper. Arasseo. I'm understand. Mianhaeyo to that kind of groups..  lollsssss

LOL. It depends on your friends and whether they want to be trained. I don't enjoy burning my tongue to the point of not being able to taste the true flavour of the food so if my colleague is thinking of training me... :pandagrim:

That said, I don't eat any chilli / spicy food when young. Anything looking like chilli red was a no. I wouldn't even go near kimchi back then but as I get older, I've been more adventurous.. Hence I'm curious about Tteokbokki and its taste except I wouldn't want to buy a whole serve to try and ended up not being able to finish it. That's why I haven't tried it yet. Recently I've been enjoying the mixture of chilli and ginger sauce that was served with Hainanese Chicken Rice. Still too spicy for me so I need to eat a lot of rice.

tenor.gif@abs-oluteM This is so cute, can we have it as sticker?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4
38 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

tenor.gif@abs-oluteM This is so cute, can we have it as sticker?

Sticker as in emoji / emoticon or something? 
must tag @Tofu on this . I’m not sure how it works technically. 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL Oh yay! So happy you love MotA (I loved it too although the obsession is over). Writer Song's scripts may not always be perfect but she is really good at writing a story that keeps me interested and I do love that she likes to give her ML pain and doesn't bat an eyelid in "breaking" them.

Haha, the good thing about watching dramas post-airing is that I don't tend to obsess as hard so maybe it's slightly healthier to watch this way :laugh: 

I liked the writer's ability to lull you into a false sense of security and then drop something shocking to create tension and action and pain  to the main lead!!! I don't think I've seen most of her past works - I wasn't drawn to W because not a really a fan of Lee Jong Suk. I hear she's doing Yumi's Cells, which sounds interesting as a concept, but also not really a fan of Kim Go Eun. But who knows. Maybe one day I'll try them. :idk:

When the game reset, all the bugs including Marco and Se Joo should ideally be deleted too.

Ah you're right! I forgot about the reset- that probably addresses the second thing I was confused about. And maybe to some extent the third thing. :MewHi: I just thought for the third thing I was confused about, they'd address the murderous intent issue before releasing it...but ah well leave it to Seju to fix when they hire him :heiboi:

The thing about MotA is not everything is crystal clear but I had so much fun thinking/analysing the bits that are unclear. Hahaha. The only thing I couldn't figure out or have a satisfying answer is how and why he was stuck inside the game after the reset. Was the pain too much to bear that made him seek refuge in the instance dungeon coz that's how Se Joo hid himself? How does this thing work in the first place? This is the part I couldn't imagine. Will gamers be able to answer this better?

This is true. I do enjoy the clarifying and putting the pieces together....and yeah, Yoo Jin woo being stuck in the game was another thing I wasn't sure about. But I feel like maybe it was more that he was the Master...like the record holder in the game. But then you'd think the records would have been wiped out in the reset? :thinking: My other theory was he choose to be there since he didn't want to endanger others again...aside from Hee Ju, he didn't really have a job/ reputation to go back to either, so it might have been choice :idk:

Same, I loved the bromance between Secretary and Jin Woo. I was as devastated as Jin Woo when he returned as NPC! After that when I rewatch ep1 which Jin Woo disses his looks, I just look at that fondly rather than Jin Woo being a bad boss LOL.

Agree with the other J-One director. He's so cute and yes, poor guy is so stressed out having stuck between Jin Woo and Hyung Seok's Dad. I do love that he looks out for Jin Woo even though he thinks Jin Woo has gone cuckoo. Hahaha.

I was so devastated too - every time he came back as a NPC to protect YJW :letalQQ: Those types of scenes break me in other similar genres like zombie films - when the hero loose someone and it seems like they might have survived only for the hero to meet them later and they save the hero by sacrificing themselves etc. So so sad.

Haha, that actor for the J One CEO just has such a friendly uncle face (thought I'm sure he could play scary too). I loved that he was always helping the main characters and was kind to poor traumatised Seju. I'd also be traumatised if I created a game like this :lettalKWA: Anyway, yeah, best characters aside from YJW

Although I also kind of wish we were given a special season/alternative ending to show us that Jin Woo got out and live happily ever after with Hee Joo

Yep, I think these types of endings always give you these feelings, especially if you watch live. I think because of the lack of closure and it would have been nice to just put the actors together one last time for visuals :laugh: But if it still works with the storyline, I don't mind it so much these days. Like you, I wouldn't have minded a cute scene with Hee Joo's family and YJW hanging with Min Joo and  finally meeting Seju.

This type of ending was more prevalent in the 2000's dramas...and even for romance :lettalKWA: It use to kill me when you'd get this in a romance. :HaunterOK:

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am one of the misled viewers. 

Haha I'm sorry for your disappointment...I hate the feeling of being misled :shocked:

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

@JenL what I meant by a few more scenes is because Min Joo is running around in the same area (right direction) already, her last words being “I don’t care if the whole world doesn’t believe it, but I do. I believe that we will meet again” and yet they never show them meeting. Just her seeing him from a distance, they looked at each other, he turned and left, or he fizzled out, that will be fine for me. Or even if just show us that she saw his silhouette, I will be okay with that too. I don’t really need to see them hugged or have a happy life... Because of her narrating “we will meet again” I expected that to be shown. 

Ahhh I see what you mean. Actually I've seen this type of scene in other dramas before and it killed me. But not sure why I'm so chill with this one :idk: Aside from not being super invested in the romance, maybe I felt more prepared because I'd already heard of the rage from some viewers so I didn't expect them to meet in the last episode already. I was also expecting worse things to happen in the last episode. So my heart was ready to accept traumas :laugh: 

Also, I think I've been through this before - there was once an anime  (it's not even a romance) but the guy ends up surviving his ordeals and runs off to see his fiancé and they show him running throughout the whole ending credits...and he never reaches her. They just cut it off without showing him getting to her. And that killed me...so I now have immunity and can't die from the same thing anymore :heiboi:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

1 hour ago, JenL said:

Netflix/ The Swoon made a video of all Lee Bo young's emotions: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQpvVwGguMl/ It's like they made it for you. 

It really was. Signal is amazing, like I said many times before, it is probably the best crime show ever with the best soundtrack. I still imagine the end and begging @abs-oluteMfor a second season. Like she would be able to decide that. 

Oh, that's so amazing! She's so beautiful, her hubby sure is a lucky panda. :pandajustright: She is so good at delivering emotions, especially if she has a acting partner that is on her level. 

1 hour ago, JenL said:

Haha the right girl will not judge you on your inability to handle spicy foods

No, she won't. :pandalove: But I will :pandacop: There are times as a guy where you need to be or act cool. Sometimes you need to stand your ground and at least look tough. 

• Haha 3
9 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Sticker as in emoji / emoticon or something? 
must tag @Tofu on this. I’m not sure how it works technically. 

Yeah like these emojis:eeeee: except it's gif coz it's cute to see it moves (laughs).

10 minutes ago, JenL said:

I liked the writer's ability to lull you into a false sense of security and then drop something shocking to create tension and action and pain  to the main lead!!! I don't think I've seen most of her past works - I wasn't drawn to W because not a really a fan of Lee Jong Suk. I hear she's doing Yumi's Cells, which sounds interesting as a concept, but also not really a fan of Kim Go Eun. But who knows. Maybe one day I'll try them.

W is nice too. Got the twist, tension, action and pain to the main lead as well. W was like my dream come true as a manga reader, LOL! The writer is good with her fantasy world building. She got famous for co-writing Nine: 9 Times Travel and Queen InHyun (which I didn't watch). Nine was really old and the FL is even more useless in my opinion but I watch it after I fell in love with Park Hyung Sik :btsjklove:. Among the FL in her dramas, Han Hyo Joo has the meatiest role in W. The romance was cute too (and better).

Bahahaha you and your aversion to KGE. Why is that again? Or no particular reason?

15 minutes ago, JenL said:

I just thought for the third thing I was confused about, they'd address the murderous intent issue before releasing it...but ah well leave it to Seju to fix when they hire him

The murderous intent isn't the only thing that trigger the glitch. It was a combination of the murderous intent + real weapon that cause the bug because Emma was trying to remove the weapon in the bar and she couldn't. So as long as no players actually repeated the same thing that Marco did to Se Joo - I'd say the risk is low even if they have murderous intention.

18 minutes ago, JenL said:

This is true. I do enjoy the clarifying and putting the pieces together....and yeah, Yoo Jin woo being stuck in the game was another thing I wasn't sure about. But I feel like maybe it was more that he was the Master...like the record holder in the game. But then you'd think the records would have been wiped out in the reset? My other theory was he choose to be there since he didn't want to endanger others again...aside from Hee Ju, he didn't really have a job/ reputation to go back to either, so it might have been choice

Hahaha I was hoping you have an answer of how he went into instance dungeon. I wouldn't think the latter is the answer because Jin Woo is tired and he's worked so hard to put an end to this so the reason can't possibly be he has nothing to go back to and chose to stay in the game. Also if he wanted to stay in the game he wouldn't be helping the other players to level up in the finale.

He was stuck in the game because J-One director shut down the server after the reset. I imagined he must have been unconscious at the time or recuperating in instance dungeon when the server was shut down. He's not in there that long because the time in the game vs real life (based on Se Joo being alive without food) is different.

26 minutes ago, JenL said:

I was so devastated too - every time he came back as a NPC to protect YJW. Those types of scenes break me in other similar genres like zombie films - when the hero loose someone and it seems like they might have survived only for the hero to meet them later and they save the hero by sacrificing themselves etc. So so sad.

Haha, that actor for the J One CEO just has such a friendly uncle face (thought I'm sure he could play scary too). I loved that he was always helping the main characters and was kind to poor traumatised Seju. I'd also be traumatised if I created a game like this. Anyway, yeah, best characters aside from YJW

Yes, I know what you mean. It was so impactful whenever he appeared as NPC to protect Jin Woo. I remember I was still in disbelief that he died until it was confirmed with his dead body. This writer seriously was cruel BUT I love it. HAHAHA.

This actor has done scary role. He was 180° different in He is Psychometric.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
56 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

W was like my dream come true as a manga reader, LOL! The writer is good with her fantasy world building. She got famous for co-writing Nine: 9 Times Travel and Queen InHyun

I watched all these 4 dramas of hers 😎 and love them all. I am a fan.

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

This one is fusion sageuk so it's not bad actually. The OTP is cute.

P.S. Good kisses :lenny:

The trailers don’t draw me in... and of all the cast, I am only interested in Lee Jin Woo, not strong enough draw also 😅 and I heard it got cut short? Why, ratings not good? 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

The trailers don’t draw me in... and of all the cast, I am only interested in Lee Jin Woo, not strong enough draw also 😅 and I heard it got cut short? Why, ratings not good? 

It was planned for 3 seasons. The ratings was low at around 1%+ and tvN decided not to do the next 2 seasons. To be honest I didn't mind not having the next 2 seasons (it has a good closure to the first chapter) but the show itself isn't that bad of a watch compared to some of the ones we have seen.

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle @abs-oluteM -- I added it under the owo collection.

:lmao2: Hahahahah thanks you!! It's sooooooooooo adorable and cute!

1 hour ago, SnowBlob said:

@mademoiselle yayyyy...so what's your verdict for 'the Beginning'? I still havent seen the Final as it is still not available on the ehem site :JuiceGhost:

Not yet available lah. It's "coming". The Final is already available on ahem sites.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Party! 2