Movie Recommendations List

abnoch

@abs-oluteM Oh yay! Glad to hear you liked it!

I think this is probably now my favourite from him, hahaha! And yes, his character was from the same sector that Kim Do Ki was from (707 Special Forces). I loved how the movie/PD decided his character is a sharp shooter coz I just don't like seeing a supposedly good shooter missing their targets. The action cinematography is well done. I couldn't spot any stunt double and it would be easy to spot because it wouldn't be easy to get a stunt double with the same physique as him. So bravo, he was so cool in action!

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM @Chocolate This one looks interesting. Who else would like this kind of movie? @Tofu? @ktcjdrama? @SilverMoonTea @SnowBlob? @stroppyse?

Preview trailer for Restricted Call. Ji Chang Wook plays the villain

It gives off the Speed vibe - adrenaline rush racing against time action.

Oh thanks madem , it's indeed looks interesting. Yeah at least Ji Chang Wook not doing romance here lols. Lately I can't watched all his romance drama leh. 

• Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

5 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Oh thanks madem , it's indeed looks interesting. Yeah at least Ji Chang Wook not doing romance here lols. Lately I can't watched all his romance drama leh. 

Bahahahaha I still haven't touched Lovestruck in the city. I agree that I'm experiencing a bit of a ... don't know what's the right word about his romance dramas. His dramas went downhill for me since K2. But I will check out the Sound of Music Magic (lol!) when it comes up on Netflix.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
48 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

t gives off the Speed vibe - adrenaline rush racing against time action.

Thanks for the tag. It looks interesting. So, JCW has the remote control trigger and can detonate. I wonder if JCW is a straight up villain though versus an anti-hero. JCW's last lines in the preview:

"Doing your very best. That is the problem. If you had lived appropriately like that, then something like this wouldn't have even happened."

Anyway, it looks interesting. Release date in June.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
5 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Thanks for the tag. It looks interesting. So, JCW has the remote control trigger and can detonate. I wonder if JCW is a straight up villain though versus an anti-hero. JCW's last lines in the preview:

"Doing your very best. That is the problem. If you had lived appropriately like that, then something like this wouldn't have even happened."

Anyway, it looks interesting. Release date in June.

I'd love it if he plays an anti-hero. He's probably seeking revenge/justice because of what happened based on the lines.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Midnight-KM-mp01.jpgMidnight

Stars: Jin Ki Joo, Wi Ha Joon, Park Hoon, Kim Hye Yoon

Gosh, I just watched this and felt like I've wasted my time. It's not bad but there's nothing special about it at all.

*Incoming rant*

Kim Hye Yoon's role was so insignificant! She's basically Eun Dan Oh heading out for a blind date and on her way home she unluckily was attacked by Wi Ha Joon acting as the serial killer whom we have no idea why he's killing.

Just when Wi Ha Joon was rampaging through his van looking for the perfect weapon to finish off Hye Yoon in the dark alley where he left her, Jin Ki Joo happened to walk past. Hye Yoon got her attention by throwing her heels towards her.

At the time Wi Ha Joon had a face mask on so Ki Joo couldn't recognise him. She ran and ran and finally got the attention from the police by pressing the red button on the street which connects her to the police. However she and Mum couldn't speak so they couldn't tell the police what they experience through the speaker. Wi Ha Joon took this time to change his disguise. He almost tricked them into going with him until the police arrived and took them to the police station. There were some "nearly" situation and they basically watch Wi Ha Joon being let go.

Because Ki Joo and her mum became the witness, Wi Ha Joon spent the whole night hunting them down. I suppose the movie was made for the thrills but I'm annoyed that they weren't being cautious after what happened at the police station. :pandarage2:  The whole movie I basically just watch Ki Joo dodges danger one after another and runs for her life. She ran into the crowd but no one helps her. Everyone believed Wi Ha Joon's words over hers until she decided to do the most extreme stunt in the end.

One lesson I took away from this movie is all women should stay home and not walk on the dark street all alone! Although not that I don't already know it.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

@SilverMoonTea Wonderful Nightmare is nice however there's not much of SSH. There's always Obsession :eeeee:I like Ghost.

Oh hey, there's The Player too but I somehow cannot remember if I finished this drama :thinking:

---

Ahahaha, you guys found my rant. :lmao2: I saw you guys discussing about Midnight in the Oppa Tracker thread after I woke up in the morning and thought, "Oops, didn't wanna discourage anyone from it. Maybe they won't see it since it's not Oppa Tracker thread.":lmao2:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1
  • Star Struck 1
53 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Is that supposed to be makjang? Let me know how was it. Haha.

The dubbing quite hideous. The pacing a bit weird, both acting quite awkward actually. But I have to say both looking absolutely gorgeous. 

The story is quite cliche, rich guy - and divorcee lawyer which their relationship forbidden by the family. Btw I surprised the kiss pretty hot. 

80160921.webp

Tag @Tofu@NiteWalker, have u guys watch this movie of Song Seung Hoon & Crystal Liu? 

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

a bit over....i did watch...though i dont like it...it was this movie that had SSH going out with Crystal though they are broken up now 

Yeah trying to be a sad movie. But it didn't worked out well. No character progress or whatsoever. It's just all rely on the prettiness of both. 

Somehow cross country production seldom have any enjoyable result. The dubbing already kill the drama itself. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I recommend Ghost in the Shell 2017

I know some would say if you are a true fan of Ghost in the Shell  anime , you won’t like it but I disagree as a true fan.  To actually create this type of movie from the anime / manga series is truly amazing because they tried their best and the outcome was amazing for me. 

You can watch it at Amazon, Pluto TV, YouTube, Google Play 

• Like 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

• 2 months later...

Believer (2018) 

Narcotic detective met low rank member of drug cartel and they work together try to ambushed the top boss. Ryu Jun Yeol mentioned he have hard time playing as Seo Young Rak whose always appear as cold and distant. 

Money (2019)

New broker on the job almost at his wit end, but one day he met a person with code Ticket whose giving him quick route to money and wealth. His life change from bottom to high society, but will this give him happiness? Yoo Ji Tae mentioned, Ryu Jun Yeol the lead of the drama, someday will become veteran himself and have bright future ahead. RJY also win award from New York Asian Film Festival. This movie highly recommended from me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@mademoiselle@im0202have u watched JIS new movie? I'll check it soon. 

Yep, I caught it in the cinema when it was shown in theatres here. It was quite enjoyable! Quite a few funny bits despite the story being set in a very serious time and place. But the humour is mostly subtle. There was a sequence of scenes in the movie that elevated it from being average to pretty good. I found the pace at first was quite slow, but I’ve seen slower movies so it was still tolerable 😂

• Like 2
9 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@mademoiselle@im0202have u watched JIS new movie? I'll check it soon. 

I haven't. Haven't to see the trailer if I like it.

@Chocolate Have you seen a US movie called A Time to Kill? It recently is available on NF and I thought of you since you like court scenes. Based on John Grisham's novel of the same name starring Matthew McCounaghey, Kevin Spacey, Samuel L Jackson and Sandra Bullock etc. It was a really good movie. Please check it out if you haven't.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2