Movie Recommendations List

abnoch

@SilverMoonTea I have seen both Love Lies and Perfect Proposal . YYS was one of my 1st k drama crushes , so I remember going through a lot of his work in 2016

@abnoch @im0202 I enjoyed Murder on The Orient Express . It kept me guessing until the end.

So okay this one is rather violent , but I somehow didn't mind all the 3 installments of John Wick...must be cause Keanu Reaves just looked badass doing it

@40somethingahjumma @UnniSara join us here !

• Like 8

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

My recommendation is Pride and Prejudice  adapted from the novel  Written by Jane Austen

Another movie 

History of Violence 

Spoiler

50  Fisrt Date

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

4 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

@UnniSara :Niceu: I love Keira Knightly's version of Pride & Prejudice.

Darcy: "I love you, most ardently" 

... and then that electrifying moment where they were about to ...

Me: :Rip: 

@mademoisellesia Me too I love both Keira Knightly and Mathew Macfadyen version of Mr Darcy. 
They both have met their matches  and fell hard for each other. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

3 hours ago, abnoch said:

@UnniSara @mademoisellesia

well this one 

when I watched it, I'm like "oh this melancholy poetic people.."

UNTIL

I found the one so I can understand it

and thanks they didn't put a kiss in the rain:Rip:

@abnoch  The almost kiss is what got me too. It was so raw , intense. You can feel how attracted they are to each other.  The ending was also beautiful. This is recommended for rewatch 100% . I give it 5 stars 

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

I've already rewatched a few times haha. There are 2 endings, which one do you like better? 🥰

@mademoisellesia I had no idea there were two version

This version I own 

Elizabeth Bennett and MR Dacy are at home sitting outside.

Mr Darcy: How are you this evening, my dear?

EB: Very Well :love:

Only,  I wish you would not call me " my dear"

Mr Darcy:  Why?

EB:  "Cause its what my father always call my mother

when he's Cross about something.

Mr Darcy :  What endearment am I allowed? :Niceu:

EB: Well let me think

Lizzie, for everyday 

My pearl, for Sundays

and Goddess Divine, but only on very special occasions

Mr Darcy : What shall I call you when I'm cross?

Mrs Darcy

EB: No No 

You may only call me Mrs Darcy  when you are completely and perfectly and

incandescently happy

Mr Darcy :  and How are you this evening, Mrs Darcy?

*kiss*  on the forhead

Mrs Darcy * Kiss* on the right cheek

Mrs Darcy  *Kiss* on the left cheek

Mrs Darcy * Kiss* on the mouth

The End 

Can you let me know the other end please

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

Another movie I recommend is

Atonement based on a novel

Starring Keira Knightley James McAvoy Saoirse Ronan

A brief summary of this movie is about a talented young writer’s who’s imagination and curiosity got the best of her. 

Spoiler

My interpretation was the younger sister trying to play hero was jealous of the lack of attention she got from her sister and misunderstood what was going on our the blame on someone who she felt should go. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

On 9/26/2020 at 4:50 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Actually the one movie I am hoping to get a review for is this one..

I know it won awards etc...so I wanna how how heavy it is . I think I saw @lifeisfullofdrama tweet about it

Yess, I very recommend this movie to all of you. For me it is not heavy at all.

I know that I might be quite subjective as I am big fan of Gong Yoo, but the movie is full of messages.

I already interested with this movie since the book is very sensational that many women celebrity are hated as feminist just because they read and post about it.

But the movie is not feminist movie at all for me. It just tells a very relatable story for many women in Korea in particular and also in Asia in general.

I mentioned about one of my fav part in my twitter

Spoiler

I also would like to recommend some of underrated K-Movies: 

1) The Witness (2018) - Lee Sung-min (Missaeng) & Kwak Si-yang

What would you do if you are a witness of murdered case? Will you help police and victim's family but risking your safety and your family?

2) Heart Blackened (2017) - Choi Min-Sik, Park Shin-Hye, Lee Ha-nui & Ryu Jun-yeol

I have heard many K-actors mentioning about Choi Min-Sik, but this is the first movie of him that I finally watch. At first, it seems just so-so but then when the story starts to get deeper there will be many surprises!

3) Juror 8 (2019) - Park Hyung-Shik

Based on true story about South Korea's first jury trial. It is very interesting, funny and heart-warming too!

Edited by lifeisfullofdrama
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 2
  • 1 month later...

I look forward to this !

Synopsis:

“New Year’s Eve” will tell the story of four couples who must each overcome different fears and problems as they face the beginning of a new year.

This site has lots of pics

https://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/films/index/filmsView.jsp?movieCd=20190323

aaa9c3ec1abc46e7aaabeca0ff4e7cc8.jpg

bc407bbcd9ea40a7959c7ced7c86f39a.jpg

Spoiler

409a005aa87b42dd89e2317880cf8ab3.jpg

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

• 3 weeks later...

I recommended these three International Films. I am such a  Horror/Suspense/ Sci-fi movie buff 

Tunnel 

Train to Busan: Pennisula

RV: Resurrected Victims 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29bd39789681a7de1712

• Clapping Hands 1

I recommend New Mutant. I have not read the comic or of there is a comic. I do love this version of Mutants. It is rather well written. The cast did a great job. Planning on buying the movie to rewatch 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29d7fbaa14ef9daa4878

Minari

This movie caught my attention on SNS because Golden Globe denied its entry to compete for Best Picture and shoved them to the Foreign Language category instead with the reason that it is primarily speaking in Korean even though the movie was produced by American company and about the lives of American Koreans who migrated to the US.

Watched the trailer and loved it! Plus veteran actress Youn is in it, and that really pique my interest. Tissue papers are definitely mandatory. Gonna check this out when it's available.

Tagging a few... not sure who else is interested, so you guys can do the tagging for me~

@Jane @abs-oluteM @Tofu @bairama @abnoch @UnniSara @OsmanthusTea @JenL @ktcjdrama @Chocolate @bluepebbles @gilaswan @stroppyse@40somethingahjumma

The little boy is cute lol. Think some of you mommies will adore him

LOL at his "I'm not pretty. I'm good looking!" :laugh:

Interview with VARIETY

Spoiler

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoiselleLooks fantastic. But I don't know if we'll get it at our local cinema any time soon. I will look out for it. But the production values looks top-notch. The generational, immigration experience speaks close to my heart. 

• Like 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Minari

This movie caught my attention on SNS because Golden Globe denied its entry to compete for Best Picture and shoved them to the Foreign Language category instead with the reason that it is primarily speaking in Korean even though the movie was produced by American company and about the lives of American Koreans who migrated to the US.

Oh man, it's Steven Yeun :heart: Have I ever mentioned that I LOOOOOVEEEE Steven Yeun? Hahaha, it's probably because my heart still hurts thinking about his death on the Walking Dead. Also he was very good as the villain in Burning.

This looks interesting! I heard he was in a story about Korean-Americans. It seems really unfair that it was shoved in the Foreign Language category. But meh, the US has been dealing with a lot of racial issues this year (and prior) in award shows, so not fully surprised, I guess. :idk:

• Like 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Minari

I read about what the Golden Globes did and I'm glad that people are speaking up about it. Not sure if it will change the nominations but definitely a movie on my watch list since I heard about it. The scene about grandkids sleeping with grandparents is so true within my family. :laugh:

• Like 2