The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

1 hour ago, Olivia Kate said:

Well, it's nice to have a bit of resistance before they go all the way.:SquirtleOK:

the resistance is the lollipop....**ahem**

2 hours ago, SnT said:

U Ladies like the shoes scene? . Its so hilarous.. Our houye wants w proper tq n finally got a pressie n still want to comment that shoes look so ordinary n nothing special 😜😜. Wallace acting is so good. The secretly happy n trying to suppress the happiness in front of shiyi is so cute n funny

oh....he love it totally....and when ShiYi said that she wanted to make clothe for him...he was more than happy to oblige to let her take his body measurement.....

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

I have been so curious n really looking forward to watching how the sml will find out she is married to lingyi. Like what was the circumstances.. 

N it is mentioned marquis jingyuan has not confirm a successor. Hopefully it means maybe one day our sml will take over that positiin. Becausw he seems a nice chap who is just not into politics 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

They are going all out! Tencent posted new MV...got any crumbs or new bits here? There's some right?

This was part of the MV above. I am guessing it is after the "divorce" letter. She's trying to reconcile and he seems  a little angry still ..but HAWT!!

:pandaevil:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Sad 2

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

From this latest videos i takeva guess that there arw twice separation. I pick up the clue from the lanterns they got from the feestivsl. One got burn n houye made one for her. They hang it outside her chamber at xikuayuan

First separation she hold the letter n sitting forlornly on the step wearing pale green. There is not lanterns yet. So it should happen before the lantern festival. 

Second time she is in pink n she look forlornly at the lanterns hanging there. So this will happen after lantern festival. This time she left n there is scenes of her dress down like a villager. This one is prob due to enemy attack as result of sea ban that houye us fighting for. Whuch will later land her in prison. 

Hahaha... I m just playing detective to quench my thirst. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Sad 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Counting down the hours until we get new episodes!!

Thank you @Tofu for the gifs! I love them all!

I love how sneaky LingYi can be when he wants more time with Shiyi or when he wants to be close to her. She's the only woman who doesn't throw herself at him.

That scene where she falls asleep and he slowly leans her toward him before he picks her up is so sweet, gentlemanly and well... shows experience.. ahem ahem... :smug:

I also love that scene where she's tells him he's well-built and will look good in anything he wears and he immediately looks at himself in the mirror, feeling good about getting a rare compliment from Shiyi.. LOL

• Haha 4

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

I made badges for the drama and had to watch so many clips. I love all things beautiful and absolutely enjoyed watching all the scenes with the main leads. These are leftover gifs that I didn't make into badges because they were too big and cutting them to size would take too long (they could also be the scenes that didn't get picked as badges). :eeeee:They are some of my favorite scenes from the clips that I watched. At this rate, you would think that I watched the drama too. :brb:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Spoiler

giphy.gif

These weren't my favorite scenes, but why so much sadness?! :cry:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

And I leave you guys with the queen...haha!

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
13 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

This was part of the MV above. I am guessing it is after the "divorce" letter. She's trying to reconcile and he seems  a little angry still ..but HAWT!!

if he is angry means he care....

what we scare the most is the nonchalant attitude some will have & also one thing we should be glad that he is willing to sit down and talk or listen to her at all...some just shock it off and walk out

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, MorningDew said:

Hi.. good morning you all!!! Yeay it’s Monday 😎😁🎉🎊

and drumming away our finger pending for the update tonight lols...thats is like 11 hours away?

11 hours ago, SnT said:

Hahaha... I m just playing detective to quench my thirst. 

you done it all for us ....hahaha...we will be happy with this times line if nothing else lols

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Yesss Monday.. Def no mon blues for ua all. I think we prob exhausted all the clips n trailer trying to find way to cont the story. I personally think thw story is tight so far n makes sense. The leads arw just good.

U know i dropped under the power like after 12 episodes. The characters just doesn't appeal to me. N i never watch tsy before under the power.. Which is ming dynasty too actually. So i think the story is very important besides the lead.

Tsy is so calm n elegant here. N i love female leads who doesn't go cute bubbly too much. Its hard to watch if they get innocent till dumb. Even shiyi is very young here n she can be sharp tongued n underlying love freedom n maybe more active n daring and has her own mind, shiyi is still well behaved n controlled which makes semse because those days ladies with upbringing don go out much n don speak their mind much. She is a refined lady who had learn to cintrol her preferences. I think tsy did a good job portraying that. 

Wallace no need to say. He is a seasoned actor always known to bring out goid chemistry this leading lady. After this show i think i can confirm he is perfect for historical drama. His face is chinese historical drama look. He really should do more. I actually never fall for his modern drama look, at least not go goo goo ga ga over it.

In general n i he is so charismatic n did a good job n look so good as a military strategist n grand general and a very refined gentleman because he is a prince as well. That drama did not do too well because of the cgi which is an eye sore n half of the audiences were against angelababy. But honestly they look good together n just becsuse she is rather expressionless ppl say her acting is bad but i thought her expression is perfect for a super intelligent female who is like female version of zhugeliang. Poker face on a war strategist is perfect. That goes to show we cannot read all reviews that is too personal. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
15 minutes ago, SnT said:

U know i dropped under the power like after 12 episodes. The characters just doesn't appeal to me. N i never watch tsy before under the power.. Which is ming dynasty too actually. So i think the story is very important besides the lead.

ooo too bad hahaha i love Under the Power, it was a hype for me...cause i like TSY alot and her character in the UTP was bubbly which what you dislikes....though i have to say she has the brain sometimes to connect the dot and make things work...

she also doesnt always rely on the guy to make things work for her and tried her best to make things work from her own end..... **ahem** i better stop.....i get this way when im all over the top on a drama and UTP is one of it lols

17 minutes ago, SnT said:

Wallace no need to say. He is a seasoned actor always known to bring out goid chemistry this leading lady. After this show i think i can confirm he is perfect for historical drama. His face is chinese historical drama look. He really should do more. I actually never fall for his modern drama look, at least not go goo goo ga ga over it.

i watch him in 'The Sunshine' however to be honest....i didnt really like the stories and also the chemistry in between him and TangYan fall short of what i felt in between him and TSY in 'TS&TB' so i think i stick with him here for now as our dearest HouYe hahahaha.

okie i want more scenes like below!!! i want HouYe to carry ShiYi more pls!!

Cr: As Tagged (weibo)

VZPosel.jpg

• Heart Eyes 3
23 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

ooo too bad hahaha i love Under the Power, it was a hype for me...cause i like TSY alot and her character in the UTP was bubbly which what you dislikes....though i have to say she has the brain sometimes to connect the dot and make things work...

I actually i wasn't against her. I quite like she is a tomboy n scrooge but this Allen reng just just did not click for me. Maybe their chemistry i don know but i m looking to watching him w bai lu in the next historical tang dynasty drama. The clips look quite good. Sometimes its the look together maybe. 

My defintion of cute n bubbly is like the recent nichang story.. The liu li character by gulinacha... Poof... Cute till dimwit n innocent till reckless ehmm...i dropped that too. 

okie i want more scenes like below!!! i want HouYe to carry ShiYi more pls!!

Cr: As Tagged (weibo)

Yes yes more princess carry. I was here for wallace n so pleasantly surprised by tsy n tgeir chemistry. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
7 minutes ago, SnT said:

My defintion of cute n bubbly is like the recent nichang story.. The liu li character by gulinacha... Poof... Cute till dimwit n innocent till reckless ehmm...i dropped that too. 

ahhhh...im with you....Gulinazha is a great model....not a good artist though...her act is flat for me....

7 minutes ago, SnT said:

Maybe their chemistry i don know but i m looking to watching him w bai lu in the next historical tang dynasty drama.

yes sometimes what one feel the other wont feel either....i love JiaLun in UTP though hahaha i felt that their chemistry is great as to me TSY always managed to create all sorts of different chemistry with her cast mates...

just look at her and Wallace, their subtle and awkwardness with each other is definitely working for us and attracting us all alright lols

i mean just look at them when HouYe was all worried about ShiYi being injured and bend to get her back to the mansion for a proper treatment, we can see that while ShiYi was touched by HouYe presence when she was about to be smashed by the plate, she didnt go all soft insides HouYe arms, however she was hesitate and pull back a little and away from him

Picture Cr: as Tagged from Weibo

E3WcZWq.jpg

• Heart Eyes 3

Ladies, when do u think our houye started to hv feelings as in falling for shiyi. I hv been trying to work backwards but i cant really pinpoint. When he sees her looking after chunge n woke up n see her sleeping sgainst his lap? Or way earlier when he saw her yawning unladylikely haha 

The shoes thing is already pretty obvious to the audience feelings has stsrted for him. 

• Like 3

@SnT I think there isn't one specific instance but rather a series of small things that started to make him fall for her.. for me, the following scenes were turning points for him:

• When he asked her if she was okay giving up managing the household and he was surprised by her answer in that the goal is to get things done so as long as things are getting done, then it doesn't matter who does them. I think this was the very first of her many actions that made him start to notice her. I think this is because she had behaved contradictory to what he would have expected every other "wife" to react.
  • The way she took such good care of Zhun. She even sang to him the same lullaby Yuanniang would sing to him. Even though there were other family members willing to care for Zhun, she really put all her effort in caring for him.
  • When she deduced his innermost feelings - about him worrying about something but feeling powerless to do anything about it. 
  • When she was willing to leave for Danyang's well-being.
  • When she made personal sacrifices during the moldy rice incident. It wasn't even her fault and she could have take advantage of the opportunity for personal gain and yet she made personal sacrifices, putting the needs of the family first. And to do this when she didn't have affection for LingYi yet. That shows that she truly is just a good person.

• Like 3

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

same like @Mouse what had listed i dont think there is a specify time frames when or how HouYe actually fallen for ShiYi @SnT

it was like almost a gradually or on going process on how HouYe slowly develope his feeling towards ShiYi

he like how she think and how she behave...

and also how she seems to be able to understand his demons as well come to trust his characters...something all his wife never look at ....

he doesnt like to spend alot....just look at Wen Niang when she cook that bowl of soup for HouYe, it ended up with him telling her to feed it to the son instead as its too precious for his taste.....

he want someone who can understand how he work and ShiYi seems to be the one that seems to really understand how he work and also stood besides him....she rebuke him when needed using underlines meaning or feeding his own words right back towards him **ahem** hahahaha

• Like 2

I guess its like he notice her via her sharp tongue, her guts n dare to rebuke him in an intelligent way (i mean normal man shake in his boots when houye frowned, she is like 'tan ta bao tien' his words meaning so daring hahaa... n through more contact n the respect that he gives her as the lady of the household, he started to like her actions, counsel n how she sees things. Eg when qiao talked to him about refugees she says that these refugees are way less important than his career (ya she is soooo smart at putting him off n she thinks she is says the right thing) n when shiyi talked about refugees she gave ideas that help him. Haha.... Really show who makes can make a man want to stay around n talk. One is like a bimbo one is like a match w his mind. 

Inthink now he really like n respect her as his wife n person in a more hearfelt way. I don think it is love yet. But i believe after fengching saga n sml interventions it will be love d. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@abs-oluteM Why she looks so old ??? 

No one mentioned how the LiYing’s sister is not an ally. She was so ready to choose Concubine Qiao as mother for her nephew. I was so upset with her for siding with her mother. How can she be so dense to be nice to a girl who almost ruined their family in the moldy rice issue???   @SnT Concubine Qiao is a spoiled brat who doesn’t know anything than brown nosing . Out of all the people in the residence. She is the only one who stick close to the agréas Madame. 

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Just now, UnniSara said:

No one mentioned how the LiYing’s sister is not an ally. She was so ready to choose Concubine Qiao as mother for her nephew. I was so upset with her for siding with her mother. How can she be so dense to be nice to a girl who almost ruined their family in the moldy rice issue???

That is not lingyi sister.. But sister in law. Lingyi father n brother died in a battle. This is the wife of that brother. It was mentiined brother 2 lingan is smart n capable n good in both wen n wu. This is the wife. She us supposedly smart n a good match for that brother. 

I personally i think she will be a good person except that she may be a sad widow. She knows the mil will side qiao so she just went w it. I think she may be the one end up taking fengching. We will see tonight. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
5 minutes ago, SnT said:

That is not lingyi sister.. But sister in law. Lingyi father n brother died in a battle. This is the wife of that brother. It was mentiined brother 2 lingan is smart n capable n good in both wen n wu. This is the wife. She us supposedly smart n a good match for that brother. 

I personally i think she will be a good person except that she may be a sad widow. She knows the mil will side qiao so she just went w it. I think she may be the one end up taking fengching. We will see tonight. 

Man this whole time i thought she was the sister because in the book LingYi does have an older sister 

• Like 4

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

10 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

No one mentioned how the LiYing’s sister is not an ally. She was so ready to choose Concubine Qiao as mother for her nephew. I was so upset with her for siding with her mother. How can she be so dense to be nice to a girl who almost ruined their family in the moldy rice issue???   @SnT Concubine Qiao is a spoiled brat who doesn’t know anything than brown nosing . Out of all the people in the residence. She is the only one who stick close to the agréas Madame. 

erm i think she is the type that is on the fence....she is not a person to say bad things about ppl however she will give a democratic answer ... 

Madame Xu always asked for her advise mainly because she seems to not take sides....

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2