The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

49 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

erm i think she is the type that is on the fence....she is not a person to say bad things about ppl however she will give a democratic answer ... 

Madame Xu always asked for her advise mainly because she seems to not take sides....

If u watch ashes of love, she is the main flower fairy after jinmi mother died. The cast is fairly strong here. 

She is the smart fair n neutral type. Lingyi respect her n always listen when she talks. 

• Like 5
33 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

Ooo I didn't watch ashes...

Ha! I thought I was a rare non-watcher of that drama. It was apparently very popular when it aired. It's still on my to-watch list haha. Too many good dramas to watch. And more GOOD ones are coming soon...  

I'm all caught up for this. It was a satisfying binge. It seemed to end almost as soon as I've started. And some clever editing to end Ep 18 at bedtime. This OTP is a cute and lovely pair.

Btw, I love the drama's medal on some of your side profiles. Nice! :wow:

GIF-otp-ly-injured.gif

Oh no! Our General is wounded! This must be the accidental stabbing segment. Everyone, gotta prepare tissue boxes for more angst to come...

And I can't wait to watch this segment. Why are they crying? I don't think this is due to the upcoming divorce since General is hugging her... But it's definitely the same day, looking at Shiyiniang's clothes.

GIF-otp-cry.gif

Btw, I love Shiyiniang's personal maidservants. Both of them, for now... 

Spoiler

(cos one of them will be bad for her, if it goes according to the novel, but who knows? The adaptation thus far is already different)

syn-maidservants.jpg

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

@oppasaranghaeyomy guess when looking at the segment is she accidentally stab him n when he got up next day n left her a divorce letter. He left to go to some camp but miss her terribly. Shiyi chases after his carriage w the letter in hand. Both are miserable. I think he thinks she din love him at all. N prob want to leave w master ou.

At home she prob almost got chase out by madame xu who says u are not even fit to see houye n u can see brother 5 n 2nd sister in law kneeling in front of madame xu w shiyi. That night she walked in the rain. N i m so very sure houye came back for her. Saw her in the rsin n picked her up. They made up (and the kiss) n finally found they hv fallen for each other. Consummation should be that night. Fingers crossed. 

That's how i joined the dots. From ost, bts n trailer. There is trailer but not from tencent that this is happening in 25 n 26. So i don fully trust. But prob qiao doing again. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 3
1 hour ago, oppasaranghaeyo said:

Oh no! Our General is wounded! This must be the accidental stabbing segment. Everyone, gotta prepare tissue boxes for more angst to come...

And I can't wait to watch this segment. Why are they crying? I don't think this is due to the upcoming divorce since General is hugging her... But it's definitely the same day, looking at Shiyiniang's clothes.

maybe this is why they are going to dump the 5 episodes extra on Wednesday, this way we will live thru the angst and not suffer thru it

1 hour ago, oppasaranghaeyo said:

Btw, I love Shiyiniang's personal maidservants. Both of them, for now... 

Hide contents

(cos one of them will be bad for her, if it goes according to the novel, but who knows? The adaptation thus far is already different)

i definitely going to love DongQing more than Amber....**ahem**

and i hope something will blossom in between DongQing with General Fu, both looks fitting and cute together

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 4
Just now, Yana said:

Hi girls.... just want to let u all know... been missing for 2days now. i was in an accident last Saturday. injured on both of my legs and some on my head. Also... today i lost my grandmother. i will be back soonest. Now i just need time to recover.      LOVE-YANA:heart:

im sorry to hear that....speedy recovery and condolences to you and your family....

:couplehug:

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, Yana said:

Hi girls.... just want to let u all know... been missing for 2days now. i was in an accident last Saturday. injured on both of my legs and some on my head. Also... today i lost my grandmother. i will be back soonest. Now i just need time to recover.      LOVE-YANA:heart:

Dear dear...please take care...sending you hugs & prayers. Sorry for your loss and please get well soon

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

2 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

Yes lots of talking n lots of reason why our houye is falling in love n he hasn't even fully realise yet. Poor guy looks so lost at the changes he is going through. Oh dear. Definitely a reason for angst later. He does not like the raw feeling.  

N almost everyone no2 n 5 are on shiyi ship d. Except for that madame xu. Don u love that slap danyang gave qiao. I almost want to pop a champagne. What a perfect ending to the fengching saga. If i m a man i hv a wife like shiyi i will grab her n keep her lock up tightly haha.. Too precious

But i can see the background of angst are building. Her lying is giving a chance for qiao to weave lots of misunderstanding. Sml being owner of the place is not going help. Her going around snooping n playing detective is not going help. I felt like shiyi is diging a hole to bury herself now. She is being so good to a man she has not yet love. Cam see she start to care but does not really know it yet as well. 

Amber part.. Gosh i feel ill at the idea of sending ur maid to sleep w ur hubby. The madam luo is powerful hungry sick. It is like so disrespectful to the man as well. U treat ur hubby like a animal to do that. I bet she will try  to seduce houye n how would shiyi resolve that in front houye n the maid will be a good watch.. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
4 minutes ago, SnT said:

N almost everyone no2 n 5 are on shiyi ship d. Except for that madame xu. Don u love that slap danyang gave qiao. I almost want to pop a champagne. What a perfect ending to the fengching saga. If i m a man i hv a wife like shiyi i will grab her n keep her lock up tightly haha.. Too precious

DanYang can do that easily because of her status, she is a duke's daughter indirectly i think she is also the kings niece something like that along the way....which is why they called her a 'ZhunJu' and not a 'GongZhu' and Qiao while she might be the first daughter from a good family, her status is drop the day she became a concubine to HouYe....

i like the dig that DanYang is giving Qiao at the same times....and of course i totally love it hahaha....les go pop a champagne together hahaha... :wow2:

7 minutes ago, SnT said:

Amber part.. Gosh i feel ill at the idea of sending ur maid to sleep w ur hubby. The madam luo is powerful hungry sick. It is like so disrespectful to the man as well. U treat ur hubby like a animal to do that. I bet she will try  to seduce houye n how would shiyi resolve that in front houye n the maid will be a good watch.. 

i think ShiYi came rushing in at the very last minute which stop it somehow......

they are giving us Bts and clips that show the worst however things tends to be solve quite good...

just like today HouYe chances upon her entering the embroidery house and giving lesson with her hair down and he was angry with it....however after he came to realize that she did it to help those poor so that they have something to do as the flood had taken out their living hood and making life hard for them....instead of dragging her home, HouYe told General Fu to arrange guard around the shop to ensure ShiYi's safety

10 minutes ago, SnT said:

But i can see the background of angst are building. Her lying is giving a chance for qiao to weave lots of misunderstanding. Sml being owner of the place is not going help. Her going around snooping n playing detective is not going help. I felt like shiyi is diging a hole to bury herself now. She is being so good to a man she has not yet love. Cam see she start to care but does not really know it yet as well.

yes both of them are trying hard not to fall in love with each other however the pull of the attraction with each talk is too great to be ignore.....

ShiYi doesnt go all snide and biting when she deliver her ideas....she gave you her input and at the same times she didnt belittle anything to make her ideas seems great...instead she just tell you....why not  you do it this way? and what you think?? she let you think by yourself and let you decide on your own....

just like how she encourage  the 2nd SIL to take in FeiQing as her son and tell her that she has punish herself enough and she should let the past go....

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMKLqZPJKgo/?igshid=1ojvv6e2h1766

More clips. Both of them digging a pit for qiao i hope. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMKL340J7wm/?igshid=1nva0qc7sp115

I think it is definitely an act/smokescreen between them to draw out the reason for yuanniang death n msybe even her mother death. Because the one houye write w tears is he lee shu not siu shu. Here he says siu shu n look too calm. 

Just wondering if this will happen first or the accident stabbing. I cant wait!!!! 

Edited by SnT
  • Insightful 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@SnT what does he lee shu mean again?

So you suspect that the divorce is possibly arranged by Houye as a trap?

I just finished watching ep 19 and 20...

Spoiler

It's cute that Houye doesn't realize that he's falling for Shiyi and doesn't quite know what to do with himself. I think this tells us that he was never in love with Yuanniang since what he's feeling for Shiyi is new to him. 

I'm glad he knows now that Shiyi has been giving embroidery lessons. I think the less secrets there are between them, the better it obviously is for their relationship. I also think that this gives him a better idea of the kind of person she really is, doing things out of kindness and doing so in secret which means that she has pure motives and not doing it for personal gain.

Also really glad to see Lingyi and Lingkian finally mend their relationship. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

These are the BTS that I subbed so far, I was going to make it easier to use my twitter masterlist but it's locked 

1. Interview [Tencent Press Conference 2020]

https://fb.watch/46qBtIebnV/

2. Episode 10 

https://fb.watch/46qAI1mMTB/

3. Episode 7 [Wedding scene]

https://fb.watch/46qC-I907H/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

25 minutes ago, SnT said:

@Mousehe lee means mutual divorce agreement. He lee always written. In a nicer way like onve part, go on ways etc.

Siu shu means one party divorce the other.. Like houye siu shiyi. It is always on the basis of a grave mistake. N very shaming to the other party. 

So what does that mean then? That Houye doesn't actually want to divorce Shiyi?

• Like 3

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

32 minutes ago, Mouse said:

So what does that mean then? That Houye doesn't actually want to divorce Shiyi?

That means there are two things here. Scenes where both in tears n he gives her he lee shu. The paper she holds is he lee... I could read those chinese words. I think that's is the real prob between them ie accidental stabbing or whatever reasons. Most of scenes she wore a pale green dress. 

There is the paper houye threw to her brother n her brother was so angry saying u really want to siu shiyi. N then she left the manor. Then scenes of houye being nice to qiao till chunge also says he wants mommy. I believe that siu shu is a trap either set by shiyi or the both of them or houye maybe. Mosy of these scenes are having her in pink dress. 

Now my curiosity is so high which happen first, the he lee shu or the siu shu. 

I love how brother 5 kuan describe houye...one thing is meant to control one thing. Like nature mouse is scare of cat (he din say this but he use  some tofu example). Saying that lingyi finalky met his match. Chunge just so cute n innocent... Whatever mommy says daddy will do n he never get angry hahaha.... Even a kid can tell. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2