Drama Challenge!

stroppyse

Sorry People , I have been so late to The Party.... 

1.  First Drama Completed in 2021 – Sword and The Brocade

2.  Most annoying Second Lead – I don’t know how many of you Guys are watching Now , We are breaking up , the second lead there seemed to be most pathetic. Every time they come on Screen , I want to scream – oh God , just date already. Female Second Lead kisses the Male Second Lead out of the blue everytime but she wont date him. She just wants to date him contractually. How insane is that !!! 

3. Favourite OST – Ommooo , there are just so many. Adrenaline from Vincenzo , Three of the Sound Tracks from YAMG , JIRISAN OSTs plus Jin Songs and latest coming home video.

4.  An Actor/Actress You were happy to see in 2021 – Definitely Jun Ji Hyun takes the first place. Then comes Song Joong Ki , Yang Yang , Wallace Chung , jing Boran , Park Hyung Sik , Yang Zi. Kim Bum from Law School.

5. Dramas where you wish the leads would end up with someone else – Han So Hee’s character in that pathetic drama – called Nevertheless. I sooo wished she will wake up.

6. Most Disappointing Drama in 2021 –Sisnyphus , Hand Down. Second will be Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha. It started off Good, but somehow it lost its momentum. It could have been far far more better. Kim Seon Ho is simply doing good because he has been able to create a strong fan base but it is imperative for him to latch onto better projects while this backing of fans are still there. Because only then one can remain in this showbiz with continued success. Third will be Novoland Pealr Eclipse . Considering I am a fan of all three Actors , It could still not hold me into it.

7. A Drama that made you laugh most – Vincenzo , Hospital Playlist 2.

8. A Drama that made you cry the most – Navilliera.

9. The Best Villain You watched this year – I think I will give it to Ye Jiahui from The Psychologist. Everytime he comes on the screen wearing those black clothes , he actually gives off an ominous aura. He is villain , he caused harm to lead actress and her professor but you can actually understand his reasons.

10. Favourite Character – There are just so many. Qing Kaiyi (Jing Boran ) from The Psychologist , YuTu(Yang Yang) from YAMG , Vincenzo , He Dun (Yang Zi) from The Psychologist , Yi Hyun(Park Hyung Sik) and Sae Bom (Han Hyo Joo) from Happiness , Hong Cha Young from Vincenzo , Kang Hyun-Jo from Jirisan (Ju ji Hoon ). There are just too many.

11. Actor/Actress with The Weirdest Make Up and Cloth – Ummmmm Jun Ji Hyun in both Ashin of The North and Jirisan Press Conference.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I am habituated looking at her like this -

spacer.png

12. Your Guilty Pleasure Drama of 2021- Hands down , You Are My Glory.

13. A Drama you dropped – Sisyphus , Yumi's Cell.

14. An Actor/Actress you discovered this year – Jeon Yeo Been , Shin Hyun Been and Kim Yeo Jin from Vincenzo.

15. Best Chemistry (Romantic & Non Romantic ) – Vincenzo and and Jang Han Seo / Vincenzo and Cha Young /  YuTu and Jing Jing

16. A Picture of Your Favourite Scene –

spacer.png

17. A Character You want to feed - Dr. Jang Gyeo-Ul because she can eat like a pig since she does not get to eat much ,,,lol.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

14 hours ago, Tofu said:

Of course!! I created this drama challenge card and sometimes I don't even follow the prompt accurately. HAHAHAHA!! 

Oh well, it's Dilraba. Gorgeous face, but as of now, she only looks good when she's wearing clothes that cover her bony arms and protruding shoulders. 

14 hours ago, Tofu said:

YESSSSSSSSS! My two favs from Miss the Dragon. 

I'm watching Deng Wei now in I am the Years, You are the Star. 🙂 It's still mostly a light-hearted drama as of Ep12, but a lot of what the drama is about

Spoiler

Death, mortality, sickness, suicide, euthanasia, funeral rites, what happens to the one who died and to those left behind - certainly not for viewers that might have problems with the morbid theme.

• Like 6

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

Day 17 - An actor I want to feed

Gosh, where do I even start with this??? So many Asian actors and actresses fit into this category. Right now, Kim Hye Yoon who is in Secret Royal Inspector and Joy looks almost skeletal. She's definitely lost weight since Extraordinary You. Jo Bo Ah from Tales of the Nine Tailed also strikes me as needing at least 1 good meal.

Then again, in the dramas, an amazing and complicated meal seems to be a green salad with tomato and cucumber slices, and this is apparently eaten at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so no wonder all the actors and actresses need a good meal. I know that you also see a lot of noodles, pasta, steak, and Korean barbeque, but the noodles seem to be shorthand for being poor but tasty (it's the salt and msg that makes them taste good) and no one actually seems to eat the pasta or steak since they get interrupted before they actually even chew a bite. And the Korean barbeques are clearly labeled as infrequent affairs, assuming that they actually get to eat that versus just drinking in the scene.

Just about every female idol I've ever seen seems to starve herself, going for a waif look where a strong wind could knock them off their feet. When they have on something that shows their legs and they're almost skeletal, it feels extreme.

I guess male idols are also frequently on insane diets, but they don't bare painfully thin arms and legs as much as the women seem to.

• Like 4

Day 18 An older drama that I watched this year. 

The one that immediately came to mind was 'Lawless Lawyer' with Lee Jun Ki and Seo Ye Ji. Such a good drama! Plus, it has Judge Cha who is such a cold blooded villain who knows how to work the system to her advantage in almost every case. Well, until the OTP bring her down, of course. This drama was a lot funnier than I expected, and also well acted, well paced, and well directed.

• Like 5

Dec 19/20 - Right, how do I feel on this? My attention span per episode is 45min max in general. More than that, I'd drop it. I can only watch longer than an hour for a movie.

I don't care on how much episodes if it is an original story developed as drama.

However, if the drama is based on a novel, I'd want the drama to be as close as possible to the original story. If there are too many filler scenes that do nothing to the drama, then by all means, shorten it. If there were important scenes that were chucked to lessen the number of episodes, then I want more episodes.

Lesser episodes - Summer's Desire

More episodes - Novoland Pearl Eclipse (7 episodes! 😬)

Advance posting of 21st:

Dec 21 - my current watch I am the Years, You are the Star. There aren't many morbid themed dramas that can be considered fantasy, mystery, rom-com, and slice of life. I love watching it for the thought provoking views and conversations.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

D20 A drama needed more episodes - A Witch's Diner and Adult Trainee (for the couple from E3-5).

In advance...

D21 A drama I normally wouldn't watch - Squid Game

@SilverMoonTea LOL, I've been seeing everyone says the same thing recently "I don't usually watch idol drama..." and I unfortunately can't join the bandwagon because I had seen Cha Eun Woo's Top Management and Soul Plate (so cringe-worthy).:laugh: The song you posted no bad ah. It caught my attention already from the piano in the beginning.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Cha Eun Woo's Top Management

Don't worry ...this is nothing like Top Management. I should know since I just watched it . :laugh:The plot for LMBYK and the actors especially the leads are good in their roles and pretty seasoned. 

@SilverMoonTea is right on this one. 

D21 ...not a question I can answer ...why? Cause there's no genre that I don't watch. Throw my oppa there and I'll suffer bad plots , scary zombies, bad comedy. :lmao2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

Day 17: Probably Luo Yunxi. He's so skinny!

@mademoiselle Stroppyse actually came up with this one about feeding someone. Hahaha!

Day 18: Hot Stove League, Duel, and Avengers Social Club. Loved all three and are my top favorite dramas I watched this year. 

Day 19: So many Chinese dramas I watched this year. Haha!

Day 20: Adult Trainee, but only of Yu Ra and Nam Ho. 

Day 21: Umm...probably Adult Trainee. Hahaha! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
On 12/16/2021 at 9:28 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

@bairamaI think we need to resign from this drama challenge together? Hahahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm saying yes to myself!

On 12/17/2021 at 2:34 PM, mademoiselle said:

Jing Jing (You Are My Glory) because Dilraba is TOO SKINNY in there and probably still is now!

ah true, I'm honestly after seeing much of entertainment world having such concern of standard of 'slim'

and many C-actress I see has too slim figure.. ?

Don't throw me blocks, C-ent lovers :scaredpanda2: or is it their metabolism? I just hope it is not eating disorder something,

what I know about Dilraba she can eats very well but some roles need her to keep thin, and after that her metabolism hard to gain. Idk

• Like 3

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

22 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Is there any rewards for completing the challenge without fail? I think me and @mademoisellehave been a top straight A student? 

My boss would tell me there's no such thing as a participation award, but I'm down for giving you a badge of your choosing if you can convince @stroppyse @NiteWalker and @abs-oluteM:lmao2:

Day 22: Best Produced Drama -- Not sure if it's the best produced but it's really incredible, so...Luoyang.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3