Drama Challenge!

stroppyse

Day 1: Hua Jai Sila, the crazy revenge Thai lakorn I loved so much. :lmao2:

CtLwhTo.jpg

Day 2: I talk about this enough that I feel like everyone knows now but just in case, General Go in River Where the Moon Rises and Jang Tae Jin in Dali and Gamjatang. :pandarage2:

GBxZn99.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

D1 of course the 1st drama i completed is The Sword and the Brocade

LKp9pKS.jpg

D2 Most annoying one is this guy....he treat someone nice is mainly because he has motive....dislike him

1. XiaoHan from 'To Fly with You' currently airing

TFWY-04.jpg

and also this girl....XiaoChing, she as a figure skater herself couldnt understand the main lead desire that she actually had the gale to call the guy to give up his dream! who happen to be XiaoHan's sister!!!

TFWY-05.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

D-1 She Would Never Know was my first official 2021 drama where I decided I will adopt @mademoiselle main man , Rowoon, into my oppa list.  But I did finish Run On and The Uncanny Counter at the start of 2021 , both dramas  started airing in 2020. 

D-2 Tae Jin in Dali &  Gamjatang annoyed me no end and the 2nd FL - Xi Wei in cdrama Once We Get Married was so irritating and she had many scenes too :psweatduck:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Day 1 - The Uncanny Counter

FFiK_q2WQAAK-Rd?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Day 2 - Jang Tae Jin (Dali & Gamjatang) and Lee Hyo Joo (She Would Never Know).

FEjlm6QVUAAg5bC?format=jpg&name=large  EpZwiCMVEAARISW?format=jpg&name=medium

Non-second leads but the most annoying supporting roles had to go to one actor who played the Clown President (The Devil Judge), the abusive CEO (The Deluxe Taxi) and Oh Ju Hyung (Happiness).

Spoiler

FFLUwEYaUAIhjvo?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 2

Hi to all, rookie here I hope it is okay joining this challenge... :smile:

• Day 1 | First Drama Completed in 2021Yanxi Palace: Princess Adventures - I had been Missing the epicness of Wei Yinglou and wanted to check if her daughter had any of her ruthlessness and strategems. She is not as smart as Yinglou but one thing I can say is that, she has the viciousness and the takes-no-prisoner type personality. I like her. 

7e56346e76723bbf8c7140c688d4b23f99a10b67

• Day 2 | Most Annoying Second Leads (of dramas watched 2021): Honesty / Truth - Park Seung Jae & Lee Shin Hee were just annoying and didn't do much of anything else. I like watching old drama and I am so happy when old ones get subbed, sadly this one was not that interesting. This one really did not stand the test of time.

9e35f45e4177957d727edb6d9f7af147b0e2ab51

7ecf026709927393479ba8eb150de737e6b748cc

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

D3 - Favourite OST

This is a hard category to choose. Korean OSTs are an eye opener for me. So many good ones.

18 hours ago, czakhareina said:
  • Day 1Yanxi Palace: Princess Adventures - I had been Missing the epicness of Wei Yinglou and wanted to check if her daughter had any of her ruthlessness and strategems. She is not as smart as Yinglou but one thing I can say is that, she has the viciousness and the takes-no-prisoner type personality. I like her. 

I love love love Wei Yingluo too, and also Nie Yuan as emperor. I think I've watched that 70 episode drama more than 10 times. But I always start fron ep42 😂

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 4
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Day 1 First drama finished in 2021: First drama finished was Hot Stove League - it was a late watch but I marathoned it and enjoyed it so much. I love the strategising, was a fan of all the leads....also it was my first time seeing Chae Jong Hyeop :BulbaOWO:

cA0cphb.jpg

Day 2 Annoying second leads in 2021: I think I'm lucky this year as I didn't watch a lot of dramas with crazy second leads. I think I didn't really watch a lot of crazy love triangles. For Kdramas, probably didn't like the wishy-washy second lead Ji Soo from A Piece of Your Mind . And she was barely in the drama except for her voice :lol: ...She's lead with Chae Jong Hyeop in their new drama though :psweatduck: I hope she plays a better first lead character. If it had to be from a drama that was made in 2021, that I watched in 2021, then probably Kang Soo Jin, the second lead in True Beauty. I don't like the 'jealous, perfectionist' arc they gave her :nervous:

For Taiwanese dramas, Lui Po Ya from The Devil Punisher - wasn't keen on the character and the love triangle, the fact he was villain was so obvious and the actor seemed like he might be new to acting? He wasn't very convincing with his role. :PikachuFacePalm:

Those characters annoyed me so much that I'm not even going to put up a picture :pandarage2::laugh:

Day 3 Favourite OST in 2021: I'm going to say For Kdrama The Witch's Diner - it was kind of beautifully haunting and spooky. Also I bought it and it was signed :) :pandawizard:

For Taiwanese dramas, it's Rainless in a Godless Land - I feel like the music really sets the mood for this series. A lot of longing and sadness...but also props to the singers for promoting the indigenous Amis culture of Taiwan (some songs have indigenous lyrics).:heart:

Also I love the strange Taiwanese band names :laugh:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

• Day 3 | Fave OSTShow Window: The Queen's House's "Hello" by Hickee. it is such a sexy mood and vibe music. This has a very '50 Shades of Grey' groove or the "You" Stalker/killer feel. Which this drama has both of those. So as much as I hate the premise of the drama, this is such a perfect music score for this drama.

bee5b14c17542c941c13b8927533776dda899483

7 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I love love love Wei Yingluo too, and also Nie Yuan as emperor. I think I've watched that 70 episode drama more than 10 times. But I always start fron ep42 😂

I love that drama. Wei Yinglou is so iconic, and yeah the parts with so much rewatch value is the part when she makes a comeback. 

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Oh this is so hard, since I like many OSTs.... but there were a few that I kept playing on repeat...

Vincenzo: I'm always by your side by John Park

The Red Sky : Is It Me ? Baekhyun

And also love this one from Lost which sets the tone of the drama

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I like Challenges like this but I never tried one before. Let's goooo.

Day 1: The Romance of Hua Rong

https://i.mydramalist.com/qo63zf.jpg

Credits to mydramalist.com

It was my first drama after a big slumb and I enjoyed it.  And season two is coming soon. I hope it's coming soon :laugh:

Day 2: Seo Jung Woo from My Girl and Fan Yun Xi from Love at Night

https://i.mydramalist.com/aeVnef.jpg

My Girl: Seo Jung Woo

I am sorry but he annoyed me a little bit. She likes someone else and she will never like you back. Her heart only beats for the ML. (Lol this sounds weird but you know what I mean) I mean really?

Spoiler

You proposed to her?

Really? You know that she likes/loves your friend so why are you doing that? Why are you hurting yourself like that?? Ahhhhh this guy :mad:

ZbKr8_3f.jpg

Love at Night: Fan Yun Xi

I just hate him :laugh: It's not even funny but this guy is sooo annoying.

Spoiler

You're a cheater and you see her as a thing.... there is nothing more to say. She belongs to you? She is not a freaking thing! No one belongs to anyone. She belongs to herself and that's it! If he is a nice guy I think I would maybe like him a little bit or I would feel a little bit sorry for him. Okay about this part I am not really sure. Cheating is really not okay but if I see that he is working on himself and I see that he is really feeling sorry about it maaaybe I would forgive him and actually like him but well that's not happening so bye.

Day 3: You can't do that to me. I have to many. So here are my Top 5 fav. OSTS.

1. Miss Crow with Mr. Lizard

2. Moonlight

3. The Day of Becoming You

4. Angel's Last Mission: Love

5. Nevertheless

Day 4: Nam Ji Hyun

Profile] Nam Ji Hyun (남지현) – kimagecandy

Credits to kimagecandy.wordpress.com

The one and only Nam Ji Hyun. She is one of my favs so of course I was happy to see her again. She even had a Special Drama this year. It is really sad to see her only once a year but I am really happy to see her on screen. The Witch's Diner was definitely to short but I am fine :cry: I am still waiting and hoping that she accepts the offer for Little Women :heiboi:

Day 5: Lookpat and Kin from The Prince Who Turns into a Frog

4xNXZ_4f.jpg

I watched the first 9 eps and I was curious so after ep 9 I only watched the parts with the main leads and I was so mad and this drama is on my on hold list now.

Spoiler

I know what she and her family did to him was wrong but what this guy did to her really pisses me off. But telling her to kill herself and almost rape her is the biggest red flag that you could get. And there are more things that he did that really gave me a big headache.

She definitely deserves better. I know that she and the second lead would never end up together (

Spoiler

the second lead is in love with the second female lead so there is no chance between him and the female lead

) but I can dream right? Okay no but the thing is I don't really want her and the second lead to be together I just want them to be best friends or good friends. Or tbh I don't care who she is ending up with but just not the main lead. Red Flags everywhere :JigglyAngry:

Day 6: Cute Programmer

xqQqE_3f.jpg

The trailer made me curious..... and I wish that I just ignored my curiosity. The main lead was a walking red flag. And I hate him. The female lead frustrates me, the second couple was not interesting enough and so many problematic things that triggers me but I don't have enough time for the rant. But yep this drama was a dissapontment for me. 

Day 7: The Day of Becoming You

x1vxj_3f.jpg

Credits to mydramalist and Weibo

Yu Sheng Sheng is that you?

Edited by mayicoryn
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

D-4 is so hard...there were so many actors & actresses I was so happy to see on my screen again like Han Hyo Joo ( who has been away from Drama land for so long) .

But if I had to choose one , it would be Kim Jae Young.  He had been away from acting since his last drama ended at the start of 2020 as he had been going through a slump and said he lost confidence in acting. So it sounded like he was experiencing depression.

Though he played such a crazy obsessed character in Reflection of You, I thought this was great for his career & an unusual choice for a drama comeback.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

• Day 4 |  Actor / actress you glad to see in 2021: Jung Woo in Mad For Each Other. There were a few candidates to really think about like Jeon Do Yeon and Ryu JunYeol in Lost, Ayase Haruka in Tengoku to Jigoku and Lee Junho for The Red Sleeve Cuff. Bu compared to Ayase Haruka who I have not seen in 3 years, or both Jeon Doyeon and Ryu Jeonyeol who I saw last 5 years ago, and Junho who I expected not to see for 2 years due to his compulsory conscription. Jung Woo, I have not see for 8 years since Reply 1994. I was so glad he is back for Mad For Each Other, and it was quirky and fun. and another drama coming soon

386e0297685d35becc695e7eb2ab988500172bbe

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1