Skincare Lounge: Routines, Recs and Reviews

Jane

47 minutes ago, wallflowersforjane said:

Sleep, my dear.  :jkbtsgoodluck:

I am not sure if they are any eye creams that actually reduce dark circles. Puffiness yes, those with the rollerballs or with masks.

Haha yeah I know sleep is the best cure...

But I do have problems falling asleep almost every night so I’ve had dark circles for many many years (since primary school lol).

And it also doesn’t help that I’m an extremely light sleeper and love drinks with caffeine :nervous:

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
30 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Didn't they say dark circles are also a genetic thing?

Yes, they have. I gave up on trying to find an eye cream that works for me. I just use concealer to minimize the appearance of it. LOL!

• Haha 7
On 8/24/2020 at 7:51 PM, mademoisellesia said:

I dislike sunscreens so if I can avoid it, I will.

:shocked2:

How could you?!?! You can forget your underwear but never I repeat never ever step out of your door without sunscreen minimal SPF 30......I have been using sunscreen since I was 13 years old and I can really see the differences between person who rarely uses it and uses it religiously....Find some BB Cream-Sunscreen combo or anything combo if you tend to forget.

@im0202

No product that can eliminated dark circles. The only way is to conceal it with makeup.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Haha 8
  • Heart Eyes 1

@OsmanthusTea I wish I had known to use sunscreen as part of my daily routine at a young age.. unfortunately my sunscreen usage was mostly confined to beach days. Luckily, my foundation contained SPF 30 protection which did wonders for me. Now, the brand I am using doesn't contain sunscreen so I have to put on sunscreen separately. 

As for sleep, getting sufficient sleep and drinking plenty of water are essential.

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 2

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

OMG i was just going to start a thread like this!

so i have REALLY oily skin and really sensitive skin prone to breakouts, and have dry skin around my nose.

i cant really spend a lot on skincare, so do u guys have any good drugstore brands? 

thanks a lot u guys <3

:love:

also @wallflowersforjane suncreen is the bestttttt especially since i have SUPER pale skin and i get sunburned in a matter of seconds, so yeah use ur sunscreen everyone! fun fact: did u know that people who use sunscreen r less likely to get skin cancer? i repeat: USE UR SUNSCREEN PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!:GrimChamp: 

EVEN IF IT SMELLS BAD!!!! :SquirtlePuke:

cuz no one really wants skin cancer... :PikaWutS:  

so please use ur sunscreen!!! :CharmanderOK:

Edited by MMM8P
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

mirmz out

*insert mic drop*

Explosion Mic Drop GIF by P.O.S. - Find & Share on GIPHY

ttyl people <3

3 hours ago, MMM8P said:

so please use ur sunscreen!!

Good job for starting to use sunscreen at your age! Tell all your friends, your skin will thank you when you are older!

I am not as familiar with non-Asian drugstore skincare brands. But if you have access to Korean and Japanese skincare - brands like Etude House, Innisfree and CosRx are in the affordable range. They all have skincare lines for Oily skin that you can look into. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

6 hours ago, wallflowersforjane said:

I am not as familiar with non-Asian drugstore skincare brands. But if you have access to Korean and Japanese skincare - brands like Etude House, Innisfree and CosRx are in the affordable range. They all have skincare lines for Oily skin that you can look into. 

okay thanks for the advice! <3

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

mirmz out

*insert mic drop*

ttyl people <3

On 9/4/2020 at 9:00 AM, MMM8P said:

OMG i was just going to start a thread like this!

so i have REALLY oily skin and really sensitive skin prone to breakouts, and have dry skin around my nose.

i cant really spend a lot on skincare, so do u guys have any good drugstore brands? 

Try Differin for breakouts and oiliness. It used to be prescription only but they are now selling off the shelf.

The drugstore brands I like are Laroche Posay and Avene. But they are french so I am not sure the pricing in US. Have read good reviews about Cerave. I like Olay too but it tends to be heavy although there is some new Air range.

1565532744-differin-gel-1565532728.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;center,top&resize=768:*

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1
3 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Try Differin for breakouts and oiliness. It used to be prescription only but they are now selling off the shelf.

The drugstore brands I like are Laroche Posay and Avene. But they are french so I am not sure the pricing in US. 

That's exactly what my derm advised! So seconding this recommendations!

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

5 hours ago, Chocolate said:

oh yeah i tried that once for spot treatment it was nice!

rn i use this 10% benozyl peroxide cream thingy for acne control. 

also thanks for ur recommendations @Chocolate! <3

Edited by MMM8P
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

mirmz out

*insert mic drop*

ttyl people <3

Embark on a ketogenic or low carb way of eating. At the very least cut down on sugar and processed food.

Yes... it makes a huge difference.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

• 3 weeks later...

Drinking plenty of water, and use moisturisers. I use mild cleansing bars or body wash. I'm using Dove for at least 10 years now.

For the face I prefer gel type moisturisers if I'm not going out. When I need to leave the house, I use face fluids with SPF. When I have to wear makeup, I put moisturisers twice: the gel type, then the normal cream or fluid, then only afterwards that I put on foundation and "war paint". I love the hyaluronic acid products line of L'Oréal Paris. 

And don't forget the lips. 🙂 I apply petroleum jelly to mine after bath or brushing and before sleeping. I'm often using only tinted lip balms or lip gloss, and would only use lipsticks if I really have to.

Lastly, always wash and clean the face before sleeping. 😉

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

• 2 months later...

I really neglected selfcare since wfh, slacking cos no need to meet ppl that often. Haha... I think I need to apply back all those moisturiser. I felt like 1 tube never finished. I'm working to finish my Caudalie before it's expired lols. 

@mademoiselleI also dislike spf, but aloe Vera Skin Food brand is the most tolerable for me. As its not sticky. Still I also prefer to go out without it.

Btw you guys don't have problem, have a lot of skincare but never use them? Cos I did lols.... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

7 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I really neglected selfcare since wfh, slacking cos no need to meet ppl that often. Haha... I think I need to apply back all those moisturiser. I felt like 1 tube never finished. I'm working to finish my Caudalie before it's expired lols. 

I have been neglecting it too, especially sunscreen. Sigh. 

The mask-ne sucks so much. Just when I think I tamed a bunch of spots, another bunch pops up. :psweatduck: I have switched to La Roche Posay's Effaclar range recently. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

• 4 weeks later...

Skin type: Dry, sensitive, acne prone

Budget: Drugstore

Current Routine:

1. CeraVe Hydrating Cream-to-Foam Cleanser

2. COSRX Galactomyces essense

3. CeraVe Moisturizer for Dry to Very Dry Skin - it makes my skin oily urggh 

4. Isdin Dry Touch SPF 50

Body:

1. Dove nourishing body wash

2. Neutrogena facial scrub for my back acne

3. Almond oil (if I'm not lazy)

4. Dove Intensive Nourishment lotion 

My face is not glowing but I don't get rashes either. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

If you need a push to check out La Roche Posay's products? :smug:

But on a serious note, I have been using their Effaclar range for more than few months now and it has helped to calm down my maskne break outs. Another good range is Innisfree Bija series (I use the gel cream as my night moisturiser).

• Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

27 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@Jane maskne problem is quite real! Nowadays I often got 1 or 2 pimples in the mask areas. I normally got it resolved with 3M acne stickers... But this stickers not so cheap lols... 

I have A LOT! And they spread down my neck. I would have to use many stickers. But now it's back to 1 - 2 pimples at least.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2