Start-Up 스타트업 [2020]

Jane

FUN BET : Who will Dalmi end up with ?   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Dalmi will end up with? Now think carefully as this is a bet. Winners can use a profile picture of their OTP. But LOSERS will have to use the face of DoSan's cousin , Nam Cheon Ho

• Do San
    • Ji Pyeong
    • No one
    • It doesn't matter to me ( specially for Mademoiselle :P)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2020 at 11:09 AM

11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

More importantly, doesn't all contracts have a cooling period where within 5-14 business days one can change their mind without having to pay penalty for breaking the contract? Realistically this contract can still be broken. They would just lose the money (and left with 50 million from Sand Box).

Maybe it'll be covered in the next episode...like it'll split the team on what they want because maybe DS wants a change? Like it's less about being stuck in a contract as DS realising he wants to accomplish something? :heiboi:

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

A thought keeps going through my mind:

If Do San goes to the US and he and Dalmi exchange letters/emails, they'll be real pen pal this time :pandaheadstomp:

LOL. This is an important point. But actually that's something else I wanted to mention. Even though she's come to realise JP was the letter writer and the letters were so important all her life....it doesn't seem like she cares about them anymore? I mean she didn't seem wondrous or curious about the letter...like how much of them were true? Did JP really want to play go stop? How did JP meet her grandma in the first place? :thinking:

I guess by this point she's already put DS in her heart. It's that thing where you meet someone and you start to like them and other things that use to feel important just drift away...

7 hours ago, bairama said:

kinda rooting for Saha knocks at least the boys of Samsan. She is kinda reality check for them too (but turns more in feelings and common sense? Unfortunately not in this probably Alex's bait).. These naives in the biz is too much including their feelings into work I get upset too that most of times they didn't use Jipyeong's power as mentor in professional way. Only Dalmi that sincerely likes him & takes his opinion in professional matters too. Aih.. They will learn much from it. 

Hahaha, yes, I didn't like Saha at first, but I think I'm enjoying her being Samsan Tech with the boys. I think her bluntness makes her like JP, refreshing in that she does not have a filter or try to hold back :smile: But she is softened by those around her! As for JP, yes, they don't use him as a resource enough, but I guess both parties just don't like each other - he gives them a hard time. 

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@bairama Yeah. So silly that they don't take advantage of Ji Pyeong's experience for gain. They started off in the wrong foot so from the very beginning they hated Ji Pyeong. When an impression of someone is so bad that it's hard to put personal feelings aside and not question his/her intention each time. It's about growth and development so this will be a very good lesson for them.

I agree with you. Sometimes personal feelings make all the difference. They could be the best person in the industry with all the knowledge about something. But if you don't connect and don't feel respected by that person or don't respect that person yourself, it's going to be hard to work together. And I think JP is harsher on them because he feels frustrated by them, just as they feel he is uptight and snobby. They can't see eye to eye. :pandascared:

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Tonight’s episode will be critical to whether JP has any chance . 

Mmm, I feel like the last episode was pretty clearly in DS's favour. Because he's been in front of her and working on her level this whole time. And he kind of has a gentle and steady nature about him. That epilogue was pretty sweet :hearties:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

SPOILERS eps 12

Oh dear did DS just take it out on JP. 

So they finally have scene of them eating together. 

Gosh....I am so sad for HJP . He sees Halmoni using the app...but he doesn't tell her he knows

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Shocked 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Dosan simply wasn't listening, and I feel that he hasn't been listening to JP's advice from the start, whether JP was giving unsolicited advice pre-Sandbox or at Sandbox. If JP had not stopped them the previous time from stupidly giving those "investors" their technology, and JP - harsh as he might have seemed - they wouldn't even have lasted long enough to enter Sandbox. At this point, I'm just so annoyed with Dosan and Yongsan.

I agree wholeheartedly that DS and YS haven't really been listening to JP...but I also do think that he doesn't listen to them too. It's a bit of a 2 way street because of their past histories - DS and JP fight over DM and DS think JP looks down on him, while JP think DS has wedged himself into their lives. YS and JP have the brother issue and YS thought of him as snobby/ JP just thought of him as unambitious. It's hard to get past grudges and it's just human nature. I think JP is very practical and smart....but he's only going to charm those he needs  (Business people) or wants (DM), not those who are annoying him (Samsan Tech) :laugh:

2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

The twins - I'm not so sure if their willingness to ditch Injae Company is a trait desired by Silicon Valley. I think the scene was more there to be juxtaposed against Dosan - he's actually as good as if not better than the twins as an engineer, but he's clearly not succeeded all this while unlike the two because he has no desire to grow. He's hesitant to move forward and what tethers him makes him unable to grow. He cannot see the opportunities ahead of him because he fears challenges. And again, for me, that annoys me! I work with youths professionally and it is really very frustrating when you see potential being limited by such myopia and fears.

Good analysis and yep, I'm pretty sure that leaving question is like one that is used at job interviews...who wants an employee who looks eager to leave and start somewhere new...it's like that saying with cheaters, "if they cheated on someone to be with you, chances they'll do it again, but this time to you"...same goes for serial job leavers :laugh: 

I think DS is half the world to be honest. I don't think it's a bad thing necessarily. With DS, he may fear challenges, but he's moving at his own pace which is still moving. If you compare that to YS's brother who seemed to be ambitious but unable to handle it all, I think it's better to be a DS and not bite off more than you can chew if it's going to stress you out to that point :YesHalCat: Not everyone can be a leader or a go-getter, but not everyone needs to lead in life either...I see DS as liking challenges in his work (that's how engineers and programmers often are) , but having to learn to like trying new things in his life. I just find DS to be a very realistic and relatable character type which you see all the time in real life, and is refreshing as a drama lead even though I find JP is very cool and self-sacrificing :BulbaOWO:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 5
  • Awesome 1

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

From ep13

Awww JP spending time with "family" & plays Go Stop.

P.S. not sure who the 4th pic is.

Edit: I forgot to say both JP & DS went to see Alex for Noongil before DS flies off. And on the plane looks like DS upgraded Noongil even better to identify medicines.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3

I believe the reason why DM .....

Spoiler

has decided to go work for IJ was because IJ came clean with CEO Yoon about the real story of the swing, and CEO Yoon had told DM she knows the story now. I am happy with the sisters reuniting this way

Alex only wanted the 3 guys from Samsan to go to San Fran. The girls were not part of the deal.

And DS approaches JP to help him get NoonGil developed further - that's when he told about grandma's problem

Also I read that  both JP and DS will end up going to see Alex about it

Sisters scene

Nice to see that JP has a family now @mademoiselle but for me it also means that nothing happened in those 3 years between them assuming that was after the time jump . So maybe I have to change my profile pic:lol:

Preview eps 13

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

@abs-oluteM

Hahaha looks that way coz she still get teary eyes from seeing DS via CS's vlog. This means she misses him.

Looks like DS to the rescue coz something DM working on contracted computer virus.

Yep, you are right. DS told JP about Halmoni's eyes after the fight. He literally begs because noongil is for Halmoni. Seriously i want to smack these 2. They can work together for Halmoni but outside of that they hate each other! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 3

@abs-oluteM This weekend's episode's pushing us towards Dosan :idk: I'm so sad...

But preview has Jipyeong saying he has the right to prevent Dosan from seeing Dalmi :heiboi: I'm so confused.

And preview also shows Jipyeong staying over at her house :eeeee:I'm so happy! 

Aiyah. This silly show.

I wonder if Jipyeong made a move at all in the 3 years. Stupid boy if he didn't.

Jipyeong did get more handsome in the time jump though. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Start Up is such a good drama!!!!!

Definitely on my top 5 kdramas this year. Huhu

Didnt actively post here (I think I only posted once) cause it might end up like RoY for me where I thought it was promising for the first few eps then dropped it even before halfway of the drama. excuse me for RoY fans here. 😘

Already in Ep 12 and the drama is still going strong !!!! It makes you wanna dream big but also hits you with reality. There's a balance for both. It doesnt only entertain me as a viewer but also teaches me a lot of things about starting up a business. I like most especially when they decided of the distribution of shares, I would have done the same but when HanJiPyeong told them of who must have the controlling interest that hits me. Makes me thinking, I should do that!!!hahahah

And speaking of Han JiPyeong, am so happy for Kim SeonHo! Am a big fan of 2d1n and to be honest I was hesitant to watch this drama  because I thought cant unsee him from being the clueless and not so smart character from 2d1n to this genius inventor/CEO in Start Up. Haha. Am I the only one who cracked up during tonight's episode when he said to DalMi's grandma "Im pretending to be smart but I'm not." ????hahaha. I was crying before that then I just cracked up. It reminds me of him in real life. Haha. Seriously though, am happy that a lot of people have noticed him. He is such a good actor. His very detailed expressions give more life to HanJiPyeong.

Yet, I am TeamNamDoSan! Lol. But am afraid to vote in the poll cause I dont want to have his cousin's face in PP in case I lose. Suzy, I think, is perfectly casted on this role. I like the vibe she is giving off as Dal Mi. I just think that In Jae has been given fewer scenes than I expected her to have. But there has not been much of filler scenes for me so I think that it's still reasonable. Saha and Chulsan are too adorable. Sometimes Saha and NamDoSan shows off great chemistry. Sometimes I wish they would have been the one paired. Lol.

I think the drama is rich of substories the writers can explore and it's up to them which ones to take. 

That's it for now, cause it's time to sleep for me!

Start Up fighting!

P.s. 

Lastly when DoSan mentioned about "reset" (re his relationship with Dal Mi), it actually reminded of AhnHyoSeop's (who looks like NJH) line in Dr. Kim Season2. "Reset" which he taught to LeeSunKyung's character, who happens to be NJH's exgirlfriend. Okay bye. Im not making sense anymore. Hahaha. Gdnight!

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 3

In the strong Tower, I take refuge.

-----------------------------------

So far my top 2020 K-Dramas are 1. Hospital Playlist 2. Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim Season Two 3. CLOY 4. IONTBO

5 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I don't want to watch already :cry::laugh:

Hahahah... I was thinking that last night also. But Jipyeong look so handsome in the preview leh... hahahah... watching for all the shallow reasons now. Hee hee hee...

But seriously, that scene with Halmeoni. My hearteu! 

Made Hubby watch last night’s episode with me. He now thinks too that writer is pushing us towards Dosan. “Maybe in the process of writing his character, she also started to feel this is the direction to go.” Sigh. “If Dosan is the one, she will wait 3 years. Meanwhile, placing Jipyeong in the mentor position also puts a distance between them.” Which I feel so too. Realise he hasn’t made a single move all this while? Not even when he confessed to her his feelings. Now why is that? Respectful of her? Respectful of Halmeoni’s wishes? He’s the noble idiot here. And what’s the age gap between them in the show? 6 years?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Sad 2

I am going to say that ep.14 by far is my most favourite episode. Why? Because it shows a lot of contemplation and growth for almost all of the characters... I have so much to comment on, I hope I remember everything. I will put it in point form because I might be jumping around.

-  @abs-oluteM the twitter you posted above about DS venting his failure on JP... I know you posted it before watching with subs, but it just goes to show how misleading a tweet could be which might add to the hate towards DS. When I saw the fighting scene, I could totally understand why DS was venting his anger (not failure) at JP, because NoonGil was important for him and DM but JP, not knowing it's for Halmoni, looked down on it because it's not profitable, from business point of view. It's not fair for JP since he wasn't told the truth, but I personally think he could use a beating or two so he could soften his approach towards things and people.

-  @Chocolate The review you posted from @wildanonymous... I really like the part where she mentioned about the personal motivation of some of the Samsan Team. It's so true that with those kinds of motivation, it will be hard to be successful in business. However, it's also so real that many young kids started off like that. This is why this drama has been such a refreshing watch for me, because it reflects a lot about real life out there. 

-  I dislike the way DM "pushed" DS to leave for Silicon Valley. Why choose to do it on his birthday of all days? If people are saying JP should learn how to communicate better, DM should do that too. She doesn't have to remind DS that he is not the writer of the letters, although I can see that she is trying to cut all ties by saying that and by returning the ball or rather the "dream" to DS. It's not like she cares anymore who write the letters. After finding out, we don't see her trying to get closer to JP. I am amazed that she actually recorded her late night chat with DS, so as not to miss anything? or so she can listen to his voice again? LOL...

-  About the letters... a lot of viewers are disappointed that the letter exchange has been reduced to insignificance now. My thought on this is that, the letters were never the central part of this story anyway, so I don't have problems with its disappearance of mention or usage. This drama is not like "When the Weather is Fine" where the blog entry of ML was an important feature, mentioned and renewed every episode as the story/relationship progressed. The letters are there to connect the characters of Halmoni, DM, JP, and DS. More for DM-DS connection actually. Because without the faking of identity, DM and DS wouldn't have met at all. The purpose of the letters is so that DM and DS can meet as adults. Just that probably we all love the romantic idea of penpals becoming real couple, don't we? Hahaaa... another writer should pick up on this and make a new drama, because I think Start-Up is more of a "coming of age" workplace drama.

-  From the preview, what right does JP has on DM? I'm guessing he might have been taken into the family "more formally" as in becoming DM's "brother", so he sort of does have a say in whom DM should be dating. I am even going to guess that DM has made it clear that her heart is for DS so both of them are okay with being each other's "adopted" family.

-  We don't know yet what's the deal that JP and DS strike with Alex about NoonGil. Looking forward to it. Alex might seems to be the baddie here, but he is a businessman, and he does what will profit his company. I still see him as having a heart though, to appreciate why DoSan wants to continue developing NoonGil.

I still have more to say, but have to go for now. Hopefully I can continue sharing soon.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Star Struck 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

35 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

@abs-oluteM the twitter you posted above about DS venting his failure on JP... I know you posted it before watching with subs, but it just goes to show how misleading a tweet could be which might add to the hate towards DS. When I saw the fighting scene, I could totally understand why DS was venting his anger (not failure) at JP, because NoonGil was important for him and DM but JP, not knowing it's for Halmoni, looked down on it because it's not profitable, from business point of view. It's not fair for JP since he wasn't told the truth, but I personally think he could use a beating or two so he could soften his approach towards things and people.

Yeah I saw the scene ....hmm i get your point but I am still not happy lol  .  My oppa's pretty face :cry:ahahaha. Don't mind me. I felt that JP's points were valid and I just see JP's approach as a strict teacher but he was telling the truth.  Sorry but DS had no right to punch his face . He could have just told JP why Noongil was so important. But then I suppose the scene was important for dramatic tension. 

Anyhow, I do agree that this episode is a growth episode for all concern. It does show you the harsh reality of how hard it is to start your own thing. It is not a bed of roses, and things may not always turn out the way you expect. The time jump should be interesting. 

-----------------------

The pitch at Sandbox reminded of shows like Shark Tank - this is a programme where start-ups can pitch their products / ideas & see if they can attract investors , and the questions are asked are equally as harsh. How can the investors not be? You are asking them to invests lots of money. And when you pitch flawed or ridiculous ideas, the judges can be quite critical

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

6 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

one questions.... who will Bae Suzy - Seo Dal-Mi end up with?...... if possible i dont want her to end up with Nam Joo Hyuk character :x

I advise you not to start till the drama ends in two weeks ...I will tell you then.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Amazing! @ktcjdrama, you have picked my brain read my mind today. There are a lot of similar thoughts we both shared for some scenes, particularly the part where Do San and Ji Pyeong fought. I, too, agree (and noticed) Do San only got angry and yelled at Ji Pyeong to stop because he mentioned Noongil being unprofitable etc. Do San chased Ji Pyeong down and the first thing he said was asking Ji Pyeong must he hurt people (in this case, Dalmi).

@abs-oluteM I agree there's no need to punch; however, I think Do San had pent up feelings with how Ji Pyeong delivers his opinions and because this time it is related to Dalmi so he lost control. I just see it as siblings fighting after that. I did get a bit "aiyoo, sayang" he got a super big bruise on his eye when he was at Han River whereas Do San had nothing much. How could he lose this badly (totally missing the point here :psweatduck:)

@ktcjdrama You are also spot on about "personal motivation" or "personal agenda/personal feelings" albeit they all truly also aimed to succeed. Ji Pyeong only offered to be a mentor because of Dalmi. His heart was not at the right place. Yong San wants to "revenge" and Do San wants to succeed and be better than Ji Pyeong because of Dalmi. Moreover, their partnership has risk because it was built on the lie and led by an inexperience person like Dalmi, which is probably the main reason this start-up business had to fail the first time.

Now that we're nearing the end, I agree about the letters were insignificant. It was just a gimmick to make Do San and Dalmi meet, a conflict that was required to challenge the OTP's relationship in the formulaic kdrama romance. Also, Dalmi glorified penpal Do San so much that she never really gave a chance to any men she dated in the past until she got to know the real Do San disguising as penpal Do San.

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

From the preview, what right does JP has on DM? I'm guessing he might have been taken into the family "more formally" as in becoming DM's "brother", so he sort of does have a say in whom DM should be dating.

This is hilarious. I was thinking about this on my way to work this morning! But "I think I have the right" may not mean Dalmi. It is likely taken out of context and could be about Halmoni or Noongil. Let's say if the preview is exactly what we think it is, then yes, maybe in that 3 years, Ji Pyeong has become family - either samchun (because Halmoni is like his mom) or a hyung, or he plays both roles.

There are many points I couldn't agree with the review from wildanonymous because it was written and clouded by anger. There are also some choice of words which I feel inappropriate. For instance, on Dalmi "abandoning" Halmoni. I don't think that's the right word choice. Dalmi has a chance of a lifetime to work for a prestige company for 3 years. Someone like her who didn't have much specs, that's a big deal. Anyone would be entice by this especially Dalmi who had previously quit a job she was promised to be promoted if she worked hard. She is shown worried about Halmoni, so that is not at all out of character and there's still In Jae and Mom there and Ji Pyeong around.

I see many are angry about the story development. I still find it engaging and see it as growth for all of them (except Sa Ha since we don't know what her plan is). Because they started out with personal motivation/incorrect agenda, so they are "meant to fail". Separately, Samsan boys set out to the real world (who is to say they would not not meet anybody worst than Ji Pyeong)? As for Dalmi, I totally think she made the right choice to go to In Jae. If she goes to any other companies, she stands no chance because she had no university degree. With In Jae, it isn't because they are siblings but because Dalmi has proven herself to In Jae during their Sand Box competition and In Jae knows and acknowledges it too. As we know Dalmi has good ideas. In addition, the benefit that Dalmi will get for working with In Jae is more gain than loss, so she's willing to swallow her pride. Not only the business is new (so Dalmi gets to see/learn from scratch) and it is similar to what she worked on, and with In Jae leading since In Jae is so much more experience, she's also learning directly how a CEO makes decision. She also has Ji Pyeong to ask since both work at Sand Box.

As for Alex, when he goes back on his words and when he gave a wishy-washy answer about Noongil. Gosh, he plays a businessman so damn well. That's how real life business people are (I've one in the company). So shifty, can't be trusted. But business is business that's why even Ji Pyeong couldn't argue with him. :pandarage: It also doesn't benefit the kids to fight him. He's so powerful he could damage and hinder their future if he truly wants to. I do think eventually Noongil will profit because Dalmi had the idea of providing service to the general public.

Since they're going to have time jump next week and there are practically 4 episodes more... this can only mean they might reunite and start-up business again Sand Box style. And this time, everyone has mature and more equipped to succeed.

@abs-oluteM @Chocolate I've voted for the poll. I've chosen who I believe will be in the finale based on logic and story-telling. However, I'm still fine with either one of them.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

I love your neutral thoughts @mademoiselle thats what I want vent on my mind too. Episode 12 is pushing Dosan as character.. But I really like how this episode is giving major learn for all the chars somehow. And even Injae tells the sandbox truth. Love it.

I just hope also the writers not pushing Jipyeong char to be whining on later episode lol. Because the fact is during the show, JP is been very passive and laid back maybe because he is maturer for aproaching Dalmi's heart. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 4

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

Taking in everyone’s POV. Here’s mine:

1. Nam Dosan and Han Jipyeong slugging it out.

Spoiler

I thought it was a bit of both - his being angry at Jipyeong for his careless words since Noongil was inspired by Halmeoni’s condition, as well as him just taking the rest of his pent up frustration out on Jipyeong. He knows that in many ways Jipyeong has been right, especially about his naivety, and it was exactly that which got Dalmi fired from (what was) his company. Hence when Halmeoni asked Jipyeong what happened and he said he’d gotten into a fight, and Halmeoni said he would never be the first to pick nor cause a fight, she wasn’t wrong. I can see why some spectators would fault Dosan for it (subs or not) - I do. He did throw the first punch afterall. And except for the reflex return punch, Jipyeong was mostly receiving the hits. I don’t think I can fault Jipyeong for this at all - he didn’t know, and they cannot fault him for what they chose to withhold as information from him. Halmeoni told Dosan not to tell Dalmi and Jipyeong. He opted to tell Dalmi but continued to withhold it from Jipyeong despite knowing the relationship Jipyeong has with Halmeoni. He was keeping information for his own benefit. His working on Noongil was also not entirely altruistic. All he’s done so far, he’s done to please Dalmi. I can’t help but see this as contribution towards a future disaster (irl). 

2. Dalmi’s (sudden) disregard for the letters.

Spoiler

I disagree that the letters no longer serve a purpose. If they do - which sadly they seem like they have - it’s poor follow through on the writer’s part. The letters were a very important foundational premise for the entire story and cannot simply serve as a convenient tool to allow the characters to meet. The fact that they met through the letters must point to the significance of the content of these letters. So many scenes and references have been devoted to the letters. Dalmi was hung up on them for 15 years; she fell back on the “Dosan of the letters” when confronted by what would become a significant encounter with her sister after all that time; she thought a lot about it even after apparently meeting the “Dosan of the letters”; she keeps the letters close at hand all time when she works; she got ballistically angry when she found out she had been lied to; Dalmi gave Halmeoni the cold shoulder cos of the letters; Halmeoni and Jipyeong reconnected deeply because of the letters, without which Halmeoni would not have come to Jipyeong for a favour; Jipyeong had the entire stash of letters with him for 15 years; Dosan built a persona he so desperately wanted to keep based on the letters. How can the letters suddenly lose significance? More than half the show has been based on the letters. We can’t be done with the letters yet, but how will the time jump affect their importance?

3. Samsan Tech boys, Alex and Sandbox

Spoiler

Alex is no more villain than the guy in the organisation that has to say the unpleasant in a politically correct way. I continue to think that he has not lied to Dosan in any way. He made it very clear that Dosan was who he wanted to hire. He said he would be willing to consider the rest of the team depending on how they did at Demo Day. Dosan also made it clear that the way to “acqhire” him was to buy all of Samsan Tech. He as good as told Alex that was his condition for accepting 2STO’s offer. Their naivety and inability to take advice in humility cost them. Saha included. Except Saha being a lot more level headed accepted the outcome. 

And I guess the “revenge” issue has been resolved. Pity. I was hoping for something a bit more exciting than that. I hope Yongsan grows up more for that and realise that his brother’s death has nothing to do with Jipyeong. I thought this episode with his brother’s death and Jipyeong’s involvement was not developed well. It was too touch and go and served only as a poor plot device to add hate on Jipyeong from Samsan Tech. In fact, for all that anger in the note and ominous background music, Yongsan really wasn’t trying very hard (or at all) to get into Sandbox. He simply “fell into it” because he’d been riding on Dosan’s coattails. 

4. Does Jipyeong even stand a chance?

Spoiler

The question on many of our minds. Truth is, up to ep 12, the writer hasn’t even given him a chance with Dalmi. Even Wootak (WYWS) who was clearly not Hongjoo’s choice, had more of a chance against Jaechan.  Dalmi hasn’t even looked at Jipyeong since the “big reveal” which suddenly seems like an insignificant reveal. Why all that build up towards nothing? Beyond discovering him at the bird house with her letter and screaming at him, she never actually clarified anything. This after all that suspecting going on, comparing handwritings, birthdates, and as I’ve mentioned giving up others for this person who has been in her heart all this while. Now that he’s actually appeared in front of her, she doesn’t want to ask more? I mean, she got over her anger real quick. Why not then have a good conversation about it? Story wise, and from how PHR had written past stories, this does not seem like her. She normally threads pieces together very well, and this seems very uncharacteristic and so is throwing me off. 

At this point, I am feeling disappointed as far as story development is concerned. But 4 more 1.5h episodes is actually quite a bit of story telling left. I want to know more what will happen with Injae, mum, stepdad and stepbro. I want to know more about how Dosan’s dad and his colleagues will resolve their dispute with Injae Company. Surely Chulsan and Saha have some way to go still? And really, is that all Yoon Daepyo was for? To stand around and say encouraging words only? Such a waste of a good actress. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

@bairama :cuddle: Thank youuuu~

1 hour ago, bairama said:

I just hope also the writers not pushing Jipyeong char to be whining on later episode lol. Because the fact is during the show, JP is been very passive and laid back maybe because he is maturer for aproaching Dalmi's heart. 

Yeah me too. I really like Ji Pyeong as a character so definitely don't want to see him turn into On Joon Soon v2 (More Than Friends) in the last four episodes. Plus I want to see him and Do San be friends/brothers. They were cute in the beginning! I want that back!

Hmm :pandathink:, don't think he's laid back or more mature in approaching Dalmi's heart. I think he has no idea "how to" at all. I'm starting to wonder if he's virgin in dating. He can't even get a thread off Dalmi's hair for some reason. Think too much perhaps. Thinking back to their interactions, I deduce that Dalmi and him are not close at all. Not like chingu. Dalmi has so much respect for him it puts a distance between them even if she knows he's the owner of the letters. I am curious as to how they'll interact in the latter episodes, as family :pandalove:

Before things get all angsty in ep12, I laughed so hard at the beginning and enjoyed the scene between Do San and Mom. It's brings back memory of Ji Pyeong telling Do San off about what he texted Dalmi. Because of that, I am so fond of the "ㅋㅋㅋ".

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yeah I saw the scene ....hmm i get your point but I am still not happy lol  .  My oppa's pretty face 

:nervous: Mianhe! for wishing your oppa get a beating... You know I meant the character JP, right?  Not KSH :laugh:

5 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

one questions.... who will Bae Suzy - Seo Dal-Mi end up with?...... if possible i dont want her to end up with Nam Joo Hyuk character :x

One question also... Why? :thinking:

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

There are many points I couldn't agree with the review from wildanonymous because it was written and clouded by anger. There are also some choice of words which I feel inappropriate. For instance, on Dalmi "abandoning" Halmoni. I don't think that's the right word choice.

Looks like we're on the same wavelength today @mademoiselle high-5!! 

I too think there are some strong words that are not necessary. I also thought how about Halmoni if she leaves, later they did show DM wanting to abandon the plan of going to the US because of Halmoni.

But business is business that's why even Ji Pyeong couldn't argue with him.

Yeah, he did say that nothing is wrong with the contract they signed. I dunno, I guess I've learned that whenever I signed anything, I always look for what the penalty will be. That is one of the more important factors for me to consider before signing or committing into anything. It's not that I have intention to not fulfil my side of the deal, but really, sometimes life can throw you stuff that made you unable to fulfil your obligations. It's always good to know if that really happened, what will it cost me. SaHa also thought it's futile to fight against the giants. Time consuming and definitely burning the wallet too. As for the cooling time period, I guess every country will have a different regulations about it. 

I do think eventually Noongil will profit because Dalmi had the idea of providing service to the general public.

Yeah, I think so too. But for investors, they would want to see the return much much faster. NoonGil can definitely be launched, but someone needs to want to invest in it. I'm guessing that JP is asking Alex permission to take over (join) Project NoonGil and invest in it, while DS asking permission to continue developing it to perfection.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love