You Are My Hero / You're My City & Fortress 你是我的城池营垒 [2021]

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

Just sneaking in to say... This Drama is Everything.  :)  

Happy to see some familiar names here and know my friends are also watching.  Now sneaking away once again... 

hello my friend!!! Glad to see you’ve come to join the spazz party over here! :hearties:

• Haha 2

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

My new DP giving me all the feels! :BulbaOWO:

I know. I had to join and also promote the love for Bai Jingting too. :laugh:

@themarchioness - Come join us more often!! YiBo doesn't have any drama projects out right now but did you see his uniform picture that was released not too long ago? He looks good in a uniform just like Bai Jingting too. :eeeee:

Today, our .gif is of Wenbo -- he should smile more often.

giphy.gif

• Heart Eyes 3

I actually find Wenbo very cute! Especially when he smiles or acts all flustered. And can we just stop to admire his body when he took off his shirt to give to Xiao Xia? 

And I laughed out loud when Xiao Xia smelled it! She’s probably thinking “yum... the scent of muscles..” :smug:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

I actually find Wenbo very cute! Especially when he smiles or acts all flustered. And can we just stop to admire his body when he took off his shirt to give to Xiao Xia? 

And I laughed out loud when Xiao Xia smelled it! She’s probably thinking “yum... the scent of muscles..” :smug:

my mom said that Wenbo is more manly than KeLei and she said that KeLei is very cute, and he is the type that grow and grow and grow on you....

mom totally in love with him in uniform hahahhaa...

okie what had i put myself into....i have 2 ppl here fight over KeLei with me and then my own mom in my own house???!!!

• Haha 2

i'm back again hahaha....i really like Ma SiChun and Bai JingTing rapport, have i told you that im so glad to give it a chance? @Tofu because i remember telling you that i feel like they are buddy more....hahaha

in this stills their glances look exchange however in real, both them actually only see the back view of each other....first was Mika seeing KeLei giving command to his subordinate and later KeLei noticing Mika's back views as she is in the bus walking towards the center seats

their worries for each other is genuine

cr: As Tagged from Weibo (MuMuYangM)

h9Tio2q.jpg

• Heart Eyes 2

@Tofu actually i like this part very well, when KeLei asked Mika to said something so that they can test the mic whether it work or not.....the first thing that past thru Mika's minds wasnt anything else but KeLei name.....

'Xing KeLei' hahahhaa....i mean isnt the usual normal way for other ppl to do is to say 'Testing, testing....1 2 3' ??? ahahaha or maybe 'Hello hello....hello' hahahhahaa

this actually prove that Mika already like Kelei well before even knowing that he was her savior that she had been harboring a crush on

• Haha 2

@NiteWalker it actually makes me so happy that you’re just as obsessed as I am! And yes it was funny that when Kelei asked Mi Ka to test the mic she said “Xing Kelei Xing Kelei Xing Kelei” instead of the usual. Kelei actually looked surprised too!

and yes, the unspoken thoughts and words behind their glances are so touching. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

@NiteWalker it actually makes me so happy that you’re just as obsessed as I am! And yes it was funny that when Kelei asked Mi Ka to test the mic she said “Xing Kelei Xing Kelei Xing Kelei” instead of the usual. Kelei actually looked surprised too!

and yes, the unspoken thoughts and words behind their glances are so touching. 

u mean after 'Go Ahead' we havent been obsess over any drama together right....

i dunno why but this drama really got to me after 'Go Ahead' its our day to day happening to be honest...however Bai JingTing and Ma SiChun acting really make us feel the connections and also the cuteness between them...

did u know that Ma SiChun actually kick Bai JingTing backsides when they were acting out the part where he punished her to wash the toilets?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

i'm back again hahaha....i really like Ma SiChun and Bai JingTing rapport, have i told you that im so glad to give it a chance? @Tofu because i remember telling you that i feel like they are buddy more....hahaha

Hahaha! I know! You kept telling me they felt more like buddies and I was like, "I don't think so". Glad to see that you feel the same way now. :LarvitarSDab1:

8 hours ago, Mouse said:

And I laughed out loud when Xiao Xia smelled it! She’s probably thinking “yum... the scent of muscles..”

OMG, YES!! And then she wore the shirt either later that day or the next day at the graduation party. :laugh:

To be honest, I really like the way Mi Ka says Xing Kelei's name. It's really soft spoken and the tone of it is just really nice. 

1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

have you guys seen this before? hahaha Ma SiChun gave Bai JingTing a kick to his backside right after he shoo her off to wash toilets with bare hands hahahaha.....

LOL!! Their BTS are really funny. I laugh so much watching them. 

1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

hahahaha okie they really seal deal in either 17 and 18 lols....since this is part of the 18 preview where both admitted that this is the first times they are someone else gf/bf hahahha

That means the keychain scene will happen before this?! Why can't it be Thursday already?! :cry:

1 hour ago, Olivia Kate said:

Ep 13 and 14 vibe is a combination of DOTS and Code Blue. It's great.

The earthquake in the hospital reminded me of D-Day too! Haha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Tofu said:

That means the keychain scene will happen before this?! Why can't it be Thursday already?! :cry:

they keychain scenes suppose to be in Episode 17.....

4 minutes ago, Tofu said:

The earthquake in the hospital reminded me of D-Day too! Haha!

oh i like D-Day, the struggle they went thru felt so real!

5 minutes ago, Tofu said:

LOL!! Their BTS are really funny. I laugh so much watching them. 

yes i love their Bts as much as their actual film too...i had not felt this way after 'Go Ahead' lols

5 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Hahaha! I know! You kept telling me they felt more like buddies and I was like, "I don't think so". Glad to see that you feel the same way now. :LarvitarSDab1:

i know right.....i was like....hmmm buddies then how to becomes lovers....then i like them both enough to try it out.....and i felt that the way they walk together isnt really force...it came in naturally ....

6 minutes ago, Tofu said:

OMG, YES!! And then she wore the shirt either later that day or the next day at the graduation party. :laugh:

@Tofu @Mouse my mom is a cleanliness freak so she was like 'urgh' the sweat!!! hahaha and i was telling mom.... 'Aiyo mom, this what u call the masculine smell mah.....

my mom scold me says 'Your head!'

where got this kind of MOTHER!!!

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, NiteWalker said:

my mom is a cleanliness freak so she was like 'urgh' the sweat!!! hahaha and i was telling mom.... 'Aiyo mom, this what u call the masculine smell mah.....

Hahahaha!! :laugh:

You might have to show your mom these (credits to jingyans for the great gifs).

d8eaec66936b10dbf7bb1d4b9b02151147681b8f

486438bb6437b7517d8b13f0c297a7cf94292510

5d1c7e150fa3ad56acbc7fecdc3180e7d694cec2

Spoiler

1ae797318604fba6a26fa25e2a094a747421b1a2

1c40352230779c9a139946ba4504f2f213ae65fe

fd4d34df121ee90b311dada2f08671ed6ef8d525

a84779dd670bc72d783fd60a4f88e08254d695ec

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

hahahaha okie they really seal deal in either 17 and 18 lols....since this is part of the 18 preview where both admitted that this is the first times they are someone else gf/bf hahahha

The awkwardness is fuelling my excitement. AHHHHHHHHHH!

P.S. Is there a website where we can watch ALL the episodes. I really don't like waiting.

Edited by Olivia Kate
  • Haha 3

Hello everyone, newcomer here.

I have been lurking on this forum so far, but can't help to post something now for this drama.

I don't watch that many CDrama (especially modern CDrama) though I am native Chinese ;-) I have been in Kdrama land because of Kim SooHyun the last year or so... 

But... the pandemic made me start watch Who's the Murderer, and I started to like Bai Jingting.

This is the first drama of him I watch, and honestly I didn't have high expectations (I thought the pairing was a bit weird).

And 14 episodes in, how wrong was I...?!

What makes the drama stand out for me is how it portraits the littles things/interactions between the CPs, both the main one and the secondary one. The acting is also very natural, which makes it so relatable. Except the life-saving part, the interactions between Xing Kelei and Mi Ka are mostly about small things, but you can really feel the feelings they feel, which made this extremely addictive... I lost count of how many times I rewatched their interaction bits. 

Of course, Bai Jingting in uniforms! He really pulled it off and made it very convincing... and handsome as hell!!! 

The only question is why they only release 8 episodes a week - wayyyyy toooo slow!!!!

• Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
8 hours ago, Olivia Kate said:

P.S. Is there a website where we can watch ALL the episodes. I really don't like waiting.

If you find this, would you also let us know too? Haha! :eeeee:

@Xiaopz_pj :rmbtshi:

Yay for joining us! I think this month, Chinese dramas have step it up a bit that I am finding myself more excited for their dramas. In Korean dramaland right now, most of the dramas out are on the darker side. It's always nice to have something a little lighter to balance everything out. I never used to be a huge fan of costume dramas but for the past several months, that's all I've watched so watching a modern day drama was kind of off my radar -- modern day dramas were something I binged through if they sounded interesting but usually do not catch them when they are airing. I think the last one was Go Ahead and even with that, I finished the drama weeks after it finished airing. 

I think most people had little expectation for the drama because it was getting compared to DoTs a lot (also didn't help that it aired the same week as Rattan and Sword/Brocade is still airing). I read that some people even avoided watching the drama because of the similarities in the synopsis. I'm glad that I decided to watch this despite that because it's been such a nice little treat. Like you, I really enjoyed the small interactions Kelei and Mi Ka have. One of my favorite scenes is still when they console each other after Kelei's friend/member of his team was shot. I didn't really expect both of them to have that deep of a conversation because they are still in the courting stage. I think a lot of vulnerabilities were shown in that scene and it allowed both of them to get to know each other on a much deeper level. 

Please continue to spazz about this drama with us! It'll make us a little less crazy because I think the rest of the members on the forum think we've all lost it. :eeeee:

5 hours ago, Xiaopz_pj said:

The only question is why they only release 8 episodes a week - wayyyyy toooo slow!!!!

I know, right?! And we don't get new episodes until Thursday too! :letalQQ:

Today's gifs are all about eyebrows. Hahahaha!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

@AwkwarDerp - How are you doing on your progress? Have you adopted Bai Jingting yet? :smug:

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

6 hours ago, Tofu said:

@AwkwarDerp - How are you doing on your progress? Have you adopted Bai Jingting yet? :smug:

I had my eyes on him since that rush to the dead summer, on top of that he's Songyun's buddy....It's fate for us. 

OKAY, so here is my my thoughts so far on episode 1 & 2. 

Xing Kelei seems to be a very difficult guy to pleased, but surprisingly he's being quite generous toward her (although it's only 2 episodes so far) I guess maybe cause they had a "moment" during the bomb transferring process. Anyway, so I find Mi Ka a little indecisive and immature at first, only because she wants so many things but she doesn't know which she should prioritize, like she want to successfully finish her training but also being able to help her friend treat her illness. So, the part I find it slightly annoying was that she blamed Xing Kelei for punishing during the stretcher moving down thing, like I guess at first, i did thought maybe he's trying to annoyed her but either way, he's still the captain and she was the trainee, for her to boldly called him out for "going against her because of personal grudge" was a little bit eh, especially in front of trainees and his co-workers but anyways. I like how he answered her because judging from her personality, simply explaining to her why she's wrong isn't going to be very convincing, especially since she and him are currently quarrelling, but honestly that was only a slight bit of thing I didn't like but other than that. 

Another thing was when he wanted to punished for sneaking out twice, I feel like he's the type to be like "I won't say things twice, if you want to break rules, go ahead, I won't stop you but I will punish you." I guess it's because he's the leader, so it make sense for him to be harsh, so it doesn't seems like he's being soft to anyone (cause you know the other guy was fool by the 'period' excuse). So this is what I mean by she quite indecisive and immature, like she want so to complete this training, she said she doesn't care about the certificate but so far she's only fighting back with him and showing him that she can't do it, but I know there will be more than this. I do appreciate her determination wanting to be good at your dreams, etc. Like for example, i liked what the doctor said too "don't put personal feelings into this, just prove she unprofessional = I kind of agree because so far, she's putting in a lot of her personal feeling on her friends, on this training and she's showing she is capable of learning but isn't capable of keeping her "professionalism". As of right now, I can't comment much on Xing Kelei cause he doesn't get a lot of screen time yet, only beside he's quite mean, i did like that she owned like "10" phones tho. 

I'm guessing they're going for that type of drama, the mischievous girl and the cold officer kind of type but I do enjoy the comedy that is being thrown in once in a while. So far, I am really enjoying it, I did drag a person from my server, so now we're live watching this after watching The Sword of The Brocade. 

LIKE I SAID, I AM ONLY SPEAKING ABOUT THIS CAUSE I'M ONLY ON EPISODE 1-2. 

• Haha 3

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry