You Are My Hero / You're My City & Fortress 你是我的城池营垒 [2021]

5 hours ago, AwkwarDerp said:

I had my eyes on him since that rush to the dead summer, on top of that he's Songyun's buddy....It's fate for us. 

btw are you aware that he and SongYun will be in an anthology project together? that they call "New Generation" or something lols

11 hours ago, Xiaopz_pj said:

Hello everyone, newcomer here.

Welcome!!! hahaha im glad you finally de-lurk and join us in this crazy ride....

11 hours ago, Xiaopz_pj said:

But... the pandemic made me start watch Who's the Murderer, and I started to like Bai Jingting.

yes i love him there and the characters he pull....and whenever they put him in that lockup....he always holding the bar and scream 'I'm INNOCENTS!!!'

that is also where i really know him and i always see him as cute till i watch this drama.....he is really dashing and the more you look at him the more he charm you.....

like you i was thinking to myself that the pairing in between him and Ma SiChun seems a bit off the chart as lovers...as i can see that their interaction was more like buddies / brother more.....and @Tofu told me otherwise hahaha....i was like...'lets give this a try' since i do really like both of them....

and i'm really glad that i didnt skip them hahaha.....if not i would have miss such a wonder drama!!!

some of the plots is really our day to day basic stuff however the way they fit it in and the way they do it....make you able to relate like you say and the acting from the whole cast honestly made it comfortable

i feel their pain too...Mika and KeLei interaction are really minimum at their best, however i treasure every single one of their encounter as every single encounter in between them does not need words sometimes...all they need is the look in the eyes and the rest of the words feel into all the blanks by itself...

Cr: As Tagged from Weibo

ViC7dHJ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Yes. I am fully aware, i am lowkey excited but also i can’t wait for the behind the scenes cause i know its gonna be good 

12 hours ago, Xiaopz_pj said:

Hello everyone, newcomer here.

I have been lurking on this forum so far, but can't help to post something now for this drama.

I don't watch that many CDrama (especially modern CDrama) though I am native Chinese ;-) I have been in Kdrama land because of Kim SooHyun the last year or so... 

But... the pandemic made me start watch Who's the Murderer, and I started to like Bai Jingting.

This is the first drama of him I watch, and honestly I didn't have high expectations (I thought the pairing was a bit weird).

And 14 episodes in, how wrong was I...?!

What makes the drama stand out for me is how it portraits the littles things/interactions between the CPs, both the main one and the secondary one. The acting is also very natural, which makes it so relatable. Except the life-saving part, the interactions between Xing Kelei and Mi Ka are mostly about small things, but you can really feel the feelings they feel, which made this extremely addictive... I lost count of how many times I rewatched their interaction bits. 

Of course, Bai Jingting in uniforms! He really pulled it off and made it very convincing... and handsome as hell!!! 

The only question is why they only release 8 episodes a week - wayyyyy toooo slow!!!!

You should also watch the one with him and Jing Boran, i forgot the show name but just search that duo up, its hilarious

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

15 hours ago, Olivia Kate said:

The awkwardness is fuelling my excitement. AHHHHHHHHHH!

P.S. Is there a website where we can watch ALL the episodes. I really don't like waiting.

YES!! The awkwardness is definitely fueling my excitement too! I just can’t wait for them to finally be together and see them get comfortable with each other. I’ve seen some clips and they do get very comfortable with each other. I even saw a clip where Mi Ka drags Kelei by the ear!! :PsyWhat:

@Xiaopz_pj so glad to have you join us!! We are currently obsessed with YAMH and we basically just take turns pointing out how hot BJT is, how adorable Mi Ka and Kelei are and how much we also love Wenbo and Xiao Xia. 

I’m constantly searching IG, YT for whatever clip or preview I can find because I can’t wait for more episodes!! 

• Haha 3

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

@AwkwarDerp - I can completely see that about Mi Ka and Kelei's beginning interactions -- maybe the drama probably wanted to keep the dramatic introduction to their relationship going or something? I'm glad you're tuning in and you've convinced someone else to watch too. I think in general all of us have convinced at least one other person to join in with us. :laugh:

3 hours ago, AwkwarDerp said:

You should also watch the one with him and Jing Boran, i forgot the show name but just search that duo up, its hilarious

I'm going to have to look into this too because I absolutely adore Jing Boran. :heart:

24 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

new stills released.....i miss my Mika and KeLei!!!!!

My best friend texted me today and said, "Thursday seems so far away!" :eeeee:

21 minutes ago, N3buLa84 said:

Hello everyone, I just recently started watching this drama and I’m now hooked. @NiteWalkerthanks to you I found this great drama so thank you! 

Yay, welcome!! @NiteWalker is super convincing so I'm not surprised. LOL!

Our thread starter's favorite scene. :smug:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, N3buLa84 said:

Hello everyone, I just recently started watching this drama and I’m now hooked. @NiteWalkerthanks to you I found this great drama so thank you! 

welcome lols.....hahahaha...because im tweeting abit too much on them? hahahha

59 minutes ago, Tofu said:

My best friend texted me today and said, "Thursday seems so far away!" :eeeee:

@Lynne told me oooo today is the day for BJT, i told her dont make me happy....today is not Thursday....she had me looking at my calendar twice! lols

• Haha 3

I am now up to episode 6? I believe so. 

I really like the progress in their relationship and my cute side comedic side couple. 

I keep getting weird vibe off Yan Shan. First, she’s very guarded, like she doesn’t dare to do anything that would risk her reputation or her career. For instance, in the elevator, the patient was literally dying but she rather wait. AFTER ALL, she took credit in front of the doctors. 

When Mika got in neurological department, nobody congratulated but only care about Yan Shan. There was another scene, but i forgot. Either way, I’m not getting good vibes of her or am I completely wrong? 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

I really like the progress in their relationship and my cute side comedic side couple. 

yes both OTP relationship progress is pretty steady i believe....and i do like how the progress with it ....it hard not to like them to be honest lols well for me at least hahah :heart:

4 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

I keep getting weird vibe off Yan Shan. First, she’s very guarded, like she doesn’t dare to do anything that would risk her reputation or her career. For instance, in the elevator, the patient was literally dying but she rather wait. AFTER ALL, she took credit in front of the doctors. 

same i dont like YanShan either....i mean if she cant perform well under emergency cases im okie with it....no worries...everyone responded to critical / accident differently, which is why ER is actually one of the best place to train those trainee doctor to be honest....it get them to respond to emergency and taught them how to have a steady mine....you will see this later.....

6 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

When Mika got in neurological department, nobody congratulated but only care about Yan Shan. There was another scene, but i forgot. Either way, I’m not getting good vibes of her or am I completely wrong?

YanShan is to use to ppl saying she is the best and she will stay the top in all of them.....so when MiKa start to be the dark horse in their group, she felt threaten....and also at the same times her interest in Dr. Shao is not very healthy either.......

i hope she doesnt do anything bad.....maybe she is just annoy a little that Mika is getting more attention than her i guess.....

• Like 3
On 3/16/2021 at 12:23 PM, Tofu said:

@Xiaopz_pj :rmbtshi:

Yay for joining us! I think this month, Chinese dramas have step it up a bit that I am finding myself more excited for their dramas. In Korean dramaland right now, most of the dramas out are on the darker side. It's always nice to have something a little lighter to balance everything out. I never used to be a huge fan of costume dramas but for the past several months, that's all I've watched so watching a modern day drama was kind of off my radar -- modern day dramas were something I binged through if they sounded interesting but usually do not catch them when they are airing. I think the last one was Go Ahead and even with that, I finished the drama weeks after it finished airing. 

I think most people had little expectation for the drama because it was getting compared to DoTs a lot (also didn't help that it aired the same week as Rattan and Sword/Brocade is still airing). I read that some people even avoided watching the drama because of the similarities in the synopsis. I'm glad that I decided to watch this despite that because it's been such a nice little treat. Like you, I really enjoyed the small interactions Kelei and Mi Ka have. One of my favorite scenes is still when they console each other after Kelei's friend/member of his team was shot. I didn't really expect both of them to have that deep of a conversation because they are still in the courting stage. I think a lot of vulnerabilities were shown in that scene and it allowed both of them to get to know each other on a much deeper level. 

Please continue to spazz about this drama with us! It'll make us a little less crazy because I think the rest of the members on the forum think we've all lost it. :eeeee:

I know, right?! And we don't get new episodes until Thursday too! :letalQQ:

Today's gifs are all about eyebrows. Hahahaha!!

Thank you for the welcome. I am happy to have found a place to discuss this drama (or more precisely drool over BJT) :-)))) 

I agree with you that sometimes we just need a lighthearted drama like this to feel good and happy, especially in times like this.

I think I had some prejudice against Cdrama with a modern setting, since they tend to be cheesy and too propaganda-ish, so I used to only watch costume Cdrama (shout out to joy of life!!! and can't wait for season 2). This drama is the first modern one I watched in years. I also like the fact that they use the actors' voice rather than dubs - it doesn't hurt that BJT has a very nice voice! :-)))))

Judging from the reactions on Weibo, I think the drama is gaining more tractions than expected, despite the competitions. Netizens are collectively drooling over BJT and hashtags such as "I want a boyfriend like Xing Kelei" or "BJT should tatoo the uniform on him" got quite popular. The fact that both leads are awkward in love is making people laugh while squeal at the same time. People are like "the plots are cliche but for some reason I can't stop watching" hahaha 

Thank you for the gifs! BJT's eyebrows have stolen the show many times - hahaha 

23 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

Welcome!!! hahaha im glad you finally de-lurk and join us in this crazy ride....

yes i love him there and the characters he pull....and whenever they put him in that lockup....he always holding the bar and scream 'I'm INNOCENTS!!!'

Thank you for the welcome! There is no such thing as crazy when it comes to handsome man in uniforms. haha

It is funny that I started to watch Who's the Murderer because of Zhang Ruoyun after Joy of Life. Then slowly slowly I realized that this BJT is handsome, funny, and cute... so I start to follow him more. He has so many good lines in the show and he is REALLY smart. I look forward to watching the last episode of S6.

23 hours ago, Mouse said:

YES!! The awkwardness is definitely fueling my excitement too! I just can’t wait for them to finally be together and see them get comfortable with each other. I’ve seen some clips and they do get very comfortable with each other. I even saw a clip where Mi Ka drags Kelei by the ear!! :PsyWhat:

@Xiaopz_pj so glad to have you join us!! We are currently obsessed with YAMH and we basically just take turns pointing out how hot BJT is, how adorable Mi Ka and Kelei are and how much we also love Wenbo and Xiao Xia. 

I’m constantly searching IG, YT for whatever clip or preview I can find because I can’t wait for more episodes!! 

Thanks for the welcome! I think I am constantly on Weibo searching for more content... haha 

Thank God it is Thursday tomorrow!

22 hours ago, AwkwarDerp said:

OH YEAH, thank you. 

My two favourite men in one scene. It's great

I have watched this one! They both are super cute and I love their banter. There is another show they did together with four other guys (e.g., Wang Kai), which is called Fighting Man. I heard that it is quite funny.

And yes, BJT and Tan SongYun will be featured in this new drama called Our New Era. It is supposed to be a propaganda drama and they will lead a section called "because we have family/home" which is suppoed to be about how they lead a village out of poverty through e-commerce ;-))))) 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2
10 minutes ago, Xiaopz_pj said:

Thank you for the welcome! There is no such thing as crazy when it comes to handsome man in uniforms. haha

It is funny that I started to watch Who's the Murderer because of Zhang Ruoyun after Joy of Life. Then slowly slowly I realized that this BJT is handsome, funny, and cute... so I start to follow him more. He has so many good lines in the show and he is REALLY smart. I look forward to watching the last episode of S6.

how can you reject someone who look so good in uniform??? :wow:

Cr: As Tagged from Weibo

Q25oU07.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Star Struck 1

XzMlGFA.jpg

BJT posted this picture on Weibo captioned: Jing in the mirror (镜中敬)(his name Jing sounds the same as the Chinese word for mirror).

He also made a comment reads "Xing bu (邢不)?" - it is supposed to mean "Ok?" but he used the character of "xing" in Xing Kelei, rather than the right one.

He really likes to surf on weibo these days to promote his dramas in funny ways. He also goes around and likes posts about him. The fans are making fun of him that he is doing his daily rounds on weibo. hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

YanShan is to use to ppl saying she is the best and she will stay the top in all of them.....so when MiKa start to be the dark horse in their group, she felt threaten....and also at the same times her interest in Dr. Shao is not very healthy either.......

i hope she doesnt do anything bad.....maybe she is just annoy a little that Mika is getting more attention than her i guess.....

I also noticed how the drama make "Yan Shan" as the good friend, but it doesn't seems like they get along very well, rather Mika is closer to the other girl. So I wonder if this is like a hint to something. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

Gosh the preview for episode 19 is damn sweet lols

Waaaahh!!! DYING!! Xing Kelei is just too cute!! :PsyWhat:

3 hours ago, Xiaopz_pj said:

He really likes to surf on weibo these days to promote his dramas in funny ways. He also goes around and likes posts about him. The fans are making fun of him that he is doing his daily rounds on weibo. hahaha

Awww I actually appreciate that. It’s nice that he takes a personal interest. 

Welcome @N3buLa84! Glad to have more people spazz with us!

• Like 3

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

20 hours ago, Tofu said:

Yay, welcome!! @NiteWalker is super convincing so I'm not surprised. LOL!

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, she’s super convincing plus she knows what I like since we go way back from our Ever Night fan girl days. Lol.

19 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

welcome lols.....hahahaha...because im tweeting abit too much on them? hahahha

Thanks. Well your posts on my TL were very helpful lol. But you also know what I like my friend. Great work promoting dramas. 

11 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

Gosh the preview for episode 19 is damn sweet lols

even KeLei team mates can’t take it lols hahahaha @Tofu another gif for those 4 musketeers at the door hahahah

I’m barely on ep 7 and I can’t help spoiling myself. Lol. This is how you know you’re hooked on a drama. 

6 hours ago, Mouse said:

Welcome @N3buLa84! Glad to have more people spazz with us!

Thanks! I’m happy to make new friends so we can discuss dramas we love. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
3 hours ago, Mouse said:

@NiteWalker any chance you could translate the ep 19 preview? :letalQQ:

Also, here's a preview of ep 17-18

Rough translation of Episode 19 preview.

First scene: XKL zipped up her jacket and says this is much better, MK says but I’m not cold. XKL: you were too charming that way (with the zip down). Then XKL literally started to ask her to run again in the tone of the coach :-)))) and she says that she is too tired. 
Biking scene: XKL is basically challenging her saying that she is going too slow. When she speeds up, he is like: yes, paddle faster with your short legs... hahahaha 

Then he saved her from crashing into the bus and tells her this famous line (that rhymes) we use when we tell people to be careful in traffic (hard to translate): if you are careless, your family will cry 

In the restaurant: he is drinking from her cup, and she is like I can order you another one. He says: yours tastes better. Awwwww....

Last scene: I think he asked her if she misses him. She said no first, then says a little bit (with the hand gesture). He is outraged that she only misses him a little bit. She then asks him if he misses him and he says shyly, yes, very much. Meanwhile, the other four guys are ear dropping and commenting: iron man is soft now, so cheesy...:DDD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
31 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Roughly 12 hours left until new episodes! :LarvitarSDab1:

melted!!!!

1 hour ago, Xiaopz_pj said:

Last scene: I think he asked her if she misses him. She said no first, then says a little bit (with the hand gesture). He is outraged that she only misses him a little bit. She then asks him if he misses him and he says shyly, yes, very much. Meanwhile, the other four guys are ear dropping and commenting: iron man is soft now, so cheesy...:DDD

hahaha actually im looking forward to the 4 musketeers as much as im looking forward to our Mika and KeLei scenes together hahaha

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Xiaopz_pj said:

People are like "the plots are cliche but for some reason I can't stop watching" hahaha 

:1000:!! The drama is a bit on the tropey side but I can't stop watching and obsessing over it. :eeeee:

11 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

even KeLei team mates can’t take it lols hahahaha @Tofu another gif for those 4 musketeers at the door hahahah

Haha, absolutely! I'll wait for a video that doesn't have the subtitles so I can get a better video to make the gif from. :smile:

10 hours ago, Xiaopz_pj said:

:laugh:This is something he would totally do. He has to work hard, he's unemployed and needs to promote his two dramas so he'll be employed again. Hahahahaha!

10 hours ago, AwkwarDerp said:

I also noticed how the drama make "Yan Shan" as the good friend, but it doesn't seems like they get along very well, rather Mika is closer to the other girl. So I wonder if this is like a hint to something. 

Yan Shan kind of has an inferiority complex, doesn't she? I think there was a scene of her talking badly about Mi Ka with Chen Tao when they were walking by Kelei. I think she's envious of Mi Ka and the attention she gets from Dr. Shao.

5 hours ago, N3buLa84 said:

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, she’s super convincing plus she knows what I like since we go way back from our Ever Night fan girl days. Lol.

Ning Queeee! I'm watching Ever Night between all my dramas right now. I'm on episode 22 and his relationship with Shan Shan is just too cute. :heart: I'm a little sad that Chen Feiyu doesn't return in season 2. :cry:

Thanks for the translation @Xiaopz_pj!! They are too cute!! 

zszplns.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1