True Beauty 여신강림 [2020-2021]

This scene is done right for this drama. The purpose of hiding Ju Kyung is not because of the icing on her face, but the humiliation that she fears when the icing will be washed off. 

spacer.png

@mademoiselleSuho remains the Suho for me from webtoon. However, his guard is down everytime he is with Ju Kyeong. Considering the pacing of webtoon vs kdrama, the Suho i am watching still has the mysticism on him at the POV of everyone, including soojin. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

11 minutes ago, bluepebbles said:

Suho remains the Suho for me from webtoon. However, his guard is down everytime he is with Ju Kyeong. Considering the pacing of webtoon vs kdrama, the Suho i am watching still has the mysticism on him at the POV of everyone, including soojin.

I love that his guard is down when he's with Joo Kyung! :pandalove:

At this point, I'm particularly concern about Soo Jin. Seems too perfect to be true - nice, smart and beautiful. Typical recipe to turn on Joo Kyung once it's revealed she likes Suho too...

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Goshhh @mademoiselle that scene crack me up! It was so embarrassing to see it. That was also my fave scene! 😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

At this point, I'm particularly concern about Soo Jin. Seems too perfect to be true - nice, smart and beautiful. Typical recipe to turn on Joo Kyung once it's revealed she likes Suho too...

I'm also skeptical in this. But lets see, hope I'm proved wrong. She will still be nice even after she knows her true beauty. 

• Like 5

P.S. love the new look after the upgrade. Especially the quote is shown in much different color palette than the main post. Just a bit feedback, hope the name tag under each dramas title could be in lighter one. The dark blue with orange font hurt my eyes. Or maybe it's still under some other maintenance on the background so it will change later? But overall, it looks much nicer and smoother. 

• Like 4
36 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

P.S. love the new look after the upgrade. Especially the quote is shown in much different color palette than the main post. Just a bit feedback, hope the name tag under each dramas title could be in lighter one. The dark blue with orange font hurt my eyes. Or maybe it's still under some other maintenance on the background so it will change later? But overall, it looks much nicer and smoother. 

This is the default theme that the platform provider Invision has given us for the updates - definitely smoother. Mouse & Soju are still working on the light & dark themes, fix some bugs too - we plan to use back our same colours like before. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Hahaha I haven't started yet @mademoiselle...on the last 2 episodes of 18 Again.

I feel like I'll clear my slate and start this drama tomorrow night (also will catch up on the webtoon too during the day)...but I'm happy to see more people have joined us :wow: I'll be here for conversations sooooooon

• Like 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

The make up artist team did a good job in making JY completely different without make up on or off. I mean how they create the detail on JY's face. The fake pimples and her skin looks untreated when the make up is wiped off.

And this drama is a perfect set for cosmetics cfs and attract more people to look for make up tutorial. Haha. Cuz that's what I did. I am amazed with their skills. And they turn themselves into a completely new different look, looking more attractive. I wonder how long it takes a lot of trial and error to master all these skills. Seeing how JY trying so hard to learn the steps and did some failure experiment at first too. Lols. 

• Like 3

@mademoiselle yesss it is!! Seuli high becomes saebom high. Lols

and jimichae is once again become a school cook. Lols. But he is such a nasty character here. 

So when SH covers her with his previous jacket, does he know it's JK he knows? I mean it seems he didn't know it was the same girl he meet at the rental comic. And in that very critical moment he saves her from the possible humiliation. That must be the trigger for her heart to flutter at him. Lols. Love blooms!

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

So when SH covers her with his previous jacket, does he know it's JK he knows? I mean it seems he didn't know it was the same girl he meet at the rental comic. And in that very critical moment he saves her from the possible humiliation. That must be the trigger for her heart to flutter at him. Lols. Love blooms!

The red ginseng is one among the reasons i guess. But the crucial part will be the post it on the book . :MewGiggle:

About the comic store, I also hope they will maintain this as Suho and Jugyeong's own place until the end. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 4

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Hello! I'm finally here! I have to admit, I started the webtoon awhile ago and I hate re-reading things, so my memory is hazy. But I do think that this drama adaption has changed a fair bit of the story mainly to keep it in order. Like my memory is that she starts off already pretty and then backtracks to tell you her secret and how she came to be good at make-up.

Episodes 1-2

-The drama is surprisingly more comic book in feeling than the webtoon, which in some ways feels a bit more serious like My ID is Gangnam Beauty. :thinking: This just feels like Extraordinary You again!

-I'm liking the comic book feel and the cast are fun -I am really enjoying Moon Ga Young's version of the main character. There's a lot of slapstick comedy. It's not the best thing I've seen, but I'm enjoying the light-heartness (it feels much more light hearted than the webtoon) and I need a drama where I feel like I know how things will go/ no deep emotional investments (haha, I'm tired from DDSSLLS/ Start Up :laugh: They were both good, but my emotions!)

- I actually feel like they took some liberties with the story like the girl wanting to jump off the building - I don't remember that being a thing. Do you remember if that was part of the webtoon @bluepebbles? There are definitely scenes from the webtoon I do remember though like her getting bullied and learning to do make-up but it was terrible and she looked like a ghost. Haha, it was a scene that made me laugh, so I'm glad they included it :popcorn:

-Yay, first Extraordinary You cameo! I laughed that Lee Tae Ri was back in the cafeteria - a purposeful choice I'm sure :cool:  And I found it fun that he was the mean guy who rejects her because he was easily played by a "hot" girl, though it was sad for JK because she was so naive and liked him for being nice to her at first. Heh, if LTR played the mean guy, surely Lee Jae Wook (the most important cameo in my eyes) will get a different role riiiight? :MewGiggle:

-Korean dramas and movies with bullying always make the bullying so extreme! I'm glad it didn't drag out!

-I am liking Hwang In Yeop's portrayal of Seo Jun. He's sort of made the character better in my eyes. :CharmanderYay:

-Some things that reminded me particularly of Extraordinary You all the classroom scenes with the kids, their cute altered fancy versions of their uniforms and the scene where JK's friend's boyfriend celebrates their 100 day anniversary...it reminded me of when Nam Joo tried to confess to Ju Da, :MonkaTang:

-Liking both the leads though and the silliness of their meetings so far!

On 12/12/2020 at 11:31 PM, mademoiselle said:

On 12/13/2020 at 1:05 AM, Alice Wonderland said:

I'm also skeptical in this. But lets see, hope I'm proved wrong. She will still be nice even after she knows her true beauty. 

In the webtoon, soo jin is jealous of the main girl. But I think they've changed Soo Jin's character a fair bit. In the webtoon, she's fairly voluptuous and curvy and is an Instagramer....basically she's your mean pretty girl who hides her meanness? And I think she askes JK to hang out, but they don't seem to be that close as friends as they have been in the drama so far. :poliWeird: Can't remember if Soo Jin actually does anything though...later in the series, it's like she fades in and out of the story....but not sure if that's just my poor memory or the actual story :laugh: I feel like in the drama that angle they go for is that she'll  secretly like SuHo (as she's the only girl he talked too before JK arrived) and that might be the basis for jealousy.

• Like 4

@JenL Jukyeong did not attempt for it, i hope my memory will serve me right . What I remember is , along the way, before she rediscovers herself through make up, she was depressed for days. 

I think this is the show's way to introduce the struggle of Suho . I also can't remember he has issues with his dad in the WT. 

But one thing is highlighted which I think is a better way to explain why he and Seo Jun are not in good terms. 

Spoiler

That their one friend who had joined the reality show eventually took his life because of bullying. 

Definitely agree on In Hyeop's Seo Jun. He really brought the manhwa character in real life !

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

New stills

Suho giving Joo Kyung after class tuition. Seriously, where's all the good looking boys when I was in school. This just doesn't happen in reality. Lol.

https://twitter.com/CJnDrama/status/1338665079655575555?s=19

New stills

Suho giving Joo Kyung after class tuition. Seriously, where's all the good looking boys when I was in school. This just doesn't happen in real life lol. And yay to Eun Woo showing more forehead. This hairstyle is much much better!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

New stills - Episode 4

Lee Jae Wook & Kim Hye Yoon finally appearing and reprising the role as Baek Kyung and Dan Oh.

Yayyyyy, I'm excited :wow: :wow::wow: This is like an alternate universe where Baek Kyung got together with Dan-oh  :laugh: Also I love when second leads work with the female stars in other projects and heal my SLS :CharmanderYay:

• Haha 3

Episode 3 is another fun episode :smile:

Suho and Joo Kyung's relationship is developing very nicely. And just as we thought, Suho found out her ID because he saw the Post-It even though the timeline he found out was earlier than we had thought. Either way, he's found out and love the confrontation scene with the lights flickering on and off creating that awesome tension and atmosphere. Hehe.

Love that Joo Kyung had broken through the wall Suho has built around himself. Love that he's finally smiling after not having done so for a year. Love that Joo Kyung cracked and told him how she felt and him apologising after that. Love their budding friendship (that was soon to come in the next episode).

What is with Seo Joon and Suho though? I mean I suspected the antagonism had to be related to dead Chani (I forgot his on screen name & can't be bothered to look it up), but why is Seo Joon looking like he hates Suho's father too? Did Suho's father had something to do with Chani's death or because he's Suho's father? Or because Suho's father dated his mother and dump her...???

And woah when Joo Kyung sang, is that echoing her character is Waikiki 2. Gosh I thought I didn't have to listen to it again and I was wrong. Thank god she decided to change to dancing instead, which was much better and LOL at Suho literally mesmerised by it. Heh. This guy has fallen in love! :heart:

Seo Joon is such a sweetie to his Omma. Love this side of him although I seriously think Hwang In Seop has too much make up on in some scenes.

Edit: Damnit, I knew I forgot something. Joo Kyung's sister - I love her! I love how calm and cool she is with the Teacher. Hahaha. So confident. So suave and taking charge. She's the namja in this budding relationship, hahaha. I am liking this side loveline already.

---

@Tofu Jae Wook has better hairstyle here than in Extraordinary You. Haha.

@JenL Andwae, Dan Oh belongs to Haru!

Episode 4 Preview

Episode 4 Sneak Peek

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Also, I think some of you from the LJW/DDSSLLS threads said you couldn't finish Extraordinary You because you couldn't bear to see LJW be hurt as second lead.. If you're missing LJW on screen, and like Hye Yoon as an actress, they appear together as a cameo (almost like Baek Kyung and Dan oh) on tonight's episode (Episode 4) of True Beauty and it looks like he's not 'second lead' here? :smug:

But I know it's not the same as watching DDSSLLS, so feel free to ignore if you're too deep in the GAR and LJW ship and cannot bare to see this :laugh: I became a LJW fan through Extraordinary You and I'm currently also watching True Beauty soooo I'm just excited :MewHi:  I can't remember who watched/liked Extraordinary You, or have seen a whole bunch of other LJW projects, so just tagging some of you: @twinkler0415 @Unnie0110 @Just_Me @eNDe 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, JenL said:

But I know it's not the same as watching DDSSLLS, so feel free to ignore if you're too deep in the GAR and LJW ship and cannot bare to see this :laugh:

Thanks for tagging me here so I can make a quick look of the ep 4 stills of LJW and I'm good! Yeah I can't watch him as Baek Kyung! hahaha...only Jun or Seol Ji-Hwan for me! 

----------

I'm not watching True Beauty but I hope everyone here have a good time watching it! May it be light and enjoyable till the end and bring you towards the new year with happy hearts! :hearties:

• Like 6

Second lead syndrome is hitting hard. I just want more scenes with Seo Joon. I had reservations when the actor was cast, but he’s actually making the character so much more lovable despite the limited screen time! The scenes with the main couple are super cute as well. I think CEW is doing well as SuHo so far!

@JenL I have to agree with @eNDe. Unfortunately I will have to skip this scene because it hurts my RaRaJun shipping heart too much. The fake gf in DDSSLL already did enough damage.:nervous:

Edited by CINNABOM
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1