Good to hear. He's actually garner a lot of popularity/attention through playing Ji Pyeong. :heart: Either way, he's the winner because he's on the path to be the leading man.

I saw a CTG cut of him crying (because he cried to Halmoni in Start-Up) so someone posted this. It was a lot more heartbreaking crying scene than Start-Up. Seems like he has a senile mother in CTG? That really pique my interest. I don't like makjang but I do like Feels and good acting.

We can run the club spazzing activities after the 100th Day celebration. Guess The Member event is coming up so I'll be busy.

Can you believe I don't know whether Oppas of mine have dimples? I think there are many BUT I don't know how I could miss it e.g. Seo Kang Joon. Some Mr. Dimples' dimples are just more prominant than others I think.

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 4
4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I saw a CTG cut of him crying (because he cried to Halmoni in Start-Up) so someone posted this. It was a lot more heartbreaking crying scene than Start-Up. Seems like he has a senile mother in CTG? That really pique my interest. I don't like makjang but I do like Feels and good acting.

Not very makjang la . Comedy , crime & romance. But yes he has a senile mum. He was good here . And he was also cute grumpy a lot of the times because FL was a new overzealous cop who didn't like to toe the line. :D

Okay we can start spazzing after the 100 Day Celebration. Need to focus on promoting that too. 

Kim Min Jae has dimples 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

Kim Min Jae has dimples 

:laugh: This one I know lar~ we've been spazzing together not long ago (feels like ages ago now). I meant other Oppas.

2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Not very makjang la

No lar, don't mean CTG makjang but general melodrama in that context (I'm lacking sleep so excuse my vocab). I do remember seeing comments about female lead being annoying (not listening).

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

I meant other Oppas.

You have so many...sure got some with dimples....ahahahah

2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

o lar, don't mean CTG makjang but general melodrama in that context (I'm lacking sleep so excuse my vocab). I do remember seeing comments about female lead being annoying (not listening).

On Soompi , there some complaints on the thread about her - yes she really was quite stubborn & continued to be so. I was sometimes annoyed as well but I managed to finish the drama because I loved his character a lot. 

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM Totally agree with your rant. My hearteu! My hearteu! I'm so glad there's this thread where we can be blatantly biased. :lol:

There's something about Kim Seonho's look that's not very "typical". Guess it's like what the Startup director said about him - there's a certain aura about him that adds to some mystery on screen. I think I'm gonna have to watch 1D2N now... hahaha...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Start Up effect on me is:

1 Im looking up of Seonho 2D1N eps and had so much laugh because he is getting played by everyone. And do you know he can't really handle spicy foods? Lolols. Precious bby:heart::laugh:

2 Im looking up of Joohyuk airport photos?? 2020 he glows up much, from cutie WLFKBJ to buffy in SU

In his shrine, lets preach Kim Seonho for his hard works well received. I'm going to watch Waikiki soon to have more laugh because of him. These days I even laughed a lot because of this 'paper doll' dancing (it's his nickname that he got because dancing? Lol). This twitter acc made edit with various songs of Seonho same dancing, its like a lame joke but how it fits with all rofl:laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

@abs-oluteM I am taking up your offer to rant here.

Spoiler

JP, the character, is the crux of Start-up. Remove him and you have no show.

The writer has used him, milked him, but didn't develop him. Even if he is not intended to end up with DM, you must at least show why. Just as you must show us why DS is the one. But there is nothing on both sides.

A good writer will not tease you for 10 episodes, then at episode 11 and 12 say, hey the first 10 are appetisers, this is the main dish, eat it. I will vomit.

And the worse thing, the romance is not even supposed to be the central part of this drama. But the rest of the show is so underdeveloped that we have no choice. This is bad writing. I've never seen a show like this and hope never to again. I think I will follow liliumscribe's lead next time.

And to share:

1.   I fast-forwarded the scene when DS and DM was at SST's old office terrace. So boring, didn't even want to watch it.

2.   DS begging JP to help with grandma, DS-DM breaking up - crying? I was yawning. Me, who cried during episode 2 of Mystic Pop-up Bar, which is a comedy.

🙄🙄🙄

@gilaswan @Lynne

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 4
  • Tasty 1

I'm in the minority here because I'm not watching Start Up. I absolutely adore Kim Seon Ho through his other projects, but more regularly through 2N1D S4. It took Kim Seon Ho a bit to warm up to variety at first but he is absolutely hilarious once he did.

I love his bromance with Din Din. They bicker and banter about almost everything, but they also have the cutest moments too. There was an episode back in the summer where they were given a list of ingredients and had to find the ingredients to make a kabob. It was an individual game but Kim Seon Ho kept giving Din Din the correct ingredient. He realized it after Yeon Joon Hoon called him out. When Din Din couldn't remember the last ingredient, the first person he called for help was Kim Seon Ho. Since they bicker and banter so much, it's hilarious when all of a sudden, Din Din goes, "Seon Ho Hyung". Kim Seon Ho couldn't resist and gave him the answer. He justified it as Din Din was going to lose the game anyway, which Din Din did and it was to Kim Seon Ho. Haha! Without fail, Kim Seon Ho calls Din Din cute all the time. Here's are some of my favorite clips of their relationship -- also Kim Seon Ho is Din Din's mom's favorite. She stopped by to cook them food in one of the episodes and afterward, only talked about how much she loved Kim Seon Ho. :laugh:

Spoiler

In this clip, Kim Seon Ho's drawing is evaluated and he has a lot of inner struggles with himself -- some lack of self confidence. And of course, his best "dongsaeng", Din Din was the first to give him a hug after his evaluation. 

Spoiler

This is probably one of my favorite clip of Kim Seon Ho and I think I've shared it with so many of you already too. Haha! Kim Seon Ho is so squirm-ish. I probably watch this clip whenever I need a pick-me-up. :laugh:

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Heart Eyes 3

Yay!thanks fo the Seon Ho medal.

Am glad to meet a fellow 2d1n fan @Tofu! As what Kim Jong Min predicted, Kim Seon Ho will benefit the most after joining the var show. KJM even said that KSH could become a superstar. Hahaha

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

In the strong Tower, I take refuge.

-----------------------------------

So far my top 2020 K-Dramas are 1. Hospital Playlist 2. Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim Season Two 3. CLOY 4. IONTBO

I started watching 2D1N last night. Can see Seon Ho was really awkward at the start, compared to all these other later clips shared. I like these variety shows cos despite the editing, there’s a lot of their own personality in the show. And given what happened to previous members, the producers have apparently screened very carefully for the current cast, right? Seon Ho is just so real. I really like screen actors who are also stage actors, like Sir Patrick Stewart (of Star Trek, Jean-Luc Picard). They really know their craft and are not in it for the fame and glitz. Nevertheless happy for him he’s finally recognised at the level he should be. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 5
19 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

I started watching 2D1N last night. Can see Seon Ho was really awkward at the start, compared to all these other later clips shared. I like these variety shows cos despite the editing, there’s a lot of their own personality in the show. And given what happened to previous members, the producers have apparently screened very carefully for the current cast, right? Seon Ho is just so real. I really like screen actors who are also stage actors, like Sir Patrick Stewart (of Star Trek, Jean-Luc Picard). They really know their craft and are not in it for the fame and glitz. Nevertheless happy for him he’s finally recognised at the level he should be. 

Hi, I was also sneaking into 2D1N last night ever since I got hooked to Seon Ho :CharmanderYay:

Thanks for Start-up, I got myself another bias besides LMH :love:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

I saw this on Netflix Korea and thought I'd share. Seems like they think KSH's acting is on point too: https://www.instagram.com/p/CH4I_YypJv4/

Also even though this is not super new (from October), I had fun watching as I always love magazine photo shoots and interviews. LOL on his lives and interviews he sure loves talking about food :laugh: I am glad he's a foodie :hearties::lol:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 6

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

We have many actors (young and old) with dimples, but the one and only Mr.Dimples is of course, Kim Seon-Ho! :love:

I'm very happy he's getting so much recognition for his character HJP in Start Up. I first noticed him in Strongest Delivery as well. I watched Chief Kim and love it a lot, but his role there didn't leave enough impression on me to remember him. So far, my favourite character of KSH would be HJP in Start Up, having NDR as his younger counterpart helps to build my love for HJP. I am so sold on this character that I had wished to see more of HJP story developed, as the lonely boy longing for love and affection, but sigh, I guess the drama is really more on the business side. May have to wait for another drama then. Looking forward to more main role offers for him so we can watch more of him on screen!

14 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

CTG - I will definitely check it out soon.

I highly recommend it. It's really fun. Look at these two silly main characters :laugh:

KSH's character there is such a great watch especially when he is with his senile mother. He is really a good son there, disguising himself to be his father so as to make his mother smile.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRxkB1db3i5ut4tiTba7A images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRgxtg-D-99L5sCEEShp1

@Chocolate I agree with you that HJP is the crux of Start Up. Without him, it won't be as interesting a watch. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@abs-oluteM I AM HEREEEEEEE ~~~~~

Guys, I don't think I have fallen this hard and this fast for a new oppa! :hearties: Those dimples just take no prisoners! I have never noticed them so prominently on an actor before. Did you realise he has different types of dimples? The little ones that pop in his cheeks and then those longer creases when he smiles wider! I may have bookmarked one too many videos on twt and studied them very closely! :pandalove:

I started watching 2D1N S4 over the weekend and have already gone through 6 episodes! I am really enjoying the show again (I haven't watched it since LSG left) and I have been in stitches the whole weekend because of it. So much so that I haven't watched the latest Start-Up eps yet. Hahah!

Thanks for sharing all the videos! I am opening them up to watch!

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, Jane said:

Guys, I don't think I have fallen this hard and this fast for a new oppa! :hearties: Those dimples just take no prisoners! I have never noticed them so prominently on an actor before. Did you realise he has different types of dimples? The little ones that pop in his cheeks and then those longer creases when he smiles wider! I may have bookmarked one too many videos on twt and studied them very closely! 

Jane , I normally study abs ...looks like I need to take some Dimple-ology class from you :lenny:

@Chocolate I completely agree with what you said -  JP for me adds the flavour to the drama . If not , I don’t think it would as interesting a drama . @Lynne @gilaswan seriously wonder if there will be a twist . Especially since KSH said it in his interview 

Let me drag @LaLa here to post . Since we hv been chatting about the drama  on twitter. Try to post before Friday is over to get his badge k ! 

@ktcjdrama since you brought up Nam DR , that one is really an oppa in the making . How time flies - he’ll be entering university this year.  NDR is always such a perfect choice to set the backstory for the male lead. But I hope he can lead his own drama more . 

@Tofu @JenL his off air personality is really quite the opposite of JP . He’s very unassuming IRL 

yay @Jesscisu drop by more . 

@Thong Thin @mademoiselle @-StrongTower-, the badge has a meaning . @bairama calls it the Dimples World Domination medal :smile:

• Haha 11
  • Heart Eyes 1

4 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

seriously wonder if there will be a twist . Especially since KSH said it in his interview 

I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong in my vote. That will be a very daring move by the writer, which I'd love to see. I just love to see Kdrama tropes/cliches be broken :pandaevil: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

This was a pairing I love . 

48 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong in my vote. That will be a very daring move by the writer, which I'd love to see. I just love to see Kdrama tropes/cliches be broken :pandaevil: 

Chances are slim , I mean k dramas usually don't dare deviate from the formula. Summore NJH and Suzy are from big agency Soop ..hard ler. I should just tamper my expectations . As long as JP gets good screen time and does not become like some sore loser, I will accept :shocked:

@ssteph have you posted here yet? Come post a hello...then get Mr Dimples medal/ badge

• Like 8
  • Heart Eyes 1