Havenites Dabang

On 2/27/2022 at 4:58 AM, Tofu said:

@Alice Wonderland @mademoiselle Kang Ha Neul does look really dirty in that pirate movie. I think that's why I avoided a lot of the photos of him in that movie.

The movie is now out on NF. I watched a bit but decided to leave it for another day and come play in here.

===

Has anyone seen the new Batman?

Please let me know how was it? Is it better than or just as good as The Dark Knight?

• Like 2

Long time no see. How is everyone doing?

14 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Please let me know how was it? Is it better than or just as good as The Dark Knight?

It's not better than Dark Knight, it's around the same, but for a different aspect. The atmosphere and the Gotham City are incredible well done. Batman aka Robert Pattinson is a bit weak, overall there is no character that stands out, but the mix of good actors and Gotham as a whole makes it a pleasant watch. 

I would still prefer to watch the Christopher Nolan Batman Trilogy, but "the Batman" is a well done, darker Batman movie with a sometimes too much Twilight-like Robert Pattinson. 

• Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
18 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The movie is now out on NF. I watched a bit but decided to leave it for another day and come play in here.

I will wait to hear from you on how you like it before I watch it. Haha!

• Haha 2

@Dhakra I thought you were gonna watch 2521?

@mademoiselle @TofuI saw the trailer for Pirate...hmmm I am not sure how I feel ..it just feels weird. Please give me feedback once you guys have watched it. 

I need to utilise my drama watching time properly so that I can juggle them all. Right now I think I may be in love with Tofu's new oppa :laugh:

• Haha 2
  • Tasty 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@Tofu @abs-oluteM It's a typical adventure (seeking for treasure) pirate movie. Kang Ha Neul is Goryeo's first sword :lmao2: They even have Yi Bang Won and mentioned Yi Song Gye as well as Choi Young. It was OK. Not fantastic - it's a light movie. I fell asleep near the end because I started lying down on the bed to watch, with the AC on and I got too comfortable and went to Zzzz instead. There are actually a lot of actors we know of such as Sung Dong Il, Kwon Sang Woo and many secondary actors we often see in dramas in it too. Unfortunately the most useless characters are EXO's Sehun and Chae Soo Bin. I mean, with their "names" in the industry, their story and screen time and involvement in the movie are completely unnecessary. Sehun was marketed to be like LOTR's Legolas but there's barely any scenes of him battling with his bow and arrows. All Chae Soo Bin does is trying to fawn over him like below. LOL.

a436172ad8a81cce9a9c45cee36e7aa0ce7d52976bb06e58e22e1b703f4f19778a8f9c8eee483cdc

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2

@mademoiselle I might have to pass then. I love Kang Ha Neul, but not sure if my love is that deep. Haha!

I picked up a couple episodes of Rookie Cops and the first three episodes were really upsetting. The sunbaes of the school basically practiced hazing/bullying as a way to "discipline". The professors didn't care when the class complained. It wasn't until a reporter caught on to the violence going on at this police academy funded by taxpayers before they did anything. I can't remember what episode I was on before I dropped it. Is anyone watching it? 

• Like 2

@Tofu Yeah it's not a movie that is a MUST watch. I've got something line up in my Baidu Cloud as well that I need to catch up on.

What made you try out Rookie Cops? I have only watched a little bit of episode 1 but couldn't find the mood to carry on. I watched Military Prosecutor Doberman this morning and it's actually not bad.

• Like 2

@mademoiselle I watched it because I saw that Chae Soo Bin was the female lead. I like her but her drama/movie choices haven't been the best lately. :idk:

I watched clips here and there of Military Prosecutor. I think I like Jo Bo Ah's character more when she's wearing her wig. :laugh: 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I watched it because I saw that Chae Soo Bin was the female lead. I like her but her drama/movie choices haven't been the best lately. 

True. I like her in Where Stars Land and really like her in A Piece of Your Mind but there are other dramas of hers that couldn't keep me interested.

4 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I watched clips here and there of Military Prosecutor. I think I like Jo Bo Ah's character more when she's wearing her wig.

Ahahaha, I wouldn't say no to a badass girl who kicks so many jerks' asses. She's definitely more interesting as a character in here than in Tales of 9 tailed. But then again there are only 2 episodes out so the drama could go downhill later.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Ahahaha, I wouldn't say no to a badass girl who kicks so many jerks' asses. She's definitely more interesting as a character in here than in Tales of 9 tailed. But then again there are only 2 episodes out so the drama could go downhill later.

That's very true. I think Do Be Man will find out about why she's a military prosecutor in the next episode. The new CEO of IM is kind of annoying and I feel a bit disgusted watching him. :lmao2:

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Tofu said:

That's very true. I think Do Be Man will find out about why she's a military prosecutor in the next episode. The new CEO of IM is kind of annoying and I feel a bit disgusted watching him.

Yeah. Right now I do like Ahn Bo Hyun's role as Do Be Man. Maybe it's also because I like his hairstyle :laugh: He's a bit of an anti-hero kind of character so I'm interested to continue. And yes, from the preview, there was a line from Jo Boa that tells Be Man that she is recruiting him to help.

The CEO of IM - who is this guy? I don't remember ever seeing this actor before. He's like another Taecyeon/Kwak Dong Yeon in Vincenzo. But the true Boss is his mother, isn't it? Wouldn't that mean she/they are related to Jo Boa's family?

• Like 3

@mademoiselle I think all the characters have their own hidden agendas. I don't know what Be Man's plans are but he's not 100% on board with the lawyer guy. 

I agreed that the mom seems like she's going to be the bigger villain and the CEO is just a pawn. I looked up the actor and apparently he's in Rookie Cops but why don't I remember him? He's part of the main group too. Hahahaha! He was at the boarding house in A Piece of Your Mind, but I don't remember him there either. Maybe I don't remember him because his character is not as sleazy as this one. :lmao2:

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Tofu said:

He was at the boarding house in A Piece of Your Mind

Oh really. Hmm, then he must the student who moved in later when the landlady broke out with the boyfriend. Like you, I could barely remember his face. He's so pretty he could pass as an idol.

I think Be Man pretends to do Lawyer Yoon's deed but in reality, he's also using the opportunity to carry out justice on those rich chaebols' son. I also think he was pretending to love money in front of Lawyer Yoon. This show will be about uncovering corruption in the military and linking it to IM for sure. And I wouldn't be surprised if Be Man's parents' death may be linked to IM's downfall... the story has to give him some motivation and cause to carry on. :thinking:

• Like 3
On 3/3/2022 at 3:53 PM, abs-oluteM said:

@Dhakra I thought you were gonna watch 2521?

Yeah....that was my plan. But then so much came together. Buying concert tickets. booking hotels, planning everything. Watching different movies and starting rewatching old stuff. Sigh....I feel like I should really begin to watch another KDrama soon.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 2/12/2022 at 2:09 PM, abs-oluteM said:

I started watching one segment of Return of Superman because one of my crushes is now on it with his daughter. 

I watch it for a different baby, Zen. He is soooooo adorable. I am sad that the Hammingtons left, but Zen is my solace

Edited by Nohamahmoud2002
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 3/7/2022 at 7:44 AM, Dhakra said:

Yeah....that was my plan. But then so much came together. Buying concert tickets. booking hotels, planning everything. Watching different movies and starting rewatching old stuff. Sigh....I feel like I should really begin to watch another KDrama soon.

Not too late to watch 2521..hahah...what concert are you going for?

@NiteWalker Work must be really busy...I  hope your family is doing okay?

@Nohamahmoud2002 Oh I remember seeing some bits of the other children too. They are all adorable in their own way. But I am surprised that the kids don't necessarily appear every week. Like the actor I like,  Baek Sung Hyun and his daughter has not appeared in the last 3 episodes

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Nohamahmoud2002 Oh I remember seeing some bits of the other children too. They are all adorable in their own way. But I am surprised that the kids don't necessarily appear every week. Like the actor I like,  Baek Sung Hyun and his daughter has not appeared in the last 3 episodes

The regulars other than Zen are

Shin Hyun-joon (from Stairway to Heaven) appears sometimes too.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
13 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

family was pretty okie i guess.....brother recover already from Covid and back to work....other than that...nothing much..

Glad to hear he's recovered. Was worried for you and your mum.

• Like 3

On 3/8/2022 at 12:23 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Not too late to watch 2521..hahah...what concert are you going for?

Sigh....yeah....is it good though? I already forgot what it was about :laugh:I am in a drama slumber again it seems.

It's a concert called KpopFlex in Frankfurt Germany on May 15th with several different artists that lasts for at least 4 hours.  It's a festival-like concert in a big Arena (Deutsche Bank Park). Many big korean groups (Mamamoo, G-Idle, Dreamcatcher, IVE, Monsta X, Oneus. AB6IX) will perform there, so I'm quite excited. Especially because of Mamamoo, who I really look forward to seeing live. I also saw Dreamcatcher twice already in Germany, so when they were announced as last act, I had to go. Just to make it three. 

Will be a great weekend, I'll take a good friend with me.

• Like 3
  • Party! 1
11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Glad to hear he's recovered. Was worried for you and your mum.

we're worried too when he was sent home with the news.....then we still ourselves and make sure to keep a good distance from him, he too make sure he follow the correct steps....keep himself mostly in the room and only out of the room for food/ bathroom and or to get some water....

then whenever he is out he is make sure to wear a mask....so i guess its kinda work well for all of us :)

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1