Havenites Dabang

5 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

One more copy to your mom!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10498421/Charming-Tinder-swindler-jailed-conning-millionairess-150-000.html

Wah how many tinder swindler out there 😱

I have a cuzzie who is like much older than  me, so his kids are already adults. His daughter met her husband via tinder. Happily married and have a son now. So am sure there are success story. But I am not sure though if I am personally comfortable with it for myself...there's still that fear there. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@TofuI think this voice dating is very hard to do hahaha.... It's a bit like job interview ler 🤣

* One guy want to marry woman who can cook so he won't do housework gosh 😅 And already announced he won't go to kitchen 🤣

* The comedian seems quite likeable and can make the ladies opened up more about theirself 

* The doctor a bit nice looking. And his voice also quite nice. And oh wow he's Korean - Japan. 

* The westerner couple seems can become friend instead of lover maybe. 

Like what you mentioned it's good that the age range is varied. As most of the are middle aged, they do have interesting view in life. 

@SnowBlobwatch this with us :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@abs-oluteM I know a few people who did online dating and it worked out for them too. I think you have to assume that out of all the millions of users, you might only find a handful that would be a good match for you. 

@abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea I played the Tinder documentary when I was working today and some of the ladies spent so much money. He was getting money from one person to fly to meet another woman. One of them took out close to 250k loans and is still paying it back. I don't know but if it's just someone I met recently, I wouldn't not take out any loans on their behalf. 

11 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

One guy want to marry woman who can cook so he won't do housework gosh 😅 And already announced he won't go to kitchen

Haha! I saw that and thought, "he's not going to find anyone here" because all the girls are pretty modernized. 

The doctor a bit nice looking. And his voice also quite nice. And oh wow he's Korean - Japan. 

When he said he was Korean living in Japan, I was like, "ahh, that explains why he's a dermatologist". :lmao2:

Like what you mentioned it's good that the age range is varied. As most of the are middle aged, they do have interesting view in life. 

Yeah, I think it was nice that they had such a wide range of age on the show. I do think the 56 yr old guy was much more mature than the rest and hope the best for him. That 23 yr old kid though..tsk..tsk.. LOL!

Tea, I watched the American one and wow...I don't think any of these couples will work out. Everyone lacks communications skills even though they all met through communicating. Hahaha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Tea, I watched the American one and wow...I don't think any of these couples will work out. Everyone lacks communications skills even though they all met through communicating. Hahaha!

Why you torture yourself 🤣 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea I played the Tinder documentary when I was working today and some of the ladies spent so much money. He was getting money from one person to fly to meet another woman. One of them took out close to 250k loans and is still paying it back. I don't know but if it's just someone I met recently, I wouldn't not take out any loans on their behalf. 

I think that woman managed to settle the debt cos bank helped her. But she still opened Go Fund Me and ask people to help her 🤐

Even if it's someone I know for long , I won't lend money or take loan for them. It's okay to get cheated in love, but not your money. That's my basic rule 🤣

Is there any other interesting dating show? I'm in the mood to watch other people's love drama 😂😂😂

-> I think I'll try Love Catcher.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

I watched the Tinder Swindler and belong to the group that think these women are crazy! It’s one thing to lose money that you have, and quite another to borrow to do so. What I deduce from this is that the women were blinded by his “wealth”, that’s why they fell into it. So I have no sympathy for them.

Frankly, if he didn’t flash the private jet etc, would they have done so? They wouldn’t. So it’s not all about love but rather greed, they thought they hooked a rich one and couldn’t let go.

The odd one is the woman who was only a friend. I wonder what she was thinking.

The last one who took his clothes to sell, she at least has some brains 😂

Btw, I caught a few minutes of Love And Leashes on Netflix. It’s a show about BDSM? 😱 Koreans are so open minded 😂. I bet you the girl is the Dom and the guy the Sub 🤣

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

The odd one is the woman who was only a friend. I wonder what she was thinking.

I know, right?! They weren't even super close friends. If someone I didn't know too well asked me for that much money, I would not give it away. I also agreed that since he was flashing his "wealth" in their face constantly it was easy for them to believe that he would pay them back. 

Love and Leashes was a fun watch. I appreciated the focus on accepting and loving who you are regardless of what you're into. The BDSM world is a bit wild and outside of Asian "norm", so I understand why it was so hard for Jihoo to be open about it. 

@mademoiselle I laughed a lot at their DS scenes too, but not because of what they were doing. I've seen almost everything Jun is in and I remember Seohyun as the girl in SNSD who loved to read self-help books -- thinking about those two like that, it was a bit different to see them as a Dom and a Sub. 

@SilverMoonTea Jun is adorable but this movie is probably not for you. He's the Sub in this. If he was the Dom, I would recommend because you like the bad boys type. :lenny:

• Haha 6
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

Love and Leashes was a fun watch. I appreciated the focus on accepting and loving who you are regardless of what you're into. The BDSM world is a bit wild and outside of Asian "norm", so I understand why it was so hard for Jihoo to be open about it. 

I liked it as well , at least I think the message of the story is a good one . It was funny at parts especially when Jun started barking . For a movie , plot & pacing was not bad . Essentially still a rom com . A nice break for me after all the angsty shows I seem to be watching. :hug:

@im0202 Are you feeling better ?

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

40 minutes ago, im0202 said:

I’m currently waiting for Thirty Nine~ 

Me too!!! I love the cast and my oppa Yeon Woo Jin is there. But story looks a bit angsty. Have you seen the trailers yet? 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@SnowBlobwatch this with us 

I still feel bitter after watching the last Korean dating show ~ my fav couple didn't become a couple (so I feel like I wasted my time :laugh: Why did they have to build things up nicely like  that so ppl would assume this couple would be together at the end???? Only to crush it at the very end?!?!!?). 

• Haha 5

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

15 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

I still feel bitter after watching the last Korean dating show ~ my fav couple didn't become a couple (so I feel like I wasted my time :laugh: Why did they have to build things up nicely like  that so ppl would assume this couple would be together at the end???? Only to crush it at the very end?!?!!?). 

Singles Inferno? Who were you rooting for?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Me too!!! I love the cast and my oppa Yeon Woo Jin is there. But story looks a bit angsty. Have you seen the trailers yet? 

Yeah I’ve seen the trailers! Do agree it looks like there will be some angst. I’m thinking it looks like a mix of romance/friendship/slice of life, so I am expecting some parts to be angsty...

Gonna give this drama a try because recently

I’ve been in a big kdrama slump! Only watched Squid Game and All of Us Are Dead in recent months lol.🙈

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
59 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Yeah I’ve seen the trailers! Do agree it looks like there will be some angst. I’m thinking it looks like a mix of romance/friendship/slice of life, so I am expecting some parts to be angsty...

Gonna give this drama a try because recently

I’ve been in a big kdrama slump! Only watched Squid Game and All of Us Are Dead in recent months lol.🙈

Of late I have been on drama fatigue , so not watching as many as I used to. Maybe Feb will bring in some new good shows.

I started watching one segment of Return of Superman because one of my crushes is now on it with his daughter. His little girl is super smart - can say a lot of words for a 14month old.

@ktcjdrama @SilverMoonTea recognise this actor from Voice 1 and 4?

They just joined ..maybe 2 episodes so far 

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

@abs-oluteM I've seen his daughter too and she is a genius -- super smart for her age! Even the camera crews are shocked by how quickly she catches on to things. He comes up with so many activities to do with her to increase her awareness and senses. I also like that his family is not pretentious. He buys a lot of second hand things/toys for his daughter. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
13 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Singles Inferno? Who were you rooting for?

Oh no..not Singles Inferno.. (although I must say I'm rooting of Ye-Won and the new guy). Anyway, I was talking about Heart Signal season 1 .. there were these two ppl who clearly liked each other and would make a cute couple but...they didn't end up with each other..duhhh :cry:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

1 hour ago, SnowBlob said:

there were these two ppl who clearly liked each other and would make a cute couple but...they didn't end up with each other.

The racing couple? Hahaha! I think you said he ended up marrying his idol and then she continued her career as an actress. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
6 hours ago, Tofu said:

The racing couple? Hahaha! I think you said he ended up marrying his idol and then she continued her career as an actress. 

Correct! I mean of course the racing guy got his happy ending (well so far at least), but still can't help to think that he should have, in the show at least ended up with that girl :laugh: It seems that he's a good guy ... if he ended up with that girl, maybe they could have still been together until today. Oh well :idk: Tofu!! 1n2d with Na In Woo should air today, but I'll only get to watch it tomorrow or something :duckhearts:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

Tofu!! 1n2d with Na In Woo should air today, but I'll only get to watch it tomorrow or something 

I know!! I'm so excited to see how the members are going to welcome their new maknae especially how Ravi will treat Na In Woo now that he's no longer the maknae. :lmao2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

I know!! I'm so excited to see how the members are going to welcome their new maknae especially how Ravi will treat Na In Woo now that he's no longer the maknae. 

Can't believe Ravi is no longer a maknae. Someone will call him HYUNG in the show!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2