Havenites Dabang

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL My little journal (gifted) doesn't have enough space for writing too many words. The ones I've written today is all I could fit 😅

Hahaha then what kind of a journal is that? It's just a tiny book for keeping lists :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

22 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Janeif you have time you should check out Our Beloved Summer. Maybe you'll like it. 

21 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

You should Jane, it is superb! Warm-hearted, cutie, witty and lovely. And I'd fall for CWS here, also the second lead guy is also cool. Well, you try then we can spazz together.

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Yes @Jane, I think Our Beloved Summer is a drama you'll appreciate too (and I believe it is your cuppa). We're only at episode 10 this week... the drama may go downhill later so feel free to wait till it finished airing just in case. HAHAHA!

Wow, so many of you calling out for me to watch it! I do have it on my Netflix list and I want to start it soon. I was surprised to find out that the filming of a documentary is part of the premise of the drama and how the OTP reconnects? Will let you all know if I do start it within the live airing period!

3 hours ago, JenL said:

Totally fair! And I can relate on some level - sometimes social interactions can be hard under pressure. I totally retreated with a lot o bad personal stuff that happened in 2021.

I hope you are feeling better too! For me, I felt like I only had so much capacity at that particular moment to engage positively. And maybe it's because I had a good December break so I feel like I am ready to face more of the world again in that positive frame of mind. :)

2 hours ago, JenL said:

Yesss!!! Are you enjoying it @Jane???  It's just so cozy and I'm so in love with that dreamy bookclub! 

Hahaha, yes, sssshhhhh, he's not that young. (But he totally is). Yeah he's played characters in their 30's a few times. I think it's because he can be styled to be more mature....also on an unrelated note, but related to what everyone was saying, you'll definitely like Our Beloved Summer. It's so pretty and nostalgic

I have only watched two episodes so far and I am liking the slower pace of the drama! Although my FF finger is working for some of the flashback scenes when it drags a little too long. The bookclub is adorable for having people of all age range, that was so unexpected for me. Speaking of book clubs, I watched the movie The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society. It's romantic historical drama and I really enjoyed it!

By the way, what do you guys record in your journal @JenL @SilverMoonTea @Jane? I was trying to write something important or interesting like Siwan in Run On but I find what I wrote so boring. But I really don't want to waste this journal since it was a gift. It's a small journal so I cannot write it like a diary and must keep it short.

Daily thoughts like what you shared may be fun to look back on in future! I have a 5-year journal where each page represents a date and you can record 5 years of thoughts on that particular day. I don't write in it every day though haha! This is my third year now and being able to read back the previous year's entries have been quite interesting (even though it was also totally mundane things like "I went out for the first time in a fortnight").

I have several other journals for other uses.

- My daily bullet journal for my schedule and to-dos. I also tape down paper memories like movie / show tickets, notes from friends, cards, etc. I occasionally attempt a tracker in there but I am not very good at this.

- A long-form diary when I want to ramble for pages. I can go for months in between writing them. But on days when I have a lot of things running through my mind and that's when I pull it out to write it down.

- A journal for quotes. I gather them from books, song lyrics, and shows.

I was packing my work desk recently and I found some of my old work notebooks. It was quite amusing and nostalgic to look at my to-dos from years ago and remember what a young worker bee I was then! Haha!

Edited by Jane
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Tofu I've watched A Year End Medley. I enjoyed most of the stories except the old couple (hahaha). But before that I wasted about 30 mins watching the wrong movie :laugh:. I thought it was New Year Blues so I watched that and kept wondering when will Han Ji Min, Lee Dong Wook and Won Jin Ah appear. Lee Dong Wook surprisingly has chemie with Won Jin Ah. Han Ji Min x Lee Jin Wook look good too. A bit sad though with the missed timing between her and Kim Young Kwang (why your Oppa [ok, ours] always get paired up with Noona ah?).

New Year Blues on the contrary was quite boring. I initially were going to finish it since there's Yoo Yoon Seok in there but couldn't and also I can't stand Lee Dong Hwi spouting bad Chinese Mandarin (it was hard to understand him). The combination of him and a Chinese actress just didn't work for me.

@Jane I used to write diary too but it was just on a normal notebook. Eventually stopped writing after internet became an essential part of my life and kdramas are more readily available that I spend more time on it than putting feelings into words. I definitely have more things to write back then because there were more interactions with school mates and dramatic events happening.

I like your idea about sticking memorable items like concert tickets in the journal. I do have those things I collected when travelling or went to Joe Hisaishi's concerts. I guess I recorded those somehow electronically but doing it on a journal is another beautiful way of recording a memory.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Kim Young Kwang (why your Oppa [ok, ours] always get paired up with Noona ah?).

IKR....sniff....but I am ok if the visuals match...I will check out the movies since both oppas are there. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I like your idea about sticking memorable items like concert tickets in the journal. I do have those things I collected when travelling or went to Joe Hisaishi's concerts. I guess I recorded those somehow electronically but doing it on a journal is another beautiful way of recording a memory.

And then you can decorate around the ticket or write little notes around it!

Travel journals are another way to use notebooks! I used to have a journal for each trip but honestly they were difficult to keep up with since I am too tired by the end of a long day of sight-seeing to record my thoughts or to make collages from brochures of the places I went to. I have seen some lovely journals that scrapbook such paper memories in travel journals though! 

Has everyone taken their booster shots? I took mine a few weeks ago. Today I just saw an article about a study claiming that a fourth booster shot will further increase antibodies!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

@Jane Travel journals are nice but require a lot of dedications and like you said, we'll be too tired after sight-seeing. I'm already happy if I could snap pictures of the food and record down the places I'd like to go back. Nowadays I keep business cards of restaurants I've visited (I also like check out the designs of the cards).

I think @Tofu has taken her booster shot, and @Chocolate too if I'm not mistaken? Mine is end of January. Which vaccine did you take? Any side-effects?

• Like 5

@Jane Hahahaha I don't have that many business cards collected. Mostly I keep the fine dining ones only because theirs you can tell they put in effort to make it pretty. I did chuck out some old ones where the businesses have closed down.

I was going to go for Pfizer again but none available in Jan so I went for Moderna instead. Fingers crossed.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2
23 hours ago, Jane said:

I have several other journals for other uses.

- My daily bullet journal for my schedule and to-dos. I also tape down paper memories like movie / show tickets, notes from friends, cards, etc. I occasionally attempt a tracker in there but I am not very good at this.

- A long-form diary when I want to ramble for pages. I can go for months in between writing them. But on days when I have a lot of things running through my mind and that's when I pull it out to write it down.

- A journal for quotes. I gather them from books, song lyrics, and shows.

I was packing my work desk recently and I found some of my old work notebooks. It was quite amusing and nostalgic to look at my to-dos from years ago and remember what a young worker bee I was then! Haha!

I am still analysing how to incorporate BuJo concept with daily TO DOs.....

The only time I wrote anything in a diary or journal was during school days when I had crushes. Those were fun to read after a long time and and I am reminded of crazy things 😂 But I worry someone opens my drawer and finds it. And what happens if I suddenly die! They will know all my secrets!

25 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I think @Tofu has taken her booster shot, and @Chocolate too if I'm not mistaken? Mine is end of January. Which vaccine did you take? Any side-effects?

Yes, have taken the booster. P-P-M. Not much side effects, just the arm was really sore for the booster. I think it's better to take it in the morning. By the time the sore arm sets in, it's time to sleep. For the booster, I took it at 8pm. The next day, suffered the sore arm the whole day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

The only time I wrote anything in a diary or journal was during school days when I had crushes. Those were fun to read after a long time and and I am reminded of crazy things 😂 But I worry someone opens my drawer and finds it. And what happens if I suddenly die! They will know all my secrets!

Hahahahaha this is funny! I had many of those crazy things written down too. My mum is known to have read my sister's diaries so I had mine locked up and eventually threw it away. Hahaha after you died you won't need to worry about your secrets 🤣

I'm doing the injection at 11am Sunday. Can't get a Saturday so will just take a sick leave if I feel like crap the following day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
18 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahahahaha this is funny! I had many of those crazy things written down too. My mum is known to have read my sister's diaries so I had mine locked up and eventually threw it away. Hahaha after you died you won't need to worry about your secrets 🤣

I'm doing the injection at 11am Sunday. Can't get a Saturday so will just take a sick leave if I feel like crap the following day.

What if I meet them in heaven???

All the best for the jab. Hope you don't feel too badly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, Jane said:

Has everyone taken their booster shots? I took mine a few weeks ago. Today I just saw an article about a study claiming that a fourth booster shot will further increase antibodies!

Me. Astra- Astra and the booster is Pfizer over the weekend.  I had a sore arm the next day but that was it. 

• Like 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

11 hours ago, Chocolate said:

What if I meet them in heaven???

Hahaha we don't even know if heaven or the such really exist. Worse come to worse, you'll just calmly say to them "It's all in the past". 😆 My best advice is, destroy them all right now. 😂 Ensure it goes into the rubbish bin and no one sees it and pick it out from the bin.

Back to journals, I have an issue with writing down a To Do list. As in, sometimes the To Do list needs to be updated and extended; how will that work without the list/task becoming messy and traceable in the journal? Because I dislike mess so I use sticky notes app on the PC instead if there were too many things I need to do and my memory failed me.

I tried to use Microsoft Planner but definitely not utilising this very well but I like the bit that it acts as a reminder.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
On 1/5/2022 at 9:31 PM, mademoiselle said:

I was going to go for Pfizer again but none available in Jan so I went for Moderna instead. Fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed you won't feel much side effects!

On 1/5/2022 at 10:21 PM, Chocolate said:

I am still analysing how to incorporate BuJo concept with daily TO DOs.....

How's the exploration going? Found any style you prefer? 

On 1/5/2022 at 10:21 PM, Chocolate said:

Yes, have taken the booster. P-P-M. Not much side effects, just the arm was really sore for the booster. I think it's better to take it in the morning. By the time the sore arm sets in, it's time to sleep. For the booster, I took it at 8pm. The next day, suffered the sore arm the whole day.

Lucky you! Agree, better to take as early as possible so you can sleep off most of the after effects.

23 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Me. Astra- Astra and the booster is Pfizer over the weekend.  I had a sore arm the next day but that was it. 

Phew! Astra's not approved here so interesting to hear about the effects from this combi.

12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Back to journals, I have an issue with writing down a To Do list. As in, sometimes the To Do list needs to be updated and extended; how will that work without the list/task becoming messy and traceable in the journal? Because I dislike mess so I use sticky notes app on the PC instead if there were too many things I need to do and my memory failed me.

I tried to use Microsoft Planner but definitely not utilising this very well but I like the bit that it acts as a reminder.

I just keep writing on the new to-dos! Because mine is a weekly page, I will just transfer uncompleted to-dos to the next week's page. I use Planner for my project teams, I like it because I can use it within Teams but it's most effective when everyone checks and we are all updating it properly.

• Like 4
  • Party! 1

2 minutes ago, Jane said:

hew! Astra's not approved here so interesting to hear about the effects from this combi.

From "real world studies" in Malaysia (done by our ministry of health)  , AZ actually had not many with  adverse effects (no deaths)  despite all the bad press it got earlier on.  My hubs, mum and a gf had the same combo and were fine too. 

This is in Malay , the ministry of health practices  very transparent data sharing . 

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@mademoiselle Hahaha! I skipped a lot of the older couple too. I did watch a bit of their ending scenes and it was cute. I'm glad you enjoyed it and 100% agreed on your comment about KYK. A part of me wished they ended up together. :cry:

I won't watch New Years Blue then. My attention span is already short in general. Haha!

About the booster shot, I did get mine! I got Moderna. I was really tired in the evening but was fine the next day. I moved my arm a lot the day I got it and I had no soreness the next day. 

I'm glad everyone is getting their vaccine or booster. I've been working a lot with COVID positive clients which is why I haven't been as active the last few days. The trend I've been seeing is that the ones who are vaccinated have milder symptoms than the ones who are not. Many were asymptomatic and continued to stay that way. At most, some developed a cough and/or stuffy nose. The ones that are not vaccinated are having more symptoms (fevers, chills, sore throat, loss of taste/smell, cough, congestion, fatigue, etc.). Even with our employees, those who are not vaccinated on average are out for 2-3 weeks while the vaccinated ones are ready to come back in just a few days. 

Right now, our hospitals are completely over capacity. It's so hard on the hospital staff who are already understaffed to begin with. They are doing emergency only surgeries. If your condition is not life threatening, they tell you to go home. It's pretty crazy right now, so please stay safe everyone!! 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
On 12/31/2021 at 9:14 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

Hahaha think we can ask @LaLa for tips to learn Korean... 

On 12/31/2021 at 9:15 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Yes @LaLa has told me how she learned Korean before...maybe she can give more tips. 

Hi hi~ Because I used to interact with you both on twitter I forgot to log in here as well and only now I saw your mention. :) 

Well I don't know if I can give any useful tips to you because it's not like I'm already fluent in it either. Hmm maybe it will be easier if you recognize the letter like the vocal and consonants first? Because that was the first thing I learned by myself. I tried to make myself familiar with it and with how it mixed to form a word and later sentences. After I got familiar with the Korean alphabets, I started to read the hangul for familiar terms that we always hear it at least in drama, or in my case inside a song or variety shows. It takes a lot of time but be familiar, but because we almost encounter the Korean word and sentence almost every time we watch the dramas or variety shows, I believe it will be a lot of help :) 

-----

Although it's already pretty late, I wished everyone for a happy new year. Hopefully 2022 will be a better year than 2022. I don't know if I dare to have a resolution or plans for the year because for the past years it didn't go smoothly, either because of myself or other variable things. My simple wish for now is that for the pandemic to end as soon as possible. :duckpout: 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Party! 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

2020 has better dramas than 2021, @Tofu

Spoiler

Although I shouldn't complain since my VIP bias gave me two dramas in a year :pandaheadstomp:

The upcoming dramas in 2022 don't entice me as much until I get some teasers LOL. Maybe Big Mouth and Tomorrow although Big Mouth might be more Oppa driven than plot driven. I'm sure you know this year seems to be back to Lawyer theme again, I don't know how I feel about that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@Tofu @mademoiselle I have to say , compared to 2021, there are no specific dramas that I am so excited for unlike in 2021. Partially I am overwhelmed by all the drama news that is coming. It is not just the usual broadcasters - we have so many OTT platforms streaming their own shows.

True that there seems to be plenty of legal shows from just my list alone (2021 was a record year of sageuks for me. I watch most except one . LOL!) . Some I am interested in

1. Chaebol's Youngest ( Song Joong Ki, Shin Hyun Been)

2. Doctor Lawyer ( So Ji Sub , SSR)

3. The Good Detective S2

4. Let's Start The Defense (Lee KyuHyung and Jung Ryo Won)

5. Weird Lawyer ( Park Eun Bin, Kang Tae Oh)

6. Business Proposal ( Ahn Hyo Seop and Kim Se Jong)

7. Thirty Nine

On 1/9/2022 at 8:24 PM, LaLa said:

My simple wish for now is that for the pandemic to end as soon as possible. :duckpout: 

IKR...third year in a pandemic. Crazy.

Anyway definitely recommend New Year's Medley to all if you need a quick pick me up and feel good movie. Was well done. Good recommendation by @mademoiselle

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

1. Chaebol's Youngest ( Song Joong Ki, Shin Hyun Been)

4. Let's Start The Defense (Lee KyuHyung and Jung Ryo Won)

5. Weird Lawyer ( Park Eun Bin, Kang Tae Oh)

6. Business Proposal ( Ahn Hyo Seop and Kim Se Jong)

Oh yeah I will check out SJK's, PEB's and AHS's dramas. Not sure about Lee Kyu Hyung's yet.

IKR...third year in a pandemic. Crazy.

Time flies! Can't believe we've fought COVID for 2 years now but CRIES. The shelves are emptied for toilet papers again :jinbtscry: Just because the cases are rising and the govt said one way or another we all bound to catch COVID so make sure we stock up on paracetamol and ibuprofen and poof... some supplies start disappearing off the shelves and I'm pretty sure he didn't say stock up on toilet papers but people decided they need A LOT of toilet papers (not tissue papers) during isolation (which is 7 days only if later tested negative).  :GengarPout: And because many people are getting it, it affects food supplies too since these workers had to isolate.:jiminbtssigh:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1