Havenites Dabang

@SilverMoonTea @Tofu ah... why?? you two are so unfaithful! Am I the only one who finished it?? Lols. I was trying to boost my mood, I feel so drained from watching ending TRS. But look what I've done, the heartbreak from TRS isnt over yet here I am watching another tear-jerker drama TOO. I was wondering why drama with title one and only always to be sad story. Sigh... I know I will be heartbroken watching this but I cant stop watching. Sigh. 

Now I need Tae In dose, my mood booster after those tear consuming hours I spent. But it's too early here, still 9pm. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

A curious question: Now that we are in 2022, which kdrama is the best and which is your favourite from 2021 (completed)? I am still contemplating on mine but is curious what's everyone's? Haha.

I have been giving this some thought. But I would say The Red Sleeves is number one for me because it was just perfect in every way. The storytelling, the casting, the balance of politics and romance , the production quality and the pacing. 

Others which I loved and felt satisfied ( no particular order) 

Run On ( this was more 2020) ,  Vincenzo, Beyond Evil, Racket Boys, Dali & Gamjatang, DP, Move To Heaven, Navirella, Youth Of May,   Work Now Drink Later, The Devil Judge, Taxi Driver , Bossam , She Would Never Know, Hospital Playlist S2

I would have put The Kings Affection there if the plot was better and they had less episodes. Also Monthly House - the ending gave me pain.  :poliWeird:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

His international fan base is no joke.

I am scared of them myself. I like fangirling quietly without arguing with anyone.

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I think I miss those days when he wasn't so big. It was hard to find IG accounts etc - there was only one whom I had followed for a few years. Now the fandom thinks they own him or something, 

Oh yes I can relate, I too also prefer my Oppa not too famous. It's annoying if there's absolutely none since I need resources (translated articles/videos etc) 

I can relate too. I prefer being a silent fan. Prefer SJK's time before DOTS era. There were not many fans translated Korean - English at that time so it was difficult to got updates about him. But before DOTS, fangirling life was peaceful and I liked it. I miss it 😭

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 3
11 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

ah... why?? you two are so unfaithful! Am I the only one who finished it?? Lols.

Hahaha! You might have been the only one between the three of us that finished it. I think @SilverMoonTea might have finished more episodes than me too. It just wasn't as exciting any more. I think of how good the historical one was, I had too much expectation and it couldn't live up to that for me. :cry:

@mademoiselle I think my overall favorites were from different years (Hot Stove League, Duel, and Avenger's Social Club). But if you're talking strictly aired in 2021, probably (no particular order) Move to Heaven, Law School, Taxi Driver, Dali and Gamjatang, and Navillera. In Chinese dramaland, it was One and Only, You Are My Hero, and The Long Ballad. I also had a favorite couple from all the dramas I watched and it was from a drama I disliked. Hahaha! They were the second couple in the drama and I skipped through 36 episodes just for their scenes. :lmao2:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

@abs-oluteM @Tofu Thank you for sharing your best and fave. :heart:

You guys have named a lot and I was struggling on limiting it to one for Best and Fave, lol. I can't decide on the BEST or FAVE this year. The Red Sleeve is definitely close to being the Best for its very high production value and good acting; however, it isn't quite there on a personal level because I am not obsessed about it... if you guys know what I mean. I think I ended up picking She Would Never Know as my fave of the year during our Drama card game.

Yeah TKA @abs-oluteM can't make it to either category for me as well. Inasmuch as I liked my boy that drama didn't capture my heart in the second half. I even grew frustrated with the development for all the characters/storyline.

@Tofu If Duel was from 2021, it'd be my pick as well. I was on obsessed level with that one for quite a while and did some re-watching. It's not the Best but it was definitely a Fave.

@ssteph Hear. Hear. SJK has his fair share of shipping wars and divorce issue going public. I can imagine how draining to see it all the time on SNS.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2
13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh yes I can relate, I too also prefer my Oppa not too famous. It's annoying if there's absolutely none since I need resources (translated articles/videos etc) but having too many stans indeed can become disturbing and mentally exhausting. I much prefer our style of love for our Oppa at the Oppa thread.

I actually wish to become stan to one oppa. But I have oppa ADHD. Whenever I think this oppa will become my one and only, the next day / month, another oppa caught my eyes :lmao2: 

@Alice WonderlandI think FaE romance not so interesting, they already engaged and nothing much left to be desired hahaha...And his family really annoying. I stop at around ep 9, and daily complaining to @Tofu:laugh:

• Haha 6
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

20 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

A curious question: Now that we are in 2022, which kdrama is the best and which is your favourite from 2021 (completed)? I am still contemplating on mine but is curious what's everyone's? Haha.

I watched a lot of dramas live in 2021 but now while looking through, realised that not many in 2021 are truly memorable or re-watchable. Does that mean it was a waste of time? 😱 Maybe better to binge after the drama has good reviews 🤔

Would have to say the best for me is Beyond Evil.

The rest that I enjoyed and no regrets watching:

Lovers of the Red Sky

Mouse

Mr Queen

The Devil Judge

Law School

Squid Game

The Silent Sea

On 12/31/2021 at 9:56 AM, abs-oluteM said:

I think my resolution this year is to pick up a new skill. I think I do need to learn Korean properly...

I tried last year with the Duolingo app. It's really really hard. Italian is easier 😂 But I don't have flair for languages.

22 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

His international fan base is no joke. They rallied behind him in that scandal that I wish to forget ...made sure he won the AAA too. I am scared of them myself. I like fangirling quietly without arguing with anyone.

I miss the quarelling days before BinJin confirmed 🤣🤣🤣. I like the "WTH is she talking about?" and thinking to myself, should I write something to correct her? But what if I get attacked back? 😅

Happy New Year everyone. I haven't completed my resolutions and there is a long list. The last 2 years with covid and wfh have cultivated some bad and unproductive habits which must change. There are so many things to do and learn. Glad to read that things are improving/turning out well for @Darkarcana and @Jane.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
31 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Lovers of the Red Sky

I would have included this but I felt something lacking towards the end. It was a decent watch but maybe the story/ plot could have been tighter, at least for me. I do love the pairing and I was invested enough to even stream it live. 

@ssteph Wow you are really a long time SJK fan. Actually it was DOTs that introduced me to him and to kdramas. But among all that I have watched, personal faves are VC and Innocent Man ( so makjang but I love it ahahaah) 

• Like 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

The last 2 years with covid and wfh have cultivated some bad and unproductive habits which must change. There are so many things to do and learn.

Same I also think so... The good thing from this pandemic is... I gained some cooking skills! I somehow survived so many years without going to kitchen before 😅

And I did complete lot of books (tho not sure how much useful it is, as my fav is murder crime mistery genre 😂). Life improvement books all halfway 😅

• Haha 5

On 1/2/2022 at 9:46 PM, mademoiselle said:

Looking at my tiny list of completed dramas (some of you guys' favourites are longer than it), I would have to say that my favourites were Run On and Birthcare Centre. But since they are more 2020 dramas than 2021, I will include You Are My Spring for how beautifully it mixed mystery, healing, romance and family.

@JenLI am finally watching When The Weather Is Fine! I didn't know Jae Wook is in this drama and I had to do a little of math to realise he was only 22 but playing several years above his age!

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

@NiteWalker this reminds me of We Got Married ...ahhh those days of fake marriage btwn celebrities...that was fun. 

@SilverMoonTea @Tofu @Alice Wonderland you guys watched Imitation right? This actress/ idol was one of the Tea Party girls right? 

@Janeif you have time you should check out Our Beloved Summer. Maybe you'll like it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Yes @abs-oluteM she acted as Minji in Imitation. What show is it? Is that guy on thunbnail suju member? He looks like yesung I think. I'm too lazy to play the video  🤭

39 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Janeif you have time you should check out Our Beloved Summer. Maybe you'll like it. 

You should Jane, it is superb! Warm-hearted, cutie, witty and lovely. And I'd fall for CWS here, also the second lead guy is also cool. Well, you try then we can spazz together. 😄

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 5

Yes @Jane, I think Our Beloved Summer is a drama you'll appreciate too (and I believe it is your cuppa). We're only at episode 10 this week... the drama may go downhill later so feel free to wait till it finished airing just in case. HAHAHA!

By the way, what do you guys record in your journal @JenL @SilverMoonTea @Jane? I was trying to write something important or interesting like Siwan in Run On but I find what I wrote so boring. But I really don't want to waste this journal since it was a gift. It's a small journal so I cannot write it like a diary and must keep it short.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 12/24/2021 at 4:10 PM, Tofu said:

I still wait up at the same time even though I'm off work. My body is just programed to wake up at the same time everyday. :cry:

This is me also...but I had insomnia last night which made it worse because I don't know if I actually slept at all. Today has been a blur :VulpixZZZ:

On 12/25/2021 at 10:57 AM, mademoiselle said:

Have you guys seen this short film before? I thought about it again yesterday and did a re-watch @abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea @JenL @Tofu @Chocolate @Dhakra @stroppyse @ktcjdrama

It's so good... would have worked too if it's a proper 12-16 episodes drama. I'd totally watch. Hyung Sik was so gorgeously handsome in here. Han Ji Min also was pretty. Hehehehe

Still have to watch this actually! I will get onto this before my leave ends! :popcorn:

On 12/26/2021 at 10:18 PM, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea I'll check it out when it's available online/NF. I don't want to go to the cinema and take the chance of being exposed to Covid. I heard from people who went, there are no more 1.5m distancing.

Haha that is true, I have watched a movie since end of lockdown and there's noooo social distanncing. Luckily the films I did see were quiet so had a lot of space naturally :idk:

• Like 5

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 12/28/2021 at 2:59 PM, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle I keep wondering if I missed a news article about them starring in a sageuk because I don't understand the long hair trend. Most of them look much better with shorter hair.

Totally agree with this! Maybe it's just the post covid look that is popular :laugh: But I know LJW was saying he really really wanted to cut his hair but the filming is still on-going for Return. Feels like that drama has been fiilming forever.

On 12/29/2021 at 10:55 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

Anyone watching this Netflix show, Single Inferno? It seems like The Bachelorette but in milder version. 

It came to my attention due to the its controversion :lol:

But the title sounds more spicy than Bachorlette :laugh: How is it going?

On 12/29/2021 at 3:21 AM, Darkarcana said:

That said. I'm not in like a lost situation right now, I'm actually the opposite. I finally start to move...I went on to study something different, in hopes I may find a better job in the future. I start to pick up some skills like driving etc. Is this healing and growing? 

It sounds like you're moving in a positive direction. I'm a number of years past 22 and one pearl of wisdom that I've recently come to value: If you compare time and money, time is the more limited resource that you can never ever make more of - so if there are things you're interested and things you want to do, do them before time runs out in your life otherwise you're going to regret it. If things don't work out, it's fine at least you learnt some lessons and you don't keep wondering 'what if'. But often things do work out or you get guided to things that are more suitable to you. Also people who tell you not to do things often have agendas or feel threatened due to their own issues, their advice is not everything. Anyway, hope that helps! :MewHi:

On 12/30/2021 at 3:05 PM, Tofu said:

How is COVID where everyone is at? So many people I know is testing positive for COVID that I've lost count. 

YES. It's reached my inner circles. I have a close group of friends and a few of them have it or are a close contact. I haven't been to crowded places much and definitely haven't caught up with a lot people! :lettalKWA:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Shocked 1

44 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

By the way, what do you guys record in your journal @JenL @SilverMoonTea @Jane

My journal very patchy, I can stop for couple of months and thanks you just reminded me to start again 😅

I put my expenses and financial update :lol:, I also recorded book & drama that I love. I have tracker for sleeping & coffee intake, as I tried to see the correlation between drinking coffee & my insomnia. I think the result they have relation. But I'm too addicted to coffee and can't stop drinking it.:PikachuFacePalm:

In 2022 I want to put nice quote that meaningful for me. If I go to new place that memorable, I plan to record it as well. 

In Instagram you can check #bujo, #bujoideas to see other people journal. Mine will never be as nice as them 🤣

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, JenL said:

But the title sounds more spicy than Bachorlette :laugh: How is it going?

It's quite addictive @Tofucan vouch for it too. But I just watched other dating variety show called Transit Love, and this one more emotionally taxing and I got so overwhelmed by it :nervous: So I'm going to watch criminal drama and no romance for a while :laugh:

P.s I still can't get over the show you mentioned, Farmer Looking for a Wife 🤣🤣🤣. Can I just get the farm without the farmer? Felt like want to migrate to some place that is more relax 😆 Hmm in the other hand maybe the farmer can be useful to take care the farm 🤔

• Haha 5

On 12/31/2021 at 12:44 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Resolution 2022

Life 

- Save more money to get retired faster :psweatduck:

- I think I need to go outdoor / exercise more. And eat less carbo. I have 'arm flab pandemic' now 😅🤣

- Listening more to TED / more serious topics to increase knowledge. I have to admit my celebrity news update always top notch, but end up idk what's happening with the rest of the world :laugh:

Oppas 

- Stop picking up oppa just based on the looks :laugh:, quality is more important.

That's all. Too many will be overkill haha... Share with me yours! 

Hahahaha I have all the same ones as you except I think my Oppas are top quality...because I didn't adopt 32 last year :laugh:

On 12/31/2021 at 12:52 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

@DarkarcanaThanks for sharing your story. Eventhough I'm much older than you, I often felt lost too. Sometimes I wish I do something that I passionate for, rather than just for make a living. But it's real life world, sometimes being practical to survive also not so bad. In any case, all the best on your new study. 

I think that's a lot of us too! Trust me, no one knows what they're doing - even the ones who seem like they have it all together. I go through an existential crisis every few months :laugh: These last few days I've been questioning my whole existance as well.

On 12/31/2021 at 2:29 PM, Tofu said:

I didn't read nearly as much this year, so I would like to read more next year. 

Totally agree! I think my 100 books list has only had like 2 books ticked off :psweatduck:

On 12/31/2021 at 4:41 PM, mademoiselle said:

Hey @JenL another zombie drama coming soon!

Hehe...I actually knew about this one awhile ago since someone on Twitter was going forward to it. I don't know many people in it, but I look forward to zombies in schools, since we've already had zombies in trains (Train to Busan), apartments (Happiness, Alive), countryside (The Odd Family: Zombie for Sale), detective agencies (Zombie Detective:laugh:

On 1/1/2022 at 2:27 PM, mademoiselle said:

I'm further more thankful that I have this safe haven and you Havenites to chit-chat on Kdramas and Oppa, and hang out with every day and that you guys, too, are safe and well wherever you reside.

Awww, we are thankful for you too...I think I speak for everyone who's interacted with you here when I say you are always good at making everyone feel welcome and remembering their drama habits :heart:

On 1/2/2022 at 1:20 AM, Jane said:

I retreated from online social interactions quite a bit in the second half of 2021

Totally fair! And I can relate on some level - sometimes social interactions can be hard under pressure. I totally retreated with a lot o bad personal stuff that happened in 2021. :letalQQ:

On 1/2/2022 at 10:48 PM, abs-oluteM said:

His international fan base is no joke. They rallied behind him in that scandal that I wish to forget :heiboi:...made sure he won the AAA too. I am scared of them myself. I like fangirling quietly without arguing with anyone.

They are scary. I try to stay away from the most extreme of fandoms... :psweatduck:

On 1/3/2022 at 12:46 AM, mademoiselle said:

I much prefer our style of love for our Oppa at the Oppa thread.

Hahahaha where we each accumulate Oppa harems? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

On 1/3/2022 at 12:46 AM, mademoiselle said:

I don't know if I can choose between the top 7 that I loved last year: Move to Heaven, Taxi Driver, Racket Boys, Squid Game, The Witch's Diner, The Uncanny Counter and Superior Shaman Ga Doo Shim

But if you pointed a gun at my head :KittyGun: and really forced it upon me, I think the winner by a hair was Move to Heaven . Maybe that winning magic was Lee Jae Wook as well as Lee Je Hoon :laugh:

• Haha 5

44 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

My journal very patchy, I can stop for couple of months and thanks you just reminded me to start again 😅

I put my expenses and financial update :lol:, I also recorded book & drama that I love. I have tracker for sleeping & coffee intake, as I tried to see the correlation between drinking coffee & my insomnia. I think the result they have relation. But I'm too addicted to coffee and can't stop drinking it.:PikachuFacePalm:

In 2022 I want to put nice quote that meaningful for me. If I go to new place that memorable, I plan to record it as well. 

In Instagram you can check #bujo, #bujoideas to see other people journal. Mine will never be as nice as them 🤣

I received a journal for 2021 as well and like you, stop for months. I tried to use it for work - doesn't work. It's worst for personal use. I don't record expenses unless I travel because I am not a big spender. In certain months I might spend more but others I will just be paying rent & bills and I can't be bothered recording those.

Meaningful quote is a good idea however I don't think I have that everyday. Like today all I wrote were:

X location → Doc → Fast too long couldn't do blood test.

Specsavers → new glasses → $X after claiming private insurance.

Check work emails 15 mins → I should stop!

:VulpixZZZ: see how boring and insignificant these are? LOLLLL

27 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hehe...I actually knew about this one awhile ago since someone on Twitter was going forward to it. I don't know many people in it, but I look forward to zombies in schools

I posted the trailer in your drama thread and noted that I belatedly realised an Oppa of mine is in there. I wasn't sure if I'd watch this and now I'd because I wanna see him haha.

29 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahahaha where we each accumulate Oppa harems?

Hahahahaha anything. I like that we don't get defensive at one another like their stans do and we can discuss a lot of things openly and respectfully, as well as exchange or ask questions we wonder about without prejudice/judgement etc and on other days we just simply have fun and joke around.

It's also amusing to just see everyone spazzing & swooning at their acquired Oppa at the time.

• Haha 4
On 1/3/2022 at 2:59 AM, ssteph said:

I can relate too. I prefer being a silent fan. Prefer SJK's time before DOTS era. There were not many fans translated Korean - English at that time so it was difficult to got updates about him. But before DOTS, fangirling life was peaceful and I liked it. I miss it 😭

Hahahaha, I can relate. Actually I really like it when your Oppa is fairly new-ish, but starting to get popular. If you discover them in that golden window, there's less fans to be weird and possessive, the fandom is more chill but often there's a few super fans who will sub things AND your Oppa has more time to interact with fans :BulbaOWO: Some Korean and Taiwanese Oppas repost fan art or reply to fan comments. I discovered Jasper Liu in that window and it was fun - he use to like fan's posts. Also I'll never forget that day at work when I openned instagram and was weirded out by my 500 likes only to find it was because Jasper had liked and reposted one of my pictures. It made my day :heart:

Now he's too popular to do any of that (and has been swallowed up into the hectic C-Dramaland) which is fair, but I do miss early fan days! :mine:

19 hours ago, Jane said:

@JenLI am finally watching When The Weather Is Fine! I didn't know Jae Wook is in this drama and I had to do a little of math to realise he was only 22 but playing several years above his age!

Yesss!!! Are you enjoying it @Jane??? :BulbaOWO::BulbaOWO::BulbaOWO: It's just so cozy and I'm so in love with that dreamy bookclub! :wow:

Hahaha, yes, sssshhhhh, he's not that young. (But he totally is). Yeah he's played characters in their 30's a few times. I think it's because he can be styled to be more mature....also on an unrelated note, but related to what everyone was saying, you'll definitely like Our Beloved Summer. It's so pretty and nostalgic :wow:

Yes @Jane, I think Our Beloved Summer is a drama you'll appreciate too (and I believe it is your cuppa). We're only at episode 10 this week... the drama may go downhill later so feel free to wait till it finished airing just in case. HAHAHA!

By the way, what do you guys record in your journal @JenL @SilverMoonTea @Jane? I was trying to write something important or interesting like Siwan in Run On but I find what I wrote so boring. But I really don't want to waste this journal since it was a gift. It's a small journal so I cannot write it like a diary and must keep it short.

Purpose tracking journals: I have a journal to do the '3 good things' exercise (where you think of 3 things that made your day that day and why) and I have other exercises like that. 3 good things is good for getting you out of a rut and it makes you more grateful for little things :heiboi:

Prompt based journals: Or what you can do is look up good journal prompts - which give you a 'topic' to focus on each day. ie. what was your earliest memory as a kid? If you could move somewhere right now where would you go. Write the prompts on scrap paper, put it in a jar and pick out topics...or if lazy just google a prompts list and go down the list answering one question a day :laugh:

Crafting journals hmmm, depends on the size of journal and if you like to stick stickers/ picture more than write...if motivated you could do aesthetic/ crafting journalling? I sometimes make them for dramas, or pets or special occasions, or memories :MewHi:  Here's one I made for SOOD. Actually I made a journal page for Hyun x Dami from The King's Affection too to get that out of my system also LOL...I just can't find the notebook at the moment...  :laugh:ImX56sp.jpg 

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

P.s I still can't get over the show you mentioned, Farmer Looking for a Wife 🤣🤣🤣. Can I just get the farm without the farmer? Felt like want to migrate to some place that is more relax 😆 Hmm in the other hand maybe the farmer can be useful to take care the farm 🤔

Hahaha I will never understand reality TV. Especially not Australian reality TV. :idk:

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 4