Havenites Dabang

7 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle Of course, I would for Choi Woo Shik! It actually looks pretty interesting too. For that Kang Ha Neul movie though....yeah, I don't know. I've seen him with facial hair in River Where the Moon Rises but I don't know if I'm into that hair with the facial hair. It looks...dirty? :thinking:

Hahahahaha yeah it does look dirty.

TGIF!!!

Deluxe Taxi is coming to Netflix btw.

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
On 12/11/2021 at 1:01 PM, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu @JenL @ktcjdrama What if Li Zi Wei is played by Chae Jong Hyeop?

I would be overjoyed! :laugh: But I also think that they might have trouble aging him up since he's quite youthful. I think we would do the high school and uni roles well...but don't know the maturity of the older roles.

On 12/12/2021 at 12:33 AM, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle Hahaha! I think Chae Jong Hyeop has similar vibes to Li Ziwei, but I don't know if he has the acting range for such a complex character yet. Because I like Chae Jong Hyeop more than AHS, my oppa heart would have responded more favorably if it was him. :laugh:

Yes, yes, my love for Oppa means I would accept more readily! :BulbaOWO:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Popping in to say hello! I've been busy this past week since I lived at the Korean Film Festival. Saw the following:

Favourites for this festival :CharmanderYay:

Samjin Company English Class (Esom, Go A sung, Park Hye Su) -  Funny, smart and retro. Fun, feel-good, female-centric story where 3 office workers take down their corrupt company. All the laughs!

Collectors - (LEE JE HOON!!! Shin Hye Sun) - Super fun heist drama where Lee Je Hoon was his cool and silly self while grave robbing past emperors and evil rich guys. 

Deliver us from Evil (Hwang Jung Min, Lee Jung Jae) - An assasin being hunted by a gangster Lee Jung Jae as Ray the Butcher while he searches for his daughter who has been sold for her organs. Enough said!

Josee (Nam Joo Hyuk, Han Ji Min) - Looks at a sad, complicated love story between a differently abled woman named Josee and a collage student

Films that were ok :popcorn:

Red Shoes and the Seven Dwalves - Technically Korean because animated by Koreans. But the cartoons were in English? Fun play on classic fairytales. 

Films that were meh :idk:

More than Family (Kystal Jung) - Pregnant teen tries to find her deadbeat dad as she doesn't like her stepdad, even though he's been nothing but nice to her. Found the main girl irritating to watch and felt bad for the mum and stepdad the whole time.

Double Patty (Irene, Shin Seung Ho) - A reporter and a wrestler meet at a burger joint. It was a really non-inspirational, non-romantic career film...They both chase their dreams, but their dream jobs aren't really interlinked...and I guess they have a romantic interest in each other, but it's not a very strong romance, not much chemistry, barely any scenes together...The guy is the bully from D.P

Waiting for Rain (Kang Ha Neul) - This was like a weird, frustrating romance that didn't happen. He's not into the cute fun girl who likes him...instead he writes to a girl from primary school that was nice to him once. She's really ill and barely remembers him. But her little sister thinks it would be fun to write him back. Not sure if the twist at the end makes it better or worse...

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Party! 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

16 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I usually don’t even have the luck to win lucky draws. But 2022, I will be buying lots of lottery! I’m #7! 🥳

I was just tweeting to you that I feel this to be so ironic. I am at #4 but two days back, one of my job contracts was not renewed due to cost cutting measures . Let's hope 2022 will bring on all the luck I need. Or I will have to survive on water and kdramas. LOL! 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

8 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I was just tweeting to you that I feel this to be so ironic. I am at #4 but two days back, one of my job contracts was not renewed due to cost cutting measures . Let's hope 2022 will bring on all the luck I need. Or I will have to survive on water and kdramas. LOL! 

Oh, sorry to hear. Hopefully all the bad news is done away now and 2022 can only be better!

Only if you're lucky, then I will be lucky 😰😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Oh, sorry to hear. Hopefully all the bad news is done away now and 2022 can only be better!

Only if you're lucky, then I will be lucky 😰😂

But I have not won stuff before so you know ... :psweatduck:...

Anyhow, I always think when one door closes another will open. So let's see what 2022 will bring. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 12/18/2021 at 5:42 PM, abs-oluteM said:

everything alright? you still have other contracts?

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

That means you'll have more time for kdramas :D

Right?

hahaha I hope so in some ways but I plan to start another new programme. So will use the free time to prep for that. I am still working my other jobs..ahaha I got a lot of moonlighting gigs here & there. 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

hahaha I hope so in some ways but I plan to start another new programme. So will use the free time to prep for that. I am still working my other jobs..ahaha I got a lot of moonlighting gigs here & there. 

That's good. Is it something like private tuition? This will always be required wherever Asians are :P

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

That's good. Is it something like private tuition? This will always be required wherever Asians are :P

I do have private tutoring but I still have my other contracts for teaching in university/ college. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bairama said:

the way they keep mentioning & emphasizing the bread is special make the toast seems not possible tho 😂😂

Just make do lah~

But over here I think I can substitute with a bread shop's white bread coz this bread, by taste, has more butter and is sweeter so I think it'll be close to what they use than me buying the western style white bread.

• Like 3
  • Tasty 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@bairama I bought some bread. Maybe will make some kimchi toast xD (but first need to replace the mozarella cheese slices in my fridge. I know it's expired.) :laugh:

great! Hahahaha don't turn it to fermented cheese too :laugh:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, happy holiday lovelies :fam:

merry xmas for those who celebrates 💖💖

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Party! 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

Omg @SnowBlob I just came back from watching Godzilla vs Kong (it just came out on NF). Now I know why you wanted to watch it too hahaha... because of Shun Oguri? Or did I just forget he was in there??? I've to say it was such a waste of his talent and Millie Bobby Brown since really, the main leads are Godzilla and Kong.

Although I hate watching the two of them fighting each other, especially dislike seeing Kong being hurt but I like that in the end it was "once again" us humans being the most evil one and they both worked together to defeat the Mechazilla. I'm still sad though, Kong never found his family or species in the Hollow Earth.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Star Struck 1