Havenites Dabang

Resolution 2022

Life 

- Save more money to get retired faster :psweatduck:

- I think I need to go outdoor / exercise more. And eat less carbo. I have 'arm flab pandemic' now 😅🤣

- Listening more to TED / more serious topics to increase knowledge. I have to admit my celebrity news update always top notch, but end up idk what's happening with the rest of the world :laugh:

Oppas 

- Stop picking up oppa just based on the looks :laugh:, quality is more important.

That's all. Too many will be overkill haha... Share with me yours! 

• Haha 6

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

10 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Stop picking up oppa just based on the looks :laugh:, quality is more important.

Woah...let's see how long this last. :lmao2:

I think my resolution this year is to pick up a new skill. I think I do need to learn Korean properly...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I didn't read nearly as much this year, so I would like to read more next year. 

@mademoiselle @SilverMoonTea I watched A Year End Medley and it was ok. I'm not usually a fan of multiple short stories in one movie. Some stories got lost in between some of the bigger ones. Nevertheless, it was cute and a nice watch. 

I did hope that Han Ji Min's character would end up with Kim Young Kwang's character, but that's ok. Han Ji Min was meant for Park Hyung Sik anyway. Hahaha! Actually, her side story with Lee Jin Wook was cute -- again, I wanted to trim his hair just a tiny bit. 😔 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

:pandathink:@Tofu I'd like to keep Hyung Sik for Park Bo Young (SWDBS). Han Hyo Joo for Lee Jong Suk (W). That leaves Han Ji Min, she can pick either HB or NJH :laugh:

@abs-oluteM That Swoonies Awards, your Oppa Kim Seon Ho beats out my shirtless Rowoon with a diving suit on!! It just goes to show showing skin means absolutely pointless :lmao2: I didn't manage to finish watching the video but I am definitely sure Vincenzo was a big winner.

@Chocolate That Ahjussi was with Oppa Gong Yoo in The Suspect. It's action so it'll suit your cuppa.

Hey @JenL another zombie drama coming soon!

This is definitely not for @Tofu LOL! Korea seriously love zombies and are never tired of it eh?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

@Tofu

😲 I forgot about PBY x SIG! Yes, they were adorable and matching from the start too. Argh, this is hard and true that I also like my King Louis pairing in NJH x SIG. Technically Hyung Sik and In Guk can switch partners too because Ji Hyun has worked with Hyung Sik too... and their singing performance on KBS Drama Awards was so cute (NJH couldn't sing hahahaha but I still find her adorable). For those who hadn't seen it: https://youtu.be/mEsUWP5zLwU

I totally hope these good chemie OTPs would meet again in future for other projects :pandalove:

• Like 5

:Party02:Happy New Year 2022 everyone~ :Party01:

At the end of 2019, I said "Good riddance" to 2019 because people around me had a tough year where half of our co-workers were made redundant. It was hard watching them leave and even harder for those of us chosen to remain, and not knowing when this department would soon diminished and we would no longer be required as well. I thus wished 2020 will be a better year, not knowing we would head into worse situation than we could ever imagine. The breakout of the pandemic was ... undoubtedly something we have only ever seen in the movies and at that point, we were living in the movies, minus the Mad People Disease (pun intended: Happiness). It was an eye-opener to see people fighting for toilet papers, shelves emptied and people panicking. Shutdown, lockdown you name it and we've experienced it...

The worst may be yet to come like Deep Impact or Armageddon or The Day After Tomorrow - *touch wood* - but at this moment, I am just simply and sincerely grateful that everyone I love were all safe and healthy, well and alive. I'm further more thankful that I have this safe haven and you Havenites to chit-chat on Kdramas and Oppa, and hang out with every day and that you guys, too, are safe and well wherever you reside.

I do not have new year resolution. I don't dare to make any... LOL. I just wish that everyone continues to be careful and stay safe.

~ :hearties: ~

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

@TofuI spend too much time watching dating variety show 😅😂. And Transit Love really emotionally taxing for me. In any case if you or your BFF watched that, let me know. I think I will need some good mistery / crime / life drama , without any romance :lol: As I've been overindulged on their love problem too much.

Happy New Year all, we're surviving 2021 together with lot of oppas & dramas. 2020 was struggle for me, and 2021 felt like I was not fully living my life, spent most of it at home working. Everyday almost felt the same to me. Hope 2022 will be brighter and I will have more chance to be better version of myself. Cheers!! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

3 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

we're surviving 2021 together with lot of oppas & dramas. 2020 was struggle for me, and 2021 felt like I was not fully living my life, spent most of it at home working. Everyday almost felt the same to me. Hope 2022 will be brighter and I will have more chance to be better version of myself. Cheers!! 

We found more oppas this year, hahaha. They are the source of our joy. Haha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Hello everyone! Before the first day of the year ends, popping in to wish everyone a Happy Happy New Year! I hope that the next 365 days will bring you new adventures, new opportunities and good health. :hearties:

I haven't been around here very much for several months now. Although I am not here, I do think and wonder how everyone has been! What dramas is everyone, which oppas are you collecting? I retreated from online social interactions quite a bit in the second half of 2021 because I needed to focus on my work. Some of you may know that I transitioned to a new position (after 10 years in my previous one!) so it has been a challenging year learning new ropes, new work lingo, and to work with a completely new group of people. But It's also been a very fulfilling one and I am looking forward to this second year with new projects and collaborators!

What really got me down this year was the constantly changing guidelines, it was so tiring having to go back to mini-lockdowns after tastes of freedoms again and again. I suppose 2022 will likely be more of the same and I hope I will get better at this new way of life!

Still considering what my new year resolutions will be. I have a few in mind and I am going to test run them this month and figure on the one to stick to!

3 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

2020 was struggle for me, and 2021 felt like I was not fully living my life, spent most of it at home working. Everyday almost felt the same to me. Hope 2022 will be brighter and I will have more chance to be better version of myself. Cheers!! 

I feel ya! Taking that few steps between bed, table, kitchen and bathroom has gotten so mundane! Hoping 2022 will be brighter for you too!

On 12/31/2021 at 11:29 AM, Tofu said:

I watched A Year End Medley and it was ok. I'm not usually a fan of multiple short stories in one movie. Some stories got lost in between some of the bigger ones. Nevertheless, it was cute and a nice watch. 

*whispers* is this available online already?

On 12/29/2021 at 12:21 AM, Darkarcana said:

That said. I'm not in like a lost situation right now, I'm actually the opposite. I finally start to move...I went on to study something different, in hopes I may find a better job in the future. I start to pick up some skills like driving etc. Is this healing and growing? 

I am so happy that you are moving, continuing to search out what will work for you and taking on new challenges! Careful on the roads there k, especially in this rainy weather!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

14 hours ago, Jane said:

*whispers* is this available online already?

It is! I watched it on iQIYI but it's definitely available on the third party sites too! 

@mademoiselle I am happy that I get to chat with you and everyone else on dramas and our favorite oppas too. It makes the hard days easy to get through. 

@SilverMoonTea Hahaha! What is Transit Love about? Is this what you've been watching now that you have no drama to watch? LOL!

17 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Hahaha! They are! I think Allen Ren and Lee Junyoung were big source of happiness for us, minus Forever and Ever because that was hard. I haven't finished it yet...haha! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
6 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@SilverMoonTea Hahaha! What is Transit Love about? Is this what you've been watching now that you have no drama to watch? LOL!

Hahaha! They are! I think Allen Ren and Lee Junyoung were big source of happiness for us, minus Forever and Ever because that was hard. I haven't finished it yet...haha! 

Hahah yes thats the dating variety show which the participants are the ex-es 😅. One couple story really sad. I do hope they can make an ammend after the show. 

No plan to finish FaE haha... It was so boorringg... 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tofu said:

It is! I watched it on iQIYI but it's definitely available on the third party sites too! 

Awesome! I will go hunt for it. I am the opposite of you, I enjoy these anthology type movies / books. I was recently watching Valentine's Day on Netflix. Had to set aside my scepticism that so much can happen in a day but hey it's a movie!

Last day of the holiday break for me. Can't believe it's back to work tomorrow!

• Like 5

Hello @Jane

Long time no see. Glad to see you dropping by. I had a change of career after 10 years and it was the best decision made. In doing so, I opened up another path for myself so that in future I've more options to choose from. I hope yours will be the same.

@Tofu Hahaha I just remember, we don't only chat about Oppa and kdramas but also exchange recipes. I'm going to cook the soup @SilverMoonTea shared with us again today. It was so delicious I fell in love with it. Tea, I finally found my beef soup bones! Can't wait...:SquirtleNiceAhah:

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Hello @Jane

Long time no see. Glad to see you dropping by. I had a change of career after 10 years and it was the best decision made. In doing so, I opened up another path for myself so that in future I've more options to choose from. I hope yours will be the same.

Hi hi! Indeed long time no see, I am hoping to be able to come by more often now that I am more settled. Yep, this new path will open up more opportunities and I am glad for that. It's a bit scary because I am not sure what the future will bring but I have made peace with it after the pandemic demonstrated how all best laid plans can be overturned in a moment.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

On 12/31/2021 at 1:41 PM, mademoiselle said:

That Swoonies Awards, your Oppa Kim Seon Ho beats out my shirtless Rowoon with a diving suit on!! It just goes to show showing skin means absolutely pointless :lmao2: I didn't manage to finish watching the video but I am deitely sure Vincenzo was a big winner.

His international fan base is no joke. They rallied behind him in that scandal that I wish to forget :heiboi:...made sure he won the AAA too. I am scared of them myself. I like fangirling quietly without arguing with anyone.

On 1/1/2022 at 6:44 PM, Alice Wonderland said:

I lost oppas ....cries...  I think I need to double my acquisition this year. I had some adoptions last year (about 5 ) but not all where I would suffer a very bad drama for. I think only Kang Tae Oh,  Rowoon and Lee Jun Young are the ones I likely go to that length for.  Even Ahn Hyo Seop and Song Kang, I find it hard to watch some dramas . LOL...

Anyway to our JH family here, so glad I have you all to spazz with .... HAPPY 2022... I started the new year with lots of tears crying over TRS as if I lost someone...my RL family  was like what's wrong with me. :laugh:. They cannot understand this level of craziness. 

• Haha 4
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

57 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM When did his fan base gotten so big? LOL. After Start-Up?

I cried too much for TRS and is now suffering from migraine 😅

Yes after Start Up . The Han Ji Pyeong phenomena. Last time I remember there were so few who took notice of him back in 2017 when I started his thread on Soompi - I think I miss those days when he wasn't so big. It was hard to find IG accounts etc - there was only one whom I had followed for a few years. Now the fandom thinks they own him or something, and they kind of think of him like a saint. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yes after Start Up . The Han Ji Pyeong phenomena. Last time I remember there were so few who took notice of him back in 2017 when I started his thread on Soompi - I think I miss those days when he wasn't so big. It was hard to find IG accounts etc - there was only one whom I had followed for a few years. Now the fandom thinks they own him or something, and they kind of think of him like a saint. 

Oh yes I can relate, I too also prefer my Oppa not too famous. It's annoying if there's absolutely none since I need resources (translated articles/videos etc) but having too many stans indeed can become disturbing and mentally exhausting. I much prefer our style of love for our Oppa at the Oppa thread.

===

A curious question: Now that we are in 2022, which kdrama is the best and which is your favourite from 2021 (completed)? I am still contemplating on mine but is curious what's everyone's? Haha.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1