Havenites Dabang

16 hours ago, Tofu said:

Are you guys eligible to get the booster shot for COVID? They've just approved it for anyone over 18+ for us so I scheduled my appointment for mid-December. A few people I know have yet to get their vaccine in general. 

Yeah we can however only 6 months after the second jab, so not yet for me. And at the moment it is not mandatory. Is it for you guys? How many booster shot do you guys need? It says 2 for our govt website for Pfizer.

Tofu, are you still watching Would You Like A Cup of Coffee? I'm catching up coz for a loooong time they didn't have subs for episode 5-6 and now all of a sudden it's up to episode 9!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 6
16 hours ago, Tofu said:

Are you guys eligible to get the booster shot for COVID? They've just approved it for anyone over 18+ for us so I scheduled my appointment for mid-December. A few people I know have yet to get their vaccine in general. 

My dad has gotten his. Since I took the AZ only in August, am waiting for the 6th month. That's the guideline in my country. 

• Like 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@mademoiselle Not mandatory for us, but it's highly encouraged. The booster for us is just one shot after 6 months of your second dose. I don't know if they will require more later on. I'm scheduled to get mine on the 17th. And OMG, coffee! I couldn't find any English subs and then all of sudden there were so many available! I'm on episode 5 right now. I think the whole series is just 12 episodes long, right? By the way, how is Dr. Brain?

@abs-oluteM For some reason, I thought you got yours earlier than August and in general, I feel like August was six months ago. :laugh:

I wrote this in Grapevines, but I'll add this here too. There are 8 Korean dramas dropping in December. If we include the ones dropping during the last week of November (the one with KSH and the affair one), that's 10 dramas. :shocked2: Here's the list for anyone that wants it:

• 6th - Our Beloved Summer
  • 8th - Artificial City 
  • 17th - Bad and Crazy
  • 18th - The Immortal
  • 18th - Snowdrop
  • 20th - When the Flowers Bloom, Think of the Moon
  • 20th - Only One Person
  • 24th - The Sea of Silence

I'm only interested in three dramas from the list (OBS, BaC, and Sea of Silence), but I might tune in for The Immortal too. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Tofu Dr. Brain is OK however I find the pacing slow for a 6 episodes drama. The presentation is quite psychological and contains vision of hallucinations via the male lead. I'm putting this on the back-burner for now because it's only airing once a week whereas the interest is higher in the others that aired two episodes a week 😆

December drama list is not as alluring as current's drama list LOLLLL. Not many Oppa in there :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Haha 3

@mademoiselle all the booster shots are one. From what I am seeing ( this is still very much a new disease), I forsee a 6-monthly booster jab - pretty much like influenza jabs that are taken annually. 

• Like 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM Yeah initially I thought it's one too however the govt website didn't write it clearly. I click into a brochure / leaflet thingie on the site and it says one.

Spoiler

Today a few colleagues didn't come into work. They went to get tested because they went to a restaurant last Fri and there was a positive case. Since it happened last week all of us would have been exposed in the office. Now we'll need to wait and see if any of them are infected.:idk: And our company just told us we could stop wearing mask in the office! :jiminbtssigh:

• Like 2
  • Shocked 4

@mademoiselle Fingers crossed everything will be okay for you. Please keep wearing your mask if you can especially indoors and ventilation for the rooms / offices are key . It will add some layers to your defense against Covid. In Malaysia we go for double masking - cloth mask outside and a 3 layer medical mask inside . Or  we use the KF94 or N95 masks . Masking will continue for us. 

• Like 6

21 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu Just want to clarify the booster shot is only 1. I read it incorrectly. Are you still going for Moderna? Did you have any reactions to Moderna at the time?

Yes! That's what I got last time too. The first shot, I was really tired. It's hard to say if that was because of the shot. I had a really long work week so I was already exhausted. The second shot, besides the sore arms, I was perfectly fine. I ran so many errands the following day, it was as if I never got it. I'll let everyone know how that booster shot goes for me when I get it. I scheduled it on a Friday so if I got sick, I wouldn't have to take time off work. Haha! 

Have you heard back if the coworker tested positive? I think after an exposure, the hardest is waiting to see if you develop symptoms. 

We still have mask mandates in our office. You can take it off when you're in your own office but any common space, you have to wear your mask.

I've heard of people doubling up on their masks too, @abs-oluteM! We have my nephews do that. I've done it a few times but not often. I don't go out as much so I haven't had many opportunities to do it. Haha! 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Tofu My reaction (to Pfizer) is opposite of yours. Sore arm only for the first shot and super tired and sore arm for the second shot. And definitely when it is time for booster shot, I will make sure it's done on a weekend even though I could always take a sickie. My boss had worst side-effects than me so she'll understand it's necessary sick leave.

Three of the colleagues got their results back - negative so they've returned. The other two I believe is also negative and should return to the office tomorrow. PHEW!

I still wear it at the office when we have to talk/discuss about work and distancing is not possible. I can't breathe if I double the mask and I think I'm allergic to the medical mask's material coz after a while my face starts to itch. I don't go out as much too because I don't want to wear mask. :P

Hey, what is going on with Reflection of You? Why are the two men so obsessedly in love with the FL? Is she just manipulating them? I just saw a weibo post and a video of @abs-oluteM's Oppa seeking her out when she's on an outing with her family. Then a cut to where he was waiting for her at his home (maybe?), and he wanted to know if she's sleeping with "him" (assuming her hubby).

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hey, what is going on with Reflection of You? Why are the two men so obsessedly in love with the FL? Is she just manipulating them? I just saw a weibo post and a video of @abs-oluteM's Oppa seeking her out when she's on an outing with her family. Then a cut to where he was waiting for her at his home (maybe?), and he wanted to know if she's sleeping with "him" (assuming her hubby).

yes...no manipulation...they just love her...god knows...rolling my eyes all the time. Just ask @Tofu and @ktcjdrama. We curse week in week out...but it is an addictive watch.

That sleeping part - lots of major spoilers . Prepare to laugh & cry.

Spoiler

So my oppa and the FL were having an affair in Ireland a few years ago. She had gone there  when she sent her daughter to the UK to study. She also took the opportunity to spend some time in Ireland to paint.  So when the daughter  is in boarding school , my obsessed oppa went to look for her as he just won't let her go. They had an affair but of course he wants her to leave her husband for him. But her husband does visit of course during the hols , so he has to leave the house . Of course when the husband returns to the UK , he confronted her about whether she slept with the husband. He's a real nutcase. Anyway, because he loves the FL, he is willing to do anything for her. And a baby came along. Her husband things it is his. My oppa thought it was his. ( in present time , there was a DNA test when the her MIL thought it may not be her son's kid. But yesterday, it was confirmed it was not my oppas - so stupid idiot has been dupped all this while. Actually FL also didn't seem to know who the father was since she slept with both men )

The FL tried many times to leave him but I think she just can't seem to.  So finally she drugged him and fled the country to return to SK . She took his passport so that he could not leave the country. He went crazy and actually her husband did find out then. Husband knocked my oppa down. Oppa was in coma for a few years. Finally woke up but has some sort of amnesia ( roll eyes)  and came back to SK . His wife - played by SHB does not tell him the truth, she's hell bent on revenge on everyone . Neither does the FL. Finally he went back to Ireland to try and regain his memories , and voila his memories are back. His obsession resumes.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Shocked 1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! @abs-oluteM OK, I am laughing and not crying. Wouldn't this be a plot @Chocolate might like (since we have opposite taste for romance, if it's not my cuppa it might be hers)... bahaha!

I've to say it sounds so makjang, except it doesn't fit the real definition of makjang, though I'd prefer to use "makjang" over "messed up" to emphasize how twisted it is. xD Am I even making sense... maybe not.

The first thing came into my mind when I saw the post/video on Weibo is what is so good about the FL that she has two men obsessing over her. And now I'm trying to "reason" this out with "love is blind and has no reasons". :lmao2: 

@Chocolate @im0202 @abs-oluteM @ktcjdrama The Devil's Judge is coming to NF on 23 Dec. LOLLLL.

BTW... this year which station are we going to camp at for Drama Awards show? xD I think this year for me will likely be KBS because got more Oppa there:

1. Kim Min Jae (Dali & Gamjatang)

2. Rowoon (Affection)

3. Lee Do Hyun (Youth of May)

4. Kim Young Kwang (Hello! Me)

... and KBS tends to award many OTP couples too so very likely the first 3 Oppa will win couple award with their respective on-screen co-stars.

SBS might have:

1. Racket Boys babies + Oppa Tang Jun Sang.

2. Lee Je Hoon (Deluxe Taxi) - not a big lure for me...

3. Ahn Hyo Seop (Red Sky)

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Party! 2
3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

The FL tried many times to leave him but I think she just can't seem to.  So finally she drugged him and fled the country to return to SK .

🤣🤣🤣 So extreme. Why? Is he that good in bed? 🤣🤣🤣

I pop in to the thread periodically but all I read are 3 people (and now 4 including @liddi) complaining about how EVERYONE is unlikeable and how frustrating it is. But still they watch lol. There was an almost "argument" and I was impressed to see @Tofu with her sword out! 😎

@mademoiselle Maybe if the cast had actors I liked, I would try haha.

I'll be taking the booster soon. Had Pfizer previously but will be taking Moderna for the booster. Read that the antibody level is a bit higher. A lot of people I know seem to be doing this combi. Apparently, having reactions to the jab is good - it means that you are strong and your body is reacting. That's why a lot of the teenagers have more effects than adults?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
4 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I pop in to the thread periodically but all I read are 3 people (and now 4 including @liddi) complaining about how EVERYONE is unlikeable and how frustrating it is. But still they watch lol. There was an almost "argument" and I was impressed to see @Tofu with her sword out! 😎

@Chocolate It must be the inner masochist in us! :shocked2: It is a gorgeously shot drama though with excellent performances (even if they set my teeth on edge most of the time) and amazing soundtrack. Oh, and the trick is to watch the BTSes to relieve all the frustration from the drama proper! :laugh:

• Haha 6

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

9 hours ago, liddi said:

Oh, and the trick is to watch the BTSes to relieve all the frustration from the drama proper! 

Exactly! That's the only way to get through this drama. I used to watch Reflection before Dal-Li because the latter was a much lighter drama and it would balance out the intensity of Reflection. When Dal-Li ended, I had to resort to the BTS because how else are you going to lower your blood pressure after watching the episode? :laugh:

9 hours ago, Chocolate said:

There was an almost "argument" and I was impressed to see @Tofu with her sword out! 😎

Hahahaha!! @abs-oluteM had two people argue in one of her Twitter post about Reflection. A week ago, if you searched the drama's name on Twitter, there was someone who replied to a random stranger that they wish that person gets cheated on by their boyfriend. Then continued to say for the boyfriend to have a love child with someone and hide it from them. This was because both people had opposing views. This drama is definitely bringing out the crazy in people. :lmao2:

9 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I'll be taking the booster soon. Had Pfizer previously but will be taking Moderna for the booster. Read that the antibody level is a bit higher. A lot of people I know seem to be doing this combi. Apparently, having reactions to the jab is good - it means that you are strong and your body is reacting. That's why a lot of the teenagers have more effects than adults?

That's good to know. I went with Moderna because my reaction wasn't severe with it. My doctor is recommending that I get the flu shot too but I really don't want to get that on the same day. Haha!

16 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Three of the colleagues got their results back - negative so they've returned. The other two I believe is also negative and should return to the office tomorrow. PHEW!

YAY! I'm happy to hear that. :LarvitarSDab1:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 4
6 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA what the heck is this nonsense?

:lmao2::lmao2:

Was that why his name was trending with hers? I noticed it but thought it was a mistake so I didn't pay attention to it. I can't imagined Gong Yoo and Taylor ever dating. Haha!

• Haha 3
14 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Was that why his name was trending with hers? I noticed it but thought it was a mistake so I didn't pay attention to it. I can't imagined Gong Yoo and Taylor ever dating. Haha!

Me neither because I remember when I watched Goblin, Gong Yoo them all were mentioning how he brought Korean foods with him etc and they cooked Korean foods while filming overseas. Even when he visited Sydney, he ate at Korean restaurant (I know because the video of him being mobbed by fans dominated my TL). He's just so Korean that I can't imagine him dating non-Koreans.

Oh and... I got curious of your :pandapirate: so I went to peek at the Reflection thread :MewGiggle:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
23 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Gong Yoo them all were mentioning how he brought Korean foods with him etc and they cooked Korean foods while filming overseas.

Hahaha! I can understand. After traveling in Europe for almost two weeks a few years ago, I was craving Asian foods so much. :laugh:

23 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh and... I got curious of your :pandapirate: so I went to peek at the Reflection thread 

You are the third person to tell me you saw what happened there without actually watching the drama with us. :lmao2::lmao2: 

By the way, I created a little drama card that will start on Dec. 1st. I hope everyone stay tune and play with us on that day (and the days to follow too!). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Ooooh are you creating some games for us?

I don't know if I can consider it a game. It's more like a wrap of this year's dramas? I'm so bad at explaining. You'll just have to wait until the 1st to find out. :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I'm just curious any of you own gramaphone or vinyl record player in other name? 

have the old one gramaphone/turntable. Father liked antique things for the houseeeee uhmmm seem todays people into Crosley, Victorla etccc (I'm curious too what Korean intoo?)

Have a friend really like his Denon

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o