Havenites Dabang

On 2/11/2022 at 4:35 PM, abs-oluteM said:

His daughter met her husband via tinder. Happily married and have a son now. So am sure there are success story. But I am not sure though if I am personally comfortable with it for myself...there's still that fear there. 

On 2/12/2022 at 11:06 AM, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM I know a few people who did online dating and it worked out for them too. I think you have to assume that out of all the millions of users, you might only find a handful that would be a good match for you. 

Quite a few of my close friends found their husbands through Tinder. It's so strange when I think about it. But their husbands are nice normal guys not tools or bad boys. One of them is even super well off, from a family of doctors and lawyers. I think it's a lot more common to use dating apps in Aus than in Asia because there's much less introduction through friends and family here :idk: 

But Tinder is not the best app, probably better to use the ones where there's more questions and conversation rather than Tinder due to the large volume of people just looking for casual things.:BulbaConfused:

@SilverMoonTea and @Tofu what dating show are you guys watching??? Or is this convo based entirely on The Tinder Swindler?

On 2/12/2022 at 11:06 AM, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea I played the Tinder documentary when I was working today and some of the ladies spent so much money. He was getting money from one person to fly to meet another woman. One of them took out close to 250k loans and is still paying it back. I don't know but if it's just someone I met recently, I wouldn't not take out any loans on their behalf.

On 2/12/2022 at 12:31 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

I think that woman managed to settle the debt cos bank helped her. But she still opened Go Fund Me and ask people to help her 🤐

Even if it's someone I know for long , I won't lend money or take loan for them. It's okay to get cheated in love, but not your money. That's my basic rule 🤣

Yeah that's crazy. I would never spend money for dating! Also I think that's a huge red flag if someone asks you for that amount of money or hints to you that they need that amount of help. No one should ever have to 'buy' love, especially not one that expensive! :shocked2:

On 2/12/2022 at 6:15 PM, im0202 said:

Love and Leashes lol I was quite surprised that SK produce such a drama 😆 

Hehe, it's apparently a movie and not a drama? I was less suprised when I found out this was a movie...South Korean movies can be more risque in theme :idk:

Glad you are feeling better by the way!

On 2/12/2022 at 10:08 PM, im0202 said:

Only watched Squid Game and All of Us Are Dead in recent months lol.🙈

At least you watched the good ones! :CharmanderYay:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

11 minutes ago, JenL said:

@SilverMoonTea and @Tofu what dating show are you guys watching??? :CharmanderYay:

We were watching the Japanese Blind Dates. The concept is rather interesting. So all the contestant can't see each other and just conversing in room. If you like that person you can get engage then meet up. 

The contestants looks quite average, so it felt a bit more realistic. Here's the trailer :

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

On 2/13/2022 at 5:08 AM, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM I've seen his daughter too and she is a genius -- super smart for her age! Even the camera crews are shocked by how quickly she catches on to things. He comes up with so many activities to do with her to increase her awareness and senses. I also like that his family is not pretentious. He buys a lot of second hand things/toys for his daughter. 

Lovely and unpretentious family /couple indeed. I like that they let her mess things up - the way she ate her spaghetti would drive any OCD parent nuts. My mum for example. :laugh: But these days a lot of folks believe in baby lead weaning which actually teaches them independence quickly and they learn to self-regulate how much to eat. My sis does this with my almost one year old nephew.

Spoiler

@MayanEchoHappy Valentines!

@Darkarcana I am spending valentine's with my oppas  ahahahah...TBH , I don't celebrate this day.  LOL ...

1 hour ago, JenL said:

I think it's a lot more common to use dating apps in Aus than in Asia because there's much less introduction through friends and family here :idk: 

Yes true. Hence I was surprised when I found out about it . But I thought it very brave to go out there and pursue love. 

She told me she knew she wanted to get married and seeing her social contacts , she knew it would be limited so she went on Tinder. I am not familiar with other apps though. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Hello everyone, how is your day? I hope everything is fantastic. 

So I was really bored a few hours ago and I wasn't in the mood to watch any dramas at the moment. I enjoy watching shorts recently. Then I saw an interesting random shorts. So then I look for the show and it is called The Little Big Shots. It was about a talkshow where they invite some talented kids from all over the world but those kids can't speak english or few of them know but not much. So they also have the little amazing interpreters to help the host with the talk. The host is so fun and I can't stop laughing. It picked up my mood. This is so fun!

Spoiler

And I wish I could have two of her languages skills for watching my dramas without subtitle anymore. 

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
25 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Is this the one she drives a car and delivers? If so, not yet. I'm supposed to find Siwan's movie to watch actually.

Emergency Declaration? I read that it was postponed and so far no rescheduled date confirmed. 

For Special Cargo, I actually enjoyed it. The driving scenes were quite a thrill to watch. @abs-oluteM's Thirty Nine oppa had a cameo at the beginning. Haha! 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
14 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Emergency Declaration? I read that it was postponed and so far no rescheduled date confirmed. 

For Special Cargo, I actually enjoyed it. The driving scenes were quite a thrill to watch. @abs-oluteM's Thirty Nine oppa had a cameo at the beginning. Haha!

Is it not sleep time for you?

Not Emergency Declaration (although this too I wanna watch) but Stolen Identity.

https://asianwiki.com/Stolen_Identity_(Korean_Movie)

I will keep Special Cargo in my To Watch List.

I was watching Woo Sik's movie a few weeks ago. Ended up losing concentration and didn't pay much attention to it. 😅

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Bahahaha...I saw the trailer - since he was in it. I will check it out. But I am waiting for his new film  (+19 rated :laugh:) to be released today - Serve The People. I suppose it will take a while to get subs. 
Please watch at your own risk. 

Spoiler

On 2/14/2022 at 11:38 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

The contestants looks quite average, so it felt a bit more realistic. Here's the trailer :

My mum watched this so from time to time , I would see bits of it and she'd update me. I saw the last episode and some true happy endings here  - it's got a lot more heart and the participants actually connected. It isn't flashy like Singles Inferno which felt more fake

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I was watching Woo Sik's movie a few weeks ago. Ended up losing concentration and didn't pay much attention to it.

Haha, me too!! I started it and after 20 or so minutes into it, I stopped. It wasn't gripping enough for me to stay focus the entire time. Special Cargo is easier to follow and get into, I was able to watch it to the end. I loved the friendship between the child and Jang Eun Ha (Park So Dam's character). 

I don't think Stolen Identity is out yet, right? I found some article that says it finished filming last summer but nothing about a release date yet. 

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

But I am waiting for his new film  (+19 rated ) to be released today - Serve The People. I suppose it will take a while to get subs. 

If it's like Special Cargo, subs will be out in a month or two. Special Cargo was released in January 2022 and there's subs now so it didn't take long at all. Was he shy filming these scenes too? :laugh:

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I saw the last episode and some true happy endings here  - it's got a lot more heart and the participants actually connected.

I forgot the last two episodes came out. I just skimmed through the ending and the two couple at the end were the two I assumed would end up together. All the others had really bad communication problems. Your mom and my BFF should be friends, they love these dating shows. :lmao2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought that the hail would happened only in FLW, I saw on the news it happened here too just recently. So scary, just now we got heavy rain with lots of thunder. It caused the electricity in my house off for 2 hours. And I pay more attention to weather news now. 

@Tofu that's bad, I dont know why it is restricted for some of the videos while the other isn't. The first two you can't see are Ryussie the little bruce lee from japan, and Jiangyi first interview before she showcase her ability to audience. 

French is difficult. I was interested in it once and I tried a bit, very short time like only 1 meeting. I give up so quickly. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 3

Noooooo.... save them! Save the owner!! Why should the terrible thing happen there? :letalQQ:

As if Covid isn't the worse that still need more effort to dealt with, now they come uo with something more upsetting. Watching the news and all broke my heart.

When I see those cats, I'm crying. Sighh... how could they leave the cats, those arent just the cats, they're their beloved friends and family. How could you supposed to leave them behind? 

• Sad 3
On 2/23/2022 at 10:32 PM, Tofu said:

our mom and my BFF should be friends, they love these dating shows. :lmao2:

IKR...I am amazed.  But this was never the case pre-covid as she had a very full social calendar but now she doesn't go out much except to my sister's place to help with the nephew so NF is her best friend. She watches all sorts of shows !

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Have you seen this?

Yes. Very cute and funny ...he and his niece are very close. She appears in his IG quite often. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Alice Wonderland @mademoiselle Kang Ha Neul does look really dirty in that pirate movie. I think that's why I avoided a lot of the photos of him in that movie. :lmao2:

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

IKR...I am amazed.  But this was never the case pre-covid as she had a very full social calendar but now she doesn't go out much except to my sister's place to help with the nephew so NF is her best friend. She watches all sorts of shows !

My BFF works from home so she watches the most random shows too. She doesn't go outside to socialize either so those social experiment dating shows are her favorite. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2