Havenites Dabang

11 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Someone said that the bullying in this drama is worse than the bullying shown in the first two episodes of Tomorrow. I don't know if I want to see that. :letalQQ:

Are you watching it? 

I can't munch KoP. And I'm quite hardcore crime drama addict. The bullying quite disturbing for me. I stopped at ep 2. I was even supporting his killing spree 😅 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

4 hours ago, Tofu said:

Someone said that the bullying in this drama is worse than the bullying shown in the first two episodes of Tomorrow. I don't know if I want to see that. :letalQQ:

Are you watching it? 

Hahahahaha I am the one who said that. Yes, I'm still watching. Most of the time it's quite engaging.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

@liddi Thought of you when I watched Master In The House episode 185/186. It features Kim Eun Hee. Quite funny!

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcfoFCTvDum/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

I'm quite surprise he was awarded by court 600k for that reason? 

**Quote**

According to the lawsuit filed in Kentucky's Kenton County, Mr Berling - who suffers from anxiety disorders - had asked his manager to not celebrate his birthday at work as it normally does for its employees, as it could potentially result in a panic attack and would bring back uncomfortable childhood memories.

Despite Mr Berling's request, the company, which conducts Covid-19 tests, threw him a surprise party in August 2019, triggering a panic attack. He quickly left the party and finished his lunch in his car.

The lawsuit notes that Mr Berling was "confronted and criticised" at a meeting the following day, where he was accused of "stealing his co-workers joy" and "being a little girl". The tense meeting prompted a second panic attack, after which the company sent him home for the remainder of 8 August and 9 August.

On 11 August, Gravity Diagnostics fired him, citing concerns about workplace safety. His lawsuit alleged that the company discriminated against him because of a disability and unfairly retaliated against him for asking that his request be accommodated.

After a two day trial at the end of March, the jury awarded him $450,000, including $300,000 for emotional distress and $150,000 in lost wages.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61141421

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I'm quite surprise he was awarded by court 600k for that reason? 

He has pretty severe panic attacks. He asked that they do not throw him one because of it. They threw him a birthday party, he had a panic attack and left. Upper management got upset and belittled him for having the panic attack and taking the "joy" away from his coworkers. He had another panic attack during this meeting. He was ultimately terminated. 

We do not celebrate people's birthday at our office because not everyone is into celebrating their own birthdays.

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, Tofu said:

We do not celebrate people's birthday at our office because not everyone is into celebrating their own birthdays.

We have before, luckily not now... The company must be not too big, as if too many people its not feasible to celebrate bday almost everyday. 

I wonder if it's so severe, how he can manage to handle to be in a meeting for work and being around colleague in general. Or probably he just have problem with birthday. 

But the jury must see some injustice there to awarded such big lump sum of money. 

• Like 4

@SilverMoonTea I think sometimes when the attention is on one person it can be overwhelming. He probably doesn't have it in meetings because he knows the people he's working with but the entire company coming together might be too much. I think the issue is that he let them know of his disorder and they went against his wishes. When he had a panic attack, they belittled him and even fired him after. This whole thing that happened is against the law in America. There are laws protecting people so they are not wrongfully terminated for their disability.

I have panic attacks too (not as severe and frequent as his) and they are not fun. Mines are very exhausting and I would sleep for hours, sometimes the entire day, after. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I have panic attacks too (not as severe and frequent as his) 

I actually also often felt anxious and a bit jittery. I tried to go cold turkey without coffee now. Eventhough I love it so much. I think it did contribute to my anxiety. I also lack of vit D after health check up and heard coffee hinder vitamin absorption, so I fully stopped drinking it now :cry:

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

@SilverMoonTea  There are laws protecting people so they are not wrongfully terminated for their disability.

Yes I think this kind of case won't ever win in Asia country or even brought up to the court at first place. Everyone expected to behave socially and if one looks a bit out of norm the judgement is stronger. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

IYes I think this kind of case won't ever win in Asia country or even brought up to the court at first place. Everyone expected to behave socially and if one looks a bit out of norm the judgement is stronger. 

I think in Asia, a person may not get such high amounts for emotional distress. But the courts do award for pain and suffering. The company looks clearly at fault for this case - aside from holding the party, there seems to be no cause for termination. But you're right, if in Singapore, likely would have been mediated with MOM.

• Like 3
On 4/19/2022 at 8:14 PM, Chocolate said:

@Darkarcana Woah, so drama. All I can say is, the young boy is more sensible than the 2 adults. Poor child.

https://mustsharenews.com/bukit-batok-clinic/?utm_source=telegram

And whose pram was that? She knows there is no baby in there before she kicked it right?

I am not sure but at this point she is on LOA and now it’s on CNA 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

On 4/19/2022 at 10:01 AM, Chocolate said:

@liddi Thought of you when I watched Master In The House episode 185/186. It features Kim Eun Hee. Quite funny!

Thank you so much for recommending this @Chocolate! It's been a very hectic time so I have not been watching anything of late, but I will definitely check it out hopefully sometime soon, while keeping fingers and toes crossed waiting for her next work to air. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

7 hours ago, Mizv said:

@abs-oluteM just read the past  sad news. I’m sorry and hope you’re holding up okay. 

Thanks Mizv. There are good and bad days. We miss him terribly and I just feel like I am in some dream that I want to wake up from. Have been trying to keep busy with work, errands, things to sort out. And also trying to be strong for our 11 year old who was close to his father.  Watching  a few shows for distraction but the void is there. The grief is somewhat indescribable at times. Overall we're coping - am grateful for support from family & friends IRL and here. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Sad 2

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

@abs-oluteM I am truly sorry for the passing of your husband which I only just found out now. Please accept my deepest condolences to you, your son and loved ones for your loss. Praying that all of you will find strength and comfort during this very difficult time. Please take care...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

Thanks for your comforting words @liddi.

-------------------

@Nohamahmoud2002 I am very sorry for your loss. Deepest condolences to you and your family. Sending some hugs and prayers. Please take care and reach out if you need someone to talk to. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: -