Havenites Dabang

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

what are your wedding plans like? A lot to plan?

Still okay, as we’re doing a simple one just inviting family, relatives and closest of friends. I’m not those type of must have dream wedding and go over the top with lots of planning needed😅😅😅

Now busier with planning stuff for the house.

:pandahehe:

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

She still has time to fan-girl Ji Sung though... 😂

@Chocolate hey don’t judge there’s ALWAYS time for fangirling😂 Maybe only difference is the oppa list is shorter lol. I really have not much time for dramas leh like the 1h plus episodes suddenly feel like few hours long...👀

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Hi @twink_twink_...welcome to JH! Glad you joined us here.

@im0202 what are your wedding plans like? A lot to plan?

I do know we can sell you guys the "kampung' chickens (these are usually organic) and black chickens. Did the price of chicken rice go up? 

hai everyone, a warm thank you to @abs-oluteM .., and thanks again for adding me to this group. :heart:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

21 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Alchemy of Souls...but this is like 30 episodes! It is a historical fantasy show but I don't know if the plot can handle 30episodes. Writers are the famous Hong sisters . I think @JenL should be watching this as her oppa love is the lead. 

It says 20 eps here but I read on twitter it will be 20 +10 (S2)

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20220615000732

@Chocolate Abs is correct! I am watching because it's my Oppa, Lee Jae wook :heart: You should come watch too! Do you like fantasy/ comedy/ romance? It's fun so far. Like nothing to take too seriously, but I'm enjoying the first couple of episodes.

@abs-oluteM Whaaaat!!! I didn't realise it was going to be so long! :shocked2: Not that I'm complaining. More LJW for me :pandahehe:

13 hours ago, twink_twink_ said:

hai everyone, a warm thank you to @abs-oluteM .., and thanks again for adding me to this group. :heart:

Hello! Nice to meet youuuu :yayaya:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Awesome 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

26 minutes ago, JenL said:

@Chocolate Abs is correct! I am watching because it's my Oppa, Lee Jae wook  You should come watch too! Do you like fantasy/ comedy/ romance? It's fun so far. Like nothing to take too seriously, but I'm enjoying the first couple of episodes.

@abs-oluteM Whaaaat!!! I didn't realise it was going to be so long!  Not that I'm complaining. More LJW for me 

Hello! Nice to meet youuuu 

*waving hands* hai @JenL .., nice to meet you, too. :wow:

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

welcome to the fold of JH :smile:

*nodded head*  hai @NiteWalker .., thank you for the warm welcome you've given me. :hearties: I hold each one of you, to all my beautiful Janghaven friends in my heart. :heart:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

For @im0202 ... fangirl whilst you still have the time!

6d12f2797b6e98e915afbd5bb1a75872084e3233

Spoiler

I love the interesting pick on the image for the second gif... so that's the "abyss" :lmao2:

21 hours ago, JenL said:

Whaaaat!!! I didn't realise it was going to be so long! :shocked2: Not that I'm complaining. More LJW for me :pandahehe:

:laugh: That's exactly what I thought too... more LJW for @JenL Supposedly 20 episodes for S1 and 10 for S2. This would probably the longest drama you have seen that's 1-hour length, right? Any other long dramas you have seen? Oh, and sageuk too! Record broken coz I remember you said you don't watch historical dramas.

• Haha 6
  • Party! 1
53 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle I think @JenL watched that long Chinese drama for Paul Fu a few months ago. :laugh:

Is it hotter than usual where you guys are? I don't take in heat well so lately all these 37°C weather is driving me a bit crazy. I would like it to be cool soon!

The 50 episodes one? xDDDD

We can have over 40°C here in summer. Are you switching on the A/C? This year's weather is odd in the sense that we got really cold temperature very early (earlier than the normal winter month) and rain every day for more than 2 weeks now. So much so that it's killing the crops, hence in above/previous pages I was telling Choco we have no lettuce in McD burgers. One iceberg lettuce cost $6 now at the top 2 big supermarkets.

• Like 4
  • Shocked 2
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

:laugh: That's exactly what I thought too... more LJW for @JenL 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Supposedly 20 episodes for S1 and 10 for S2. 

I find the uneven numbers a bit odd. Like it would make sense if it was 15 episode each season? Wonder what the rationale was for a short second season :thinking:

This would probably the longest drama you have seen that's 1-hour length, right? Any other long dramas you have seen? Oh, and sageuk too! Record broken coz I remember you said you don't watch historical dramas.

It might very well be! I usually don't venture past 25 episodes for dramas...I use to in the past but as I got older I realised that longer dramas often get into draggy or makjang territory and the golden window is often 10-13 episodes - there's no room for drag and often the storylines are really good when they only have this much time to convey what they're getting at. Examples: K-dramas: Move to Heaven, The witch's diner  Tw dramas: Someday or One Day, Yong Jiu Grocery Store :MewHi:

Hahahaha I think it might be the longest one I've seen for Korean Sageuk genre :heiboi:

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle I think @JenL watched that long Chinese drama for Paul Fu a few months ago. :laugh:

Is it hotter than usual where you guys are? I don't take in heat well so lately all these 37°C weather is driving me a bit crazy. I would like it to be cool soon! 

Hahahahaha @Tofu is correct! I did watch a 40 episode Chinese historical drama for Paul Fu! The things I do for my Oppas :pandablush:

...I really liked that drama though even though there was no real romance (very mild boys love references). But to be fair, the episodes were only 45 mins max (some episodes were 30 mins)...so it might even out to be the same as AoS with time. :thinking:

I'm starting to think I was too harsh on historical dramas....maybe I only really don't like concubine dramas (the traumas of my childhood)? But still, I wouldn't say I'm thrilled or particularly drawn to historical ones for some reason even though I really like the costumes :idk:

@Tofu We sometimes have summer days that are 45 degrees! But right now it's winter and I'm cold all the time :NeonGhost:

37 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

rain every day for more than 2 weeks now. So much so that it's killing the crops, hence in above/previous pages I was telling Choco we have no lettuce in McD burgers. One iceberg lettuce cost $6 now at the top 2 big supermarkets.

WAIT. WE DON'T HAVE LETTUCE AT MACCAS??? :shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:

I knew the leaf vegetable situation was bad since all the shelves are empaty but I didn't realise it was from the rainfall! I didn't even think the rain was that bad (compared to those tropical monsoon rains in Malaysia!) :idk:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Party! 1

@JenL

The PD said 20 episodes weren't enough to tell the stories of the family (I assumed he meant the 4 families here?). And then we got news of S2 even before the drama aired (and we all thought that's brave of tvN since usually they would want to know how well received the show will be first). So, now I'm wondering if S2 would focus more on other characters and less on the main leads from S1 🤷🏻‍♀️

Hahaha I ate my own words long ago when someone tried to sell me sageuk. I fell in love with Oppa and had to embrace the journey of sageuk. It didn't help that I've so many Oppa too 🤣. I agree. The concubines sageuk dramas I really dislike. I can't stand watching women fight over one man (the king). After watching so many korean sageuk I also got fed up of kings being weak and controlled by their Ministers (like Affection). There are still plenty like this, which I think no choice coz it seems to be their history.

https://www.netflix.com/au/title/81477611?s=a&trkid=13747225&t=cp&vlang=en&clip=81604022

Lol, would you watch this @JenL

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

@mademoiselle @JenL That's so hot! It does get that high here but only for a day or two. It's usually more around the 28-32 range. I live in the upper parts of the US, so it's not nearly as hot where I am. It's colder during the winter here. I forgot our seasons are flipped so it's winter there while it's summer here!! 

14 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

One iceberg lettuce cost $6 now at the top 2 big supermarkets.

Is it organic?! That's so expensive. :shocked2:

I can't do all the concubine stuff either when it comes to historical dramas. I think that's why even know I like sageuk, I am mindful of which dramas I pick up. I don't care to watch people fight for the affection of one person like that. :idk:

• Haha 4
  • Party! 1
17 hours ago, JenL said:

WAIT. WE DON'T HAVE LETTUCE AT MACCAS??? :shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:

I knew the leaf vegetable situation was bad since all the shelves are empaty but I didn't realise it was from the rainfall! I didn't even think the rain was that bad (compared to those tropical monsoon rains in Malaysia!) 

My burger did not have lettuce that day. Only a puny slices of onions. The flooding damaged the iceberg lettuce. Caused fungal disease and pest issues to strawberries. So strawberries now cost $7 a punnet (250g).

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

Is it organic?! That's so expensive. 

Hahaha no, it's not. There is a shortage so the cost increases too due to demand. idk.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Party! 1

Soooo busy....work is killing meeeee :psweatduck::letalQQ: I haven't had time to catch up on Link again since I'm also working on side projects...on the other hand I've made it a habit to watch Shooting Star on the train. I finish one episode getting from work to home everyone night!

On 6/21/2022 at 11:50 PM, mademoiselle said:

@JenL

The PD said 20 episodes weren't enough to tell the stories of the family (I assumed he meant the 4 families here?). And then we got news of S2 even before the drama aired (and we all thought that's brave of tvN since usually they would want to know how well received the show will be first). So, now I'm wondering if S2 would focus more on other characters and less on the main leads from S1 🤷🏻‍♀️

Ohhhhh that's interesting. Maybe! I feel like it's quite a large ensemble cast and wouldn't be suprised if they gave the popular idol's side characters some better storylines :heiboi:

I agree. The concubines sageuk dramas I really dislike. I can't stand watching women fight over one man (the king). After watching so many korean sageuk I also got fed up of kings being weak and controlled by their Ministers (like Affection). There are still plenty like this, which I think no choice coz it seems to be their history.

I know!!! This is totally the other reason I feel meh about historicals....when the Kings can barely manage their own families and keep trusting evil advisors. It annoys me that none of them are intuitive or have danger instincts! But I think that's why I liked that Paul Fu 40 episode historical drama, Slueth of the Ming Dynasty - The king in that one was quite savy of the evil advisors and he was always one step adhead of them with his trusty, sassy eunach, Wang Zi...and then Paul Fu's soldier character was so hot :lol:

YES!!! I've been waiting for this one for awhile! Alice's character looks fun and I love the cast. I've fallen out of the Taiwanese drama loop because it's always a balancing act with Tw dramas and K dramas and I'm already overstacked now that LJW's new drama is out and I've been working (and will be working) long hours for the next few weeks :BulbaConfused:

12 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle @JenL That's so hot! It does get that high here but only for a day or two. It's usually more around the 28-32 range. I live in the upper parts of the US, so it's not nearly as hot where I am. It's colder during the winter here. I forgot our seasons are flipped so it's winter there while it's summer here!! 

Speaking of hot, yes, we totally melt here in summer! Haha, yes, flipped seasons is weird...I almost asked you about snow recently too :pandahehe:

12 hours ago, Tofu said:

I don't care to watch people fight for the affection of one person like that. :idk:

Hahaha no guy is worth putting that much energy into fighting over :lenny:

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

My burger did not have lettuce that day. Only a puny slices of onions. The flooding damaged the iceberg lettuce. Caused fungal disease and pest issues to strawberries. So strawberries now cost $7 a punnet (250g).

Ohhh nooooo...my Big Mac will be so sad without the lettuce :letalQQ: I thought strawberries were expensive because of winter not because of fungal issues :shocked:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 6/21/2022 at 9:22 PM, mademoiselle said:

One iceberg lettuce cost $6 now at the top 2 big supermarkets.

Goodness ....that is nuts! Food shortage & security are becoming a real problem.

Of late, I have been having this strange problem.  :laugh:Dramas that I was initially quite hyped up to watch ( before airing) , I lost interest when it started. Then dramas I had no plans of picking up , I started watching & got hooked. Like Jinx at First. I didn't expect to like it so much. But like Doctor Lawyer...oh my interest is waning. Please tell me it is still bearable to watch @Chocolate

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM  Hahaha, I know what you mean. The ones that look promising didn't feel engaging for me. The ones I'm not-so-sure of, I'm enjoying it more. I'm not in love with Jinxed at First but I like the OTP. They are cute. Why Her was quite good but I'm not so sure after watching this week's episode. Hopefully tonight's episode will save it. I think my most look forward to drama of the week is now Yumi's Cells. Jin Young is slaying hearts at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
On 6/22/2022 at 11:30 AM, Tofu said:

I can't do all the concubine stuff either when it comes to historical dramas. I think that's why even know I like sageuk, I am mindful of which dramas I pick up. I don't care to watch people fight for the affection of one person like that. 

No no. That’s focusing on the wrong thing. The crux of a good concubine drama is the way they scheme for power. They are not really fighting for the King just for LOVE… 😆

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

But like Doctor Lawyer...oh my interest is waning. Please tell me it is still bearable to watch @Chocolate

Haha yes surprisingly. If you can live with watching the ex-gf-prosecutor, it is actually getting better.

Although it is a little strange. So Ji Sub, if you look at him by himself, is a big man right? But next to SSR, he seems like a small boy sometimes 😂

Ep 7 was good.

55 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM I know! I even abandon my Kang Ha Neul for Na In Woo first now.

Such a pity! Insider is good!

31 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Why Her was quite good but I'm not so sure after watching this week's episode. Hopefully tonight's episode will save it.

That’s true. I was thinking, I don’t need to edit this episode for @Dhakra, he can just skip the whole of the first half 😂  The pace was slow yesterday.

• Haha 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

@im0202@abs-oluteMI binged watching Kiss 6th Sense, surprisingly given the tacky and cheesy synopsis it's quite good and engaging. Both leads emote well and the drama a bit steamy (I think AbsM will like this 😂, just that your oppa is 2nd lead and seems to be on the way of self desctruction?) And @JenL's oppa LJW is also a cameo here with KSR. Oh and the production value is quite high, the OST, sound effect, and visual are well made. @LaLaif you watched this tell me your opinion. 

@mademoiselleI kind of gave up Oh Soo Jae, as somehow it become too makjang. I didn't expect she lost her baby and it become a bit unbearable. Is there any progress with my oppa? 😂 I felt like his character also didn't served much role here, and so with HIY lols. 

@twink_twink_Btw who is your favourite oppa?

• Haha 4
  • Awesome 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

3 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@twink_twink_Btw who is your favourite oppa?

gong-yoo-gif-7.gif

@SilverMoonTea  chingu, I've many Oppa::heart: Lee Byung Hun, Lee Jung Jae, Jang Hyuk, Ji Sung, So Ji Sub they're all older than me. Gong Yoo, Lee Joon Gi, Gang Dong Won, Kim Rae Won, Ha Jung Woo, Hyun Bin around the same age, and except for Lee Min Ho, Lee Jong Suk, Choi Si Won, Sukku Son, Yoon Shi Yoon, Kim Sun Ho, Ahn Bo Hyun, BTS I would address them as Dongsaeng. :lmao2: how about you, who is your favourite Oppa? :btslove:

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Haha 4

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1