Havenites Dabang

• 3 weeks later...

@mademoiselle some spoiler for Be Melodramatic ( I love this show!)

Spoiler

The guy she was kissing was her BF who had passed away. A large chunk of the story was about her struggles dealing with his death. SSK comes in much later in the show (think from eps 10)  - as a PD that she has to work with. Yes there's some romance between them. 

I love them

That tweet you posted was one of their 1st encounters

Spoiler

Spoiler

One of my all time favorite OSTs is from this show too

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM

Did they get together in the end?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Open ending .. he was going to Africa or something and asked that they meet somewhere - she said she'd consider.

I wish he had a bigger role

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Open ending .. he was going to Africa or something and asked that they meet somewhere - she said she'd consider.

I wish he had a bigger role

:jiminbtssigh: I think he needs a new drama where he plays ML. All this cameo/supporting role here & there is not motivating me to pick up these dramas 😅

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

:jiminbtssigh: I think he needs a new drama where he plays ML. All this cameo/supporting role here & there is not motivating me to pick up these dramas 😅

IKR...he's new drama with Choi Woo Shik (should they confirm) will see him in the main role. 

Though I wish to see him in another romance

https://mydramalist.com/729303-the-murderer-and-the-toy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Why are you guys having food shortage?

Apparently because chicken feed prices have risen, so the Malaysian chicken farms have to cut back on "production" of chicken. As there is insufficient supply for Malaysia, the government banned exports. So Singapore will have NO fresh chicken from Malaysia from 1 June lol. Latest update today is apparently the farms have negotiated to allow export of "kampong" chicken.

The funniest thing is, people are particular about buying a certain type of chicken for a certain type of dish/method of cooking. My mum, for example, says to buy only female kampong chicken because the meat is most tender. Male chicken - she doesn't want 😂

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 3
38 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

The funniest thing is, people are particular about buying a certain type of chicken for a certain type of dish/method of cooking. My mum, for example, says to buy only female kampong chicken because the meat is most tender. Male chicken - she doesn't want

Ahahahahah this is true. My parents buy certain type of chicken too for my sister's confinement many years ago.

I never buy a whole chicken here so I didn't bother to find out whether it's female or male. My mum scolded me once she asked me to help buy chicken wings for her and one of the wings was bruised. I didn't argue with her but in my head I thought "walaoeh, so fussy". It's not like it's not edible anymore! I think I'm just used to shopping over here where you don't get to choose them yourself. The meat is either pre-packed or you point through the glass and tell the butcher what you want. You can't personally get your hands on them.

Look for chicken tenderloin - that's the most tender part of the chicken.

• Haha 4
3 hours ago, Chocolate said:

@abs-oluteM @NiteWalker How's your food situation? I'm wondering if I should stock up on chicken since exports are banned from Malaysia. Read you're short of fish too...

Prices have gone up! Honestly , the lower income groups are already suffering. The staples like cooking oil have increased 30 to 50% from say last year. 

:psweatduck:

Sorry dear Singaporean friends that we can't sell you our chickens. It is funny and sad at the same time. SO what are you all gonna do now? Kampung chicken is expensive too. 

www.msn.com/en-my/news/national/farms-working-overtime-to-send-chicken-to-s-e2-80-99pore-before-june-1/ar-AAXOahP

I will try that bingo afterwards @SilverMoonTea

22 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Yes. I think he's already filming for this. He is in Philippines now. But doesn't look like it's a romance. 

SSK says IRL he is nothing like Gu. He cannot drink that way and prefers sweeter cocktails. And he talks way more :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Sorry dear Singaporean friends that we can't sell you our chickens. It is funny and sad at the same time. SO what are you all gonna do now? Kampung chicken is expensive too. 

:laugh:

Hahaha I also kind of have mix feeling... sad and funny indeed... Well I think we can survive eat other meat... but heard fish also will be scarcity too? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@abs-oluteM Honestly, I worry about Mi Jung's future if she really ended up with Gu. The first thing he needs to do is quit alcohol and go for a full body check up, especially his liver! 😅 Is he still in PH? Rowoon is going there for FM too. 😫 He's not going to do another drama any time soon since the borders are opening up and he's flying out for FMs (Japan FM in July). Damn FMs. I hate themmmmm! Coz they always take up my Oppa's time from dramaland!

11 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Sorry dear Singaporean friends that we can't sell you our chickens. It is funny and sad at the same time.

I find this statement funny :lmao2: I'm sorry. 

But really... ottokae? Singapore imports most of their stuff too, right? Also @Chocolate I don't know the news is true or not, but I read Singapore is one of the countries HongKongers are migrating to...? Aren't you guys already over-populated?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 5
9 minutes ago, Mizv said:

Finally getting back to normal routine again.  Please Stay alert. Covid is still alive and kicking.  After recovery plus bronchitis everyone in my house caught it.  

Have so many dramas to catch up on now. Not sure where to start, :)

Hello Mizv . Glad to hear from you. We're still masking here in Malaysia and encouraging boosters etc. Hopefully these forms of mitigation help somehow. Hope your family gets well soon.

I think go for the weekend drama It'S Beautiful Now ( I remember you were watching this right) . The plot has been quite good so far all the love lines have positive progress. 

8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Honestly, I worry about Mi Jung's future if she really ended up with Gu. The first thing he needs to do is quit alcohol and go for a full body check up, especially his liver! 😅 Is he still in PH?

I said the exact same thing to my mum while we were watching this. Gu's kidneys & liver must be so damaged. Plus he really has to battle his inner demons first. 

SSK has been in PH for the past month. 

PH is so fortunate they get all these FMs. I wonder what drama Rowoon would want to take up next.

8 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Hahaha I also kind of have mix feeling... sad and funny indeed... Well I think we can survive eat other meat... but heard fish also will be scarcity too? 

Fish has always been scarce and expensive. Gonna be worse. Think  I will become vegetarian at this rate. :zzzz:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Think  I will become vegetarian at this rate.

Nooooooooooooooooo! Please don't! :KittyBan: Every women I know who is vegetarian lacks iron.

7 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

PH is so fortunate they get all these FMs.

I actually think SEA, in general, are very fortunate. The stars all come visit you guys. :letalQQ: Down under, they mostly visit Sydney.

9 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I wonder what drama Rowoon would want to take up next.

Do you mean genre? I'll watch whatever he's in (although I may not like it and I sincerely pray it's nothing makjang). :eeeee: Tomorrow is not bad, I approve of his choice. Like it more than TKA in terms of story and characterisation.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Also @Chocolate I don't know the news is true or not, but I read Singapore is one of the countries HongKongers are migrating to...? Aren't you guys already over-populated?

Haha, apparently we are not. We need people because the population is aging and there are not enough births. But our property prices keep increasing as a result.

14 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Haha, I'm fine with frozen chicken or other meats. But there are some chicken stalls who plan to close.

I am more concerned over whether we will have eggs lol!

• Like 5
28 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Haha, apparently we are not. We need people because the population is aging and there are not enough births. But our property prices keep increasing as a result.

This is true. Many Malaysians go to SG to work. They always say there's a brain drain for us. Can't blame them. Your currency is so strong that even if they have to pay higher rent , it is still worth it for some. 
OMG...are they gonna ban eggs export too? But I think no mention of eggs so far. 

30 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Nooooooooooooooooo! Please don't! :KittyBan: Every women I know who is vegetarian lacks iron.

I doubt I can fully go vegetarian. I don't eat a lot of meat but I can't totally abstain from them. Won't have that discipline.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2