• Ha Myung-hee – Record of Youth
  9. 9. Best Director

• Kwon Young-il – My Unfamiliar Family
    • Kim Cheol-kyu – Flower of Evil
    • Kim Hee-won – Vincenzo
    • Park Shin-woo – It's Okay to Not Be Okay
    • Shim Na-yeon – Beyond Evil

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/12/2021 at 02:59 PM

2021_57th_BaekSang_Arts_Awards-P1.jpg

Come vote for your favourites and let's see if they win at the actual award.  I have only listed the drama categories here given that most of us are more familiar with them.

The actual awards will be held on the 13th of May.

We close our polls on 12th of May - 11.59pm KST

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Addendum to the reasons for my votes:

This year's nominations are difficult. There are many outstanding ones in the list making it difficult to choose. Judging from the list, Beyond Evil has a high chance of being the big winner. For acting awards, I'm always looking at whether the actor made a breakthrough performance.

Best New Actress

I chose Kim Hyun Soo (Penthouse) mainly because I didn't think all the others' performances took my breath away.

Best New Actor

I honestly thought this would be a battle between Jang Dong Yoon (Tale of Nokdu) versus Lee Do Hyun (18 Again, Sweet Home). However, with the controvesy of Joseon Exorcist, perhaps he and another candidate i.e. Jo Byung Gyu (The Uncanny Counter) which I believe should ideally be in for the run could no longer be considered.

Personally, the breakthrough performance from this list had to be Lee Do Hyun (18 Again).

Edit: Kwak Dong Yeon should have made it into this list for outstanding performance in Vincenzo.

Best Supporting Actress

I'm torn between Jang Young Nam (It's Okay Not to be Okay) and Yeom Hye Ran (The Uncanny Counter). I really like Jang Young Nam as an actress however I think there is a lack of screen time for her role in this drama, and all of a sudden she turns into this psycho crazy woman that didn't make sense so my vote goes to Mama Counter who captured our hearts in the drama.

Best Supporting Actor

Oh godddd waeeeee?

Kim Seon Ho (Start-Up) vs Oh Jung Se (It's Okay Not to be Okay) vs Lee Hee Joon (Mouse)

The ♥ wants Han Ji Pyeong but the brain acknowledges Oh Jung Se is the one with the breakthrough performance playing the autistic Moon Sang Tae. So... Oh Jung Se I give. I'm also interested to know if Baeksang would give him another one consecutively.

Best Screenplay

I prefer It's Okay Not to be Okay.

I like the quirkiness and presentation of the show. It was unique. I also like the story of 3 imperfect people found each other, heal each other and became a family, and the character development.

Best Director

Not sure why Lee Eun Bok PD isn't in the nomination for Sweet Home. Maybe it's good he isn't in the list because I am already torn. In terms of cinematography I really like It's Okay Not to be Okay. However it is rare for female PDs to shine through the male oriented directing industry, so I'll cast a vote for Vincenzo PD (although Beyond Evil is also female PD). I love the mixture of humour/comedy and seriousness this PD throws into Vincenzo.

Best Actress

Personally I think Kim So Yeon (Penthouse) has this in the bag already. However, I prefer Shin Hye Sun (Mr Queen) and think Seo Ye Ji (It's Okay Not to be Okay) also has a breakthrough in performance. The vote goes to Shin Hye Sun because I don't believe with the current scandal, Ye Ji will be awarded and Shin Hye Sun was really awesome.

Best Actor

This one is extremely difficult! :cry:

I'm basically torn between Kim Soo Hyun (It's Okay Not to be Okay) versus Song Joong Ki (Vincenzo). But I think uri Quassano Joong Ki should get this, as he showed a wider spectrum of emotions/acting skills for this role.

Best Picture

Even though I chose and want It's Okay Not to be Okay but the gut feeling I get is that Beyond Evil has a higher chance of winning it. And hmph, Sweet Home totally deserve a nomination here!

Daesang

Spoiler

Lee Eun Bok (Sweet Home) or Shin Ha Kyun (Beyond Evil)

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 4
5 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

@abs-oluteM ahahhahahahah...ok i ll revote..but is it possible to add the option 'dont know' on each category? For some I truly have no idea coz i dont watch any of those dramas.... But because i have to pick one..so i picked whatever names...:idk:

No la...just pick one because of bias then or if the name sounds good ...ahahahah

• Haha 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

This is kind of hard because in some categories, I'm torn between 2-3 people and in others, I don't care who wins. :laugh:

Edit -- @abs-oluteM, it's a requirement to vote in all categories?! I tried to avoid some of them and it told me I couldn't. :shocked2:

Best Actor

This was the hardest to vote for because I liked all the nominees and would be happy if any of them won. I ended up picking Lee Joon Gi because his performance in Flower of Evil was amazing. Also, @abs-oluteM said to pick your bias if you can't decide and Lee Joon Gi was the first ultimate oppa love (currently Park Seo Jun). :eeeee:

Best New Actor

I was a bit torn in this category too because while I didn't watch all of these dramas, I've seen clips of them. I picked Na In Woo because I really think he should receive recognition for all the work he put into River Where the Moon Rises. He filmed the entire drama in a month, as many as 40 scenes in one day. He did all of it with a smile on his face. Even if he doesn't win, I think he will receive more drama offers in the future.

For the others, there were no valid reasons as to why I choose them. Haha!

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
6 hours ago, Tofu said:

Edit -- @abs-oluteM, it's a requirement to vote in all categories?! I tried to avoid some of them and it told me I couldn't. :shocked2:

Yes . No choice . The polls don’t allow us to do that . :thinking:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yes . No choice . The polls don’t allow us to do that . 

That's why I suggested having 'don't know'/similar option :laugh: But anyway..it's all just for fun anyway and I can't revote. 

I only want Lee He Joon (Mouse) and Shin Ha Hyun (BE) to win anyway. :Party02:

• Haha 5
  • Party! 2

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

I really want Shin Ha-kyun to win the Best Actor award although I think all actors are worthy. I just love Beyond Evil.

I am very torn between Beyond Evil and It's Okay for best drama although I have a feeling It's Okay will win it. And honestly, It's Okay was really imaginative and groundbreaking.

I am pleasantly surprised to see Kim Ji-hoon nominated. I don't think he'll win and I voted for OJS anyway but I applaud the committee for nominating him nonetheless. He's such an underrated actor. Believe it or not I persevered through Jang Bo Ri for him. I hope hie finds his next Joseon X-Files.

I'm just surprised that I 've watched enough dramas the past 12 months to even know what most of the dramas are about.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Since I've not watched many of the other shows, I can only vote for those I've seen.

1. Best Drama - Beyond Evil (JTBC)

I found FOE very slow and tedious to finish.

Tried IOTNBO and EC but couldn't get past ep 1 or 2.

2. Best Actor - Shin Ha Kyun – JTBC “Beyond Evil”

Either Best Actor or Daesang for him.

3. Best Actress - Shin Hye Sun – tvN “Mr. Queen”

Kim So Yeon – Many say she's so good but that kind of forced exaggerated type of acting doesn't resonate with me.

Seo Ye Ji - No, in view of the current controversy, which I think is her true self.

4. Best Supporting Actor - Choi Dae Hoon – JTBC “Beyond Evil”

Kim Seon Ho – I like him and it's a well-loved character. But acting wise, I think other characters were more stand-out.

Oh Jung Se – He's won so many...

5. Best Supporting Actress - Cha Chung Hwa – tvN “Mr. Queen”

Cha Chung Hwa was really funny. Who else could have done that role as well as her?

6. Best New Actor - Lee Do Hyun – JTBC “18 Again”

I follow @mademoiselle since I didn't watch any except SH.

7. Best New Actress - Choi Sung Eun – JTBC “Beyond Evil”

8. Best Screenplay - Kim Su-jin – Beyond Evil

It was a really good story and flowed so well (except for a few parts of SHK and YJG going in circles).

9. Best Director - Kim Hee-won – Vincenzo

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Party! 2
11 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Seo Ye Ji - No, in view of the current controversy, which I think is her true self.

Guess what? Amidst the controvesies, it is reported that she's currently ranking No.1 for Popularity Award. Hahaha. What would be the irony if she wins it (her fans must be determined to give this to her as a support during this tough times).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
45 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Guess what? Amidst the controvesies, it is reported that she's currently ranking No.1 for Popularity Award. Hahaha. What would be the irony if she wins it (her fans must be determined to give this to her as a support during this tough times).

She does have a lot of fans and they are quite fanatic. BinJin & SYJ fans went against them in some of the popularity contests last year and usually lost. But if she wins, will she turn up to accept the award? That's another question. Though things have cooled down some and her movie is doing fine.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Chocolate said:

She does have a lot of fans and they are quite fanatic. BinJin & SYJ fans went against them in some of the popularity contests last year and usually lost. But if she wins, will she turn up to accept the award? That's another question. Though things have cooled down some and her movie is doing fine.

I want her to because this would be an award from her fans (contributed through $), not Baeksang. The least she could do is held her head high, be strong and wear an extravagant dress (like Go Moon Young) and get on stage.

If actors who had worst scandals can be forgiven, she should be allowed a second chance (unless the bully one is real).

• Like 4

Best Drama - Beyond Evil. Every episode takes you for a slow ride then it accelerates until it hits a speeding truck. 

Best Actor - Shin Ha Kyun. Did you see how he broke down after that jaw-dropping phone call? Your heart was broken along his. 

But SJK will take it because he's 😎

Best Actress - SYJ for channeling her inner self 😂

Best Supporting Actor - Oh Jung Se for his method acting and nuanced performance

Best Supporting Actress - Mama Counter I just wanna hug her as she feeds me

Best New Actor - Dohyunnie for stealing his own show. 

Best Screenplay - Beyond Evil. Tightly written, gripping and just enough whatda 

Best Director - Vincenzo's  for the extravagance and sass and for casting Kim Seungcheol 

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

@abs-oluteM It is one of the best kdramas atm for me, they should list it instead of that makjang penthouse. Lols. Well, they must nominate what makes viewers watch more. Intead of the makjang storylines, I heard the acting of the casts are great. 

Well, BE is on most voted by JH here, I haven't watched, so I probably will check it out to see it myself. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2