'In the Soop: Friendcation,' starring BTS V,

coming July 22

By Kwak Yeon-soo

FW-iqo-Tac-AAbs-JM.jpg

"In the Soop: Friendcation," a reality show featuring BTS V hanging out with his celebrity friends, will premiere in July. This new show comes a month after BTS announced its hiatus for members to focus on solo projects.

The four-episode series will star V, rapper Peakboy, singer-actor Park Hyung-sik from the Disney+ series "Soundtrack #1," Choi Woo-shik from Oscar-winning film "Parasite" and Park Seo-joon, who has been confirmed to appear in "The Marvels." The five men are collectively known as the "Wooga Squad."

The show, which is a spin-off of Hybe's reality show "In the Soop" focused on BTS, will follow the group of friends as they take a break in a remote woodland area, enjoying a getaway from the pressures of stardom.

BTS V has been featured before on the "In the Soop" series, appearing in two seasons with his bandmates in 2020 and 2021, during which they cooked dinner, played video games and went fishing together.

"In the Soop: Friendcation" will premiere on July 22. It will air on Fridays at 9 p.m. on JTBC and at 11 p.m. on Disney+.

source: 

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/07/688_332415.html

'watch In the Soop: Friendcation teaser below'

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Wooga Squad Spotted Enjoying the Walk on the Winter Beach in ‘In the Soop: Friendcation’

Hana Lee

d99875e9-3252-48e5-9c18-969ddf2e9c81.jpg

Credit: JTBC

In the SOOP: Friendcation has garnered explosive responses after releasing its first teaser trailer.

The new trailer begins with BTS’ V, Park Hyung Sik, Choi Woo Shik, Park Seo Joon, and Peakboy

enjoying the walk on the snowy beach. As Park Hyung Sik exclaims, “Wow, it’s the sea!” Choi Woo Shik says, “Viewers are going to be fooled.” Then, everyone cracks up as if they all agree with Park Seo Joon remarking that fans cannot wait to see us in the upcoming episode and commenting, “Those boys are going to be so funny.”

Parasite star heightened the expectations for the new variety show by adding, “Viewers might think that Wooga Squad made trouble once again. Turns out, you fell for it!” The video ends with five stars taking sweet selfies of themselves together while bursting into laughter. The youngest member of the squad is seen beaming a bright, big smile trailing behind the rest of the members. 

BTS V, Park Seo Joon, and Park Hyung Shik became close friends through 2016 Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth. Even after the drama concluded, they have been boasting their undying friendship while sending a great deal of support to each other. As V and Park Hyung Shik later met Choi Woo Sik and Peakboy through Park Seo Joon, five of them became a close group of friends well known as Wooga Squad.

In the SOOP: Friendcation will premiere on July 22nd.

source:

https://zapzee.net/2022/07/11/wooga-squad-spotted-enjoying-the-walk-on-the-winter-beach-in-in-the-soop-friendcation/

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Peakboy Shares How He First Met Park Seo Joon in Middle School and His Thoughts on the Term ‘Wooga Squad’

Hana Lee.

293146477-587291079686571-92376489517399

Credit: Peakboy Instagram

Peakboy guest starred on KBS’ Lee Gi Kwang’s Music Plaza and shared what it was like filming In the Soop: Friendcation with his famous friends.

The actor gave his thoughts on the term ‘Wooga Squad’ used to refer to his friend group consisting of Park Seo Joon, Choi Woo Shik, Park Hyung Sik and V. He said, “I don’t know who came up with the name. I’m not a big fan of the word ‘squad,’ so I am not sure how I should feel about the name.”

The celebrity also revealed how the five divided their kitchen chores during the trip. He said, “We divided our workloads on camera, but Seo Joon does the most work in real life. Of course, we all cook, but I don’t usually cook main dishes. I like to stay in bed with my phone in my hands, and Seo Joon likes to cook for everyone.”

When asked about who is the funniest in the group, the rapper answered, “Woo Shik is the funniest person I have ever met. He is funny and amazing, but not in a way a comedian would be. Perhaps, it is just me who thinks he is humorous.”

The singer and Park Seo Joon first met each other in middle school. When asked how long they have been friends, he replied, “I am not sure. I met him in the same academy. We were in the same class as we both needed some academic support, but he later moved up to a more advanced class while I was still in the same class.”

source: 

In the SOOP: Friendcation trailer,

https://zapzee.net/2022/07/14/peakboy-shares-what-it-is-like-being-called-wooga-squad-how-he-first-met-park-seo-joon-and-more/

• Like 3

'Trend' Junho Lee, all 3 seats at the 2022 Fancon sold out. Overwhelming ticket power.

Reporter Jeong Ji Won

All tickets for 2PM's Junho Lee, his 2022 solo fan-con 2022. 'Before Midnight' in Seoul are sold out.

Junho Lee will hold 'Junho Lee 2022 FAN-CON' 'Before Midnight' for three days from August 12 to 14 at SK Olympic Handball Stadium in Olympic Park located in Songpa-gu, Seoul. On the 14th, an online paid live broadcast through the Beyond LIVE platform together with offline fan-con will be held simultaneously and communicate with fans around the world.

c2d2c523e4eae3.jpg

Junho Lee fancon poster [Photo=JYP Entertainment]

Seoul Offline Fan Con tickets opened on July 11th and 12th for HOTTEST 8th GOLD members and HOTTEST 8th SILVER members respectively. Junho Lee sold out tickets for his solo fan meeting 'JUNHO THE MOMENT' held in January, and this time he also sold out, proving his 'trend' ticket power.

Like the name of the show 'Before Midnight', which reminds us of the mysterious sky at sunset, Junho Lee plans to build romantic summer night memories with his fans through this fancon. In the fan-con poster image released on the 13th, his eyes, looking faintly at the rising flame, stimulated the fans' hearts and raised expectations.

Following the Seoul Fan Con, on August 20 and 21, they will meet with their fans at Budokan in Tokyo, Japan. Junho, who will visit the Budokan concert hall for the first time in about 3 years and 8 months after the Japanese solo concert 'JUNHO (From 2PM) Last Concert "JUNHO THE BEST" in December 2018. It presents an unforgettable romance to the audience and responds to the long wait.

On the other hand, Lee Jun-ho led the box office of his comeback drama 'Red End of the Sleeve' and captured the advertising industry, which is a measure of popularity, and as his next work, he confirmed his appearance in the drama 'King the Land'.

1656634859-fwfryh6uiaaoour.jpg

source:

https://www.joynews24.com/view/1500675

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu Oh no! Bad ending?

There was no ending. Hahahahaha! It was essentially this strange open-ended ending. I think they are setting the drama up to have a second season. As far as I know, there won't be one any time soon. Wu Lei is filming his sports drama with Zhou Yutong. Then, I think he'll take a break after that's done. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM He is definitely cute! I love his character. Too bad @SilverMoonTea isn't a fan. I think she would love him too. Although, I don't think Junho is problematic enough to stir up Tea's heart. 

@mademoiselle Have you adopted Wu Lei yet? 

This is for you if you have. 

*bowed head* hai everyone @Tofu , @abs-oluteM , @mademoiselle , :true: he's charming. :heart:  just love it. thank you for sharing this with us. happy weekend. :love:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

13 hours ago, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM He is definitely cute! I love his character. Too bad @SilverMoonTea isn't a fan. I think she would love him too. Although, I don't think Junho is problematic enough to stir up Tea's heart. :lmao2:

You know me so well Tofu. They all said I will adopt the whales 🐳🐳🐳🐳 intead of the Junho 🤣. And I actually fell more for the senior lawyer.... I hope he have more screen. 

• Haha 3
  • Party! 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu Ahahahahahaha! No, I haven't adopted him yet but maybe soon. Has @abs-oluteM adopted him since The Long Ballad?

Yup. I liked him since then. I also watched his next drama - it started off so well but like @Tofusaid somehow midway the plot started taking a strange turn. The strength of the drama was the friendship between the two male leads but they just messed it up somehow, and had less and less scenes between them towards the end and we had no closure. 

16 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

You know me so well Tofu. They all said I will adopt the whales 🐳🐳🐳🐳 intead of the Junho 🤣. And I actually fell more for the senior lawyer.... I hope he have more screen. 

Her boss is an awesome guy...but IRL so few bosses are like that ...mine is certainly not so nice. 

Bahahah so handsome , no???

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Awesome 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Haha sorry I haven't checked oppa tracker for sometimes. I forgot JH password 😂, and I've been procrastinating to retrieve it. And recently I've been having too many social activities and having some kind of introvert burn out / melt down too 🤣 

And actually hmm, not many dramas caught my eyes recently. Latest crush was Wei Da Xun 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Awesome 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@abs-oluteM Yes completed. Not bad, although they could have cut 2 episodes and made it 6 instead. It's not the most intriguing or tactically smart show, but engaging enough.

Got to say, when a woman ages, best not to stand next to a younger, taller and slimmer one. Kim Hee Sun looks good. But next to Jung Eugene, she looks almost frumpy, which her character also doesn't help 😅

• Haha 4
  • Party! 1

Guess what @Chocolate? I watched 5 episodes of Remarried & Desires last night . If not because I needed to sleep I would have finished it ! Not bad at all & pretty interesting watch . All the scheming ! Lee Hyun Wook’s character is pretty decent here but it took quite long for him & Kim Hee Sun to have some substantial interaction. Actually her ex BF played by Park Hoon is a nice guy. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM It's quite addictive isn't it. That's how I binged it over the weekend too 😂 I didn't recognise Park Hoon initially - he looks like he did something to his eyes - he looks younger than when he was in MOTA and Nobody Knows. But yeah, he's a good guy. I was ok with them getting married too as it looked like they at least had the friendship to carry it through.

DId you recognise this actress was the Boss Lady in Taxi Driver? I only realised after googling.

Actually, he does have a sly guy look which suits villian roles 😆. But in this drama, he was quite likeable.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Chocolate am done with the series...overall pretty addictive. I know the audience is polarized in their opinions about the show. 

Spoiler

Things I like 

- Lady CEO of Rex - I  enjoyed watching her pull the strings behind the scenes ever so subtly and leaving a lot of the "work" to all the stakeholders here. She knew what buttons to push. 

- Both the MLs here were pretty decent folks. Nice to see Lee Hyun Wook play a character I could root for. Didn't mind her ending up with either one, though I guessed the story was setting things up for her to end up with LHW's character.

- It is quite ironic that the man who was supposedly here to look for the trophy wife , is actually the trophy himself considering how all these women were clamoring to marry him.  :laugh:

Things that bugged me

- While the main focus of the story was the revenge plot, I think they gave too much screen time to the villainess. Heck - she even got to do all the kissing scenes. 

- I know the FL is supposed to be this sheltered homemaker and quite naïve, but I feel she should have smartened up a bit towards the end. Constantly announcing that you're going to take revenge - aiyo ....sorry can't stand this in all these Asian dramas

- The ending - it's supposed to be like an intended twist but it felt rushed and weird,  and didn't suit the rest of the tone of the show. I saw attraction between the leads but a strong selfless love?  If they wanted me to buy that, they needed more screen time together & should have interacted more earlier on. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

18 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@abs-oluteM@ChocolateI will try that Remarried & Desire drama when have time lols.... Looks like World of The Married? Haha.... 

It's pretty decent. I didn't realise that @stroppyse watched this too and wrote a review. You can check out what she said. 

• Like 4
  • Party! 1