JangHaven's 2021 Most Anticipated KDramas

SnowBlob

Welcome KDrama voters! 

The responsibility to crown the "2021 Most Anticipated Dramas" rests upon your shoulders (or should I say, upon your fingers :SquirtleSquadCool: ). 

How to vote:

• There will be 4 rounds of voting:

Round 16 (13 Jan 6pm KST - 14 Jan 3pm KST)

Quarterfinals (14 Jan 6pm KST - 15 Jan 3pm KST)

Semifinals (15 Jan 6pm KST - 16 Jan 3pm KST)

Final (16 Jan 6pm KST - 17 Jan 6pm KST)

• Please cast your votes on each round and on each draw; using the designated emojis. There will only be two emojis used which are image.png.47d37f7d7ad3a0c4263b6dac2d178eca.png   &  image.png.9ff7fc4625bbad42a734bc98efa9e8a6.png . Click the reaction button on each draw to vote: the starry-eyed emoji to choose option 1 and the heart-eyed emoji to choose option 2. For example: If I prefer Hot Stove League on the draw that has Hyena vs Hot Stove League; then I should click on the heart-eyed reaction button to vote for it. 

• The winner of each draw will advance to the next round until we will have the ultimate winner. Votes will be counted at 3pm KST everyday except for the Final. Votes that are cast or changed afterwards will not be considered. Make sure you come and visit this thread everyday to cast your vote~

Easy right? Maybe... 

There's no pressure but expect to spend time scratching your head and being torn between difficult choices :BulbaConfused:

This is generated randomly using one of the tournament brackets generator

91962395_KoreanAwardscopy.jpg.06e3f06391

cc @stroppyse

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 4

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

Nominated Korean dramas according to alphabetical orders:

Hospital Playlist 2

Jo Jung Seok; Yoo Yeon Seok; Kim Dae Myung; Jung Kyung Ho; Jeon Mido 

Plot:

Hospital Playlist tells the story of the doctors and nurses of Yulje Medical Centre. It focuses on five doctors who have been friends since they entered medical school in 1999. 

https://janghaven.com/topic/44-hospital-playlist-season-2-슬기로운-의사생활-2-tbc-2021/

Jirisan

Jun Ji Hyun; Ju Ji Hoon; Oh Jung Se; So Dong Il

Plot:

Rangers work to save people at Jiri Mountain National Park. Seo Yi-Gang (Gianna Jun) is the best ranger at Jiri Mountain National Park. She knows virtually everything about the area, including where to climb the mountain. Kang Hyun-Jo (Ju Ji Hoon) is a rookie ranger at Jiri Mountain National Park. He graduated from the military academy and was once an army captain. He has a secret that he can't tell anyone about. These two people become partners and they work to save people around Jiri Mountain National Park. 

https://janghaven.com/topic/529-jirisan-tbd-2021/

Joseon Exorcist

Jang Dong Yoon; Park Sung Hoon; Jung Hye Sung; Lee Yoo Bi; Kam Woo Sung

Plot:

When Prince Lee Bang-Won of Joseon patrolled the northern region, he faced an evil spirit which wanted to dominate human beings. Prince Lee Bang-Won was able to seal away the evil spirt.

Now, Lee Bang-Won has ascended to the throne and has taken the title of King Taejong (Kam Woo-Sung). He is cool-headed, but a powerful king. King Taejong is proud of the fact that he helped his father establish the Joseon dynasty. He also feels heavy guilt from killing so many people during the founding of Joseon. The evil spirit which King Taejong sealed away in the past resurrects itself on the land of Joseon. To seal the evil spirit away, King Taejong must again fight the evil spirit.

Meanwhile, King Taejong has sons Crown Prince Yangnyeong (Park Sung-Hoon) and Prince Chungnyeong (Jang Dong-Yoon). Prince Chungnyeong’s only interest is to learn academics. He suddenly faces a crisis caused by the evil spirit. To protect the people of Joseon, Prince Chungnyeong jumps into the war against the evil spirt.

Crown Prince Yangnyeong seems full of confidence. He actually lives with chronic anxiety over whether he will be recognized by his father King Taejong. He tries to be recognized by his father, but his actions never seem good enough. Nevertheless, King Taejong has a strong desire to have his first son Crown Prince Yangnyeong become the next king. Greed then consumes Crown Prince Yangnyeong to enter into a contract with the evil spirit.

https://janghaven.com/topic/528-joseon-exorcist-조선구마사-tbc-2021/

L.U.C.A.

Kim Rae Won; Lee Da Hee

Plot:

Ji-O (Kim Rae-Won) has a special power and a secret, but he doesn't know who he really is. He is chased by mysterious figures, while he tries to find answers to numerous questions that surround him.

Goo-Reum (Lee Da-Hee) is a detective. When she decides on a course of action, she won't change no matter what. Her parents disappeared when she was only a young child. Goo-Reum chases after the truth behind her parents' disappearance. She meets Ji-O and her life changes.

https://janghaven.com/topic/588-luca-the-beginning-루카-upcoming-1-feb-2021/

One Day, Destruction Entered the Front Door of My House

Park Bo Young; Seo In Guk

Plot:

Editor for a web novel company meets the middle manager between humans and Gods and they make a contract together.

https://janghaven.com/topic/558-one-day-destruction-entered-the-front-door-of-my-house-어느-날-우리-집-현관으로-멸망이-들어왔다-upcoming/

River where the Moon Rises

Kim So Hyun; Ji Soo

Plot:

A love story between Pyong Gang and On Dal. Pyong Gang (Kim So-Hyun) is princess of Goguryeo. She was raised as a soldier for Goguryeo as soon as she was born. She is ambitious enough to dream of becoming the King of Goguryeo. She meets a man named On Dal (Ji Soo). 

https://janghaven.com/topic/546-river-where-the-moon-risesthe-moon-rising-river-달이-뜨는-강-2021-upcoming/

Sisyphus: The Myth

Cho Seung Woo; Park Shin Hye

A time travel story between a genius engineer Han Tae-Sool (Cho Seung-Woo) and his savior from the future Kang Seo-Hae (Park Shin-Hye).

Han Tae-Sool is a genius engineer and the co-founder of Quantum and Time Company. He is handsome and he produces innovative results. Thanks to his efforts, Quantum and Time has become a world-class enterprise. He is known as a miracle worker and a hero in Korea, but reality is a little different. After his older brother's death 10 years ago, he has exhibited eccentric behavior. The company's stock price has fluctuated accordingly. One day, Han Tae-Sool learns of an unreliable truth behind his brother's death. His dangerous journey begins.

Kang Seo-Hae is an elite warrior. She can take down the biggest men with just her bare hands. She is also a sharpshooter and able to make bombs. She learned these skills to survive in a world that is dominated by gangsters and military cliques. One day, after a long and dangerous journey, she comes to Han Tae-Sool to save him.

https://janghaven.com/topic/275-sisyphus-the-myth-시지프스-the-myth-january-2021-upcoming/

The Silent Sea

Gong Yoo; Bae Doo-Na; Lee Joon

Plot:

The Silent Sea is a mystery sci-fi thriller that follows the story of elite scientists who are on a mission to visit the moon to retrieve mysterious samples from an abandoned research station. The drama is based on the eponymous short film The Sea of Tranquility (2014), directed by Choi Hang-yong.

The drama is set in a future where the planet suffers from a lack of necessities, such as food and water, due to desertification. Yoon-jae (Gong Yoo) is a soldier assigned to the space agency while Ji-an (Bae Doo-na) is his teammate on the same lunar mission.

That Night

Kim Soo Hyun; Cha Seung Won

Plot:

Kim Hyun-Soo (Kim Soo-Hyun) is an ordinary university student, but he is accused of murder by an overnight mistake. His life descends into a bottomless pit. Shin Joong-Han (Cha Seung-Won) is a third rate lawyer. He barely managed to pass the bar exam. Shin Joong-Han has never been great in anything, but he is the only one who tries to help Kim Hyun-Soo. Since meeting Kim Hyun-Soo, Shin Joong-Han faces a cruel legal system.

https://janghaven.com/topic/577-that-night-그날-밤-upcoming-2021/

Times

Lee Seo Jin

Plot:

Reporter in 2020 will be able to connect to journalist in 2015 to prevent death of Korea's president. 

https://janghaven.com/topic/524-times-타임즈-february-20-2021-upcoming/

Undercover

Ji Jin Hee; Kim Hyun Joo

Plot:

Han Jung Hyun (an NIS agent) married Choi Yeon Soo (a human rights lawyer) and kept his true identity a secret. When his wife assumed the position as the head of the Senior Civil Servant Corruption Investigations Unit, his secret life slowly gets exposed. 

This drama is a remake of the UK TV series under the same name

https://janghaven.com/topic/152-undercover-언더커버-tbc-2021/

Vincenzo

Song Jung Ki; Jeon Yeo Bin; Taecyeon

Plot:

At the age of 8, Park Joo Hyeong went to Italy after he was adopted. He is now an adult and has the name of Vincenzo Cassano (Song Joong Ki). He is a lawyer, who works for the Mafia as a consigliere. Because of a war between mafia groups, he flees to South Korea. In South Korea, he gets involved with Lawyer Hong Cha Young (Jeon Yeo Bin). She is the type of attorney who will do anything to win a case. Vincenzo Casano falls in love with her. He also achieves social justice by his own way.

He joins forces with Hong Cha Young to take down villains by using villainous methods. It is a story of dark heroes who achieve catharsis by getting rid of villains who cannot be touched by the law.

Jang Joon Woo (Taecyeon), an intern lawyer who comes from abroad and dreams of being Hong Cha Young’s James Bond.

https://janghaven.com/topic/448-vincenzo-빈센조-tbc-2021/

Thank you for nominating these awesome dramas and don't forget to vote too!

@SilverMoonTea @Jane @mademoiselle @abs-oluteM @UnniSara @Chocolate @ssteph @Tofu @joccu__ @JenL @Just_Me 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 4

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

@mademoiselle ehhh..since you're ok with it..I'm just gonna leave them be. In a way it's like training you to get used to untidiness a little bit :laugh:

@joccu__ it looks like your preference is the opposite than that of @mademoiselle .. you two only agreed on one thing...not choosing Undercover :cry: HAHAHAHHA... no pressure there

• Haha 11

@SilverMoonTea LOL..maybe see it this way..although you won't watch any of the two.. you could choose which one you like better from other areas eg: you like the actors, you trust the writers, etc. shrugs..but really up to you :Ghastlel:

I just realised I won't be able to vote using the emojis because I posted them :idk:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

@mademoiselle thank you for giving a great first example on how to vote (just in case people are confused on this model of voting). And sorry that I think I might make you feel uncomfortable because the two pics for the emojis are ... not tidy 

@SnowBlob At first I thought the pic was just not being displayed on mobile properly LOL

Took me a few seconds to figure out that it was intended to be that way for voting 😂

Edited by im0202
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9
7 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

Round 16 (until 14 January 3pm KST)

image.png.47d37f7d7ad3a0c4263b6dac2d178e Vincenzo

vs

561894319_hearteyedemojis.jpg.f3fb13567b One Day, Destruction Entered the Front Door of My House

This one is very hard....I am eager to watch both...but  SJK  is one my 1st oppa loves when I 1st started watching kdramas...so I have to vote him :pandablush:

7 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

Round 16 (until 14 January 3pm KST)

image.png.47d37f7d7ad3a0c4263b6dac2d178e Joseon Exorcist

vs

561894319_hearteyedemojis.jpg.f3fb13567b River where the Moon Rises

And this one...I would have chosen JE if it wasn't horror cause got a lot delicious oppas in this one. 

• Haha 9

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

And sorry that I think I might make you feel uncomfortable because the two pics for the emojis are ... not tidy 

I must admit the half smilies triggered a sense of discomfort for me. I long to erase them for you @SnowBlob :psweatduck::lol:

1 hour ago, ssteph said:

@SnowBlob voted. To be honest, most of them aren't my cup of tea 😅

Haha, I'm in the same boat. I think there's not actually that many things I'm looking forward to yet this year. :idk: I voted for the one I nominated though? :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

If there's one thing i learnt from this round is that...more JangHavenites seem to exhibit a little of 'OCD'- ness... Ehemmm nudge @mademoiselle @im0202 @JenL . and i still refuse to fix the pics :niu:HAHAHAHAHHAHA

Wah ottoke...the final two dramas might only be voted by the ones who nominate them :shocked2:

@abs-oluteM i think this round the hardest for me willl be LUCA vs the silent sea. I'm torn between KRW and gong yoo...and bae doo na. Arrggghhhhh

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

6 hours ago, Tofu said:

That was the hardest one for me to vote on!

LOL same! I thought it was mean to ask me to choose between JDY & KSH. They are the Nokdu couple!!! But unfortunately being an Oppa has advantage & I'm actually unsure about River due to the PD & writer (Dr. Jin was a disaster).

If there's one thing i learnt from this round is that...more JangHavenites seem to exhibit a little of 'OCD'- ness... Ehemmm nudge @mademoiselle @im0202 @JenL . and i still refuse to fix the pics. HAHAHAHAHHAHA

I definitely pretended not seeing the "imperfection" but you brought attention to them by mentioning it. :lol: :laugh: I think Chocolate might be another OCD one hahaha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Shocked 1

If there's one thing i learnt from this round is that...more JangHavenites seem to exhibit a little of 'OCD'- ness... Ehemmm nudge @mademoiselle @im0202 @JenL . and i still refuse to fix the pics :niu:HAHAHAHAHHAHA

20 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I definitely pretended not seeing the "imperfection" but you brought attention to them by mentioning it. :lol: :laugh: 

I confess to being OCD about unimportant things like chopped up smilies. Especially when it's been brought to my attention, but not fixed.

My eyes are twitching as we talk about them  :psweatduck:

• Haha 7

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days