Favorites or Memorable Drama OSTs

LaLa

@SilverMoonTea@im0202 Master's Sun drew me right into the land of kdramas, after which there was no turning back. Boarded my first ship, bought my first Director's Cut DVD set all for the love of it, and it still remains a very special place in my heart almost 8 years later. Love the OST, both songs and instrumental, just as I do Ghost's OST, which I watched after Master's Sun.

To be honest, I gravitate more towards instrumental soundtracks though I do have my share of songs that I love. Here are a brief sample of some of the perhaps more obscure soundtracks that I love...

Missing Noir M's soundtrack is a brilliant compilation of haunting, quirky and dark pieces, all of which irrevocably bring me back to scenes that continue to break my heart when I remember them. Story of the Victim by Na Hyung Woo has played out in various cases... but none that breaks my heart more than Ep5, with that last scene of Go Dong Oh and his sister in happier times - the devastating realisation of the significance of the progressively weaker jingle of her bracelet... her final futile cries to her brother to save her.

While not a drama, 大鱼海棠 Big Fish and Begonia's soundtrack boasts the magnificent work of Yoshida Kiyoshi, each piece the perfect complement to the movie, augmenting every scene it accompanies. Am hard pressed to choose a favourite piece, but if I have to, 最后的离别 Final Separation would be my choice because of how shattered that scene left me for days.

“我会化作人间的风雨陪在妳身边
I will transform into the wind and rain of the human world and stay with you.”  -- 湫 Qiu

九州缥缈录 Novoland:Eagle Flag was not a perfect drama in terms of scripting and pacing, but the 4 main characters, so vividly brought to life by their young actors, and the strong ensemble cast made me love it in spite of all the problems I could see. It is a shame the soundtrack in its entirety was never officially released to date, but I am grateful for the ones they did release while still holding out hope they would somehow, by a miracle give us the rest one day. The hauntingly poignant motif 吕归尘 Lü Guichen by composer 胡波涛 Hu Botao perfectly captures its titular character's journey, just as it will always be synonymous for me with him and Xiao Zhou's final parting moments.

Edited by liddi
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

My OST choice for today is from a drama that I absolutely love, but many haven't seen due to the fact that they're a mother and would have a hard time watching it: Mother This drama really is not a easy watch, it pressures your heartstrings to its limits. There won't be a single second during the drama where you will sit comfy on your seat. But at the same time, no drama will put you through such an emotional rollercoaster. 

The OST is so beautiful, since it manages to point out exactly the kind of love someone has towards their mother. It's so soft and beautiful. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

omoomo @mademoiselle soo good that OST, dunno about the drama but damm Lyn's voice....all the feels.... :heart:

That Hyorin track too, totally forgot about that one from You Who Came From The Stars..... :hearties:

Feeling a bit more up-beat for today (not really upbeat but its a slight change from balads)

I want so much ..... Dinner Mate.....chheeeeeeeee :love:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

@TRaNz - Dinner Mate! I loved the songs in that drama. It was really an underrated drama. I’m watching a drama with the ex-boyfriend and everyone loves his character in this drama but I am always reminded of his Dinner Mate character. :pandasadspoon:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

LMFAO @Tofu I had to re-read your post several times. I genuinely thought you were watching the drama with your ex-bf...I was thinking...what the...who does that...too much awkwardness and feels. geez

But then figured out you meant the ex-bf in Dinner mate, actor Lee Ji-Hoon. hahahaha So the current drama hes in is River Where the Moon Rises. (dang, looks a historical setting..im out haha)

Diggin deep with this next one....from the drama My Lovely Girl, the female lead herself...Krystal. :love:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

There are definitely OST's which stick with me. For instance, I have Kae Sun's "Ship and The Globe" from It's Okay It's Love on my playlist since I first heard it in the drama.

I find myself humming "Hello" by Sunbee from Shopping King Louis a lot as well.

There have only been 2 OST albums that I've purchased though. The first is Moonlight Drawn By Clouds, from which I love this song so much.

The other OST album I bought was Healer. And who could ever forget this song:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
On 3/1/2021 at 1:55 AM, Chocolate said:

As to be expected, I love most of the CLOY OSTs. Especially Song for my brother - where HB's character wrote the song when his brother died, played it only once and was heard by SYJ's character, when she wanted to kill herself. It saved her from being suicidal. She searches for the song to no avail. Only when she plays it for HB in NK, then they realise it is fate. The song made me search for korean ost score sheets online to play on the piano.

I think I'm a sucker for sad piano songs and this one is such a lovely piece that is a memory keepsake of his brother and I'd say his freedom in a place that doesn't allow for that. Haha, I also like that it was played at such a beautiful location in Europe where SYJ's character first heard it. :BulbaOWO:

On 3/1/2021 at 2:14 AM, eNDe said:

@JenL knows how much I kept asking about this song since its first few sec intro in ep 2 and patiently waited for it to be released finally sometime after ep 8.  With a song title "I'll Comfort You", it truly was a comfort to listen to it during the year end of 2020.  

Hahaha, I remember! I think it's such a lovely, hopeful and relevant song in a part of the drama where GAR's character was still quite vulnerable and needed a lot of support and comfort :heart:

On 3/1/2021 at 2:14 AM, eNDe said:

I put this on the Piano playlist for my early morning train commute :hearties:  Truly uplifting! Highly recommended! I love its opening instrumental track for the drama, together with its beautiful illustration and animation, I couldn't skip the intro before each episode. 

I do love a good ost and especially when the lyrics or arrangements are special even for a commute in our daily lives. At the moment, it's been Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol's ost that's been riding with me for quite some time. :yayaya:

I love the soundtrack, especially the piano pieces... and I have a whole playlist that I chuck on when concentrating for work since piano music is meant to be good for concentrating anyway :hearties: 

Hehe will we were get over the music for this drama?

I also like these piano pieces from Do do sol sol la la sol

Plasir D'Armour (Pleasure of love)

Jun learns to play this song as part of his confession to Rara ...and when he's forced to separate from her with no way to communicate with her through words, he draws out the notes for this song to convey his feelings.

Je te veux (I Want You)

Rara says 'I want You' to Jun without context, which makes the poor boy's heart skip (But she was just referring to the title of the song :laugh:)

On 3/1/2021 at 2:31 AM, Dhakra said:

I am sure, a lot of people here haven't watched the drama and probably don't know what it's about (although the title might give it away), but the mood of the OST alone gives you a pretty good idea how heavy and atmospheric the drama is. 

Hahaha, I haven't seen this drama, but I did see the magazine photoshoot for it. I have to say it looked super intense and left little to the imagination :laugh:

On 3/1/2021 at 3:43 AM, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I like at least one OST from every drama I watched, but I remember Heartstrings You have fallen for me.

Ahhhh, I forgot how much I loved this song!...Listening to his singing and the carefree sound of this song, I still like it a lot. I barely remember this drama though, but I guess it's been years since I watched it. I was a big CNBlue fan back in the day and saw them live when they played in my country. :heart:

On 3/1/2021 at 3:50 AM, LaLa said:

@JenL It's okay. Everyone has different taste in music. Hmm indie band. For now the song that is sung by indie band that come up to my mind is probably Fake Spring by Acoustic Collabo from Lies of Lies drama. I remember @abs-oluteM also like this :)

Oooh thanks for the intro to this song. It is light and easy listening :) :zzzz:

On 3/1/2021 at 5:08 AM, Dhakra said:

Also not to forget, one of,my favorite dramas has a very famous OST aswell. I guess this one will have a lot more people who know and love it. It just always brings you into a good, light mood. 

Weighlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo had such a great OST aswell.

To this day, this remains one of my favourite dramas. Everything was so well done with this drama and you're right the OST was quite fun and 'Dreams' was such a lovely song to play in the more emotional scenes between the leads. :wow:

On 3/1/2021 at 7:30 AM, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

@LaLa I didn't watch You are Beautiful. I like Heartstrings because it is about music 😀🎶🎶 🎵🎵🎵

Yeah, I liked Heartstrings for the music and I didn't/ couldn't watch You're Beautiful - it had one of those horrible love triangles where the main guy was mega toxic-abusive and the female lead still chose him over the second lead who was nice to her. Pretty sure the reason they put her Heartstrings was because there was a lot of SLS going on with fans. :smile:

On 3/1/2021 at 8:23 AM, mademoiselle said:

I like the drama too. I find it soothing and "quiet". I like that they get together for the book club too.

It's like my dream book club with LJW :BulbaOWO::hearties::laugh:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

The first few seconds are giving me the chills everytime. I loved the drama so much, sadly it lost a bit of its magic in the second season. 

46 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahaha, I haven't seen this drama, but I did see the magazine photoshoot for it. I have to say it looked super intense and left little to the imagination

It was. It was intense, but very interesting to watch how much you can lose yourself in a world of lies. 

About Fairy, I pretty much watch the drama or scenes of it at least once a year. It such a nice, light watch with so much magic happening. It was also the start of my drama-watching career, so I have a special connection to it. 

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 2/28/2021 at 7:28 PM, LaLa said:

Oh we have to tag @Jane in here too to share her favorites.

It's only when I started watching k-dramas more frequently that I started to notice their OSTs! Obviously the first one I have to share is the whole Hospital Playlist OST. My favourite song from there is You, Always. Here's the OST version and the drama version!

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

3 hours ago, Dhakra said:

About Fairy, I pretty much watch the drama or scenes of it at least once a year. It such a nice, light watch with so much magic happening. It was also the start of my drama-watching career, so I have a special connection to it. 

This I can vouch for ...ahahah I remember we did this last year . Fairy has a special place in my heart. 

@LaLa I think I have thing for soppy dramas & OSTs that make me cry.

I loved this ...it fitted the mood of the drama so much . @stroppyse & @ktcjdrama watched this too.

11 hours ago, Tofu said:

@TRaNz - Dinner Mate! I loved the songs in that drama. It was really an underrated drama. I’m watching a drama with the ex-boyfriend and everyone loves his character in this drama but I am always reminded of his Dinner Mate character. :pandasadspoon:

hahahah I know who you are talking about. I like his character there , but I cannot say I am having SLS.  I think the OTP are meant to be together :pandacool:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues:  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

You guys have mentioned a lot of my favorites too. And since no one mentioned this one yet, it will be my first quick post here before I post more. 

One of the dramas with all songs being a favorite ~ Scarlet Heart Ryeo. The drama that made me download Spotify and try to make my first playlist (which I failed and gave up 😆)  Special mention: Track #10 starts at 32:50 a hauntingly beautiful song. When this song plays, we know someone’s dead. Haha...

@abs-oluteM When My Love Blooms is another drama with most of the songs being my favorite too. I remember mentioning it so many times in the drama thread how the various OST/BGM fit the story so well. You made me want to rewatch.... 🤪

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

On 3/1/2021 at 10:27 PM, TRaNz said:

LMFAO @Tofu I had to re-read your post several times. I genuinely thought you were watching the drama with your ex-bf...I was thinking...what the...who does that...too much awkwardness and feels. geez

But then figured out you meant the ex-bf in Dinner mate, actor Lee Ji-Hoon. hahahaha So the current drama hes in is River Where the Moon Rises. (dang, looks a historical setting..im out haha)

LOL!! Sorry! I should have been a little clearer. :laugh: River Where the Moon Rises is a historical drama with politics at the core. I like the drama, but I know not everyone likes those. Lee Ji Hoon is a lot better but some scenes reminds me of so much of his character in Dinner Mate. :cry:

Also, I think this song also needs to be added to the list. The "yum yum"...hahaha!!

17 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Other than Gaho, the other Itaewon Class OST I like - totally a Park Saeroyi's song too.

Ha Hyun Woo - Diamond

Yes! The instrumental for this song was my ringtone for a while. 

I really like the song Sad March by Elaine in Mr. Sunshine. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
On 2/28/2021 at 11:31 PM, Dhakra said:

I am sure, a lot of people here haven't watched the drama and probably don't know what it's about (although the title might give it away), but the mood of the OST alone gives you a pretty good idea how heavy and atmospheric the drama is. 

I've read about the drama and the reviews however have not watched it. I love the music though! Thank you for sharing this! 

I watched Love Affairs in the Afternoon (2019) and usually I will not watch affair-heavy secrets kind of drama for a while to rest my mind that tend to debate a lot on the matter. 

---------------------------------------

• Last Night (2010)

This film tells on affairs-attraction of two sets of people in the story but it got me thinking a lot about the ending/outcome AND its OST. 

• Queen for Seven Days (2017)

I remember this drama has plenty of awesome OST too. 

• 3 Days (2014) 

2nd kdrama I've ever watched so it'll always be memorable for me. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 3/2/2021 at 7:07 PM, mademoiselle said:

One Ok Rock - The Beginning (Rurouni Kenshin OST)

So happy to see this ost mentioned here! :hearties:  I love its anime ost too! 

7 hours ago, Tofu said:

Also, I think this song also needs to be added to the list. The "yum yum"...hahaha!!

Thanks for sharing Dinner Mate OST! It's on my watch list! 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, eNDe said:

I've read about the drama and the reviews however have not watched it. I love the music though! Thank you for sharing this! 

I watched Love Affairs in the Afternoon (2019) and usually I will not watch affair-heavy secrets kind of drama for a while to rest my mind that tend to debate a lot on the matter. 

Actually it got recommended to me by @abs-oluteM back then and I needed more than one approach to watch it aswell. It is really heavy and asks some very interesting questions. So you always think about it. Even weeks after watching it you keep thinking back, also because of the music. But the music is really well included in the drama. Within the drama they actually play another  classical piano song quite often, which also sets the tone of the atmosphere.

It's the beginning of Schubert's Fantasie, which is played by the main actors quite often.

Spoiler

-------------------------------------------------------------

As for my recommendation today, it's from the Drama "Mad Dog". I remember after listening to it for the first time I was so excited for the day the OST gets released. Very, very beautiful song by Eric Nam. I love these kind of songs

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, eNDe said:

Omoooo...fellow Affairs fan here. My goodness , I was feeling so bad when I wanted them to leave their spouses ...it was so wrong of me .  I have to credit the chemistry of the leads .

My fave OST from there

10 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

Actually it got recommended to me by @abs-oluteM back then and I needed more than one approach to watch it aswell. It is really heavy and asks some very interesting questions. So you always think about it. Even weeks after watching it you keep thinking back, also because of the music. But the music is really well included in the drama. Within the drama they actually play another  classical piano song quite often, which also sets the tone of the atmosphere.

IKR...I kept bugging you to watch it ...we're talking about Secret Love Affair right.? 

Lol @SilverMoonTea knows I watch way too many of these sort of sinful melodramas!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues:  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

Selling you guys my latest crack drama and its OST - The Sword & Brocade. 

Its perfect ost for period drama, mellow and with traditional feelings on it. 

This one sang by Wallace Chung @Alice Wonderland

@abs-oluteM I actually don't know you already in this harem drama lols. Actually I'm not into period drama so much. But I really like this one. Let's see how long this addiction will last? Haha seeing I already gulped 18 eps just in few days, this quite promising. 

@LaLaI also need to sleep haha but somehow still lounging & daydreaming here lols...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@Tofu Last night I was looking up for begin again video performance and ends up spend almost 2 hours listening to various songs covered in there. So Hyang appeared several times as part of the casts. She has a lovely voice :heart:

@TRaNzGosh I love that song too :hearties: I didn't really remember about the drama's plot but I really love the song. I think my first OSTs from Lyn is probably from Full House 

Spoiler

Full House is a memorable drama and I guessed I started to fall in love with the OSTs while watching the series. Another Full House OST that I like is from Byul - I think I 

Spoiler

@SilverMoonTeaOooh I didn't know you watch Cinderella & Four Knights. I watched it and really enjoy the  theme OST by BTOB. The story was so so but the main 4 'princes' are all handsome so it's a bless to our eyes :laugh:

@mademoiselle Ahh I like that song too. I also put Hyorin's OST in Master's Sun (Going Crazy) under my playlist if I want to listen to sad songs hahaha. But there is this OST from her that feels light and happier. I never watched the drama (How to Love Smart) which featured Han Hyo Joo and Lee Jae Hoon, but found this on Youtube long time ago when I browsed for songs. It's a remake of old song by Zoo. This song is popular for being used as congratulatory song for wedding

Spoiler

@stroppyse Oh my. That Healer OST! How can I forgot about that? :psweatduck: Thanks for sharing and made me remember about that OST. And Ben, another singer I knew because of drama OSTs. I got goose bumps while listening to this particular OST from Ben when I watched Hwayugi.

Spoiler

@abs-oluteM @mademoiselle Another OST from 18 Again that I like is from JukJae.

Spoiler

From Itaewon Class, other than Gaho and Ha Hyun Woo, I like Kim Feel's OST

Spoiler

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@LaLaI also need to sleep haha but somehow still lounging & daydreaming here lols...

That's what I've been doing yesterday and tonight hahaha what is sleep +_+ panda eyes :scaredpanda2:

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

12 hours ago, Dhakra said:

As for my recommendation today, it's from the Drama "Mad Dog". I remember after listening to it for the first time I was so excited for the day the OST gets released. Very, very beautiful song by Eric Nam. I love these kind of songs

I really enjoyed this song from this drama too. I actually went back to re-watch this drama a few months ago. 

9 hours ago, LaLa said:

Last night I was looking up for begin again video performance and ends up spend almost 2 hours listening to various songs covered in there. So Hyang appeared several times as part of the casts. She has a lovely voice

Yes! I love watching Begin Again! I put two of my favorite recent videos of her from the show in the spoiler plus her rendition of Ailee's song.

Spoiler

This is her version of Ailee's song from Goblin. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

@mademoiselle posted a video in Kim Min Jae’s thread which reminded me of one of my fave dramas & OSTs from last year - Do You Like Brahms. Punch sang so many memorable OSTs 

@Dhakra I am surprised you didn’t watch Do You Like Brahms. It’s about these classical musicians & their growth both in terms of their careers & romance. I believe you’re familiar with the FL

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1