Havenites Dabang

42 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I devoted my life collecting oppas... 🤣😅

It's like a religion :laugh:

45 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLaround ep 15 the story a bit not growing (Pleasantly Surprised).. I totally love Before We Get Married more... I hope i can finish PS... 

Haha, oh yeah...probably a combination of forgetfulness, nostalgia, bias-because-this-is-first-Jasper- drama-I-loved and purposefully-not-telling-you-since-you-drop-dramas-like-hot-potatoes....but yeah, there is drag towards the last arc of Pleasantly Surprised ...I can't remember how bad it gets, but it was annoying from memory because they could have done so many better things with that many episodes :laugh: 

Still the ending is nice, so if you get bored/ can't handle the drag, I wouldn't drop it, but skip to the end :pandacool: Haha, I knew you would like BWGM more. They are very different series. 

8 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

P.s I myself not too fans of the story with too many sex scenes haha... I felt like they done the deeds and now so what is the next step? Nothing much left... 

Hahaha says the person who likes the smutty drama Before we get Married :smug::laugh:

6 hours ago, ssteph said:

@Chocolate I also agree with SilverMoonTea, MayanEcho & ktcjdrama. The author has given note. Readers must know what kind of story it is before they start reading. If they don't like 18+ story, don't read it...

I agree with everyone! They've marked it and now it's read at your own risk :heiboi:

But I guess if you write fan fic with real people, you also write at your own risk too unfortunately...the hardcore fandoms can be pretty scary and they seem to go around monitoring and being sensitive to everything they think is related to their territories. :psweatduck:

44 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Chocolate I laugh because my country is run by bunch of idiots. Sorry , very little faith in the current government. Anyhow, there’s basically no celebration . Can only have dinner with family members from the same house . :pandaheadstomp:.  Lol.  but us Malaysians always hv a sense of humor . Night markets are allowed to be open ( need to save the small biz ) ...so someone joked we can all meet at the night bazaar to exchange Ang pow. 

Hahahaha Night market ang pow session would be hilarious :pandatakeit: 

But you might get robbed :laugh: I was never allowed to go to night market with handbags let alone my bundles of ang pows

36 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

When Singapore was on lock-down, a friend actually had her first date at the Supermarket (it was the only place open then) and they are living together now!

Maybe supermarkets are the best place for dates. I mean, you get to find out people's habits by what they buy. This would make a good plot for a drama to be honest :laugh:

• Haha 6

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenLYeah, the robbing scenes and the brother stories a bit annoying. Classic for taiwan series... I think @abs-oluteMmentioned abt want to pull her hair out for draggy plot haha... 

To my defense BWGM (Before We Get Married) really normally not my fav genre. I was shocked I like it so much lols... @Chocolatedid i sell you this smutty drama before? Haha.. you should watch it. 

• Haha 6

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Night markets are allowed to be open ( need to save the small biz ) ...so someone joked we can all meet at the night bazaar to exchange Ang pow. 

Someone shared a pic with me joking about changing venue of CNY gathering in Singapore to MRT cabins, because there is no restriction there 😂

• Haha 6

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

To my defense BWGM (Before We Get Married) really normally not my fav genre. I was shocked I like it so much lols... @Chocolatedid i sell you this smutty drama before? Haha.. you should watch it. 

Errrr... can you tell me which chapter has the smut so I can judge whether it is interesting first lol?

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Someone shared a pic with me joking about changing venue of CNY gathering in Singapore to MRT cabins, because there is no restriction there 😂

That's true!

We also have a rule where we must wear masks when we lao yusheng. And cannot shout. Must be soft hahaha...

graphic-what-you-can-and-cannot-do-chine

• Haha 5
  • Shocked 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Nian Nian Yuo Fish 😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, JenL said:

I agree with everyone! They've marked it and now it's read at your own risk 

But I guess if you write fan fic with real people, you also write at your own risk too unfortunately...the hardcore fandoms can be pretty scary and they seem to go around monitoring and being sensitive to everything they think is related to their territories. 

That's a good point JenL. I was itching to defend her but decided that it is not my fight. She has to be able to take the heat for plotting her story that way, and standing by it.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

We also have a rule where we must wear masks when we lao yusheng. And cannot shout. Must be soft hahaha...

Aigoo... how can we still call it lao yusheng without shouting and verbalizing all those auspicious phrases?? May as well all bow down to observe a moment of silence 😆 

I hope people will think of a way to record their shouting/verbalizing at home and play the recording instead while tossing and serving the lohei. There will not be any risk of virus spread if played over a recording. Maybe even the restaurant can play it for their diners using the central speakers. 

But I can understand the concern because last year Singapore saw a big jump of cases due to these dinners. 

• Haha 6

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I hope people will think of a way to record their shouting/verbalizing at home and play the recording instead while tossing and serving the lohei. There will not be any risk of virus spread if played over a recording. Maybe even the restaurant can play it for their diners using the central speakers.

Din Tai Fung already has that 😂 They have a QR code which you can scan, and then a video with a lady in cheongsam pops up on your mobile. And she will say the words for the lo hei! So innovative 🤣

Happy Friday @MayanEcho. Any special plans for the weekend?

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Any special plans for the weekend?

Read some, watch some. Hibernate 😁

2 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

stuck in meeting not nice :x

Acht, it will be over soon. Tis Friday, everyone will want to go, or finish early be it WFH or in office.

Edited by MayanEcho
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

Sorry, late on this -- Agreed with everyone else too, @Chocolate. The writer had disclaimers posted before the chapter. As a reader, you decide if you want to continue after reading those disclaimers. Also, I skimmed through the chapter and it's a grey area. Someone can make an argument both way about it being or not being consensual. 

After all the stuff that happened with Xiao Zhan and a fanfiction, I learned that it can be a scary road for fanfiction writers to use celebrities' real name.

19 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I need to promote my drama... come watch with me. 

I think @UnniSara mentioned she watched it on Discord too. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2
  • Party! 1

:letalQQ:My flower boy...:cry:

videoplayback-10.gif

I don't want him to leave! :cry: he is so hot as a villain...omggg:nervous: Why give me open endingggggg urghhhh.:cry:

He made my heart flutter! Then his character flutter away. He gone!:cry:

giphy.gif

*Something ironic. Later in mouse. Ahn Nae Sung is Seung Gi's dad. So if I see dramas as alternate universes...his character killed his own dad in the busted universe hahaha hahaha

• Haha 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

On 2/3/2021 at 10:51 PM, Chocolate said:

Now, the author has accepted the initial feedback and made minor adjustments to the chapter (so minor that I can barely tell the difference lol) and also added stronger warnings. But they are asking her to tag the fic as "non-consensual" or even change the whole thing which she refuses to do because she does not think it is NC. I think anyone weaker-minded would have buckled under the pressure smh..

I will read this when I get home and give you the feedback @Chocolate . Should I also comment on her profile and tell her my opinion??

P.S . Sorry for the late reply 

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

oh my @ktcjdrama I just watched eps 1 Love Feat Marriage & Divorce...:shocked:...I feel like all the husbands there cannot be trusted...and Sung Hoon...my goodness. 

Hey Chingu @abs-oluteM

SPOILER BELOW.  
If anyone want my analysis on each character let me know  giphy.gif?cid=5e2148869usw1vqj92gmk4bzm0

Spoiler

OMg  I think all three are cheating . Yes Sung Hoon is definitely  cheating and is going to be a DADDY

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

18 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLYeah, the robbing scenes and the brother stories a bit annoying. Classic for taiwan series... I think @abs-oluteMmentioned abt want to pull her hair out for draggy plot haha... 

Heh, it does happen! I think my last favourite TW series were all in the 10-13 episode range and well written. But the SETTV series (Like Pleasantly Surprised , Lost romance, When I See you Again) have the more draggy 20 episodes...but on the flip side they're full of popular actors...and they are not afraid of doing more intimate story lines :laugh:

17 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLonce my attention span start getting bad, Jasper appear in suit as the son's owner restaurant representative 😍🤩 He obviously want me to stay watching lols...

Hahaha I think that was their strategy....we seem to be losing viewers...."quick, make Jasper beautiful. They will keep watching for him!" :smug:

15 hours ago, Darkarcana said:

**whispering** 

Huat Ah.

Nian Nian Yuo Fish

LOL This is very quiet :lenny:

15 hours ago, Chocolate said:

That's a good point JenL. I was itching to defend her but decided that it is not my fight. She has to be able to take the heat for plotting her story that way, and standing by it.

I get you - I don't like to see people getting taken down undeservingly. But I guess it depends on how comfortable you feel getting involved. If it's unfair, I might say something neutral and light-hearted to remind people that they're making a big deal over something trivial. But I don't like to get involved in fan wars - people can get way out of line. And I guess the danger with writing 'real people fan fiction', people have to be aware that people in society are sensitive these days in not only as fans, but as more politically-correct, educated beings in a more polarised culture. So I guess writers maybe also need to take that into consideration also :thinking::idk:

6 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

we already have big cases jump so everything is close and no celebration

Is this Malaysia??? Or elsewhere?  :psweatduck:

6 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Din Tai Fung already has that 😂 They have a QR code which you can scan, and then a video with a lady in cheongsam pops up on your mobile. And she will say the words for the lo hei! So innovative 🤣

Gotta get creative in the times of Corona :laugh:

4 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

bad boys usually get more love :wow2:

Well you know the old Chinese saying: 男人不坏,女人不爱 

(If a guy ain't bad, the girls don't want) :smug:

I can't say anything. Over at the Oppa Tracker thread I discovered I am basic and my tastes includes all of those second-lead-bad-boys-with-a-heart-of-gold. I currently like Hwang In Yeop just like so many people who watched True Beauty :lenny:

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

After all the stuff that happened with Xiao Zhan and a fanfiction, I learned that it can be a scary road for fanfiction writers to use celebrities' real name.

I had no idea what this was but just read the story and it is quite insane. I feel sorry for him because it wasn't his fault his fans were so crazy? And then the angry anti-fans? :lettalKWA:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days