Havenites Dabang

Does anyone reckon, that of the recently returned actors (likes of Ji Changwook, Kim Soohyun, Joo Won), JCW's drama choices have been the most disappointing? Or are expectations of drama storytelling quality just getting to high? Drama fatigue? Nothing seems quite so riveting to watch these days (except perhaps the recently concluded "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" <-- that was a class entirely of its own, but apparently only to viewers outside of Korea?

3 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I regretted my name actually, I don't know why I chose it. My brain said GuiFei or NiangNiang but my fingers typed out OsmanthusTea.....:shocked2:

OsmanthusTea Niang Niang...

Edited by gilaswan
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 10
3 hours ago, Mouse said:

So glad to see everyone so active here!! :love:

Don’t worry, even I still ask who is who every now and then. It’s hard to keep up with all the name changes! I debated changing my name too but then I decided to stick with the same name just so people can recognize me (also bec I suck at coming up with better names). 

@Mouse, don't even think of changing your name. I like it. For easier recognition also. Some of the people here changed their names but retained their display pic. Btw, I haven't seen Ameera Ali (on this site and Soompi). Does anyone know her whereabouts? 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 5
2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Does anyone reckon, that of the recently returned actors (likes of Ji Changwook, Kim Soohyun, Joo Won), JCW's drama choices have been the most disappointing? Or are expectations of drama storytelling quality just getting to high? Drama fatigue? Nothing seems quite so riveting to watch these days (except perhaps the recently concluded "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" <-- that was a class entirely of its own, but apparently only to viewers outside of Korea?

Yeah some what agree, Backstreet Rookie and Its Okay Not to Be Okay wasnt really the greatest watch. Like BR still managed to keep me interested unlike IOTNBO i began losing interest after ep 8, the drama became a a bit toxic and deep.

TBH the only drama i enjoyed recently was Dinner Mate.

Gonna hope in the next month there would be something interesting to watch. **fingers crossed for 'Private Life' and 'Search'**

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

Yay :fam: !!! We touched 100 in membership today. A mini milestone for us...but nevertheless something we are grateful for and only made possible from the support we get from each of you and from the staff ! Thanks all ...much love from all of us here at

JangHaven 

ecc2124116aa5a0ee1bc466c7b69dd8a.gif

Gif credit to Best Animations on Pinterest

• Awesome 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Clapping Hands 6
  • Party! 8

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

On PC, it's so hard to click on the 'Haha' reaction because the emoji is so far down the left and when I drag my mouse over I sometimes can't keep a straight line and the bar disappears so I have to mouse over the reaction button again... 

Am I the only one with this problem? (I don't have a mousepad btw maybe that's why)

I end up using the touchpad because it's easier to move in a straight line. Or I just click 'like' if I keep failing with the mouse lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8
2 minutes ago, im0202 said:

On PC, it's so hard to click on the 'Haha' reaction because the emoji is so far down the left and when I drag my mouse over I sometimes can't keep a straight line and the bar disappears so I have to mouse over the reaction button again... 

Am I the only one with this problem? (I don't have a mousepad btw maybe that's why)

I end up using the touchpad because it's easier to move in a straight line. Or I just click 'like' if I keep failing with the mouse lol.

I don't have the same issue. I tested it with and without mousepad.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
10 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Nah Im the same, anything on the far left side I tend to go off course and have to start again....so then I just give the basic react of the heart. LOL....its the thought that counts hahahahah

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

2 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

Nah Im the same, anything on the far left side I tend to go off course and have to start again....so then I just give the basic react of the heart. LOL....its the thought that counts hahahahah

'basic react of the heart'... I like how you put it! Lol.

p.s. I failed the first time to react 'haha' but I tried again with the touchpad :)

• Like 5
  • Haha 5
7 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I regretted my name actually, I don't know why I chose it. My brain said GuiFei or NiangNiang but my fingers typed out OsmanthusTea.....:shocked2:

Waeyo? Cant you change it? I think I was told thst we cant change our username so must think it carefully before deciding it. But no problem OsmathusTea sounds cute. 😄

Congrats to JH! The more the merrier!

14 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@wallflowersforjane wanna watch Little Forest together? I can do rewatch.

@Alice Wonderland wanna join? LSG is love. My ship thread is dead, i think i need to do some advertisement later in twitter lols . . .

:heart:

😂😂😂 Oh gosh! Who do ship oppa with? I told you I am not into shipping world. But to help your thread keeping alive I'll come to spread some love there later. Himnaesayo... 😉

• Haha 6
  • Awesome 1
21 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Secret forest ship lols. Maybe its imaginary ship after all 😝

I saw several people in blue bird land also shipping them. You guys are not alone ;)

Congratulations for reaching 100 membership! 

And thank you for the new emoji and gift badges and banner! What a surprise gift after a long day 

:love:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

OMG YESSSS, my 8 Taylor Swift - Folkore albums has been packed and begun its trip over from the USA to Australia....soooonnnn I cannot waiittttt...hwwiii~~~~

:love:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1

16 hours ago, gilaswan said:

It's probably drama fatigue and too high expectations.

BR was my first JCW and also KYJ drama (Yes, I never watched their other popular dramas before 😅). I enjoyed Backstreet Rookie and I personally think he did a good job playing a normal guy. His character is probably the most normal drama protagonist I've seen. He works, he isn't rich, he doesn't have psycho tendecies, he doesn't have psycho people around him and he was just nice and kind but not a pushover. BR despite the issues surrounding it, managed to have a simple but meaningful plot. And Kim Yoo Jung was wonderful.

I was not on the IONTBO train. I don't plan to watch it anytime soon and will have to find the right mood to watch, if not I might end up being too critical. The constant praise it got kinda backfired for me, as it made my expectations super sky high hahaha.

As for Joowon, his drama hasn't started yet. Will have to wait to see if its good or bad. Alice does have ratings magnet Kim Hee Sun. It might be good 😆.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

81NYo5.gif - Royal Hotness x Coffee

57 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

But ... so much disasters this year. Bushfire (AU), Covid (WWW), wars and typhoon ... is Earth doing a clean sweep or what?

Like 2020 is some kind of a very nasty reset. Be safe everyone, from wherever you are.

Speaking of COVID, schools here in my place will be opening on 30th, but first two weeks would still be online for everyone, including those who chose blended learning.

Ah, even the parents were sent links for a half-hour web training for the COVID protocols and procedures. Tests and assessments scores were recorded. :heiboi:

Edited by MayanEcho
  • Like 4
  • Shocked 1

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero