Havenites Dabang

20 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha correction, I only make fun if it's you :laugh: What can I say, I'm this kind of person :idk:

So you openly like to see me suffer:pandagrim:

20 hours ago, JenL said:

<haha because it only went for like 5-10 mins :laugh: We just like talking about it because it has never happened before in a way that was that strong.

19 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm thinking it was deemed not worthy of reporting in your country because 1) very minor damage 2) no death and not strong enough ~ about 5.8. News love big disaster and this is peanut case.

For us it is big deal enough because earthquake is rare here and it is the strongest we've felt and my first time so the first thing I did was to come here and ask if the others had felt it that day since I've never experienced one (my workmates all rushed out of the building so I couldn't get in contact with them for a while).

Hahahaha yeah, like last minute studying for exams. I'll have to remember what to do though - might forget in future.

So it is only worth mentioning when people die or it causes severe damage? What a cruel world. :pandabonk:

But I guess all our media outlets are busy enough with the election and the guy who shot a 20y student who worked at a gas station, because he told him to wear a mask. Probably the weirdest and most unnecessary crime in a long time in Germany.

We don't have earthquakes either, so I can't even imagine how it feels. How did it feel? Did you shake aswell? Did you had trouble standing?

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
4 hours ago, Dhakra said:

So it is only worth mentioning when people die or it causes severe damage? What a cruel world. :pandabonk:

But I guess all our media outlets are busy enough with the election and the guy who shot a 20y student who worked at a gas station, because he told him to wear a mask. Probably the weirdest and most unnecessary crime in a long time in Germany.

We don't have earthquakes either, so I can't even imagine how it feels. How did it feel? Did you shake aswell? Did you had trouble standing?

In my opinion the world is cruel. Media/news/social media exaggerate an incident and can affect the lives of people. From another perspective, the media outlets need to weigh between what they deemed more important to report that will catch public attention and perhaps that day something else outweighs the earthquake comparing to what's going on around the world and your own country :idk:

Honestly I can't remember if the ground shook. I wasn't standing at the time. I was sitting down. Now I just remember the loud rattling sound coming from the walls and the door was also shaking and rattling against its frame. All that came into my mind at that moment was "What is this? Is this an earthquake? What do I do?" Even when it was over I wasn't sure.

There were video snippets of bottles falling off a pharmacy's shelves but nothing fell off in our house. I'm approximately 160 - 200 km away (by car) from the epicentre so what I felt that day may not be as strong as those closer to it.

• Like 5
19 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Honestly I can't remember if the ground shook. I wasn't standing at the time. I was sitting down. Now I just remember the loud rattling sound coming from the walls and the door was also shaking and rattling against its frame. All that came into my mind at that moment was "What is this? Is this an earthquake? What do I do?" Even when it was over I wasn't sure.

Interesting, it feels hard to imagine. I wonder how Johnny would react to an earthquake.

• Like 3
On 9/26/2021 at 2:48 AM, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I am watching several series right now, A Gentleman and a lady, Hometown cha cha cha, and Be my dream family (sometimes). It is too much lol. I can't binge watch. Actually I prefer 30-minute series, so dailies are my favourite.

There is no such thing as too much. LOL! Honestly I think I am watching too many as well but I am constantly lured into clicking a new show. Are you watching KSH in 2D1N? So I am a big fan of him, but probably only for dramas. I rarely watch varieties especially if they are regulars. 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Are you watching KSH in 2D1N?

Sometimes I watch a few minutes while waiting for the following program TROS. btw it seems KSH stopped it temporarily. I looked for him yesterday but he wasn't  there.

I am watching 2 other series, A Turkish one and Egyptian one so you can imagine how many series I follow lol.

Edited by Nohamahmoud2002
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@mademoiselle wheeeeeeeoooo lets test my memory after being so dramatic in hospital! Lols (I did rewatch after that for 1x in background play tho)

will update with the result weeeinggg weiinggg woooshhhhhh

update: passed exam with flying colors yips yay! 🌈 Thanks to editing time lolols

FAXY7lmVgAIlB8l?format=png&name=900x900

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@bairama WOW, 10 out of 10!!! Impressive! I only got 8/10. LOL

hahahahaha I forgot what the English of publisher name but I got it right by hunch XD

3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Look what I just came across! This is the first!

what a solid professional volunteering work(?)! Danggg I love it gives the justice to the translator but is it will be safe? 

Spoiler

Kdramas team really should considering eng sub for international fan anyway

• Like 3

G O O D  V I B E S  

@bairama I wing a couple too and got it right. The other 2 I winged didn't xD

4 minutes ago, bairama said:

what a solid professional volunteering work(?)! Danggg I love it gives the justice to the translator but is it will be safe? 

Hide contents

Kdramas team really should considering eng sub for international fan anyway

Then the money will have to be split for these subbers. Don't think they can recuperate. Kdrama DVDs still lack the market. It's made for themselves rather than international fans. Too expensive as well. USD$300+ for a BR-DVD boxset with nothing we can understand and have to wait for 6 months to a year to have it. By that time I have already moved on and love something else! That is the fate of my Healer boxset right now. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@SnowBlob x Chae Songhwa vo :laugh::heart:

23 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Then the money will have to be split for these subbers. Don't think they can recuperate. Kdrama DVDs still lack the market. It's made for themselves rather than international fans. Too expensive as well. USD$300+ for a BR-DVD boxset with nothing we can understand and have to wait for 6 months to a year to have it. By that time I have already moved on and love something else! That is the fate of my Healer boxset right now. :laugh:

HAHAHAH I just remembered from Oppa Tracker YES you bought that Healer BR and gyaaa the fate.. :laugh::laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

G O O D  V I B E S  

26 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Gosh it’s been such a crazy busy week . Think I’m behind on many of my dramas again . Lol . 
How’s everyone? 

I’m behind on dramas too... Have not finished Ep 8 of LOTRS. Will try and find time this weekend.

Few days ago my fiancé got test result of covid positive so it’s been a pretty stressful few days. Cases in SG have been going up everyday for the past few weeks now, and I think the whole system is overwhelmed, so there’s a delay in everything including information relaying. The waiting for next step of action is so frustrating sigh...

Hope everyone is doing okay! @abs-oluteM how’s the situation in your country?

Edited by im0202
  • Sad 6

Oh nooo @im0202 ...speedy recovery for your fiancé. Yes like @mademoiselle I have been reading about the rising cases in SG. Delta variant is no joke. But I think with vaccination it does lower the effects. In Msia, our cases are  dropping by about 50%  compared to say a month ago. The economy is reopening, so I think I will have to go back to work at site. Our vaccination rate is very high now , so it has helped. But still have got to be careful. We could not lock down forever as it hurt the economy very badly. So now it is a real juggle of livelihood vs the covid cases.

Sigh. Seems no end to this. 

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

3 hours ago, bairama said:

@abs-oluteM uuuunchiee glad you shoutout heree

@im0202 ah 😢 my pray with your fiance may he recovers really soon & of course you. Take care dear

Gosh. This is gonna killer month for me workwise & with the economy reopening , time has become so precious. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, im0202 said:

Few days ago my fiancé got test result of covid positive so it’s been a pretty stressful few days. Cases in SG have been going up everyday for the past few weeks now, and I think the whole system is overwhelmed, so there’s a delay in everything including information relaying. The waiting for next step of action is so frustrating sigh...

Yes, I know of people who have to serve 14 day quarantine, but by the time they are notified, it is already the 10th day. The number of cases and deaths is relatively high for SG but I guess that is to be expected by opening up. Hoping that this "trial" works out so there is a clear way to "live with covid".

Hope your fiancé recovers well and your results are negative.

28 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh nooo @im0202 ...speedy recovery for your fiancé. Yes like @mademoiselle I have been reading about the rising cases in SG. Delta variant is no joke. But I think with vaccination it does lower the effects. In Msia, our cases are  dropping by about 50%  compared to say a month ago. The economy is reopening, so I think I will have to go back to work at site. Our vaccination rate is very high now , so it has helped. But still have got to be careful. We could not lock down forever as it hurt the economy very badly. So now it is a real juggle of livelihood vs the covid cases.

Sigh. Seems no end to this. 

Glad to hear that things are better in Malaysia. So many Malaysians in Singapore have not gone home for almost 2 years now.

• Like 5
Just now, Chocolate said:

So many Malaysians in Singapore have not gone home for almost 2 years now.

Ya true. My cousin is one of them. She hasn't seen my aunt since the CNY of 2020. 
The key approach now I think is regularly testing with the antigen tests - the ones that use saliva. The kits are easily available. I did one to try out yesterday. Was quite easy to use. 

• Like 5