Havenites Dabang

:GengarAww:

Hello everyone! Dropping in for a quick drama report. You know Jane is working from home when she has time to drop in here in the afternoon and to binge dramas. Lol!

I finally finished Run On on Sunday! I really really liked this drama but I must say the ending was not the best with how they hastily wrapped up most of the plot points. But having the four leads being all cute and friendly at the end did bring a smile to my face on how their friendships and relationships really did help each one grow in their own way. 

So as previously recommended and it being a crowd favourite among Havenites, I started watching A Piece Of Your Mind yesterday. I zipped through 3 episodes just in one day! Oh my goodness, this drama is so pretty! I kept  exclaiming "That light! That light!". I don't always pick up on the background music but this drama definitely made me take note of it with how they use it to fill the scene. Honestly, I feel like the atmosphere of this drama alone might be enough to keep me watching. It reminds me of Brahms but even more delicate and ethereal.

About the story: I actually think of this drama being rather dream-like. Because I don't think how it's unfolding and the dialogue is realistic. However with that said, I don't think it needs to be realistic to convey how the leads are / will be helping each other to heal. I find Chae Soo Bin perfectly cast as Seo Woo, she conveys that hidden vulnerability so well! And Jung Hae In is so so sad as Ha Won. I can't wait for Seo Woo to make him smile more and even laugh (hopefully). I was surprised yet not surprised that Ji Soo died. I am very curious about the mystery that surrounds her and her husband's relationship, and how it will continue to unfold. Also really curious how Soon Ho will be part of it.

Oh another reason why I am liking this drama: THE PLANTS! SO MANY PLANTS! I am always looking at the plants in each scene and getting inspiration for how they are displayed and what I might want to get next for myself!

Tagging @mademoiselle who wanted to know my thoughts. And @JenL watch with me!

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Jane Waaaa so happy you like it!

Once you are done with A Piece of Your Mind, another drama which is similar - soothing and healing is When the Weather is Fine I'll Come Find You. They basically aired around the same time too! @JenL picked this up because of her Lee Jae Wook, but I can tell she loves the drama, the backdrop and the characters too. I'm sure you'll appreciate this just as much as we do.

How Ha Won slowly opens up to Seo Woo and loves her was the most beautiful thing. I love their interactions and even their dialogues. I think these two should consider work together again, they have good chemistry.

I didn't know you like plants. I'll put in a mental note when I come across something like that in my live drama watching. Haha. I think Romance is a Bonus Book is another beautiful drama too... at least for me.

• Like 7
  • Heart Eyes 1
18 hours ago, Chocolate said:

But you can eat 4 people at Mcdonalds 🤣🤣🤣

Lol!  The English in the picture there cracked me up since it creates ambiguity in the sentence. Who knew eating people is openly allowed! 

Okay , 3 dramas down this week.  I feel like am on some sort of marathon watching 9 dramas.

Am done with She Would Never Know & Luca . Love (Marriage & Divorce) is gonna end this weekend & sadly the drama is boring now . 6 is easier to manage. :pandascared:

• Haha 7

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@mademoiselle Yes, When The Weather Is Fine is on my list. But I noticed it recently left Netflix SG when I went searching after I saw Jen is watching it! I was so sure I favourited it before. But that's okay, I will find it somewhere else. I really like Ha Won and Seo Woo's dialogue already, in Ep 3-4 where they are sitting and talking together in that empty house, it was so beautiful and also so sad as they grieve a little together.

11 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I didn't know you like plants. I'll put in a mental note when I come across something like that in my live drama watching. Haha. I think Romance is a Bonus Book is another beautiful drama too... at least for me.

Hello! Look at my DP, it's a fiddle leaf fig! I am taking care of 9 plant babies right now. I must remember to take some screenshots of the plants in A Piece. I will probably not do Romance is A Bonus Book, Lee Jong Suk doesn't do anything for me either. Heehee.

• Like 6

@abs-oluteM How did you find LUCA?

I saw the spoiler last night and was baffled! I believe all the Knetizens are ()*&)*&*&#&*.

@Jane Re: DP

I see I see. I just thought you liked the painting/colours, not necessary is about plants.

Aiya, other than LJS, the dramas has good, beautiful stuff too. This is the beginning of @stroppyse's review for Romance is a Bonus Book. As an avid book reader such as yourself, I sincerely believe you'd appreciate this drama.

There is a central romance and some secondary romances in this drama, but this drama is really a love letter to the beleagured book publishing industry. As such, it is predominantly set in a small, quirky publishing office, Gyeoroo Publishing, and its staff. (Gyeoroo Publishing btw can be translated to Competitive Publishing, meaning that it's still viable in the world.)

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@JaneThe snow 3D holo screen in PoYM also very beautiful. I second @mademoisellethe OTP is lovely. If you already reached near the end let me know again your thoughts. I have some bits to talk about. 

@Jane@mademoiselleyou guys book lover? My book lounge thread so empty lols. But well granted the owner herself also seldom there :laugh:

I am drama lover more than book lover. Still, I appreciate "books" in general (except textbooks). I like holding them physically rather than reading it off the tablet or screen. I haven't read much books for a long time that's why I couldn't contribute.

• Like 4
39 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@Jane Re: DP

I see I see. I just thought you liked the painting/colours, not necessary is about plants.

Haha now you know!

@SilverMoonTea This is the screen in Ha Won's company? It's gorgeous! At first I didn't realise the tunnel he was walking is behind the screen. Very very cool! I see how fast I go through this drama k. Sometimes I am very quick at the beginning and then I will slow down because I am quite busy on the weekends. And then I go back to work and I need to wait another week to binge.

Well I am a book lover, in fact I just bought some. But I don't think you want me to share what I am reading exactly. coughHISTORYcough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, Jane said:

Well I am a book lover, in fact I just bought some. But I don't think you want me to share what I am reading exactly. coughHISTORYcough.

Oh what type of history? I actually quite enticed with World War history. I want to go to war museum, but I have been kept postponing it lols. 

Actually history is a bit depends on how we view the situation. 

Like is the atomic bomb decision by Harry Truman is this good or not? 

- From American war military personnel, this is good. Forced Japan to surrender quicker and save their life. 

- From Japan normal citizen, the casualty is tragic. 

Harry T himself said, he believe he make a good judgement and he's not losing his sleep over it. 

• Like 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Now I know what screen you guys are talking about! Yes, I love that screen as well. It's really cool and creative. I'd love to be working in a building as beautiful as that. I just love aesthetic beautiful things in general. LOL!

True, I also would like to know the ending bit @SilverMoonTea was talking about. So do come back & give us your view @Jane.

The atomic bomb decision, if I may insert myself in this topic, lies in the grey area. I see points from both sides. It's just unfortunately a hard decision that had to made I think, not necessary good or evil. For the Japanese, it's tragic because it was the Japanese civilians that took the hit and they weren't the ones responsible for waging the war, it was the politicians/government. It's like being punished for something we didn't do. However, good things also came out of it from this incident, Japan took the invasion as a learning ground, realised their weakness and learnt as much knowledge they could from the West.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
36 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Now I know what screen you guys are talking about! Yes, I love that screen as well. It's really cool and creative. I'd love to be working in a building as beautiful as that. I just love aesthetic beautiful things in general. LOL!

7f103ec0c41591319ec4b7f966125b8b8153a43a

I thought the drama was depressing & dark. But it's actually quite healing. I'm glad I tried it. 

@mademoiselleshared the same sentiment. I like anything that aesthetic pleasing & beautiful. The downwards , if its a goods then its normally expensive lols... 

• Haha 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

On 3/9/2021 at 2:30 AM, mademoiselle said:

Same...just not looking forward to work or work colleagues. There had been some work politics for the past 2 weeks, mentally tired just listening to or be around the environment.

Kinda happy my only coworker is Johnny these days, by now I totally embraced home office. The only time I see colleagues are during video meetings, which don't happen too often.

But yeah, bad work colleagues are the worst thing that can happen at work. 

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1
10 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

Kinda happy my only coworker is Johnny these days, by now I totally embraced home office. The only time I see colleagues are during video meetings, which don't happen too often.

But yeah, bad work colleagues are the worst thing that can happen at work. 

That's definitely the pros of working from home - being away from noise and politics. And then the extra time gained from not having to travel to and fro workplace.

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM How did you find LUCA?

I saw the spoiler last night and was baffled! I believe all the Knetizens are ()*&)*&*&#&*.

Hmmmmmm I was shocked that they went for the ending they did. I cannot blame knetz. I knew from the start it would be tragic but still the way it ended made me wonder if there's gonna be a Season 2. 
Don't need to watch @SnowBlob , I save you the trouble. :shocked2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

3 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

scare me lol for a moment I thought what u bought to read

Probably history book? Lols, I remember always struggle not to fall asleep in my history class, the teacher keep telling long story from the past with the same boring tone each week, so she sounds like a lullaby, and her class is always at the last two hours. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Haha 5