Havenites Dabang

53 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea You do realise the palace also lives the Sultan and everybody else :laugh:

The more I watch palace kdramas the more I realise the palace is like a shopping mall, the Ministers can come & go as they wish like it's their own house. I hate that! LOL.

I want Prince Mateen's pet tigers. Ok maybe add the sport cars they own...

shopping mall is a pretty good place to be lockdown in...imagine using all those things for free lols 

1 minute ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Probably history book? Lols, I remember always struggle not to fall asleep in my history class, the teacher keep telling long story from the past with the same biring tone each week, so she sounds like a lullaby, and her class is always at the last two hours. 

actually I like world history just not our local history cause it always cause me headache trying to remember all the sultan names

• Haha 7
8 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

shopping mall is a pretty good place to be lockdown in...imagine using all those things for free lol

That did kind of come up when I watch Alice in Borderland and Bird Box, especially the kind of mall that sell everything and beside them is a hotel 😆

---

I belatedly realise it is Thursday today. Instantly felt better upon knowing it is not a hump day. 😄

• Haha 6
59 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

That did kind of come up when I watch Alice in Borderland and Bird Box, especially the kind of mall that sell everything and beside them is a hotel 😆

---

I belatedly realise it is Thursday today. Instantly felt better upon knowing it is not a hump day. 😄

hahaha.....oh well doesnt matter to me....im having a busy week lols

• Like 6
2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I wanna see Rowoon on it... :LaxEat:

6 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

hahaha.....oh well doesnt matter to me....im having a busy week lols

It matters! Weekend is coming, soooooon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 3/10/2021 at 7:04 PM, Jane said:

Hello everyone! Dropping in for a quick drama report. You know Jane is working from home when she has time to drop in here in the afternoon and to binge dramas. Lol!

Wooo I love your drama reports! Haha I'm glad you have more drama time from working from home! :wow: Are you doing half working from home and half in the office? Flexible arrangement?

I finally finished Run On on Sunday! I really really liked this drama but I must say the ending was not the best with how they hastily wrapped up most of the plot points. But having the four leads being all cute and friendly at the end did bring a smile to my face on how their friendships and relationships really did help each one grow in their own way. 

Hahaha interesting! I had the complete opposite feelings to you :laugh: - I was so-so on the drama but I liked the ending! I guess mainly because I wasn't invested in the main romances but I liked  things like the background music, the dialogue and movie references...The ending to me felt like an update on everything that happened to every character in the drama, so it was super neatly tied up...but I'm guessing you were a DA and YH fan? Hahaha I remember you swooning over KTO!!! :smug: I thought the ambiguous break-up-make-up was confusing and probably did feel cramped in their storyline. Also, wonder why the product placements were weirdly placed all in the last few episodes :thinking:

So as previously recommended and it being a crowd favourite among Havenites, I started watching A Piece Of Your Mind yesterday. I zipped through 3 episodes just in one day! Oh my goodness, this drama is so pretty! I kept  exclaiming "That light! That light!". I don't always pick up on the background music but this drama definitely made me take note of it with how they use it to fill the scene. Honestly, I feel like the atmosphere of this drama alone might be enough to keep me watching. It reminds me of Brahms but even more delicate and ethereal.

Tagging @mademoiselle who wanted to know my thoughts. And @JenL watch with me!

Hahaha, your descriptions make this sound soooo enticing!!! What episode are you up to now? I'm definitely going to watch with you...though a bit behind as I won't start till the weeked :BulbaOWO: (Still have one episode of When the Weather is Fine to go). Like you, am a big fan of pretty lighting, dreamy aesthetics, plants and good background music :heart: Also Chae Soo Bin. I can't remember what I've seen her in, but she left a fairly good impression, I guess. 

• Like 3
  • Star Struck 1

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 3/10/2021 at 7:24 PM, mademoiselle said:

Once you are done with A Piece of Your Mind, another drama which is similar - soothing and healing is When the Weather is Fine I'll Come Find You. They basically aired around the same time too! @JenL picked this up because of her Lee Jae Wook, but I can tell she loves the drama, the backdrop and the characters too. I'm sure you'll appreciate this just as much as we do.

Yes, I know you'll like When the Weather is Fine @Jane :wow:

Hahaha, I like how it's very obvious who I pick up dramas for :laugh::laugh::laugh: Lee Jae Wook's super talkative character is so adorable in this.

But aside from him, the drama is so lovely and I would have picked it up eventually since I was always keen after seeing the drama poster with Park Min Young and Seo Kang Joon. It's hard to get over the dreamy, airy aesthetics of Good Night Book shop and the closeness of the book club :heart:I also like that sense of community in the village/town - all their events like their flea market and high school reunion looked so fun. The relationship with the main couple is quiet and warm and soft....I also really like the little sister Hwi. She's so funny and her logic is very charming :eeeee:

There are some heavier moments, but even then I think there's a lot to reflect on about relationships and forgiveness. (There's one thing I wish was a bit better done, but I'll put it in a spoiler since a big spoiler tied to the later arc of the story...I haven't looked at @SilverMoonTea's spoiler tag, but maybe it's a similar thing? Hahaha I can't believe my temptation didn't lead me to look under her spoiler tag yet :MonkaTang:)

Spoiler

I wish they would emphasise to Hae Won just how abusive her father was to Hae Won's mother and aunt on the day. Honestly, why was everyone acting like he was a nice guy who they murdered outright?? :pandathink: I mean, yes, you'd feel guilty for causing his death, but it was totally self defence/ battered wife syndrome because he came at them with a golf club and nearly killed them first which is why the accident happened?! Argghhhh :pandarage2:

On 3/10/2021 at 7:38 PM, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM How did you find LUCA?

I saw the spoiler last night and was baffled! I believe all the Knetizens are ()*&)*&*&#&*.

Hahaha can someone please tell me the spoiler? Did you all mention it on the thread? I have heard non-stop outrage about the show since it ended and I'll never watch it :idk:

On 3/10/2021 at 7:38 PM, mademoiselle said:

Aiya, other than LJS, the dramas has good, beautiful stuff too. This is the beginning of @stroppyse's review for Romance is a Bonus Book. As an avid book reader such as yourself, I sincerely believe you'd appreciate this drama.

There is a central romance and some secondary romances in this drama, but this drama is really a love letter to the beleagured book publishing industry. As such, it is predominantly set in a small, quirky publishing office, Gyeoroo Publishing, and its staff. (Gyeoroo Publishing btw can be translated to Competitive Publishing, meaning that it's still viable in the world.)

Why did I think Romance is a Bonus Book was about cleaning??? :laugh: Ok if it's about books, I will consider even though I don't think I'm interested in any of the actors in it.

On 3/10/2021 at 9:30 PM, mademoiselle said:

That's definitely the pros of working from home - being away from noise and politics. And then the extra time gained from not having to travel to and fro workplace.

Hahaha but I get bored. I have lovely work friends and I miss them all :letalQQ: I'm kinda glad to be back at work.

On 3/11/2021 at 12:27 AM, Alice Wonderland said:

@SilverMoonTea wow it's so tempting! Why, wanna sign up? Lols

On 3/11/2021 at 12:30 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

The prince not my type hahaah... but I want the swimming pool :wow2:

Hahaha, after watching the Harry and Megan interview, better not marry prince, lah. :lenny:

The family wars are too intense...more fun to watch from afar :popcorn:

• Haha 4

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

18 minutes ago, JenL said:

Are you doing half working from home and half in the office? Flexible arrangement?

Yep, I am currently on an alternate week system. 

42 minutes ago, JenL said:

The ending to me felt like an update on everything that happened to every character in the drama, so it was super neatly tied up...but I'm guessing you were a DA and YH fan? Hahaha I remember you swooning over KTO!!!  I thought the ambiguous break-up-make-up was confusing and probably did feel cramped in their storyline. Also, wonder why the product placements were weirdly placed all in the last few episodes

Not disputing the neat tie-up but it felt glossed over? Like they were building up to Dan-ah's corporate fight with her brother and then suddenly she was Vice-President. I wanted to see her take down her jerk brother with her younger brother supporting her! The product placements were so funny! At least they did it in an interesting way - still laughing at how DA wanted to smash the hair curler into KTO's head!

56 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahaha, your descriptions make this sound soooo enticing!!! What episode are you up to now? I'm definitely going to watch with you...though a bit behind as I won't start till the weeked

I just finished Ep 6! I am sure you can catch up because I will slow down over the weekend. Looking forward to what you think!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, JenL said:

Yes, I know you'll like When the Weather is Fine @Jane

+ @ssteph

I will start watching it after A Piece Of Your Mind then! I watched a few clips on Youtube and it is gorgeous as well! SKJ and PMY look good together among all those books!

33 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahaha but I get bored. I have lovely work friends and I miss them all. I'm kinda glad to be back at work.

I feel you on this, as you know! :heart:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

On 3/10/2021 at 11:30 AM, mademoiselle said:

That's definitely the pros of working from home - being away from noise and politics. And then the extra time gained from not having to travel to and fro workplace.

Politics? Glad I don't have to deal with that aswell. I rarely talk to colleagues or my supervisors these days and when there is contact, it's mostly just via mails. I just work on my own and avoid any contact. 

And yeah, totally a benefit aswell, but also a bit struggling. I remember when I started everything was crispy clean around me, now everything next to my workspace is messy and full of snacks and stuff. During meetings I'm happy people don't know whats right and left next to me

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
3 hours ago, Dhakra said:

And yeah, totally a benefit aswell, but also a bit struggling. I remember when I started everything was crispy clean around me, now everything next to my workspace is messy and full of snacks and stuff. During meetings I'm happy people don't know whats right and left next to me

Lol! During the week, my work space definitely gets a little messy and then I will putter around on the weekend to neaten everything up. I love puttering!

So are you excited for Rose's comeback? Pre-ordered your album(s)?

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

18 minutes ago, Jane said:

I feel like I know him already from @Tofu's constant raving on twitter. Haha!

Hahahaha!! I'd admit that the last couple of days has been all about Bai Jingting. He's taken up a lot of my time because two of his dramas came out this week and I'm watching both; however, much slower watching one of them. 

@SilverMoonTea - You don't want to watch? Bai Jingting and Ma Sichun are so cute though. 

cd062e859a2ca151a6b162a98981d34337e9e3fb

• Haha 4
4 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@SilverMoonTea - You don't want to watch? Bai Jingting and Ma Sichun are so cute though. 

His hair a bit too short for my liking? And he looks so much younger than me :laugh:

This month is uncle ahjussi month for me... 

But hey, I can always change my mind. I'm curious since @NiteWalkerseldom have oppa... But but I'm not almighty like @abs-oluteM , I already struggle with my current drama load :psweatduck:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

5 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

His hair a bit too short for my liking? And he looks so much younger than me :laugh:

This month is uncle ahjussi month for me... 

But hey, I can always change my mind. I'm curious since @NiteWalkerseldom have oppa... But but I'm not almighty like @abs-oluteM , I already struggle with my current drama load :psweatduck:

i still wont call him oppa to be honest....im liking it because of his entrance with his starring eyes....damn....it kinda pull me into the drama itself....and when he drop from the ceiling and start shooting....i was like

NOW thats what you call SWAT!!! hahaha

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 3