Havenites Dabang

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

Hahahaha!! I'd admit that the last couple of days has been all about Bai Jingting. He's taken up a lot of my time because two of his dramas came out this week and I'm watching both; however, much slower watching one of them. 

Only the last couple of days? Hahahaha! Educate me here, are Chinese dramas mostly pre-filmed way in advance and then it drops on streaming channels in batches of episodes? So you can know of a drama for a long time but you won't know when it comes out?

2 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

i still wont call him oppa to be honest....im liking it because of his entrance with his starring eyes....damn....it kinda pull me into the drama itself...

I agree with @SilverMoonTea though, I feel like this is the first time I have seen you fangirl over an actor! And see Silver, this is why we may need to add Eye Candy to the Oppa list. Hahaha! Not quite Oppa material but still like them!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Jane said:

Educate me here, are Chinese dramas mostly pre-filmed way in advance and then it drops on streaming channels in batches of episodes? So you can know of a drama for a long time but you won't know when it comes out?

Almost all Chinese dramas are pre-filmed prior to airing. I do not think they have any live shoots and will probably never have any of those too. They film many dramas every month (think 5+) so the queue is really long. Many of the dramas airing now were filmed back in 2019/2020 (some even earlier). Promotions for Chinese dramas are really different from Korean dramas. With Korean dramas, you know months in advance when a drama is going to air. With Chinese dramas, you know a few days before. There are always rumored dates floating around and everyone just anticipate some information around that time about the drama's airing schedule. Sometimes there's no rumored dates and everything just drops on the same day. That happened with Word of Honor, the trending BL drama right now. Most dramas are aired via streaming platforms. On the first day of release, they drop around 6 or 8 episodes. Afterwards, it's usually 2 episodes each day it's scheduled to air. If we use Bai Jingting as an example, he has two dramas out this week -- both releasing a total of 14 episodes each. Someone following just one drama would have to watch 14 episodes to catch up and if you watch both, 28 episodes. Bai Jingting's fans are working hard because not only does he have a drama out but I think he's in a variety show airing right now too. :eeeee:Basically, one week of released episodes for one Chinese drama is almost equal to 8 weeks for one Korean drama. Haha! I guess, the bright side is episodes for Chinese dramas are usually 40-45 minutes long, which is a lot less than Korean dramas. :laugh:

6 hours ago, Jane said:

I agree with @SilverMoonTea though, I feel like this is the first time I have seen you fangirl over an actor! And see Silver, this is why we may need to add Eye Candy to the Oppa list. Hahaha! Not quite Oppa material but still like them!

I love that @NiteWalker loves Bai Jingting, probably even a little more than me. Haha! I don't even blame her. His character in You Are My hero is really good. 

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hmm, the line up guests for House on Wheels S2 are pretty strong.

Wow, that's an incredible list! Yeo Jin Goo can't join because of Beyond Evil filming? 

Wait...did this thread suddenly become Oppa Tracker and not Dabang? :laugh:

By the way, @TRaNz, not sure if you like Chinese dramas -- I know they have lots of episodes so most people don't like it but....You Are My Hero has KFC deliveries, if that helps? :smug:

e7976c86eddfea891cb9042ab84f86036bebb2d8

• Haha 7
17 hours ago, Jane said:

So are you excited for Rose's comeback? Pre-ordered your album(s)?

Oh....great question. Take a seat. :pandacoolsip:

I didn't pre order or buy anything, since albums like that, especially with how the extra stuff is added, are only meant to be bought in multiples to maximize profit for the company. It's not meant for fans, it's meant for the company to squeeze everything whats left out of the fans. I don't support that, the physical album itself isn't very pretty aswell in my opinion, so it occured pretty fast to me to not order anything. 

The song/comeback itself, I actually wasn't excited, since after previous solo songs from BP I absolutely expected nothing.

But after listening to it, I really, really love it. Her voice is beautiful, the lyrics are beautiful and well written:

'It’s funny when you want it
Suddenly you have it
You find out that your gold’s just plastic'

It does kinda sounds like a Taylor Swift song at times, but overall it's a comeback that fits her. I added it to my playlist. 

• Like 4
  • Tasty 1
7 hours ago, Tofu said:

Wow, that's an incredible list! Yeo Jin Goo can't join because of Beyond Evil filming? 

Wait...did this thread suddenly become Oppa Tracker and not Dabang?

Yeah I believe it's because he was filming. I think we're taking turn making these two @abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea chaebols in JH. LOL LOL!

7 hours ago, Tofu said:

By the way, @TRaNz, not sure if you like Chinese dramas -- I know they have lots of episodes so most people don't like it but....You Are My Hero has KFC deliveries, if that helps?

Hahaha I woke up anticipating to see pictures from @TRaNz's Friday night out dinner LOL. There's none so maybe he had McD or KFC last night.

On 3/12/2021 at 1:59 AM, JenL said:

Hahaha but I get bored. I have lovely work friends and I miss them all. I'm kinda glad to be back at work.

Hahaha lucky you. I mean it's not all bad for me either but when the politics or noise kick in, that's when I wish I could work from home, avoid and feign ignorance. LOL.

On 3/12/2021 at 9:29 AM, Dhakra said:

Politics? Glad I don't have to deal with that aswell. I rarely talk to colleagues or my supervisors these days and when there is contact, it's mostly just via mails. I just work on my own and avoid any contact. 

And yeah, totally a benefit aswell, but also a bit struggling. I remember when I started everything was crispy clean around me, now everything next to my workspace is messy and full of snacks and stuff. During meetings I'm happy people don't know whats right and left next to me

Yeah my desk is small (coz it's only used for my home PC) so I spread papers all over the floor sometimes because not everything can be paperless unfortunately.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
8 hours ago, Tofu said:

I love that @NiteWalker loves Bai Jingting, probably even a little more than me. Haha! I don't even blame her. His character in You Are My hero is really good.

No choice his stares is like...u better like me if not I will shoot hahahha

14 hours ago, Jane said:

agree with @SilverMoonTea though, I feel like this is the first time I have seen you fangirl over an actor! And see Silver, this is why we may need to add Eye Candy to the Oppa list. Hahaha! Not quite Oppa material but still like them!

Can't be help....he got me good after I see him popping up from the ceiling out of nowhere lols

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Guys, if you haven’t yet, check out You Are My Hero! :smile:

@Tofu I’m hopping on the Bai Jingting wagon and crushing on him too. He looks so darn good when he’s in full SWAT gear. Even when it’s only his eyes showing. :heart:

Totally random here but I was craving Korean food tonight so I ordered pork belly with kimchi. I thought it’s pork belly with rice and a side of kimchi. But it’s actually pork belly mixed with Kimchi and it’s so spicy!! :shocked2: it’s good but I have to drink soda to kill the heat! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

You're the 4 5th chaebol though, LOL. Tea and Angie are waaaaayyyy ahead with their passive income. :shocked:

Hahaha! I have no passive income. All of my points are earned through posting because no one really replies in my threads. :cry: 

@Mouse - Haha! Do you not like spicy food? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
3 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Hahaha! I have no passive income. All of my points are earned through posting because no one really replies in my threads. :cry: 

@Mouse - Haha! Do you not like spicy food? 

Which other threads @Tofu

I have somewhat low tolerance for spicy food so although I do like it, I eat them in small doses. 

• Like 7
  • Heart Eyes 2

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

13 minutes ago, Mouse said:

Which other threads @Tofu

I have somewhat low tolerance for spicy food so although I do like it, I eat them in small doses. 

Threads that I have or how I earn points? Honestly, I like that @NiteWalker makes most of the China Charms threads because I get two points for posting. If I create the thread, I only get one point. LOL!! I don't remember my threads anymore. :laugh:

I think my tolerance for spicy food is around the middle. I don't like anything overly spicy mainly because if it's too spicy, I won't taste it. I'll be too focus on how to cool down the inside of my mouth to pay attention to the taste. Haha! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
4 hours ago, Mouse said:

Guys, if you haven’t yet, check out You Are My Hero! :smile:

@Tofu I’m hopping on the Bai Jingting wagon and crushing on him too. He looks so darn good when he’s in full SWAT gear. Even when it’s only his eyes showing. :heart:

he is totally hot in that....im just going to borrow @Tofu gif for that....hahaha...always love guys in uniform anyway hahaha and Bai JingTing is definitely killing in it lols

giphy.gif

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 2
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Threads that I have or how I earn points? Honestly, I like that @NiteWalker makes most of the China Charms threads because I get two points for posting. If I create the thread, I only get one point. LOL!! I don't remember my threads anymore. :laugh:

lols now i see the trend.....she will always ask me....oh do we have this one? then i will check and i will post if we dont have it lols :wow2:

• Like 7
4 hours ago, Tofu said:

Hahaha! I have no passive income. All of my points are earned through posting because no one really replies in my threads.

Hahaha I'm like you, have to post everywhere to earn points. I don't have passive income like Tea and M. Your earning points from River thread at the moment. I go in once a while to post/support xD

---

I was napping just now and ended having a nightmare! I was in the shower and then all of a sudden I see a female ghost with long hair (no face) hanging upside down with on the glass door! It was still upside down pushing me downwards and I tried to resist (couldn't scream) but I tried, and then my eyes snapped open and woke up. It was really hard to try to keep awake for a couple of minutes because I was still super sleepy. Had to on the bedside table light and sleep again. :pandasadspoon:

Did I perhaps watch too much murder dramas? :laugh: How am I going to handle Joseon Exorcist later when I already have this kind of dream before that drama air?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
21 hours ago, Tofu said:

By the way, @TRaNz, not sure if you like Chinese dramas -- I know they have lots of episodes so most people don't like it but....You Are My Hero has KFC deliveries, if that helps? :smug:

HAHAHAHA, nice try, but come on, I'm not that easy to rope in. I've "got" the first few episodes of Mouse but havent started to watch yet. Hoping to make a start sometime this week.

But nah, with Asian dramas, if it passes 20 episodes im not really keen. haha

13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha I woke up anticipating to see pictures from @TRaNz's Friday night out dinner LOL. There's none so maybe he had McD or KFC last night.

Ayyy, Can't always go out for pretty noms, I'd be poor too fast.....but in this case its hard to find friends that want to eat stuff I want. Most of my friends do casual eats in which most aren't too pretty for photos.

So tonight I went to B'Churrasco in the city, thats just Brazilian BBQ food, nice foods and service, but you cannot take any pic of the food nicely as they bring the meat out to you and cut pieces per person. Yeah its one of those places. haha

• Haha 6

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

@Chocolatesaw you liking this

..I have to say..I agree..I was deeply saddened and angered by the fact that they deem my future job as non-essential..like as though Netflix did not have a sudden surge of sign ups cause we are trap in our houses. Actually during circuit breaker I had to leave the house to for filming purpose. We risk our health to create content for everyone to keep them busy and they name us non-essential...imagine we don’t have kdramas :PsyWhat: @abs-oluteMprobably be rocking back at forth cause she has no dramas. @Mouse probably running around and could not enjoy mouse like she is now. Haha so it’s great that Korea understands. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

@Darkarcana

Errr, what is your future job? 😅 I thought you were studying?

It's difficult in Singapore. We are first and foremost a business city. The Arts is secondary although in recent years, its importance is more recognised. SOTA and LASELLE are now our 7th University. So there is hope.

Actually, before April 2020, I had stopped watching much TV. Firstly, my TV broke down 😂 then I learnt that I could live without TV as most american programmes could be streamed on PC. Most of the HK dramas I used to watch are lousy these days. The good actors and scriptwriters are mostly gone. They had the talent but they did not cultivate it and instead lost it. This was prophesied by the industry years ago and it came true. I grew up on HK TV, so their situation is very sad to see.

Thus I am impressed that the Korean government recognises its strength in this field and has the foresight to actively support and promote the industry internationally 😎

https://theactorispresent.kr/

The Korean Actors 200 campaign will be launched tomorrow, on March 15th. They will release 20 actors per week. [sonyejinpics] They are making copies of books in English with pictures of the actors and their stories and it will be handed out to those in movie festivals like Cannes. There will also be moving trailers to show the actors filmography! [doolyfeels]

Of course, I am only keeping tabs because Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin are one of the 200 😂

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1