Havenites Dabang

18 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

@katakwasabi seems you are a fan of Shin Sung-rok lol. I am watching "On the way to the airport". His wife cheats on him. I bet you dislike her so much  😁😁 The drama is old, but it is rerun on KBSWORLD..  I remember you from "Perfume" thread lol.

Hi :yayaya:. Nice meeting you here~ I didn't like On The Way to the Airport, but I can't fully hate pilot Park Jin Suk in it 🤭.

Anyways, Perfume best romcom!!!! Seo Yi Do~~~~ 

720P_-_mp4_PerfumeEpisode4_11.gif

1080P_-_mp4_Perfume_Episode_12_83.gif

Not posting any romcom-y Perfume gifs...because spoilers 😆.

15 hours ago, Chocolate said:

She's not just a fan. She is a super fan! At the beginning, every reply here and at discord was accompanied by a SSR Gif. And they were all different gifs! Her collection is massive 😂🤣

Omo!!!! 

KVS_E161_Master_In_The_House_19.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

81NYo5.gif - Royal Hotness x Coffee

14 hours ago, JenL said:

Haha, I think I talk about this one a lot...The 1st shop of Coffee Prince was my first Kdrama. I may possibly have watched a Taiwanese drama before Kdramas, but this was the first one I remember and the first drawcard. Gong Yoo was my very first oppa :BulbaOWO: I loved it for the OST which was very indie, the girl-dresses-as-boy-and-gets-mistaken storyline and the tortured love based on misunderstanding. Poor Gong Yoo's character is so confused! :laugh:

Hahaha, this has happened to me before I'm sure. You think you'll never like x actor....then all of a sudden you love them forever. :lenny:

This is interesting! Usually a lot of people I meet like to wait till a series has finished to binge....then they like to watch several episodes together. Maybe it's a patience thing? Haha, you're the first person I've heard of who likes a schedule! But then again most people think it's weird I like having 1 episode per week as opposed to 2 episodes! :laugh:

I like both live watch and completed-series watching, but will swap at times. Live watching Kdramas is more fun in my opinion because everyone else is watching, so you can discus things and figure out things with other fans and all the behind the scenes content - additional videos and pictures from the stations/ actors - make more sense and builds up excitement for the show. And I guess even though most dramas are filmed earlier, because they are often still filming when it airs, it feels oddly real time which is fun. But it is energy intensive to live watch and I find myself much more addicted to the dramas. If I want a drama break, but still want to watch them, I take a live-watch break, which means I pick up an old series and watch it in any time I want (could binge, but mostly watch 1 episode a day/ a week). I'm less likely to watch behind the scenes content etc for things passed since I feel FOMO as it happened years ago etc. Oh well, you can't have it all :idk:

Coffee Prince :scaredpanda2: My 2nd Nemesis. :pandapirate:

Gong Yoo was really good though, I loved the characters, but the story line got so dragged. Wasn't Coffee Prince the drama with that absurdly beautiful second lead who made, in my opinion, rather odd decisions? Lemme check....

YES! Chae Jung-An. Oh boy, I had a crush on her.

And yeah, you might see a trend by now. I remember dramas by (beautiful) second leads. SLS all the way. 

Talking about it @abs-oluteMAny way I can change my title to something more towards Second Lead-worthy? I haven't found it yet. 

Second Leads are close to always (!) the better choice.

I don't think it patience, I think I just feel more comfy with just spending 2 hours per week to watch to dramas. I like to plan stuff and stick to my schedule, so too many stuff to watch kinda overwhelm me. 

Typical german behavior I guess, everything needs to be in order. 

That's also a big plus. Weekly watching has the benefit of being able to watch and talk with others. Binge watching mostly takes place after everyone else has finished the drama and you need to hand select the people to talk about it with. 

13 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenL@DhakraBinge watching is better for me. As I felt the story will feel more connected. The problem is because I have short term memory, if need to wait 1 week I will forget last week story. I think @SnowBlobwill agree with m

Also sometimes while waiting for next week episode out, I can just decided I have enough of the drama and don't want to watch anymore :poliWeird:

I am the exact opposite, I need the week to fully understand and remember the story, think about it. I always feel like when binging stuff that I mix things up or don't spent enough attention to whats happening. I think I can keep up better when I watch something step by step. 

17 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I don't remember the title anymore, but it was about two students who had a one night stand that resulted to a child. After a few years, the guy, now a pilot, met her again when he answered a plea for blood/marrow donor since he was a match. He then learns that he fathered a little girl, and wanted to do the right thing - marry the mother and claim the daughter as his own. The twist is that the grandmother of his child refuses to let her daughter marry him, cos "he's just a pilot".

Why it's memorable? Snooty grandma was calmly saying to find another donor for the toddler; Never mind if the little girl dies, just don't have anything to do with the father.

That drama really does sound kinda confusing. I don't know if I would have sticked with KDramas after I had watched something like that. Kinda like 'Manhole', I love and hate it at the same time. If this would have been my first drama, I definitely would have stepped away afterwards. 

• Haha 4
13 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

LOL, SJS is a good actor + he has got good abs !

Have seen couple of his drama and the ones I like most is Cain and Abel.

:hearties:

I cannot agree more ...the abs bit is very important in my humble opinion. Can be handy too

giphy.gif

@Dhakra yes yes...you and your SLS. I rarely get any but there were a couple of times when my oppa played the losing party that I was quite upset. I personally don't mind watching dramas weekly as well. One of the things I enjoy is to be able to savour the episode and talk about it with others. Watching it weekly while it is airing makes it fun . Also since I am always watching so many dramas at any one time, I don't actually mind having to wait

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 3/2/2021 at 6:31 PM, Dhakra said:

Which Kdrama was the first you watched and how did you like it? Any special memories?

Hmm probably the first kdrama that I watched was Jewel in the Palace. At that time I thought it was another Chinese drama because it's dubbed in my language. I only knew later that it's a kdrama. I would watch it together with my grandma when I arrived back from school and while having lunch. I like it because it showed about the cooking and first woman physician in Joseon Dynasty but didn't really like the long and boring palace politics. 

After Jewel in the Palace, I guess Full House was the only kdrama that I watched and I stopped. It's not until I got into kpop around 2008 and I started watching BOF, that I started another journey to kdrama watching again until now. At first, I only watched dramas that have finished airing. It's not easy to find the drama with sub at the time and I was too curious to wait for the whole week for new episodes. As I started to learn about the language little by little and the curiosity won against my patience, I started to watch drama when it's still airing. DoTS was the first drama that started my journey in live streaming the drama when it aired simultaneously in SK.  

It's finally Thursday! @Jane@im0202 It's Wise Camping Life first episode! :Party01:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

6 hours ago, Dhakra said:

If this would have been my first drama, I definitely would have stepped away afterwards. 

I certainly didn't watch anything for years except some movies, documentaries, and news. Nothing really interested me except books, hahaha! Whatever shows I was seeing were mostly cycles of Disney, Pokemon, Barbie, and others. 

Started watching dramas again sometime Dec 2019. LMAO, even the first foray yet again had a very disappointing ending! Then COVID came, and watching something was also some sort of bonding for the family.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

23 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Dhakra yes yes...you and your SLS. I rarely get any but there were a couple of times when my oppa played the losing party that I was quite upset. I personally don't mind watching dramas weekly as well. One of the things I enjoy is to be able to savour the episode and talk about it with others. Watching it weekly while it is airing makes it fun . Also since I am always watching so many dramas at any one time, I don't actually mind having to wait

You watch so many dramas at one time, you actually binge-watch every day on a weekly base.I can imagine you never stop watching anything :pandahehe:

Is it my fault that most SLS girls are actually most of the time the better deal? 

20 hours ago, LaLa said:

After Jewel in the Palace, I guess Full House was the only kdrama that I watched and I stopped. It's not until I got into kpop around 2008 and I started watching BOF, that I started another journey to kdrama watching again until now. At first, I only watched dramas that have finished airing. It's not easy to find the drama with sub at the time and I was too curious to wait for the whole week for new episodes. As I started to learn about the language little by little and the curiosity won against my patience, I started to watch drama when it's still airing. DoTS was the first drama that started my journey in live streaming the drama when it aired simultaneously in SK.  

That's quite interesting since I religiously try to seperate my Kpop and KDrama behaviors. But the struggle to find subs was something I had at the beginning aswell, especially for crime dramas that weren't popular or lesser known. In Europe it's actually even harder to find reliable english sources. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Darkarcana said:

@Dhakra watch mouse lol! Just started! Finished its week of airing already~

@Thong Thin @MayanEcho @mademoiselle @im0202 @LaLa Do join us in Mouse of you are interested~

@TRaNz Mouse is here~ haha

Thanks for tagging me.

I would love to watch Mouse... but currently putting all dramas on hold during week days, too tired to watch.

@abs-oluteM  what is the meaning of SLS :smile:

Edited by Thong Thin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1
5 hours ago, Tofu said:

We're supposed to be in the high 40s and 50s next week! Can we say that spring weather is finally here or will I jinx us? :pandascared:

Thought you were saying your age 👀 I was like.... @mirmzis 40(?) 👀...AHHH not saying that you dubu is 50. No no. It’s just a misunderstanding! 

(After reading @NiteWalker’s post on top)

• Haha 5

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif