Havenites Dabang

3 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

PU I haven't caught up this week, PU's investigation part a bit weak tbh. I think my sister @Tofualso behind haha.... Too many C drama really. 

Don't expose me like that. Hahahaha!! I have episode 7 and 8 on my phone ready to watch when I'm on the plane. :laugh:

@TRaNz @Chocolate The silence will be missed. :lmao2: I'll miss Sunday's race because I'm traveling this weekend. :letalQQ:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

True true ! It really is bad. But also I would not be able to watch as many if not because of Covid and WFH. There's no where to go , nothing to really look forward to ( we have been in lock down for so long) . I used to go out quite a bit like most folks  - shop , visit family , meet friends. And also spend a fair bit of time planning for our travels - we used to travel 2 or 3 times abroad, and do a local holiday too. Sad la - these things I truly miss and somewhat took for granted then. Honestly at the end of the day there is only so much I can talk to my family members who are also stuck at home. LOL. I suppose the silver lining was that is has given me time to be part of building JH and be active here. 

By the way, Choco, is travel allowed in SG now? I saw this has started again in HK. I used to think what a waste of $$ to do these cruises to nowhere ...but now going anywhere sounds awesome

You know that statement parents always tell their kids - "Go and do your homework. Don't watch so much TV" - you can never say that hahahaha

I'm also having some withdrawal symptoms from not travelling. Already done 4 staycations in the first half of this year, just lazing by the pool.

SG doesn't restrict travelling per se. They just discourage non-essential travel. We can travel, but we must serve 14/21 days quarantine in a hotel when we return and this costs $2-3K. So no one travels as a result.

But now things are opening up. We have an agreement with Germany and Brunei where we don't need to quarantine so Singapore Airlines is selling air tickets now lol. And recently a friend said she is travelling to Canada because they don't require Singaporeans to quarantine, and on return to Singapore, she just needs to stay at home for 7 days so it is doable.

11 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@TRaNz @Chocolate The silence will be missed.  I'll miss Sunday's race because I'm traveling this weekend. 

Aww, we're envious of you being able to go anywhere! Enjoy your holiday. Where are you going?

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

@Chocolate Question. Are all Singaporeans vaccinated? Why is SG giving out more vaccines to other countries (just read news you guys also give 100k of Moderna to Brunei)? Do you guys manufacture them or you've bought too many? LOL Singaporeans wouldn't want to visit Brunei (do you?) especially now have local active cases everyday. 

@Tofu Where are you going? Are you guys allowed to go to Canada? Weren't you planning on visiting Soju (nearly wrote Hanyeon, his old username - hope I spelled it right, memory is fading) before? Did that ever happen?

Hahaha true @abs-oluteM cannot tell her son "Stop watching TV"... but technically my Dad yells at us all the time about this and he himself was not hardworking back in his old days (I hear so much gossips about their old times when I went travelling with him & visited his old friends).

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate Question. Are all Singaporeans vaccinated? Why is SG giving out more vaccines to other countries (just read news you guys also give 100k of Moderna to Brunei)? Do you guys manufacture them or you've bought too many? LOL Singaporeans wouldn't want to visit to Brunei (do you?) especially now have local active cases everyday. 

80% are vaccinated.

I think we are one of the very first countries to order vaccines. Apparently a committee had been set up very early on to review and analyse the companies developing vaccines, their technology/methods etc. Before phase 3 trials, Singapore had already ordered from a few different companies to hedge its bets. We ordered Moderna in Jun 2020 and Sinovac and Pfizer in Aug 2020. Since we are quite kiasu, seems we have continued to buy in case of unexpected disruptions so there is more than enough. This article describes the process: https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/how-singapore-picked-its-covid-19-vaccines

It is concerning that the numbers are relatively high each day (about 100+ cases). Especially as I think of my parents who were vaccinated earlier and thus their effectiveness could be waning - I keep telling them not to go market so often! But so far, most cases are asymptomatic or do not have serious effects. The hospitals are operating like usual and not overloaded - this is the guideline the government is using to decide on whether to lockdown or open the economy. So let's see how it goes.

Personally, I won't travel this year even if it is allowed. The situation is not stable. What if I am overseas and suddenly something happens and I cannot come back? :nervous:

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 3

@SilverMoonTea Bahahahaha I had a feeling I spelled it wrong but memory is fading. I've corrected it :P I wrote that post while at work so was working on a super small window so even grammar mistake didn't have time to check.

@Chocolate Bahahahaha I laughed at the bit about "kiasu". :lmao2: But I think your govt may have foreseen that even if you buy more, you wouldn't operate at a loss since you can resell it. Interesting that you guys didn't pick AZ, unlike AU - pfffff. We even got a deal to make it here and now nobody wants AZ if they could get Pfizer. Speaking about Moderna, I read that Japan has rejected it due to contamination.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/02/japans-moderna-covid-vaccine-rollout-hit-by-recall-and-contamination-scares

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I haven't been here in ages! Just popping in to say Hi! :MewHi: Apparently the last time I was here was pg 280! Low energy so I'm skipping all the pages except this one and maybe the last one :laugh: Hope everyone has been well. Something unexpected happened (again) so I haven't been here much lately!

4 hours ago, Chocolate said:

We have an agreement with Germany and Brunei where we don't need to quarantine so Singapore Airlines is selling air tickets now lol. And recently a friend said she is travelling to Canada because they don't require Singaporeans to quarantine, and on return to Singapore, she just needs to stay at home for 7 days so it is doable.

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

Personally, I won't travel this year even if it is allowed. The situation is not stable. What if I am overseas and suddenly something happens and I cannot come back? 

Wow, really? It must be nice to have some places you can go to. But yeah totally agree. Even though I love travel and miss going away, for Australians,  it's not worth the health/ border closeure risks, cost and hassle even if we could go away. I wouldn't want to be stuck somewhere and get sick and then have trouble getting hospital help etc :idk:

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu Where are you going? Are you guys allowed to go to Canada? 

@Tofu Where are you going on holidays??? We can live vicariously through you :BulbaOWO:

On 9/2/2021 at 1:19 PM, TRaNz said:

Im still waiting for my 1st shot...still 2 weeks away. LOL.

our state govt is like loving this lockdown...extended for 3 weeks till 23rd of Sept, but I can already see once that day comes, it will be extended a few more weeks again.

SO i think by Decemeber we might be able to get let out more than 10km from home......

I couldn't book anything till November :( I think I need to keep refreshing!

Yeah, we're on drip lockdown. I'm taking this one better than the last few to be honest as I seem to have accepted this new reality and pretty much turned into recluse monk now and just watch dramas or journal :laugh: The only thing I miss is food...there's not that much to order out where I am :smile: How are you going in lockdown? How about you @SnowBlob?

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

21 minutes ago, JenL said:

I couldn't book anything till November :( I think I need to keep refreshing!

Yeah, we're on drip lockdown. I'm taking this one better than the last few to be honest as I seem to have accepted this new reality and pretty much turned into recluse monk now and just watch dramas or journal :laugh: The only thing I miss is food...there's not that much to order out where I am :smile: How are you going in lockdown? 

Yeah its booked out pretty fully and dates now go back.

If you can be bothered, try booking at different locations where you think it would not be busy. I had a few friends get theirs sooner by choosing other locations further away. DW driving more than 5km for the vax is allowed.

Same here, I miss food too the pretty kind.....Also uber eats variety in the outer suburbs isnt as great as whats on offer in the inner suburbs ahhahaha

Lockdown...im just used to it. You get used to it after the 4th lockdown......

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

On 9/2/2021 at 3:08 PM, TRaNz said:

Yeah true. for sure my diet is shortened my life by heaps. hahaha

ahaha I just saw this and thought of you:

On 9/2/2021 at 3:29 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

I think vaccine close to expiry date should be fine too lols. 

LOL. Maybe if it's expired, the side effects that people worry might exists will also expire and it'll be safer  :laugh:

On 9/2/2021 at 3:38 PM, Chocolate said:

Haha I frequently use expired medicine too.

I think I always seem to have expired panadol. I buy it, use 1, loose the box and then find it when I'm desperate for a panadol and then just take it evenn if expired. So far it's still worked...or maybe just a placebo :idk:

22 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Is this real? :popcorn: I just may watch it for the title alone

This is a real drama?! :shocked2:

17 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I used to go out quite a bit like most folks  - shop , visit family , meet friends. And also spend a fair bit of time planning for our travels - we used to travel 2 or 3 times abroad, and do a local holiday too. Sad la - these things I truly miss and somewhat took for granted then

Your post just made me quite nostalgic to be honest. I miss all those things too - I also use to go away at least 1-3 times a year and interstate and would go out with friends a lot :heart: 

But somehow, I feel like I've found a way to adapt. It is what it is. i've been listening to podcasts about people who have survived wars and terrorist attacks and accidents and I guess things could be much worse. I just watch a lot of dramas, journal, eat snacks and text my friends a lot. Not too bad in comparison while we ride this out I guess :idk:

8 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

True, I think I wake up only to wait for end work and watch drama. I do miss little things like packing my bag, dress up, having lunch with my office mates that I take for granted before. Now I look like this (almost all of the time):

Hahahaha yesssss this is how I look. I'm always late to answer zoom call meetings because I'm dragging a brush through my hair before I let someone see me :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

25 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

Yeah its booked out pretty fully and dates now go back.

If you can be bothered, try booking at different locations where you think it would not be busy. I had a few friends get theirs sooner by choosing other locations further away. DW driving more than 5km for the vax is allowed.

I'm not sure I want to drive out to say Melton or the countryside :lettalKWA: But if it's like a few suburbs down then I don't mind. I think it's time to do more refreshing again. 

26 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

Same here, I miss food too the pretty kind.....Also uber eats variety in the outer suburbs isnt as great as whats on offer in the inner suburbs ahhahaha

I splashed out on the expensive apps like EASI and Providoor last week because we wanted to eat well :heiboi: Otherwise yeah, we don't have much around being an outer suburb too :( I envy my friend in Springvale who has all the bubble tea chains within reach!

28 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

Lockdown...im just used to it. You get used to it after the 4th lockdown......

Hahahaha, I had an extra lockdown compared to most. I was eating at Fonda, the mexican restaurant with friends and there was someone with covid in the restaurant...so I had to quarantine and get tested 3 times (But was negative). So pretty use to it too now :idk:

• Like 5
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, JenL said:

I splashed out on the expensive apps like EASI and Providoor last week because we wanted to eat well :heiboi: Otherwise yeah, we don't have much around being an outer suburb too :( I envy my friend in Springvale who has all the bubble tea chains within reach!

o0o0o0o Providoor...I need to try that..but been lazy....bcoz im lazy to put it together HAHAHAHAHAHA

actually..... @mademoisellehave you tried one of those orders from Providoor many  outletss?

2 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahahaha, I had an extra lockdown compared to most. I was eating at Fonda, the mexican restaurant with friends and there was someone with covid in the restaurant...so I had to quarantine and get tested 3 times (But was negative). So pretty use to it too now :idk:

Ohh dammmm...thats the thing that scares me about going out...like...i hate the whole getting tested and then quarantine for 2 weeks....then ppl think lesser of you. hahaha

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate Bahahahaha I laughed at the bit about "kiasu". But I think your govt may have foreseen that even if you buy more, you wouldn't operate at a loss since you can resell it. Interesting that you guys didn't pick AZ, unlike AU - pfffff. We even got a deal to make it here and now nobody wants AZ if they could get Pfizer. Speaking about Moderna, I read that Japan has rejected it due to contamination.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/02/japans-moderna-covid-vaccine-rollout-hit-by-recall-and-contamination-scares

I think AZ’s reputation was affected by the hooha in Europe over the blood clots. Bad news spreads really fast and scares people but in actual fact, all vaccines are going to affect some people badly. And the numbers are quite low relatively. The conclusion is it is better to take AZ then none at all.

The contamination in Japan is apparently from packaging.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@TRaNz :PsyWhat: I never knew Providoor until now! It has Philippe, Rockpool, Longrain, Cumulus and Sake! The others I don't know hahaha! Does it taste good, @JenL? EASI I have heard of but didn't use. Actually TraNz, Society is doing Father's Day meal within 10 km. Vue de Monde and Attica too are doing a at home meal. But honestly with Vue de Monde's price of $275, I think I'll wait xD

To be honest, I think places like Philippe I wait till lockdown finishes. Fine dining is not just about the food but also experiencing the ambient, atmosphere and services.

Oh wow @JenL thank goodness you're OK. I voluntarily test it once because I was coughing put of nowhere during the first lockdown. Wanted to have a peace of mind. I'm also worried that with the exposure site getting closer to my workplace that it's just going to be a matter of time that someone brings it to work and gave it to us all. It'd be like a Domino effect.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

@Chocolate @mademoiselle @JenL One of my closest friend moved to Washington DC for work so I'm just visiting her for a long weekend. We plan on going to the museums and catching Shang-Chi in theater. Nothing too fancy but it'll be a nice change in pace. Plus it'll allow me to do something more than just stay home. Haha! Canada has a few restrictions for Americans (vaccinated, COVID test, etc.). I don't have plans to visit there any time soon. Sorry, Soju. Hahahaha!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
2 hours ago, TRaNz said:

o0o0o0o Providoor...I need to try that..but been lazy....bcoz im lazy to put it together HAHAHAHAHAHA

Haha...the food orders are essentially the same and easy to cook (they give you instructions). But I guess it does require you to turn on the stove / microwave / airfryer :smile:

2 hours ago, TRaNz said:

Ohh dammmm...thats the thing that scares me about going out...like...i hate the whole getting tested and then quarantine for 2 weeks....then ppl think lesser of you. hahaha

Nah, people don't think lesser of you...they just pity you! ...It wasn't too bad. All that happened over my birthday and everyone felt sorry for me...I had so many gift boxes / pasteries / bubble teas delivered to my door because friends felt bad that I was having a lockdown birthday even though it wasn't lockdown  :laugh::laugh::laugh:

2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I think AZ’s reputation was affected by the hooha in Europe over the blood clots. Bad news spreads really fast and scares people but in actual fact, all vaccines are going to affect some people badly. And the numbers are quite low relatively. The conclusion is it is better to take AZ then none at all.

It's true. A number of my friends have gotten AZ and they say they felt fine. Not sure about long term effects, but then again you wouldn't know for other vaccines either. With that said, can't blame people. I'm holding out for Pfizer too because people around me are paranoid about me getting AZ, so I don't want to stress them out? :idk:

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I never knew Providoor until now! It has Philippe, Rockpool, Longrain, Cumulus and Sake!

How you you not know about this wonderful (but pricey) fancy food delivery?! :shocked2: 

I am shocked! 

I've tried all of those except Philippe...is that good @mademoiselle

In terms of the delivery service, I tried Tokyo Tina and Palermo. I like Tokyo Tina = delicious Japanese feast box and easy to put together. Palermo is food from Argentina - I liked the meat, but the veggies were really smokey. But it did come with an amazing Dulce de Leche Flan. I took pictures...haha perhaps should have a little review on the foodies thread (Home Delivery Edition!) :laugh:

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh wow @JenL thank goodness you're OK. I voluntarily test it once because I was coughing put of nowhere during the first lockdown. Wanted to have a peace of mind. I'm also worried that with the exposure site getting closer to my workplace that it's just going to be a matter of time that someone brings it to work and gave it to us all. It'd be like a Domino effect.

It was a worrying time, but luckily everything turned out fine. The cops called a few times to check I stayed home etc, but otherwise it was like every other lockdown :idk: Yep, it's better to test and have peace of mind/ no regrets...and if you get covid, at least you know to isolate seriously (as in lock yourself away from everyone in the house) / seek treatment quickly if it gets bad. I've heard a few stories from friends and relatives about people they know who brought it home, gave it to a family member and they passed away :lettalKWA: 

You're still working in the office as usual right? I hope you're safe and sound and no one does accidentally bring it into work.

Edited by JenL
  • Like 5
  • Insightful 1

@Tofu Hope you have fun and be safe!

@JenL I just never heard of Providoor from anyone. And didn't see any ads about it either. I have never tried Philippe but @TRaNz has and he loves it a lot. It's one of his go-to French cuisine. I think if the lockdown continues or happens again, I might actually try out Providoor. Yes please, the foodie thread needs some new entries!

Yeah I'm still at the office. I'm due for my second dose of vaccine in a few more weeks so hopefully this will help... 💪🏻

23 minutes ago, JenL said:

It's true. A number of my friends have gotten AZ and they say they felt fine. Not sure about long term effects, but then again you wouldn't know for other vaccines either. With that said, can't blame people. I'm holding out for Pfizer too because people around me are paranoid about me getting AZ, so I don't want to stress them out?

The % of side effects are low but the risk is there and we just never know if we could be that unlucky one - that's why I think it's scary. Not saying I'm not worried about Pfizer either, which I do (knowing how dodgy manufacturers can be), so I waited for a while.

At work there are people who got AZ and they are fine too. Most had Pfizer, they are good too. Some reacted to it slightly badly for the 2nd shot (lethargic) and most people have COVID (sore) arm.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Actually TraNz, Society is doing Father's Day meal within 10 km.

**looks at Google Maps zoomed out.....proceeds to close all browser windows in a disappointed manner**** HAHAHAHAHAHA

2 hours ago, JenL said:

Haha...the food orders are essentially the same and easy to cook (they give you instructions). But I guess it does require you to turn on the stove / microwave / airfryer 

The ULTIMATE challenge for TRaNzipooooo meeeee. HAHAHAHA

Like i heard its the same menu as inhouse dining...but what I dont want to do is ruin the memory of the dish forever due to my extremely professional inexperience low grade cooking skills. LMFAO

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I have never tried Philippe but @TRaNz has and he loves it a lot.

:SquirtleNiceAhah::hearties::love:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@TRaNz :laugh: Hahahahahahahahahaha gimme those fries!

You didn't get Classic Angus to try!

yeah....about that....I like my standard selections. Always hits the spot. :MewGiggle:

Did someone say nap time? :VulpixZZZ:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/3/2021 at 5:30 PM, JenL said:

But somehow, I feel like I've found a way to adapt. It is what it is. i've been listening to podcasts about people who have survived wars and terrorist attacks and accidents and I guess things could be much worse. I just watch a lot of dramas, journal, eat snacks and text my friends a lot. Not too bad in comparison while we ride this out I guess :idk:

Yeah , humans are good at adapting, and I am thankful that I still have my job and we're doing okay.  Think I can give up most things but I do really miss meeting people freely. 

Well on the bright side...my hubs just got this  and I think I will try to recreate a kbbq...so any recipe suggestions??
th?id=OIP.uUmfPPruZXcIKrZwIiXt5gHaCG&pid

On 9/3/2021 at 8:13 PM, Chocolate said:

Most of my family (immediate - including my hubs and I ) had the AZ. My dad was assigned Sinovac. My SIL as she was preggers had Pfizer.  Thankfully none of us had any side effects except for some of them feeling a little tired & a sore arm. Where I am , most folks would have at least gotten one dose. 

9 hours ago, TRaNz said:

Annyeong @mademoiselle :SquirtleNiceAhah::BulbaOWO::PsyWhat::SquirtleWonderfull::GrimChamp::LaxEat:

Did you eat all that in one meal ?:pandawhat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Tasty 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

40 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Did you eat all that in one meal ?

I'm more distracted with the rainbow keyboard, so pretty 😂 The diet plan is nothing new 🤣

I just finish all K dramas backlog, and now doing my palace drama again. I'm torturing myself just to see Cheng Yi here. Forever & Ever also will come out soon.

I feel like hedgehog running in a wheel to catch all my dramas 😅

Pesky-Edible-Flyingfox-size-restricted.g

• Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Did you eat all that in one meal ?:pandawhat:

Dangyunhaji !!! :smile:

Its sorta like my normal order. I am a fatty bum bum. hehehe

24 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I'm more distracted with the rainbow keyboard, so pretty 😂

Ahh Thank youuuu.

Its on rainbow color run so it just runs from left to right at a not so fast speed constantly...pretttyyyy

(Keyboard is a Ducky One2 RGB on black switches with Pudding KeyCaps)

24 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The diet plan is nothing new 🤣

HAHAHAHAHAHAH yes...this is the TRaNz diet. :laugh:

---editsz

@Tofu Just found out Kimi isnt racing this weekend because he got covid.....sheeessshhh...must have found out he was gonna get all the votes for Driver of the day so he went and did that....LOLjkz....shame though...Kubica is replacing him.

Edited by TRaNz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, TRaNz said:

Just found out Kimi isnt racing this weekend because he got covid.....sheeessshhh...must have found out he was gonna get all the votes for Driver of the day so he went and did that....LOLjkz....shame though...Kubica is replacing him.

Haha! I know! I woke up to my notifications going crazy because of this. The difference between Verstappen and Hamilton is so small! Also, I think this is Antonio's best starting position this season? No rain in the forecast this weekend right? :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1