Mr.Queen 철인왕후 [2020-2021]

Some spoilers translated from Naver articles

( using Papago)

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202012262101312452850_1

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2020/12/1322406/

image_readtop_2020_1322406_1608985715448

Spoiler

"I will reveal the truth," said Chul-jong (Kim Jung-hyun). "It's not Bin who will get a confession."
Cho Hwa-jin (Seol In-ah) knelt down when she pointed at the knife. Jang Bong-hwan (Choi Jin-hyuk) said, "I have a weakness, too. They say that they can't see other people look more handsome than me. I have to be the best in front of the girl I like. It's the only weakness."

Kim So-yong said, "I will reveal the truth at the center of the case. I tried to kill myself, so I don't think innocent people should bleed. I tried to kill myself. This is the will that I carry all the time," he said, surprising the people around him. Choi Jin-hyuk said, "I'm going back today anyway. "Whether it's a mess or not."

@LaLa is watching this & she has explained some cuts on the twitter handle

Spoiler

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  The Judge From Hell  Sat-Sun: - Daily: -  C-drama: - The First Shot

Episode 5

The beginning of this episode already cracked him up so much. Shin Hye Sun's super smug face was hilarious. I'm so glad Choi Jin Hyuk is still cameo-ing via voice because he is the reason that pushes the comedy to the next level. ROFL at as he said "e-rai" (someone please tell me how to spell this properly, thank you) then proceeded to fake faint and love the tone he used when he said "Don't tell me he's going to carry me? Don't, go away..." towards Cheoljong. :laugh: I re-watch that scene twice and laughed so hard twice!

And then there's this scene where Bong Hwan was waiting for the best timing to "wake up" but couldn't :laugh: I really love Jin Hyuk's voice over. I need him to continue be the voice of thoughts for Shin Hye Sun.

Last but not least, the raining scene between Cheoljong and So Yong LMAOOOO. From Cheoljong's side, he's obviously mesmerised by her (and the BGM was all lovely) and then cut to So Yong/Bong Hwan, who's dancing to Black Pink's songs (that's the original BGM used in the broadcast). :laugh:

It's concerning Cheoljong's brother is falling for Jo Hwa Jin. What's with these men, are there no more women outside of the palace? Tsk tsk. And what was up with "the letters" both Hwa Jin and real So Yong were talking about? Curious curious.

The politics bit is a bit inevitable since the story is set in the palace and it makes it entertaining seeing how Bong Hwan plays both side until he could return. I am also really anticipating Cheoljong falling hard for Bong Hwan :pandaevil:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

The comedy parts and the great relationship between Bong Hwan, Hong Yeon, Court Lady Choi and even the battle with the royal chef are the big factors that made me stay and continue to watch the drama. I'm a little bit cautious to start watching this because I don't really watch the sageuk genre due to palace politics. Thank God for the comedy and the brilliant act by SHS in acting as a man trapped in woman's body, the smile on my face never really gone throught the whole episode. 

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

It's concerning Cheoljong's brother is falling for Jo Hwa Jin. What's with these men, are there no more women outside of the palace? Tsk tsk. And what was up with "the letters" both Hwa Jin and real So Yong were talking about? Curious curious.

Yeah, the Yi brothers were falling for Hwa Jin. I wonder if Won Beom knows about his brother feelings for his concubine. And Hwa Jin is definitely suspicious. We have been shown snippets of what happened that night, but until we get to the full story, I'm still suspicious of her as one of the possible culprit who made So Yong fell into the lake. Both were hiding something from Won Beom.

My favorite womance are between So Yong, Hong Yeon and Court Lady Choi. Throw in the Royal Court Chef I can watch their scenes for the whole hour :laugh:

I am trying to imagine the palace politics are just like a chaebol family drama whose members are trying to get the top of seat to control the company. By changing my mind into that, watching the palace politics are a little bit bearable. Not to mention the writer keep mixing the joke from present time into the Joseon era. 

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Tonight's episode sneak peek - Bong Hwan thinks So Young is in the future in his body eyeing men at a club, LOLLLL

Bong Hwan and his wild imagination LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Ok. So after seeing reports of high ratings, I decided to give this show another try. The political intrigue is starting to be insteresting, and though they say all events depicted have no relation to actual historical figures, I went to do a little background read of Cheoljong and Cheorin. They were rather inconsequential figures in Korean history, which could explain the liberties being taken with their histories. 

All that said, I just wanted to see the queen cook. Hahaha...

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Tranlasted with Papago: http://enews24.tving.com/news/article?nsID=1355331

tvN's "Queen Iron Man," which aired on the 27th, the scene of So Yong (Shin Hye-sun) suddenly collapsing surprised everyone.

In the broadcast on this day, Cheoljong saved the So Yong from drowning and said, "Let's not touch her," making viewers interested in Cheol-jong (Kim Jung-hyun) looking at her in a different light.

Cheol-jong thought she was trying to kill herself and the concubine, and he  felt pity and strange emotions.

Cheol-jong even kneeled before So Yong  and begged her to believe him, saying, "Give me a chance," and eventually asked the concubine to prevent the abolition of the Great War.

Watching him, Young-pyeong  expressed regret over Cheol-jong, who surrounded him, saying, "Soyong is sure to be our weak point," but Cheol-jong persuaded Yeong-pyeong by saying, "If Jung-jeon turns out to be our enemy, I will cut the head of Jung-jeon with my own hands."

However, the sudden collapse of the So Young at the end of the show has shocked many people and led to speculation that she may be returning to the modern world.

-----------------------------------

@LaLa has explained some cuts on her twitter including the preview

Spoiler

Preview

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  The Judge From Hell  Sat-Sun: - Daily: -  C-drama: - The First Shot

[Naver TV] ‘Mr. Queen’ Episode 5 Comments and Reaction

Netizenkore / December 28, 2020

1. [+851][-6] Byeongin is hella cool for being enraged at the King who takes care of only his concubine and for proudly carrying Soyong whilst shooting lasers out of his eyes ㅜㅡㅜ

2. [+666][-8] I can’t believe he carried the concubine away ㅜㅜ  Cheoljong is so mean ㅠ

3. [+546][-9] Saying ‘Ah whatever’ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ and then flopping to the ground ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ The acting is really good but I don’t like Cheoljong ㅡㅡ

4. [+438][-7] Ah her fainting is hella funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+369][-4] No ㅠㅠ Soyong fainted in the preview so I thought there was something that made her faint, but the fact that she just fainted herself ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Ah crazy ㅠㅠㅠ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

1. [+1364][-5] I think it’s kind of a relief that Bonghwan went there ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Soyong’s feelings are being let out

2. [+1108][-5] Hella funny ㅋㅋ Saying ‘get lost’ to the King ㅋㅋ

3. [+846][-7] It’s a relief that at least the Queen is putting on a weekend drama of her own ㅠㅜ I thought I was dying from frustration (T/N: Weekend dramas tend to have more fast-paced, comedic aspects throughout the show) 

4. [+759][-5] Ah totally refreshing ㅠㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+600][-4] Soyong is making the plot refreshing ㅋㅋㅋ

1. [+2029][-7] Is Shin Hyesun insane ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I can only laugh ㅋㅋ Saying ‘did you also come to get rained on?’ to the King ㅋㅋ

2. [+1649][-8] How can he see it from such a different perspective ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+1442][-5] Looks like Cheoljong has already fallen in love?

4. [+1321][-8] I never expected to hear a Blackpink song in a drama ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I’ve never experienced a drama like this

5. [+1025][-6] Kim Junghyun is hella cute ㅜㅜ Handing over the umbrella whilst pretending to be indifferent

1. [+2036][-15] I’m not the only one who wants Cheoljong to regret, am I? Everyone felt pleased looking at Cheoljong’s expression when Soyong was cursing him out earlier, right? It’s not just that I’m a pervert…(?)

2. [+1411][-14] Here’s a person who thought Chelojong would save her before she jumped in

3. [+1315][-22] Cheoljong, now please date the Queen

4. [+1169][-11] In any case, I think that they’ll go back to their original places when he jumps into the water at the same time as Soyong in the future. Because it seems like they were switched when they fell into the water at the same time before…

5. [+1134][-11] No her floundering around saying go away and don’t come to the King who came to save her is hella funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅌㅌㅋㅋㅋㅋㅌㅌ

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Episode 6

I honestly don't have much to say. All that needed to LOL at is already in the above cut clips. I suppose I can post the gif version :laugh:

Today is our first day.

aa00a47de0c5d58fcdb6365c611d8f98d8d9dd41

Spoiler

f4629b954b0900ce18a8d013432ff95993e23df5a84ed6906b4d1c66544d95951960d38eb497a25fda7a5e506fecf441993a0364fba1391bb7379bcc007ff54244d9dde84d487aa34d0e4e64b10f4bb7c00181070515237ea82e303dadf4e26b284ba6ccab1e4caf5593fffe478ecb17d2b70673648ded0b26227ee86c33d93aab2c75a42fd94e1016ba61d8

157053153c4a8427960af1aa71d272c473a9e6e1

Loved SHS's reaction above, LMAO.

source: https://thingskateknows.tumblr.com/post/638710836291125248/i-bet-you-know-what-that-means-right-today-is

And the award for the most fake realistic fainting goes to…

03735475b4b9eb6d613d92047c18d8272d46a06a

cf6ce6a94424b7a86402cb2cdbfad6f88e1d39ad35609b912bdc811313025e69141e54c7efa37582

source: https://thingskateknows.tumblr.com/post/638665757823320064/kdramadaily-and-the-award-for-the-most-fake

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 6

@LaLa@mademoiselle@Chocolate Succesfully purchased your drama selling haha... I already gulped 6 eps. 

The first few eps quite weird tbh, I guess I'm quite conservative and was confused with the gender switch / body soul change genre. But this become quite addictive, as it's so funny and the OTP quite interesting. 

I think now it has become sort of in forbidden love area (hmm genre that I like? 🤔😂) tbh I'm not sure what to make in the romance from this drama but I'm looking forward to the ep 7. 

ADD

I also agree with you @mademoisellethe original Queen's personality seems not as fun as the chef guy. But she seems also quite badass, so maybe we shall see. I think the chinese version did have some romance and its in kind of bisexual right?

From ep 1-6, eventhough there is kiss, umbrella scenes I still don't think it's in a romantic way. Imo the king is interested to her as her own person. And he's kind of start respecting her recently after found out more about her. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

21 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@LaLa@mademoiselle@Chocolate Succesfully purchased your drama selling haha... I already gulped 6 eps. 

The first few eps quite weird tbh, I guess I'm quite conservative and was confused with the gender switch / body soul change genre. But this become quite addictive, as it's so funny and the OTP quite interesting. 

I think now it has become sort of in forbidden love area (hmm genre that I like? 🤔😂) tbh I'm not sure what to make in the romance from this drama but I'm looking forward to the ep 7. 

Glad you continued! You like "forbidden love"? No wonder your ships don't sail lol!

I'm also not sure what to expect of the romance. I think there will be none at the end? It is quite difficult to swallow that BH, as a man who loves women so much, will come to love the King. And it also doesn't feel like a good ending for the King to love the Queen after BH leaves her body - because they are 2 different people.

Ideally for me, the King will come to accept what BH has told him - that he is a man from the future - and they have a bromance and use their wits in the palace politics. Afterall the King read the words that BH carved on the rock before he jumped into the lake - maybe things will add up for him after a while.

Meantime, I try not to think too much and just enjoy the drama. It's still funny!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This drama is pretty weird. So, the male chef wakes up in the body of a Joseon queen who is caught up in court politics and marriage to a king who wants to kill her because of her family. However, since the chef is kind of an arrogant, successful guy in his own time, he carries the same attitudes to the Joseon period where his strangeness is strangely appealing to the king who no longer wants to kill him. Not to mention that the chef had actually been a pretty good student in his school days so that he still remembers the Joseon lineage jingle and easily reads hanja. Anyway, the male chef manages to scandalize the entire court, but is winning people over anyway in various ways, including the dowager queen with his cooking. His sole purpose is to get back to his own body and his own time, and that is causing him to be rather thoughtless as to how his actions are causing suffering to the people.

The king has his own secrets. Even though he seems like an easy-going, easily manipulated puppet king controlled by the dowager queen, he's actually a bit of a revolutionary wanting to create a better Joseon, and yet clearly not having thought through how he's going to actually accomplish that. Then there is the royal concubine who is really only important as a representative of the clan that is not in power, and as a foil for the king and queen for the purposes of this drama.

Shin Hye Sun is doing a fantastic job in this drama. I love how she embodies Jang Bong-Hwan, especially effective during Choi Jin Hyuk's voiceovers. (Also, I love Choi Jin Hyuk in this role. He's so good at dark melodramas, but he's also so good in comedic roles. I wish he would do another comedy.) Back to SHS, in the flashbacks where she is showing us what So Yong had been like, she brings a different energy and character to the role than when she is channeling JBH, and both are engaging characters. Kim Jung Hyun is fine as the king, but thus far in the drama, it's really been about the queen.

Some thoughts I had watching the episodes thus far. JBH needs to grow up some. He's in Joseon days when life was hard for everyone, but especially the commoners. If he takes all the milk so that the calves can't grow up healthy, then he's contributing even more to their overall suffering. Oils and spices do not come from a grocery store in Joseon days. They are only procured after a long, frequently dangerous trip by merchants and others, and they only bring back what they can carry. It throws into stark relief how much food privilege most of us enjoy in modern times.

Not to mention that he's fine with the court ladies and eunuchs spending day and night to fill the lake again. He's taken to the life of a royal, being served hand and foot, and having people obey his every command, no matter how preposterous.

There is also a lot of weirdness with the court intrigue, including SY's cousin who is in love with her, the royal concubine who has a secret that would cause the king to hate her (probably that she is a puppet of her family or something like that?), and the competing factions themselves. However, writing about that would be another lengthy post in itself.

As for the romance, I'm with @Chocolate. I know that the king seems to be developing feelings for the queen, but I'm not sure that there is an actual romance developing here. The queen is definitely still lusting after pretty women and not open to sexual congress with the king at all. The person that the king is attracted to is not the actual Queen Cheorin (So Yong). So, an actual romance between them would just be weird. I'm hoping that this is actually a good bromance drama instead.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Regarding the romance between The King and The Queen, IF they follow the original work than The Queen will turns into a BI and embraces his feminine side even pops out a little Crown Prince....:HaunterOK:   I am totally confuse with myself because I want to ship them but at the same time realise that The King actually falls for JBH not KSY....:shocked:

I think someone above mentioned about a certain letter. From what I understand, The Royal Concubine sent a letter to The King (or vice versa) for their meet up on the night The Queen jumped into the lake. But The Queen changed the time of the meet up hence she met them separately on the same spot.

The King loves The Concubine because she saved his life in the past. But it seems to be The Concubine is lying based upon the conversation on the lake between Concubine and Queen.

Spoiler

IF I am not mistaken, The Queen followed an instruction to kills The King but changed her mind and saved him instead. The King mistakenly thought The Concubine was his savior. None of the ladies can afford it IF the truth comes out.

• Insightful 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Some stills for tonight. I used papago to translate the explanation that is in the spoiler button

https://www.fnnews.com/news/202101011014519163

202101011017357891_l.jpg

Spoiler

Meanwhile, the sweet atmosphere of Kim So-yong and Cheol-jong in the released photo is intriguing. Kim So-yong's bright visuals, who escaped from the stuffy palace and went on a family outing, steal the attention. Cheol-jong, who ran to the news that the Great War had recovered his energy, was also spotted.

His change of doing his best to protect Kim So-yong's happiness with the declaration of "Notachi Day 1" was accompanied by excitement. Soon, Cheol-jong's  delivery of a bouquet to Kim So-yong makes one heart flutter.

His surprise appearance made  Kim So-yong, who is a shy girl, smile. The changed atmosphere of the two, captured after Kim So-yong's cardiac arrest, adds curiosity to the change that came to them.

NISI20210102_0000666860_web.jpg?rnd=2021

https://newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20210102_0001291433&cID=10601&pID=10600

Spoiler

In the last broadcast, Kim So-yong and Cheol-jong took a step closer as they declared that they should live happily ever after.  Jo Hwa-jin (Seol In-ah), who felt the change in Cheoljong, began to be in anxiety, and Kim Byung-in also began to provoke Cheoljong, saying he would protect Kim So-yong. Meanwhile, Kim So-yong even collapsed due to cardiac arrest, heralding an unpredictable development.

In the broadcast on this day, it will be revealed why Cheol-jong, who skillfully handed over Kim Byung-in's provocation, was so angry that he pointed at the knife, and what situation Kim So-yong, who collapsed, will suffer.

The production crew said, "The mysterious feeling then changes in the relationship structure surrounding Kim So-yong and Cheol-jong. Please note what kind of aftermath will hit the palace. It also reveals the sincerity of Cheoljong. The war of nerves between Cheol -jong and Kim Byung-in will be exciting.

• Like 3

Mr. Queen has wrapped up filming. So no more changing the storyline to appease the viewers. :P

Because South Korea is not open to homosexuality, my only guess of the ending is Bong Hwan being in So Yong's body serves to help improve So Yong and Cheoljong's relationship later on. After all, before this, Cheoljong refused to even look at the real So Yong or get to know her properly. Therefore if everything goes back to how it is, at least So Yong gets a chance with Cheoljong. Perhaps Cheoljong will/can still learn to like the real So Yong even though she no longer behaves like Bong Hwan.

Cut clips

I'm peeking at cut clips on SNS. Love seeing Cheoljong panicking over So Yong. And LOL at how fast he ran to her! And ROFLLL at Lady Choi. She was going to let it all out of her nagging, and now she's promising she'll never nag her Mama again :laugh:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3