Hometown ChaChaCha 갯마을 차차차 [2021]

10 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm getting a bit tired of the mystery of DS now, and especially why he's friend-zoning HJ so much.

Agree.

The woman kisses you. It means she likes you. You know she is upset that you are pretending that nothing happened. If you do not intend to pursue the relationship, then just leave her be. The last thing she wants is to be badgered to be friends. I'm pretty neutral about Shin Min Ah, but it was "yeah!" everytime she turned her back on Dusik.

I am ecstatic about this scene :love: @abs-oluteM Please take back your promise - Han Jipyeong/Hong Dusik doesn't need to get the girl here. He can wait till his next movie with Yoon-A :laugh:

HXVGOl3.gif

vHgmosX.gif

q3TdmBg.gif

I say, just drop him.

1NaXmg8.gif

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 4
  • Haha 6
  • Clapping Hands 2
10 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Please take back your promise - Han Jipyeong/Hong Dusik doesn't need to get the girl here. He can wait till

Noooooo . My poor boy …but let me watch eps 4 1st. Who knows I also may have SLS :hug:.

Since you brought up this scene …someone did a cute parallel with HJP 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

Regarding the mystery of why Yeo Hwa-Jeong & Chang Yeong-Guk divorced, this thread has a theory and supported by receipts :laugh: I have to say I have a hard time rooting for HJ and YG to get back together even though they have a child - he just seems so undeserving.

Edit: Here's another thread on the same!

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 4
  • Haha 7

I never thought I would say this... Once  upon a time I would rather have shot myself in the foot first... but I don't think I have ever wanted a love triangle this badly. And I'm rooting for the Other Guy to drive Du-sik up the wall writhing in jealousy suffering painful torments.

"Let's be friends. Men and women can be friends." Sure. But not after that kiss. Friends with benefits maybe. 

WTH. For a smart guy, Du-sik can be so dense. Implying that the kiss meant nothing and then pretending that nothing's changed. No wonder Hye-jin feels like she's being played like a fiddle. I feel on some level that he's punishing himself by not allowing himself to act on his attraction but then it also feels like he's punishing her while he's holding back. She isn't just being petty, she wants clarity and he's muddling the waters by giving her mixed signals and messing with her head. Even from where I'm looking he's trying too hard for a guy who just wants to be friends.

Hye-jin has her faults. She can be a snob and she can be rigid about her personal boundaries. But some of the people of Gongjin are too much even for me so when she lost it, I got it. Hye-jin has a perspective on life I don't agree with but at least I can see where she's coming from and how she's come to those sorts of conclusions. It's a survival mechanism and there are people in this world who think that way. But I don't think Du-sik trying to "fix" her or lecture her is the answer.  I know he means well but he always comes off vaguely condescending.

The music festival reminded me of Sing! but without the animals. It was one of the heartwarming highlights of an otherwise frustrating episode. I was ready to throttle somebody. The nosy owner of the Korean Chinese restaurant is written to test all of us. However I really like how Hye-jin and Ju-ri connect over DOS and single dads.

For some reason even though I'm more inclined to agree with Du-sik about how life should be lived, for some reason Hye-jin gets my sympathy.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 5

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

14 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Regarding the mystery of why Yeo Hwa-Jeong & Chang Yeong-Guk divorced, this thread has a theory and supported by receipts :laugh: I have to say I have a hard time rooting for HJ and YG to get back together even though they have a child - he just seems so undeserving.

I completely agree. Hwa Jeong deserves better! Yeong Guk has been pretty much a jerk the entire time that we've seen him, as well as mooning over some other woman. Even their son seems to prefer them to be apart.

6 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The music festival reminded me of Sing! but without the animals.

:laugh: You are so right! It was a charming display of local talents. Not to mention, the grandmother and the children won the actual prizes.

4 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

And I like the OTP ship reaction when they're watching the stage. They really looks similar and cute with that dimples and white colour matching shirt. 

They did have a couple look going on!

:cuddle:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 9/12/2021 at 7:48 PM, im0202 said:

But the story here is pretty simple. I guess the content plot-wise is not that much that’s why they have to reveal stuff like that slowly else there’s not much left to do for the remaining 10 episodes!

"Filler" parts for the latest episodes also took quite some air time. The individual songs in the contest felt like they were extended quite a bit. They weren't dragging, but I just felt that something else could have been shown.

In terms of the love triangle, we've yet to see how it'll go. By the looks of it, the love triangle won't be too hostile - or at least I hope it won't be. They did manage to convince us how DS and SH can get along. I hope they don't completely ruin it for the sake of moving the OTP's relationship forward.

giphy.gif

If I'll take the first scene with the three of them together (FINALLY. After 6 episodes!) as some sort of metaphor, then HJ and SH will both be supporting DS. Whatever his dark secrets are that are slowly being revealed, these two will be his salvation.

On 9/12/2021 at 6:55 PM, Alice Wonderland said:

R they living in the same house or their house is just too similar for me too differentiate.

I was confused a bit by this too at first. Their houses look very similar - same style and layout, and similar stone wall. DS' house is more updated and bigger though. Halmoni's house number is 5, DS is 2.

Spoiler

1.png

2.png

Edited by Warm Paws
  • Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 2

@abs-oluteMYou're right DS really need to Konmari-ed his house, who need 1001 cameras, when 1 can do the job just fine? I approved his books collection tho, maybe that's the secret why he can do so many jobs.

His vynil records collection also understandable, it seems this has become a new trend in Korea, and some other countries. I tempted to own this / cd player , but I'm shivering when thinking about the costs and the need of additional space to keep them. (and I suspect it will be left dusty in just few months, I have short term attention span 😅)

The way DS live is actually quite contradictive with Walden's book environmentalism that he read. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

7 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

You're right DS really need to Konmari-ed his house, who need 1001 cameras, when 1 can do the job just fine?

But, but, but... those things spark joy in him... in me too when I saw the cameras displayed so nicely... I would love to live in his house. So warm with the wooden interior.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@SilverMoonTea @ktcjdrama Not sure about spark joy but I can imagine it will be a lot of work to keep it dust free! But his house is definitely very warm - I won't mind living in it as long as I don't have to do the housework. :heiboi:

BTS 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

Wahhhh I just watched Episode 5 and I was charmed. But I realised that I forgot to write my thoughts for Episodes 3 and 4 and it'll kill me if I happen to go out of order! :lettalKWA: I will write them eventually...but just saw this pop up...not sure if it's been posted yet

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

finally catch up to latest ep :)

- I love how they talk about family relationship. Child to parent, parent to child. It is my weak point. Hello my cry baby self

- I think the phase still ok, the mystery can be draggy later, but till ep. 6, I'm still much enjoying the side stories of what's happening around them. I love the singer father-daughter story, grandma photo in the flower field, etc. It is more like fillers for a romance drama (because Sikhye is the center), but actually it feels not. Much like unity of the show that I'm really fallin' to, contains bittersweet moments, makes 1 hour gone short

- The mystery of Dusik. Gone for 5 years no one knows (except maybe the grandma). Revealed he is totally smart. Overachiever type. Decided back to village most probably because a traumatic bloody experience (he is afraid to keep something alive. And that twitter attachment of the book, mention much about family, maybe he was a husband & father?)

I wonder how long he has been back to Gongjin. How long he attained those licenses? Am I missing timeline details? Why he aspire to build ship on the top of hill? Was that what his child wants?

- Hyejin is so cute. She keeps denying to have strong attachment to the village while she is actually soft and so on. Because the seaside village is the right atmosphere to bond, different from the city when we can just easily escape.. Her best friend too is adorable, she is so carefree and gets along easily with the lifestyle changing. I invest the bff pairing with the cop hahaha cute

- The 2nd lead intro to the story is enjoyable. A clumsy PD, bonds to Dusik with dorky interest to vintage cam. I love their dynamics. But also nervous about how the writer will use Sunghyun PD to trigger romance development of Sikhye, pls make it still fun

- and this tweet below yes, I feel the same vibe hahaha to think there are much intentional signals of sapphic/bl in recent Kdramas. At first I thought the bracelet is only teacher's (Chohui), but the three of them have that. And there are a lot emphasizes of how Chohui may has mixed signals that actually just for Hwajeong 

On 9/13/2021 at 8:02 AM, Alice Wonderland said:

Well, I am glad everytime I think I would get bored they comes with fun stories again in this episodes too.

this is exactly what I feel about the show!

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

@mademoiselle aww.. they're so loveable and cute!! I love how he confidently thanking her for the praises she said. Lols. Then when he says du shik du shik instead of dugeun dugeun... hahaha. The sounds of faling in love heart beat. 

Need eng sub, where are our fairy translator??

@abs-oluteM that bts of ep 5 is super fun. I cant imagine how could KSH hold his laughter for thst scene. Lols. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, bairama said:

and this tweet below yes, I feel the same vibe hahaha to think there are much intentional signals of sapphic/bl in recent Kdramas. At first I thought the bracelet is only teacher's (Chohui), but the three of them have that. And there are a lot emphasizes of how Chohui may has mixed signals that actually just for Hwajeong 

Wait, I never thought for this before, eeeeehh?? R they really referring to that?? I may watch the episode again to see any different of it. But I do see that she cared for hwajung, like respecting her more and she kinda gives in to her. She sense the ex husband is trying to get close at her but she refused him and invites over everyone to his dinner invitation. 

• Like 5

@Alice Wonderland ahahah I'm not really sure but the moment when there is concert and the cam scene has highlight on the two & it gives me different idea about how Chohui sees her, kinda. Like the tweet Choco embedded before

update:

yooo singer father special clip 😎

• Like 5

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

@mademoiselle, thanks for the poster making clip. It's very cute. My favorite moment in the clip is probably at 1:39 when SMA says "So cute" to which KSH cracks "Thank you" and SMA immediately responds "Don't mean Du Shik". LOL

Also, their respective posters are different. For instance, SMA decorates her poster with things that she feels is indicative of Hye Jin including wine glass, the sun, etc. She ultimately calls her poster "Wonderful Day Poster" because the headpiece she puts on HJ says "wonderful day" on it. KSH does something similar in decorating DS' poster but with a definite Hye Jin focus. He names his poster "When He Sees Hye Jin, then Du Shik Du Shik" because he had just commented that he had written the character "H" for Hye Jin on the coffee mug sticker on the poster, and also the words "du-shik du-shik" rather than the words "du-geun du-geun" which is onomatopiea for a heart-beat.

Finally, KSH calls SMA "noona". How cute is that?

The English subs on this clip aren't very good though. Oh well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Text preview episode 7

스타 PD 성현의 방문에 들썩이는 공진! 그러나 들썩이는 것은 공진뿐만이 아니었으니, 혜진과 두식의 관계에도 미묘한 기류 변화가 생기기 시작한다. 특별했던 삼자대면 후, 세 사람은 함께 술자리를 갖게 되고 성현은 두식에게 자신과 함께 일할 것을 제안하는데...

Eng trans with Papago + Google Translator

Gongjin excited by star PD Sunghyun's visit! However, it wasn't just Gongjin who was shaking, so subtle changes in the relationship between Hyejin and Doosik began to occur. After the special three-party face-to-face meeting, the three of them will have a drinking party together, and Seonghyeon suggests Doo-sik to work with him...

Edited by ssteph
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1