Havenites Dabang

1 hour ago, SnowBlob said:

ok..i sleep with electric blanket on...dont mind that..but i'm not so sure about wearing heated jacket. so scared of being electrocuted 

Hahaha I'm scared of being electrocuted as well so I don't use it but I've used it before it is nice. Any trusted brand to recommend? They should invent a cooling blanket too if they've electric blanket. LOL

Are you studying a degree course? Wouldn't that make you juggling between babysitting, studying, drama watching and housework? :PsyWhat:

42 minutes ago, Mouse said:

And if I crave something I saw from a food clip, I also want that food and it’s not the same if I were to get something else. Thank goodness for delivery. I don’t know how I’d survive if it wasn’t an option.

The area where I live has terrible delivery choices. Few times I crave for Korean especially jajiangmyun, none of the restaurant nearby sell them.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
17 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Jane @mademoiselle the one PPL food  I wanna try is the egg drop sandwiches in Hospital Playlist.

Me too! There's an imitation version in Singapore called EggStop. I must make it a point to go to the outlet soon.

7 hours ago, Tofu said:

Good to know. I barely go to Subways but I have a feeling our Subways in the USA does not serve the same brand of coffee.

Try it anyway to do a full comparison. I am curious! Haha!

@SnowBlob No wonder we don't cross paths! :( Except in Taco Shack. Hahahah! I thought of you because I am watching the last few episodes of Arashi's Netflix documentary and it was about Arafes. Was that the concert you bought tickets for?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Tasty 1

On 3/20/2021 at 8:03 AM, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate Does Singapore not have good Korean Fried Chicken?

I think there is a 4Fingers which is quite popular. I tried once but can't really remember. There are also some from korean restaurants. But you know how it is, you see it on TV, then you want to try the original in that country.

4fingers-kfc.jpg

In Hyena, there was also PPL for Alvolo pizza which looked quite good too. Any idea on this?

tmp4B03.jpg

17 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Jane @mademoiselle the one PPL food  I wanna try is the egg drop sandwiches in Hospital Playlist.

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh yes, I'm interested in that one coz it reminds me of Issac Toast (love Issac Toast!)

Yes yes! I want to try this too!

@Jane Apparently there was a shop at Plaza Singapura but may have closed 😢

@SilverMoonTea What does silvermoontea taste like? Green/Chinese/English Tea? Tea's my fave - don't drink coffee - too bitter lol!

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Tasty 4
2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Yes yes! I want to try this too!

@Jane Apparently there was a shop at Plaza Singapura but may have closed

I tried in Korea before I didn't think it was that great...

2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

n Hyena, there was also PPL for Alvolo pizza which looked quite good too. Any idea on this?

Hmm corn on pizza? That's quite interesting.

@SilverMoonTea I love this similar story of a man travelling with his cat!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

8 hours ago, Jane said:

Try it anyway to do a full comparison. I am curious! Haha!

Hahaha, ok! There is a Subway where I live, I'll have to stop by to order coffee next time. They are going to ask me if I want a sandwich and I'm going to tell them no, only your coffee please. :laugh:

6 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

i guess u guys have like only 3 months of hotness out of the 12 months in a year?

Haha, yes and no? It warms up around May and stays that way until beginning of September. Then we have mild warm weather. To be honest when everyone was talking about how they need to keep their thermostat around 27 degrees (80F), that's around our temps in the summer time. :eeeee:The highest it gets here is around 32 degrees (90F). In other areas of the US (where most of USA JH members are from), it gets hotter there than where I'm at. I get to experience all four seasons, but sometimes it feels like winter all the time. :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
On 3/21/2021 at 4:51 PM, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha I'm scared of being electrocuted as well so I don't use it but I've used it before it is nice. Any trusted brand to recommend? They should invent a cooling blanket too if they've electric blanket. LOL

Are you studying a degree course? Wouldn't that make you juggling between babysitting, studying, drama watching and housework? 

What an idea~ you should invent a cooling blanket and I'll buy it!! Especially during a very hot summer :brb: You would be very wrong to ask any trusted brand to me. I'm a cheap-skate person :lol: My current electric blanket was from Kogan errrrr... but so far it's working alright and it has like 9 heat settings. I'm afraid of being electrocuted too...but I really can't do without an electric blanket..it's the cheapest way compared to heater. 

You're right. I'm studying a degree course..and yes I have to juggle between those. But the one that suffers the most is housework...so if you have a tendency that can't tolerate mess...don't even dare to come to my house :PsyWhat: My house is soooo messy and kinda dirty (and no...I'm NOT exaggerating). Are there a lot of differences between Justice League's in the cinema and Zack Snyder's one? Hmm was Justice League in the cinema created by one of the marvel's producer?? Can't remember his name... but yes I would like to see it however I don't have access to it :( 

@Jane also not subscribing to Netflix so I can't watch Arashi diary :letalQQ: Hmm... Did I watch Arafes?? I think it was Arafes :P coz they had another concert after the one I watched...which was the last concert they had before their hiatus (and I was like..I should have just watched that one rather than Arafes hahahahahaha) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

On 3/21/2021 at 4:28 PM, katakwasabi said:

It's Master in the House day. Yay!!! 

I've just watched episode 162, which is the one before Rain. It's so funny too! @Mouse you've got to watch it too.

One of the masters, Lee Sang Min, I don't know him but read his bio on wikipedia. He doesn't sound so good though. His wife divorced him after a year for fraud, saying he made her pose nude for business and also bought cars under her name which she had to pay when he did not 😱 But she dropped the charges eventually. Still, I wonder how he is still accepted/respected in the industry.

22 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

For cat owner here... omg this is travel goal? 

22 hours ago, Jane said:

@SilverMoonTea I love this similar story of a man travelling with his cat!

These are so sweet. It's amazing that the Cats stay still too and don't run off.

19 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Is anyone checking out Zack Snyder's Justice League? It's completely different to the theatrical version (and it's 4 hours long). I haven't seen all of it yet, only jumped to see the bit when Superman is brought back (coz Superman is also Oppa). 

The movie Justice League was the one where all the superheroes were essentially useless, and only Superman could save them? 🙄😂

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@SnowBlob Hahaha I believe you especially when you've kids, I think you basically have to clean up after them every day. I know you said you are cheap skate but you should look into hiring a cleaner now that COVID has eased. I should too. I hate cleaning. The spiderwebs are everywhere where I can't reach or "see" where lights are hard to reach. I had a shock last weekend of the web it made on my wall.

Ahaha, yes, Joss Whedon who directed Buffy the Vampire Slayer and did 2 of Marvel's The Avengers. Technically Zack Snyder filmed MOST of the scenes already but there was a disagreement and Zack left. Joss took over, used only 10% of Zack's stuff and reshoot it. I haven't seen most of it coz I only cared about Superman's bit - the part where he came back to life and the heroes had to fight him was the same, but there were more added scenes. The ending bit where they all fought Steppanwolf was completely different (that's why I had to go read the internet and found out why it's all different). Critically it had positive reviews and was said to be better than the theatrical version.

@Chocolate LMAOOOO. Well, if you put it that way I cannot disagree which is why Superman is Forever Oppa because he is forever young, handsome and the strongest (except Henry Cavill has too much chest hair :laugh:). But hey, this is no different to Thanos from Avengers too. The superheroes were useless against Thanos. Technically Captain Marvel is the one with similar power to Superman who stood a chance against Thanos but noooo, all the boys need to fight Thanos and Ironman had to die. I honestly thought she was requested to return so she could be the one finishing off Thanos. Gaaaah. Anyway back to DC, my comic geek ex-colleague thinks Superman is boring because he's too strong, invincible (except for stupid Kryptonite) and too selfless. Not that I disagree especially after watching Christopher Nolan's Batman. Now I hope Robert Pattinson's Batman reboot will be good. Otherwise Christian Bale will remain my fave Batman.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1
16 hours ago, Tofu said:

Hahaha, ok! There is a Subway where I live, I'll have to stop by to order coffee next time. They are going to ask me if I want a sandwich and I'm going to tell them no, only your coffee please.

Maybe...get a cookie to go with that coffee too!

33 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

@Jane also not subscribing to Netflix so I can't watch Arashi diary :letalQQ: Hmm... Did I watch Arafes?? I think it was Arafes :P coz they had another concert after the one I watched...which was the last concert they had before their hiatus (and I was like..I should have just watched that one rather than Arafes hahahahahaha) 

Then yes I think you watched Arafes because they had a 31.12 concert! I am sure you can find Arashi's diary somewhere else. Go check your discord DM.

24 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

These are so sweet. It's amazing that the Cats stay still too and don't run off.

I know right! It's amazing how much they enjoy the ride too. Too cute lah seriously.

@JenL What's happening to LJW???

Edited by Jane
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Jane

News reported his contract of 3 years have expired. Took them long enough to report this because VAST had removed LJW's contents from their sites/SNS for the past couple of weeks. Fans became worried especially during this scandalous period.

@Chocolate Hahahahaha not Nolan's version though. Have you seen it? But to some extent, I agree he's weak because he's only human and I understand we all fantasize of having superpowers. I was so into X-men when the first movie came out, LOL! If you are able to have a power, what would it be??

---

I put the news article of LJW in translation engine and look what it came out as!

"Lee Jae-wook broke up with VAST Entertainment." :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1
7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

News reported his contract of 3 years have expired. Took them long enough to report this because VAST had removed LJW's contents from their sites/SNS for the past couple of weeks. Fans became worried especially during this scandalous period.

Ohhh! Is he implicated in rumours too? Or just that everything was silent so they got worried that there was something strange happening?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jane said:

Ohhh! Is he implicated in rumours too? Or just that everything was silent so they got worried that there was something strange happening?

Everything was silent. No rumours. Apparently LJW was left out of the video greetings for Lunar New Year and then recently his official SNS account, like the Twitter and fan cafe run by VAST were removed. His contents/posts etc were also removed from VAST IG, Naver and his profile gone from VAST website. So everyone thought it was strange/fishy and worried if there's something going on bts we don't know about. Still I think is fishy because usually before leaving it would have been reported that this actor is leaving and is currently being scouted by A, B, C agencies etc. But not LJW.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Shocked 1
12 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

If you are able to have a power, what would it be??

---

I put the news article of LJW in translation engine and look what it came out as!

"Lee Jae-wook broke up with VAST Entertainment."

I just want Wonder Woman's body! 😋

So LJW has no new agency? HB fans also only recently discovered that he is missing from Vast's page just last week.

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

So everyone thought it was strange/fishy and worried if there's something going on bts we don't know about. Still I think is fishy because usually before leaving it would have been reported that this actor is leaving and is currently being scouted by A, B, C agencies etc. But not LJW.

That is indeed strange. Like how the GOT7 boys all had news of potential agencies even before their JYP contracts officially expired.

• Like 3