Havenites Dabang

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Maybe I need to eat chill pills, recently all the dramas I watched drive me nuts... lols.

This is the reason I like watching sweet mindless rom-coms that are super predictable to balance out all the angsty mind boggling stuff I am watching! 

1 hour ago, Dhakra said:

ife's good. Cases are rising again and the lockdown will be hardened, but from my pov I am doing good, nothing to complain about. 

Oh nooo. Vaccinations have started right? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@ChocolateI'm also frustated and a bit aggitated with this ep 13 Sisyphus... The episode felt so long. :shocked2:

Maybe I need to eat chill pills, recently all the dramas I watched drive me nuts... lols.

Haha. First time I watched half on that night and the rest the next day. It was soooo slow moving. Will write more on the thread later.

Re the harem drama

Spoiler

Now that the drama has ended, here’s my rant. Cc @ktcjdrama

I’m sorry but I found Hou Ye wimpy. He cannot manage his harem AND his mother 😂

Shi Yi Niang - the first time she got the Xiu Shu, I was like serve you right! She had more important things to do and yet continued to be involved in the embroidery shop. It was a reckless and unnecessary risk. It lacked foresight.

She was also purported to have the smarts to handle difficult situations. But she only holds the fort - every time she needs to be rescued by Hou Ye 😅

And really, these two are so insensitive and inconsiderate. When they decided to let the SIL rear the brother’s illegitimate son, they should have explained to Qin Niang. After all she had specially asked to have the child. Then they did the same when they decided to send Wen Niang’s son far away to school. Hou Ye has never communicated with his concubines. But Shi Yi Niang, since she is supposed to be so understanding and heading the harem, should have known better.

Compared to Yanxi Palace and the good HK harem dramas, the issues this harem faced are like childs play. Sigh, I found this script lacking.

The highlight is the drama thread here moves quite fast and there is a lot of sharing and good insights/viewpoints. It’s impressive.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
9 hours ago, JenL said:

But is that the other way around? Ice-cream flavoured popcorn? :laugh:

End result should taste the same...theoretically....HAHAHHA :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

This is the reason I like watching sweet mindless rom-coms that are super predictable to balance out all the angsty mind boggling stuff I am watching! 

Mmm I enjoy the super sweet rom-coms to balance out the serial murders too :idk:

But rom-coms still have to have good characters and pacing. I can't just watch romance if other things are lacking.

7 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I’m sorry but I found Hou Ye wimpy. He cannot manage his harem AND his mother 😂

Hou Ye has never communicated with his concubines.

Haven't watched this series, but I feel like this happens in every harem drama :laugh: And that's why I never watch them because the battles between Mother/ First wife/ Concubines and lack of communication or understanding by the man into his family's lives causes me great frustration. Also I always think of guys can't manage their own family's dramas, how are they also managing a country/ city/ town at the same time? :idk:

52 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

End result should taste the same...theoretically....HAHAHHA :laugh:

Hahaha, you have a point. You just want the 2 flavours together...unless you wanted the ice-cream texture then you might be sad...:thinking::laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

16 hours ago, JenL said:

Very good point :cool: Helps me to justify fine dining also! Though don't normally spend on films.

Well, carpe diem is one of the mottos I am going with for this life of mine. :GengarCool: Or YOLO. I don't wanna be like haraboji in Navillera regretting later I hadn't experienced things I wanted to experience when young.

16 hours ago, JenL said:

Hehehe I have to catch up to @Jane on A Piece of Your Mind But maybe she's already finished?!

Hahahaha, if you binge the whole day today. I'm sure you can catch up to her. Last she reported she was stuck on episode 6.

16 hours ago, JenL said:

I feel like Popcorn ice cream does exist. It's probably be a fancy, gourmet ice-cream flavour at Messina Gelato or Pidapipo or Piccolino. Have you been before?

@TRaNz might know a place with Popcorn ice cream 

Not the same. These already mixed together. You want the popcorn to be fresh & warm and then eat it with the ice cream.

@TRaNz I had McD for dinner last night. Soooooo lazy to even boil a pot of water! :laugh:

Now I don't know what to eat for lunch! And I did remember you telling me about Fish & Chips during Easter time.

What about you? Gone for any nice meal last night?

----

Happy Easter to those who celebrate.

609165470-tumblr_mkid4hArRr1qidzr6o1_r3_

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 7
5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Not the same. These already mixed together. You want the popcorn to be fresh & warm and then eat it with the ice cream.

@TRaNz I had McD for dinner last night. Soooooo lazy to even boil a pot of water! :laugh:

Now I don't know what to eat for lunch! And I did remember you telling me about Fish & Chips during Easter time.

What about you? Gone for any nice meal last night?

hahahaha, wooowwwww....then I have no idea for popcorn ice cream then. hhaha

Last nite I stayed home and just put together my new PC and played games like a kid.

Dont think Ill be going out to a nice place for another 2 weeks. I havent got anything planned. Just busy with other things in life.

Proud of you for having Maccas though. hahaha. I had Maccas yesterday for lunch.

Today we had like....ummm... sushi, raw salmon and other seafood for lunch. Tonight will just be Fish and Chips.

But yes, every Fish and Chip outlet tonite will be jam packeedd with people. hahahaha

Weather is gorgeous this long weekend though. I need to get out sometime so I don't feel like I wasted it. haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

On 3/31/2021 at 8:06 PM, JenL said:

@Jane @mademoiselle I finally started A Piece of your Mind. It's pretty and the leads are lovely so far. I finally understand what Jane meant about the lighting. It's so dreamy and soft. I'm a little confused about the story so far, but it's episode 1 so I'm guessing it'll sort itself out!! But yessss.....so aesthetic:heart: Have you finished Jane?

Yay, you started! I am currently on Ep 8. Watching this drama on start and stop is not good. I forgot everything that happened leading up to it, and because it was so subtle I am kinda confused again as to how the leads got to this place. Drama gods, give me the energy and concentration to power through the last set of eps this weekend!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, TRaNz said:

hahahaha, wooowwwww....then I have no idea for popcorn ice cream then. hhaha

Last nite I stayed home and just put together my new PC and played games like a kid.

Dont think Ill be going out to a nice place for another 2 weeks. I havent got anything planned. Just busy with other things in life.

Proud of you for having Maccas though. hahaha. I had Maccas yesterday for lunch.

Today we had like....ummm... sushi, raw salmon and other seafood for lunch. Tonight will just be Fish and Chips.

But yes, every Fish and Chip outlet tonite will be jam packeedd with people. hahahaha

Weather is gorgeous this long weekend though. I need to get out sometime so I don't feel like I wasted it. haha

Ohhh jelly. I love new PC. Everything runs faster when it's new and there's no junk built up. Mine's been playing up a bit. Got me worried the HDD might die, looking at Task Manager → Performance, the HDD goes up to 100%. But after a windows update and a few tweak following Google the 100% comes back down now.

I was also looking at a new desktop but didn't end up clicking BUY. Might look into again few months down the track. I really don't want to experience another use till it dies situation. Did you build your own or buy a desktop and set it up?

I had Fish & Chips for lunch. They didn't have grilled fish burger. I prefer grilled over fried. It wasn't jam packed this afternoon. I haven't had Macca for a while and been wanting some french fries to be honest, LOL.

3 hours ago, Jane said:

Yay, you started! I am currently on Ep 8. Watching this drama on start and stop is not good. I forgot everything that happened leading up to it, and because it was so subtle I am kinda confused again as to how the leads got to this place. Drama gods, give me the energy and concentration to power through the last set of eps this weekend!

@Jane Ah, so you have progressed 2 more episodes. Go go go! I wonder how @JenL going with it. Hehe. Unlike me, I had wanted to dedicate 4 hours to watch Zack Snyder's Justice League but ended up sleeping till now.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 7
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Ohhh jelly. I love new PC. Everything runs faster when it's new and there's no junk built up. Mine's been playing up a bit. Got me worried the HDD might die, as Task Manager → Performance, the HDD goes up to 100%. But after a windows update and a few tweak following Google the 100% comes back down now.

I was also looking at a new desktop but didn't end up clicking BUY. Might look into again few months down the track. I really don't want to experience another use till it dies situation. Did you build your own or buy a desktop and set it up?

I had Fish & Chips for lunch. They didn't have grilled fish burger. I prefer grilled over fried. It wasn't jam packed this afternoon. I haven't had Macca for a while and been wanting some french fries to be honest, LOL.

Nah, I prefer compiling individual parts and putting it together myself. its more fun. hehehe.

Custommmm...bank account killer...LOL!

Honestly, maybe you just need to move from a HDD to SSD, improve daily usage and performance. 

But yeah precompiled PCs are also good, saves you from picking and figuring what works with what.

Should have seen it during dinner time. LOL...shops were overflowing. Good for their business though.

Maccas fries are always a winner in my books....just like majority of their menu......well im sure everyone already knows that. hahaha

Spent the arvo and evening washing and drying and cleaning the car so i can drive it nice and clean for one day.....well half a day before it gets dusty...damm dark colored cars....ahhahaha

Hope you guys are enjoying the long Easter weekend. :heart:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Jane Ah, so you have progressed 2 more episodes. Go go go! I wonder how @JenL going with it. Hehe. Unlike me, I had wanted to dedicate 4 hours to watch Zack Snyder's Justice League but ended up sleeping till now.

I am now at 8.5! :SquirtleWonderfull:

How's everybody been? It was office week so I disappeared again. Next week, we start working on a 75% schedule. So 3 days in the office, 2 days at home (Mon, Thurs for me). Honestly, I wish we just kept on 50-50. It just feels more consistent to alternate between home and office on a weekly basis. Oh wells...the bright spot for being at home at Thursdays means I don't have to rush home for Hospital Playlist content!

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

3 hours ago, TRaNz said:

Nah, I prefer compiling individual parts and putting it together myself. its more fun. hehehe. Custommmm...bank account killer...LOL!

Honestly, maybe you just need to move from a HDD to SSD, improve daily usage and performance. 

But yeah precompiled PCs are also good, saves you from picking and figuring what works with what.

Should have seen it during dinner time. LOL...shops were overflowing. Good for their business though.

Maccas fries are always a winner in my books....just like majority of their menu......well im sure everyone already knows that. hahaha

Spent the arvo and evening washing and drying and cleaning the car so i can drive it nice and clean for one day.....well half a day before it gets dusty...damm dark colored cars....ahhahaha

Ahh, you know PC enough to put hardwares together. I'm tempted to know how much yours cost coz boy, I've got my eyes on two that cost between 2.5k - 2.6k (because it's 11th Gen CPU). I'm still sitting on this for now. You've mentioned games so I figured you've built a high specs one which can be super costly.

Oh yes, I do need to move my OS into an SSD. That's my (future) plan because my current motherboard can't support SSD. Since I don't know hardware parts well enough and their compatibilities, I can only rely on pre-compiled ones.

How come it's dinner time that they swarmed to the fish & chips but not lunchtime?

Agreed on dark coloured cars, that's why I bought silver colour. Bird poo and tree saps are my worst enemy though.

---

Hello @mirmz & @NiteWalker Happy Easter~

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Ahh, you know PC enough to put hardwares together. I'm tempted to know how much yours cost coz boy, I've got my eyes on two that cost between 2.5k - 2.6k (because it's 11th Gen CPU). I'm still sitting on this for now. You've mentioned games so I figured you've built a high specs one which can be super costly.

Oh yes, I do need to move my OS into an SSD. That's my (future) plan because my current motherboard can't support SSD. Since I don't know hardware parts well enough and their compatibilities, I can only rely on pre-compiled ones.

How come it's dinner time that they swarmed to the fish & chips but not lunchtime?

Agreed on dark coloured cars, that's why I bought silver colour. Bird poo and tree saps are my worst enemy though.

---

yeah PC parts have gone up since covid. shortages of making them and demand is more than usual. So not really the best of times, but if you reallllly want one (like me) just do it. Worst part was the graphics card. Things are worth almost double of what they originally should be. Im still reusing an older card since im not forking out 2.2k for just a graphics card. haha. Dang system build has hit 2k already.

Surely your motherboard should be able to connect a simple 2.5" SSD. My old 11 year old PC setup did. Unless youre trying to get them M.2 sized SSD's that plug onto the motherboard, then thats a different story.

But anyway, low hassles, less stress on working out what works and doesnt work, just check out a precompiled PC. :smile:

For most people, lunchtime is like BBQs, going out and doing things with friends and family. So dinner time, people just get lazy and order food. Hence you see more people buying during dinner time. Not saying everyone does it, but thats just the general consensus.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

7 hours ago, TRaNz said:

yeah PC parts have gone up since covid. shortages of making them and demand is more than usual. So not really the best of times, but if you reallllly want one (like me) just do it.

Ah good point! I'm definitely not in a rush to get a new one anymore since the HDD is no longer acting up. My main concern before was sudden death of the HDD but now the windows update or tweaking seem to have fixed the problem so the upgrade can definitely wait a bit longer. Will the price drop when we go back to normal "normal"?

7 hours ago, TRaNz said:

Things are worth almost double of what they originally should be. Im still reusing an older card since im not forking out 2.2k for just a graphics card. haha. Dang system build has hit 2k already.

Wow, 2k graphics card! That's a gamer graphics card. The cheapest pre-built was a 1.6k using 10th gen CPU on Dell website. I'm pretty sure 5 years ago, I got a decent one only for ~$950-$1000.

7 hours ago, TRaNz said:

Surely your motherboard should be able to connect a simple 2.5" SSD. My old 11 year old PC setup did. Unless youre trying to get them M.2 sized SSD's that plug onto the motherboard, then thats a different story.

Oooh I think mine can plug onto the motherboard based on some research as it does have an SSD slot. I'll have to install Windows 10 onto it which I've never done before on a completely empty drive. I'm seeing people saying after installation, mirror the existing boot drive with the (Samsung - that person's SSD is Samsung brand) software to new ssd then change the boot sequence during the startup. No experience for this too but I think I might be able to learn it via YouTube. Thanks for pointing this out! :taebtsthanks:

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
On 4/2/2021 at 1:08 PM, mademoiselle said:

Well, carpe diem is one of the mottos I am going with for this life of mine. :GengarCool: Or YOLO. I don't wanna be like haraboji in Navillera regretting later I hadn't experienced things I wanted to experience when young.

It's true, you gotta live your life to the fullest and eat all the things you want to eat in your youth before they tell you your blood pressure is too high :lenny: Well, I fully intend to do that anyway :MewHi:

On 4/2/2021 at 1:08 PM, mademoiselle said:

Hahahaha, if you binge the whole day today. I'm sure you can catch up to her. Last she reported she was stuck on episode 6.

On 4/2/2021 at 7:29 PM, Jane said:

Yay, you started! I am currently on Ep 8. 

On 4/2/2021 at 8:28 PM, mademoiselle said:

Wow...go @Jane! You're going well even with the starting and stopping. Since this series has only 12 episodes you are 2/3 of the way finished if you think about it...Are you enjoying the series? @mademoiselle I'm on episode 5 now. I do enjoy it... But the story is told in such a strange way....haha, I can't believe the female lead has a crush on male lead because of the way he's in love with second female lead, who is dead (at episode 4). What a triangle. Though I guess I understand she likes the sense of loyalty and care he has towards her? :idk:

On 4/2/2021 at 10:48 PM, TRaNz said:

Hope you guys are enjoying the long Easter weekend. :heart:

Hope you're having a good Easter weekend too! Sounds productive washing your car. I should wash all my blankets with this sunshine.

On 4/2/2021 at 10:56 PM, Jane said:

How's everybody been? It was office week so I disappeared again. Next week, we start working on a 75% schedule. So 3 days in the office, 2 days at home (Mon, Thurs for me). Honestly, I wish we just kept on 50-50. It just feels more consistent to alternate between home and office on a weekly basis. Oh wells...the bright spot for being at home at Thursdays means I don't have to rush home for Hospital Playlist content!

Hey! You and I have the same work from home schedules. We're also doing 3 days, but I tend to do more due to focusing more in the office than at home (Janghaven is a temptation :laugh:)

• Haha 7

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

10 hours ago, JenL said:

It's true, you gotta live your life to the fullest and eat all the things you want to eat in your youth before they tell you your blood pressure is too high :lenny: Well, I fully intend to do that anyway

Add high cholesterol and diabetes to that, my dear.

10 hours ago, JenL said:

I'm on episode 5 now. I do enjoy it... But the story is told in such a strange way....haha, I can't believe the female lead has a crush on male lead because of the way he's in love with second female lead, who is dead (at episode 4). What a triangle. Though I guess I understand she likes the sense of loyalty and care he has towards her?

It is weird. I did not think Ha Won obsessing over Ji Soo was healthy at all! Even though I get that he just wants half of half from her to motivate himself, it still somewhat feels creepy and stalkerish (but here it's been romantized). I also disagree using Seo Woo to get Ji Soo's voice. HOWEVER... I really enjoyed/loved the interactions between Ha Won and Seo Woo and how Ha Won slowly started to love Seo Woo. *spoiler alert if you haven't seen episode 6 (I think?)* When he tells her to stay beside him in the most sincere and honest way, that really flutter the heart. Them healing and supporting each other are the main reason that kept me watching. I also like that Seo Woo was enjoying having one-sided love and that she likes looking at Ha Won and agreed that it can be fun.

10 hours ago, JenL said:

I should wash all my blankets with this sunshine.

I'm not liking this hotness! It makes me sleepy.

@SilverMoonTea You're back to Japanese Oppa!

I'm sad that I'm down to one last Easter Monday! How did it get by so quickly?! :letalQQ::pandasadspoon:

• Like 6
5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm sad that I'm down to one last Easter Monday! How did it get by so quickly?! 

Do you mean you have a holiday on Monday too? I'm so envious!

To the admins, just want to ask if it is possible to block off a few pages in a thread (from your admin console) so that i can do for example, a topic per page. Or I have to reserve post by post. Thanks.

spacer.png

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

To the admins, just want to ask if it is possible to block off a few pages in a thread (from your admin console) so that i can do for example, a topic per page. Or I have to reserve post by post. Thanks.

I think it is not possible for us to block off pages. So you have to reserve post by post. You can go ahead & do that when you start off a thread. As our auto merging is within 10 minutes, you can put in a new post after 10 mins-  so you  just write "reserved" or something for every post. Go ahead & reserve as many as you need. Later if you really don't need it, tag me or one of the mods - I can delete it for you.

----------------
By the way , would be great if you guys can give us some ideas for any events you may want to have as well as badge requests. More here

And Happy Easter and Happy Holidays folks 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

I tried really hard to watch BE e13 and then I fell asleep. I woke up to see Han Gi Hwan is already at the hearing. :jiminbtssigh: Can't remember where I dozed off and definitely missed the bit that Han Gi Hwan recruited Lee Dong Shik. I still have e14, I don't know how I'll keep awake LOLLL

@Chocolate Yeah only 2 days so makes a long 4 days weekend. But I already wanna turn back time and restart this! :cry: Give me the power of superman or flash!!! I managed to dedicate 4 hours of my time & completed Justice League (Zack's version). Not bad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4