Havenites Dabang

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahahahahaha, if you are already so angry with A Piece of Your Mind then I don't know how angrier you will be if you were to watch Spring Night and Something in the Rain. I'd trade these with both Weather and Piece of Mind any time.

Haha, I have actively avoided Spring Night and Something in the Rain. There's a fine line between nostalgic/ aesthetic looking healing dramas and straight-out melodramas...and I cannot cross that line into the straight-out melodramas. I would rip my hair out from rage :pandarage2::laugh:

(sometimes I think I just like raging because I get to use that overheated panda emoji)

And bahahahaha @JenL has caught up on @Jane.

I am shocked too :lettalKWA: I don't know how I powered through it so quickly for me. But I think it's coz I wanted to clear my drama plate. I'm currently not watching anything!...But I'm about to start Taxi Driver :lenny:

All in all, I usually wouldn't recommend A Piece of Your Mind to just about anyone knowing it had so much flaws (which both of you had pointed out); however, I feel both Jung Hae In and Chae Soo Bin's chemistry and visual as the main OTP was just pure enjoyment, their interactions and them healing each other, as well as the friendship/relationship with the homestay lady. So I kind of think if you're looking for healing drama, this is still a nice one (and of course the other, better one, is When the Weather is Fine). I still think Ha Won x Seo Woo trumped Eun Seob x Hye Won. With A Piece of Your Mind, my major gripe  had to be the obsession (and screen focus) on Ji Soo for 6 long episodes. And I couldn't care less about Kang In Wook or Soon Ho too :GrowDerp:

I thought A Piece of Your Mind was watchable for the music/aesthetics/main leads, though story was lacking. The visuals of the main pair were good - I agree that Ha Won x Seo Woo are more natural looking as a couple compared to Eun Seob x Hye Won :BulbaOWO:, though I enjoyed When the Weather is Fine A LOT more because of the story being more likeable and making more sense, even in the more angsty parts of the story. Also I liked the charm of the book store and cute book club much more than the recording studio and the moody musicians which were mostly Kang In Wook. Even the annoying female character in When the Weather is Fine didn't annoy me as much as Ji Soo in A Piece of Your Mind, but I think she also got a lot less air time than Ji Soo. But I have seen the opposite said before - there's also people who liked A Piece of Your Mind  over When the Weather is Fine because Weather was apparently too slow for them.

1 hour ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

@abs-oluteM I hope you are OK. ☹ online teaching is safer. The good thing is you can still meet us here, no need for a mask in Janghaven lols.

Hahaha yay for Janghaven! This is how I feel here a lot of the time:

PLzlLBT.jpg

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I'm normally not judging cheater harshly

Hahaha your love for Before We Get Married taught me this :laugh:

Something In The Rain :GrowDerp: - deeply annoyed 

Also another lovey dovey too sweet couple that I can't munched. Idk I'm so annoyed they hold hand below table, while eating with other people. Idk too much PDA

I trust your descriptions...this sounds like more than I can handle too. I like cute, but I can't handle over the top mushy/ cheesey :shocked: You need to use both hands to eat dinner, you know :lenny:

57 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

She was a doormat and meek to her mother (bloody Do Hae Won congresswoman). She let her mum belittle JHI's character.

I LOL'd at your 'bloody Do Hae Won congresswoman' ...what can I say? She's got the face of a an controlling mother/ evil mother-in-law. She kinda reminds me of the Cruella de Vil look :laugh:

@abs-oluteM

Yeah I've been reading up on SYJ just now. Apparently Gold Medalist has finally release a statement to clarify.

Are those texts from Dispatch real?! :lettalKWA: People sure quick to believe them. But then I heard some staffers were talking about it too apparently?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

18 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

yeah...tomorrow will get swabbed. Sigh. Wish I didn't have too but for peace of mind, I decided to do it. When will your results be out?

Mine will likely be out tomorrow.. Here in sg I think once you have any of the symptoms the doctor will ask you to get a swab test done. 

I was quite nervous cos I heard from some people that it's painful and very uncomfortable. Lucky it took like 10 or so seconds only haha.. Though it felt a bit like my tears were literally being pushed out of my tear ducts lol

@Chocolate I just found out that 'Seobok' is finally being released in theatres! Thanks for all the updates. Will you be watching it in cinema??

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

@abs-oluteM Yep, indirectly confirmed they did dated.

@JenL Admittedly I was intrigued with the pairing when Something in the Rain was reported. It was OK in the beginning and then things just get worse. At the time I didn't like dropping dramas, so I persevered through it. Spring Night I was interested to see Hae In play a father but was disappointed how similar it was to Something in the Rain. I dropped it & picked it back up when I saw the scene where Han Ji Min covered Hae In's mouth and kabedon him (I think). Spring Night did a better job at not making its characters hateful like Something in the Rain. Wait, I take my word back, I forgot about the annoying ex-boyfriend who thinks he's better than JHI, his father and Han Ji Min's father. :PikachuFacePalm:

Do Hae Won actress did look similar to Cruella de Vil in Oddball Chef Moon, LOL! In there she's in the fashion world so her hair was all too colourful...

43 minutes ago, JenL said:

But I have seen the opposite said before - there's also people who liked A Piece of Your Mind  over When the Weather is Fine because Weather was apparently too slow for them.

I think @SilverMoonTea prefers A Piece of Mind over When the Weather is Fine. Yes? I like Weather more because as an overview, the execution and story are better. Weather is also more soothing because it's countryside and quiet.

43 minutes ago, JenL said:

Are those texts from Dispatch real?!

Real.

However it was pointed out she's lying because she said she studied abroad in Spain when she was on Knowing Bros. :idk:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1

@JenLROFL at your saying hands for eating haha... exactly! 

@mademoiselleYes I like APoYM more. Other than the ending, the piece quite loveable. 

Dating in normal setup already not easy. It seems for actors/actresses the challenge doubled up. 

@im0202@JaneSince wfo started, my energy depleted lols... I think my body haven't adjusted... totally no energy to watch drama in the night. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@mademoiselle GM's statement is 🙄 There is no sense of regret at all. I think mainly her fans are buying it.

This is exactly it.

And a lot more here from a (former?) reporter 9 months ago. I don't know who he is but from some BinJin fans, it seems he is credible and also he did a lovely video about BinJin 😂 So read with caution.

Now we wait if anyone comes forward with details of her school time.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
37 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I was thinking about it. Haven't stepped into a cinema for more than a year! 😂 I think we're quite safe right - not much community spread.

How about you?

Well once I’ve recovered from my flu symptoms I’m definitely going to watch it! So far I’ve only seen WW84 in theatres since... lol. Been eagerly anticipating Seobok ever since the cast was announced 😅

@SilverMoonTea Are you WFO every weekday already? Can’t say I understand cos wfh option didn’t apply to me in the first place 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
5 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Well once I’ve recovered from my flu symptoms I’m definitely going to watch it! So far I’ve only seen WW84 in theatres since... lol. Been eagerly anticipating Seobok ever since the cast was announced 😅

@SilverMoonTea Are you WFO every weekday already? Can’t say I understand cos wfh option didn’t apply to me in the first place 😂

I'm on roster.. in 1 wk need to come about 3-4 days. 

In first week I still put soft lenses and look decent. Second week I just grab whatever clothes in the morning and go with my glasses... ahaha.... 

@ChocolateI havent even finished harem drama, and I was the one pulling you to watch it... lols... sorry not sorry 😅🤣

• Haha 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

20 minutes ago, im0202 said:

I've been wanting to watch WW84 but can't find anywhere to stream for free 😂 Then I bought an iphone and it comes with a 1 year Apple TV subscription. And WW84 is on Apple TV, but still need to "rent" it for a few dollars to watch.

Hope you feel better soon! If you have flu symptoms, there should be mandatory 3-5 days MC?

12 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@ChocolateI havent even finished harem drama, and I was the one pulling you to watch it... lols... sorry not sorry 😅🤣

You so funny! 🔪 You made be waste 40 hours 😭😂 I'm never listening to you again you know...

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, Chocolate said:

Hope you feel better soon! If you have flu symptoms, there should be mandatory 3-5 days MC?

Thanks!! Yeah I got 3 days. Plus bonus got sent for swab test 😅😅😅 Can’t get a good rest cos I keep thinking about my work piling up since I’m supposed to stay home. And my work laptop is at my workplace too sigh...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2
3 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Thanks!! Yeah I got 3 days. Plus bonus got sent for swab test 😅😅😅 Can’t get a good rest cos I keep thinking about my work piling up since I’m supposed to stay home. And my work laptop is at my workplace too sigh...

Forget about work since you can't do anything about it anyway. Have a good rest and watch some dramas 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@JenL Admittedly I was intrigued with the pairing when Something in the Rain was reported. It was OK in the beginning and then things just get worse.

Hahaha I will avoid forever! No need to suffer when others have suffered and warned me :idk:

Do Hae Won actress did look similar to Cruella de Vil in Oddball Chef Moon, LOL! In there she's in the fashion world so her hair was all too colourful...

This woman never disappoints :laugh::laugh::laugh: I feel like I've warmed up to her as a villain since she meets all my expectations of her.

I think @SilverMoonTea prefers A Piece of Mind over When the Weather is Fine. Yes? I like Weather more because as an overview, the execution and story are better. Weather is also more soothing because it's countryside and quiet.

Real.

55 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@mademoiselleYes I like APoYM more. Other than the ending, the piece quite loveable. 

Interesting! I guess everyone has different things that speak to them. I agree with all the things @mademoiselle said. Also there may have been the charm of LJW too...:laugh:

36 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

@mademoiselle GM's statement is 🙄 There is no sense of regret at all. I think mainly her fans are buying it.

Wowwww... Thanks @mademoiselle and @Chocolate for the articles...just went to see what all the fuss was about and that is quite a mess.

Totally aware it's partly a smear campaign by his own agency...but even though I didn't see his old drama, the press con photos are very telling of how things went down - he wasn't even trying to act happy. Mental health is definitely an important issue, but I'm confused why he took on a project if it was that bad for him. And the texts...even if they were a joke, his actions during that time were always going to make this something that could be used against him later?? :lettalKWA:

And wow, Seo Ye Ji's texts are really something. I don't know what to think. I never thought her acting was that great from past films I'd seen her in. I wasn't a huge fan of IOTNBO, but I thought she did really, really did well in that character. But damn. Maybe she did well in that character because she is that character?! :poliWeird:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@im0202@JaneSince wfo started, my energy depleted lols... I think my body haven't adjusted... totally no energy to watch drama in the night. 

That's me. I just lie down and don't want to get up to do anything. Now you know why I have been so so so slow! 

@im0202Hello! It's been so long since I have seen you around here! Yes, please forget about work. You must train your mind to shut down too.

I knew @JenLwould catch up with me. My watching speed is ridiculously slow. I tell myself to power through it each weekend but somehow I end up doing other things and I forget about it! 

21 hours ago, JenL said:

This is a good theory - about her needing to look after someone like the plants...though in one of the episodes, she says she wishes someone would water her and give her sunlight...my thoughts were...if you want to be looked after, maybe don't look for someone who is completely broken and drowning in their own sorrows! 

I missed that line. But gahhh it's really some kind of fatal attraction with her.

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I feel both Jung Hae In and Chae Soo Bin's chemistry and visual as the main OTP was just pure enjoyment, their interactions and them healing each other, as well as the friendship/relationship with the homestay lady.

It's a great introduction to this two actors honestly. I really like them and I hope they have better dramas in the future. Jung Hae-in, sigh. His choice of dramas...

Okay JH Fam - Weightlighting Fairy yay or nay? I want a cute, cheerful watch next. Plus I still have River on the backburner too.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Jane said:

Okay JH Fam - Weightlighting Fairy yay or nay? I want a cute, cheerful watch next. Plus I still have River on the backburner too.

Definitely watch. Must watch if you like cheerful and cute college/ sports romance stories. It's got very good, consistent story progression and pacing. Issues are resolved quickly (no drag from memory) and the characters are all very heart-warming, funny and likeable...even the angst did not get me down. The chemistry between the leads is quite strong, though they cheated because they were actually dating when this was filmed :laugh: It's in my top 5 of K-Dramas! :heart:

9 minutes ago, Jane said:

I knew @JenLwould catch up with me. My watching speed is ridiculously slow. I tell myself to power through it each weekend but somehow I end up doing other things and I forget about it!

Hahaha, I still remember when it took us months and months to finish Twogether 

We needed to enjoy Seung Gi and Jasper sloooowwwly :BulbaOWO:

@SilverMoonTea and @Tofu thought we had problems :laugh:

I am normally slow. Not sure what happened. Covid trained me to be a more consistent drama watcher? :idk:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

7 minutes ago, JenL said:

It's in my top 5 of K-Dramas

Wow, really?! Okay then I guess I must watch it now!

8 minutes ago, JenL said:

We needed to enjoy Seung Gi and Jasper sloooowwwly 

@SilverMoonTea and @Tofu thought we had problems 

I am normally slow. Not sure what happened. Covid trained me to be a more consistent drama watcher?

IKR. They were so shocked at us! Funny story, my friend discovered Twogether recently and she was like "the two guys you like are in a show together". I am like, "BRO HELLO I FINISHED THIS MONTHS AGO. GO WATCH NOW."

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Jane said:

I am like, "BRO HELLO I FINISHED THIS MONTHS AGO. GO WATCH NOW."

Hahaha you and I still beat some people at least :pandachamp: 

10 minutes ago, Jane said:

Wow, really?! Okay then I guess I must watch it now!

Hahaha I hope I haven't set the bar too high and you hate it :laugh: Most people I know have loved it - at least several of my friends. The few people on the internet who didn't like it have pretty much all said they don't like slice of life genre  (But I think you like it!)

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

5 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahaha I hope I haven't set the bar too high and you hate it. Most people I know have loved it - at least several of my friends. The few people on the internet who didn't like it have pretty much all said they don't like slice of life genre  (But I think you like it!)

Don't worry, I trust your taste! I will report back on my thoughts as I watch!

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

15 hours ago, Jane said:

Yay from me . Watched it twice. Light and heartwarming coming of age show. @Dhakra who is Mr Picky watches it almost every year.

----------------

Hmmmmm not sure if this is some sort of witch hunt but shocking

What is truth or not...hard to tell

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@Chocolate @JenL @abs-oluteM KJH has made a statement. He apologised for everything (this seems to always be the formula in SK though. Too bad he's too old to hide in the army I think) and now we will wait and see whether he'll be able to make a return. Honestly this shouldn't be something that is so unforgiven and ruin his acting career because drugs, sexual harassment, rape, cheating and the recent bully (if true) are way worse.

I'm also more at awe that Dispatch once again got away from exposing private messages/life of the celebs. They should be sued. They must have very strong sponsor/backing.

18 hours ago, Jane said:

It's a great introduction to this two actors honestly. I really like them and I hope they have better dramas in the future. Jung Hae-in, sigh. His choice of dramas...

Is A Piece of Your Mind the first drama of Jung Hae In? He was cute in While You Were Sleeping. I agree his drama choices hadn't been the best. The next one is a bit questionable too since the whole nation is going to watch it with a magnifier (or microscope)... :jiminbtssigh:

---

Okay, I'm gonna go watch Navillera and eat... I'm scared coz I know water tap will break again.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 6

@mademoiselle I think what Dispatch did is an intrusion of privacy. I wonder how strong the privacy / data protection act is in SK?

Whatever it is , two actors’ reputation & career damaged even if they aren’t true. My Korean students always tell me that in SK, society judges harsher than the law :pandablank:

• Like 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

30 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle I think what Dispatch did is an intrusion of privacy. I wonder how strong the privacy / data protection act is in SK?

Whatever it is , two actors’ reputation & career damaged even if they aren’t true. My Korean students always tell me that in SK, society judges harsher then the law :pandablank:

Yeah. Dispatch is always violating the celebrities' privacy. They are paparazzi but they always get away with exposing dating celebs. Not sure about privacy law or data protection act. If they can get away with it, it must be sh*t. I think Search WWW may have covered a bit of this but I can't remember.

• Like 6
7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Honestly this shouldn't be something that is so unforgiven and ruin his acting career because drugs, sexual harassment, rape, cheating and the recent bully (if true) are way worse.

I agree with this. I mean, it was poor behaviour for sure, but I think he was making up for it in other dramas by being extra good to his co-stars - he seemed to get along with CLOY and Mr Queen casts. And you're right, there's so many other much more terrible things a person would do as a person in power/ with celebrity status that this seems small in the scheme of things. :idk:

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm also more at awe that Dispatch once again got away from exposing private messages/life of the celebs. They should be sued. They must have very strong sponsor/backing.

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Whatever it is , two actors’ reputation & career damaged even if they aren’t true. My Korean students always tell me that in SK, society judges harsher than the law 

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Yeah. Dispatch is always violating the celebrities' privacy. They are paparazzi but they always get away with exposing dating celebs. Not sure about privacy law or data protection act. If they can get away with it, it must be sh*t.

Yeah, I was surprised that this came from their text messages and Dispatch is not being sued or criticised - I mean that would involve either hacking or tapping into their phones...and I'm pretty sure they would not have consented to this. Also, they dug up messages from years ago? :lettalKWA:

Well, I'm not one to easily believe in conspiracy theories, but I do think this idea makes some sense, (but still taking it with a grain of salt.) It is said that things like celebrity gossip often protect people like politicians and business people. Wouldn't be surprised if they help back things like Dispatch so that they can drop news when they need to distract the masses from bad political or business news :idk: I mean, this news seems old, though it's juicy coz both celebrities are big names now.

It's either that, or that are a lot of media law and privacy law loopholes in Korea!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yay from me . Watched it twice. Light and heartwarming coming of age show. @Dhakra who is Mr Picky watches it almost every year.

Wow okay! Sounds like it's a big favourite among everyone!

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Is A Piece of Your Mind the first drama of Jung Hae In? He was cute in While You Were Sleeping. I agree his drama choices hadn't been the best. The next one is a bit questionable too since the whole nation is going to watch it with a magnifier (or microscope)...

Yep, my first one. I will probably watch his movie Tune In For Love too (it's on my NF list). The next one is going to be really weird, I will definitely give that one a miss. 

Another possible take on the KJH messages is that he could have sent it to his agency for use when they needed info to limit the damages incurred when he dropped out of it and they leaked it to Dispatch as part of this whole mess.

Edited by Jane
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

On 4/13/2021 at 10:15 PM, JenL said:

We needed to enjoy Seung Gi and Jasper sloooowwwly 

Haha, I've just watched episode 1. My thought - why don't they just use google translate? 😂

20 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate @JenL @abs-oluteM KJH has made a statement. He apologised for everything (this seems to always be the formula in SK though. Too bad he's too old to hide in the army I think) and now we will wait and see whether he'll be able to make a return. Honestly this shouldn't be something that is so unforgiven and ruin his acting career because drugs, sexual harassment, rape, cheating and the recent bully (if true) are way worse.

KJH made a handwritten statement where he apologised to Time FL and staff/writers. Notice he didn't apologise to Seo Ye Ji? (as demanded by her agency) 😂 I feel it's a good statement. It's straight to the point. He acknowledges his mistake and doesn't give excuses.

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/kim-junghyun-apology-seohyun-time/

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/kim-junghyun-mental-health-status/

My opinion of all these bullying etc. incidents is we cannot expect every artiste to be nice and kind. They should not have to be perfect. But if their basic nature is evil (Jisoo's one is really bad and there are still rumours that he is still awful on set now), then I as a viewer would like to know. Because I definitely do not want to watch such actors and do not want them to be successful (it's like such a miscarriage of justice). Whereas the Uncanny Counter actor who stood up to defend himself, hats off to him 👏.

I've not read in detail, but how the actor handles the issue shows a lot too. Of course most times the agencies are the ones guiding it, but for important issues, a decent person would retain some control over it. If the actor doesn't agree with the agency's statement and still lets it be published, that says something about the actor too. So Seo Ye Ji's statement where she pushes the blame to KJH... 🙄

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1