Havenites Dabang

9 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I like dark chocolate, Mars, Ion, Galaxy, and chocolate cake. And those: black forest, eclairs, and truffles 

But I try to control it to avoid weight gain lol.

Haha, you and I will never fight over the chocolate 😆 Except maybe the eclairs 😂 I like milk chocolate with nuts and good ole plain chocolate cakes 😍

But the weight gain 😭

55 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

oh i love choc too lols though i dont always have them in the fridge...doesn work....it will be gone before i get to them :x

Pssst, have a fridge in your own room. Have to be selfish sometimes 😂

When I was in school and went to friends' homes. They always have such nice cookie jars on display. I tried it at home but it's gone in a day. And now have to wash that jar. So lesson learnt, just leave it in the original packing. 😅

Chocolate-cookies-in-a-glass-jar.jpg

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Tasty 1
53 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

When I was in school and went to friends' homes. They always have such nice cookie jars on display. I tried it at home but it's gone in a day. And now have to wash that jar. So lesson learnt, just leave it in the original packing. 😅

er not healthy le....

those radiation from the fridge is not good for our body....

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

So I had this student who came to my lecture  on Friday , and she tested positive on Sunday.  So now I am on quarantine :pandascared:  . Though we were both masked up , and she was 2 or 3 meters away , it’s still nerve wrecking . Now it’s back to online teaching for me . 

• Sad 2
  • Shocked 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Just now, mademoiselle said:

Omg @abs-oluteM

Take care!

Should you get tested as well?

We’re waiting for directives from ministry of education & health since we’re a college / uni. The private hospital I called up ask me to wait because we may need to test in Govt assigned facility. They want the database not to be messed up or some rubbish like that.  But they are so slow . My student said she was supposed to be picked up by ambulance today to go to hospital, but she’s still at home . Anyway i hv checked out a place that I can do drive thru testing. So if I get no response from the Govt , I’ll get tested myself privately 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

23 hours ago, JenL said:

And now that I just finished Episode 10, I must vent to all you who have watched it @Jane @mademoiselle @SilverMoonTea...Arghhhhh!!!!! I feel such raaaggggeeeee :pandarage2:  If not yet up to episode 10 and don't want spoilers for A Piece of You Mind don't read below...

I just finished Ep 10. I am not raging but I am so confused at everyone's actions. Only Ha-won is consistent. But then again this may be me having intervals between watching so I don't remember why everyone is doing what they are doing. And also the script where everyone talks in circles or without definite references. Firstly his colleague - why on earth did he not just show Ha-won the letter already if he's going to change his mind later and tell him to go see KIW? Actually how did he know about KIW is Ji-soo's husband? Was that in the letter, I don't remember! Why did he tell Soon-ho about the letter, and then Soon-ho tells Seo-woo and then everybody not wanting to tell Ha-won. OMG that drove me crazy because the letter was meant to be private. I can't understand why Seo-woo wouldn't want to tell him and hold on to the secret herself, isn't that just lying to him on a daily basis? How could she have lived with herself about that.

I gave a big loud "what" when Soon-ho confessed to liking KIW. Even though I knew it was coming. I guess she's attracted to people she can heal and take of? Which makes sense with her plants hobby, taking care of them constantly for them to bloom. I think she was pretty irrational at the last bit for not letting Ha-won talk to KIW and to take the latter's side. Goodness, the hurt and betrayal in Ha-won's face then. And it's not like KIW didn't see Ha-won there, he did and he's already affected by it.

Ha-won and Seo-woo are adorable together but it feels like there will be some last two episode angst to get through, with the revelations coming? I hope she fesses up about taking Ji-soo's recorder thingy. And what is up with recorder thingy, the plot seems to have dropped on that? Eun-joo's housemates continue to adorable and they are really such a family now. If I ever lived abroad, I hope I can find a place like that.

CC: @mademoiselle @SilverMoonTea

Hmm, my next drama. I think I need a tempo change after this one. So I am going to keep When The Weather Was Fine for another time. I am thinking of Weightlifting Fairy since it's on Netflix.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Jane said:

I just finished Ep 10. I am not raging but I am so confused at everyone's actions. Only Ha-won is consistent. But then again this may be me having intervals between watching so I don't remember why everyone is doing what they are doing.

So I just finished A Piece of Your Mind and don't worry @Jane, it's not the gaps in your watching that makes it confusing! I definitely feel that the logic in the plot went south in the last few episodes. :lenny: Like I have no idea why half the characters did what they did - their motives didn't really make sense to me.

11 hours ago, Jane said:

Firstly his colleague - why on earth did he not just show Ha-won the letter already if he's going to change his mind later and tell him to go see KIW? Actually how did he know about KIW is Ji-soo's husband? Was that in the letter, I don't remember! Why did he tell Soon-ho about the letter, and then Soon-ho tells Seo-woo and then everybody not wanting to tell Ha-won. 

Yeah I was entirely confused about why he hid the letter only to tell him about the contents later on. It made no sense whatsoever. However, I feel he was in on the know with Ji Soo dramas since they've been friends for a long time and in earlier episodes he already seemed to know Soon Ho and family, implying he knew the struggles HW has had with JS.

11 hours ago, Jane said:

I gave a big loud "what" when Soon-ho confessed to liking KIW. Even though I knew it was coming. I guess she's attracted to people she can heal and take of? Which makes sense with her plants hobby, taking care of them constantly for them to bloom. I think she was pretty irrational at the last bit for not letting Ha-won talk to KIW and to take the latter's side. Goodness, the hurt and betrayal in Ha-won's face then. And it's not like KIW didn't see Ha-won there, he did and he's already affected by it.

This is a good theory - about her needing to look after someone like the plants...though in one of the episodes, she says she wishes someone would water her and give her sunlight...my thoughts were...if you want to be looked after, maybe don't look for someone who is completely broken and drowning in their own sorrows! :idk:

11 hours ago, Jane said:

Ha-won and Seo-woo are adorable together but it feels like there will be some last two episode angst to get through, with the revelations coming?

The last two episodes dragged a lot for me.. Still, it wasn't a terrible ending and it was a pretty watch...I just don't know if the storyline was my cup of tea in the end. 

Thought for the last episode (spoilers so look away if not up to it) :pandablind:

I have to agree with @SilverMoonTea's opinions. I don't know why they dragged out the last episode and made SW so sad about the device and HW "saving" KIW. It just seemed melodramatic and it was a bit of a makjang move to introduce a "let's have a break" in the final episode, especially since there was no real reason to be upset. Sure the Ji Soo request to 'destroy' her was very abrupt...but I thought it was so weird that she didn't think of the fact that if she didn't open the device, Ji Soo would essentially not exist? :thinking: It felt like a waste of time that could have been spent giving more us SW and HW time together. And it didn't really gel the story well together in my opinion. Also in the end, the devices seemed kind of useless - we were never shown a great deal of how they healed people and it seemed weird to make devices of people who were still alive? At least with JS's device it was the memory of some who passed away and helped those grieving for her?

Summary of the good and bad things of A Piece of Your Mind (no massive spoilers- just general stuff)

Good

- I think I was charmed by the piano music. I really like dramas around classical music and this drama drew me in with the 'Je te Veux' (I want you) piano piece by Erik Satie. Admittedly, I already liked the piece from Dodosolsollalasol , but it's such a lovely song. I also really liked the 'Number One' piece that Kang In Wook wrote for Ji Soo. It was such a sad beautiful song.

-Dreamy aesthetics, including soft light and lots of snow and plants

-Chae Soo Bin and Jung Hae In - their slow burn, mild romance was so lovely.

-Eunjoo homestay family was cute too - how the 4 of them healed each other was heartwarming

-The device was interesting

Bad

- The character's motives were not very logical at all! Towards the end, even SW's motives were very erratic.

-JS, KIW, HW triangle drove me crazy especially because JS and KIW were such angsty characters, JS also kept haunting them through the device. KIW was so damn moody the entire 12 episodes. I felt like their issues were also very circular - there wasn't much development to unfold except that singular mystery with why he harmed the mum.

- Soon Ho was such wasted potential. She did stop being annoying, but she didn't get a cool storyline.

- The mother's storyline being tied with JS's story sort of took away from HW and SW

But still I'm glad I watched it and don't have to be curious anymore. Thanks @mademoiselle for the recommendation.

11 hours ago, Jane said:

When The Weather Was Fine for another time. I am thinking of Weightlifting Fairy since it's on Netflix.

Both are great dramas and have much better storylines than this one. Weather is Fine does have angst, so yeah might be better to have a break. Weightlifting Fairy is one of my favourite dramas - the pacing and story telling is so good...and it's light-hearted, warm and cute for a college story sports drama :CharmanderYay::hearties::heart:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@abs-oluteM - I hope that since the exposure was short, you will be ok and not develop any symptoms!

I mentioned this on discord already, but thought I should also say it here -- please still be cautious after you get the vaccine. A friend of mine was considered fully vaccinated and she ended up testing positive for COVID last week. Since she was not practicing good safety precautions after she got vaccinated, she went to a lot of places and could have possibly got some of those people around her sick too. She feels pretty terrible about it and was a good lesson learned for her. She's allowed people to share her story with the people they care about because it's important for people to know that the vaccine does not mean your immune to COVID. Feel free to share this with anyone you know who might need an extra kick in butt. Haha! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Insightful 1

Wow, what happened this week. It went from people being excited that Kim Jung Hyun was possibly dating Seo Ji Hye to now people being angry that Seo Ye Ji and Kim Jung Hyun dated and she apparently influenced him to be cold to his co-star on the set of that drama he was on? :lettalKWA:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/04/13/kim-jung-hyun-and-seo-ye-jis-relationship-explored-from-dating-to-drama/

Just saw people cancelling Seo Ye Ji and was surprised? 

On 4/12/2021 at 11:36 AM, Chocolate said:

This is my dream btw! I would love a mini fridge. But I do have a snack draw in my room :brb:

18 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

So I had this student who came to my lecture  on Friday , and she tested positive on Sunday.  So now I am on quarantine :pandascared:  . Though we were both masked up , and she was 2 or 3 meters away , it’s still nerve wrecking . Now it’s back to online teaching for me . 

Oh no @abs-oluteM Hope you're going ok! Take care! Is the test quick in Malaysia? We get results back in 24 hrs here. At least it'll be comfortable teaching from home. Hope you're covid free though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Just now, Chocolate said:

All the best @abs-oluteM. Are you keeping a distance from your family too?

Yeah . Somewhat . I am in my son’s room. He moved into sleep with my hubs.  When I go to kitchen etc to take things  , I wear mask etc . 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

1 hour ago, JenL said:

Wow, what happened this week. It went from people being excited that Kim Jung Hyun was possibly dating Seo Ji Hye to now people being angry that Seo Ye Ji and Kim Jung Hyun dated and she apparently influenced him to be cold to his co-star on the set of that drama he was on? :lettalKWA:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/04/13/kim-jung-hyun-and-seo-ye-jis-relationship-explored-from-dating-to-drama/

Just saw people cancelling Seo Ye Ji and was surprised? 

Apparently there is school controversy for Seo Yeji too. Feedback in 2014. So nothing to do with the recent incident with KJH but it is on record.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/ranking/article/112/0003421383

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

@Jane My memory of this is fading since it has been a while but I'll try tapping into my interpretation of the story here.

Ha Won's colleague knew about Ha Won's obsession with Ji Soo, hence he was reluctant to show him the letter. Everyone had a reason of their own of not telling Ha Won. Seo Woo and colleague were protective of Ha Won whereas Soon Ho was being biased towards Kang In Wook and wanted to protect Kang In Wook. However, she eventually come to her senses. I was disappointed in her too although not entirely unrelatable.

Hahahahahaha, if you are already so angry with A Piece of Your Mind then I don't know how angrier you will be if you were to watch Spring Night and Something in the Rain. I'd trade these with both Weather and Piece of Mind any time.

And bahahahaha @JenL has caught up on @Jane.

All in all, I usually wouldn't recommend A Piece of Your Mind to just about anyone knowing it had so much flaws (which both of you had pointed out); however, I feel both Jung Hae In and Chae Soo Bin's chemistry and visual as the main OTP was just pure enjoyment, their interactions and them healing each other, as well as the friendship/relationship with the homestay lady. So I kind of think if you're looking for healing drama, this is still a nice one (and of course the other, better one, is When the Weather is Fine). I still think Ha Won x Seo Woo trumped Eun Seob x Hye Won. With A Piece of Your Mind, my major gripe  had to be the obsession (and screen focus) on Ji Soo for 6 long episodes. And I couldn't care less about Kang In Wook or Soon Ho too :GrowDerp:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
34 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahahahahaha, if you are already so angry with A Piece of Your Mind then I don't know how angrier you will be if you were to watch Spring Night and Something in the Rain. :GrowDerp:

Spring Night :idk: - mildly annoyed 

They depicted her ex bf as alpha male and they rubbed on him and show off their lovey dovey relationship. She's cheating on him! I'm normally not judging cheater harshly, but the way she handle the things, not nice at all to me. 

Something In The Rain :GrowDerp: - deeply annoyed 

Also another lovey dovey too sweet couple that I can't munched. Idk I'm so annoyed they hold hand below table, while eating with other people. Idk too much PDA, can't wait till go back meh? Haha... Dropped after this scene, but heard the show quite muddled. I'm glad didn't spend more time on this. 

https://thefangirlverdict.com/2018/07/08/review-pretty-noona-who-buys-me-food-something-in-the-rain/

Apparently the hand holding supposed to send ppl with butterflies. But not work for me lols. 

• Haha 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@abs-oluteM

Yeah I've been reading up on SYJ just now. Apparently Gold Medalist has finally release a statement to clarify.

Nonetheless it still hurt her career and KJH is still no where to be seen.

7 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@mademoiselleRefresh my mind but SITR I didn't like the FL character there.. but I forgot whats about. I think she's a bit whiny & weak no? Haha... 

She was a doormat and meek to her mother (bloody Do Hae Won congresswoman). She let her mum belittle JHI's character.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Hi how's everyone? Got a few days off after seeing the doctor so I finally have a bit of spare time... Got swabbed today and it was the most uncomfortable thing ever. Saw that @abs-oluteM got tested as well? Hope you're okay!

I actually can't wait to get back to work, I feel being on medical leave just makes my work pile up more :PikachuFacePalm:

Doesn't help that I'm currently only watching 1 drama. Can't seem to get into anything nowadays!

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2